LEGO Deals 3

Shaking my head.

Yes. I'm sure LEGO and Star Wars people talk to make sure everything looks right. Lego has to use Lucus's boxes for sets.

HOWEVER... Disney didn't just buy Lego and demand they make a big XWing. The XWing has been rumored for months. Even before the sale. Lego doesn't make a set in a week, it takes 8-14 months. There is no proof that Disney gets a cut of profits, we don't know the licensing agreement. And lastly I find it funny people think Disney wants a big XWing because UCS sets sell better, I have seen the XWing, TIE Fighter, Stargight all for 33% to 50% off.

Lego made this set. No one forced them to make it, more so Disney. Disney will have some say in sets for new movies and TV shows, they have to because Lego won't know what to make. But an XWing designed before Didney took over is impossible that Disney has anything to do with it.

I wasn't debating with that part. I just took issue with the LEGO makes what LEGO wants.

I agree, Disney had zero input on this one except maybe a re-approval of everything that was already in the works.

[quote name='jskatt21']Not sure what people think of this but I found Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter set for 13.99 at Shopko.[/QUOTE]

Is that the shopko a few blocks down from walmart?

[quote name='skiizim']I found a lone Chima bag, they had a ton of the Friends Ice Cream bags, I picked up two of them. I also picked up an Innotab 2 for $40, I don't know if I'm going to keep this though, my daughter already has an earlier version.[/QUOTE]

I went about 11:30 AM on the 15th. Everything was totally cleared out. Found one Chima bag back in the main lego section and thankfully it still rang up as 50%. (What the hell is this Chima stuff anyone? We usually just buy Lego City. My 5 year old thinks he's a Big Bad Wolf).

Would have loved to have found the Friends Ice Cream for my daughter.

Picked up a few sets at Toys R Us, the sale prices and the $15 off $75 or more are stacking.

Picked up 2 Y-Wings for $37.50 each, it's a TRU exclusive so probably the best price we will see unless Lego puts in on clearance and you guys know how those sales go.

I also picked up Palpatines Arrest for $66.95 after tax, they had other sets on sale but I was in a hurry, I didn't even go there for Lego.

Was just at a City Target (which BTW refused to pricematch the Best Buy President's Day sale because the manager claimed they are a subsidiary of Target and therefore the Target pricematch policy doesn't apply :roll:) and they had 4 of the Chima sets on clearance at half off (also a pink carrying case builder set with a couple of Lego girl minifigs...maybe it's a lesbian couple Lego set for girl on girl action, for 30% off), along with a bunch of Duplo sets at 30% (Zoo, Farm, Cars 2) and 50% (Duplo Green Bucket) off. No doubt this store received a massive shipment of them and doesn't have the customer demographic (virtually nothing but college students and DINKs) to actually sell them, so they are already on clearance. Gotta love Target inventory controls...

The endcap was full of at least 10-20 of each of these. I don't remember the stupid names Lego gave them (except I think one of the vultures was named "Rizzo" which made me laugh, reminding me of Frank Rizzo from the Jerky Boyz), so I will just call them like I see them.

There was the Thundercats tank with Lion-O and Panthro, The incredibly overpriced Hawkman (or was it the Silverhawks?) Eagle with Thanagarian Vultures, the ridiculously overpriced $29.99 -> "half off $14.98" one on one battle lion gate with Lion-O and some other fig, and the wolfy one. Figured it wouldn't be worth it to buy multiples in some attempt to flip/resell for a profit since these sets will be as overproduced as Ninjago, but you might want to double check your City Target stores. These also remind me of Battle Beasts, which were the shit.

01B6C563-E59F-4032-BA15-00F262AAFCBC-139-0000000AC7CCDA72_zps6fbdc34c.jpg

2CF3D794-953D-4917-B79E-35F5843503CB-139-0000000ABBA67AEA_zpse0efecbe.jpg

8D0DD11E-5A62-4B8B-AD77-D2BE8475D09B-139-0000000AA9808D8A_zps7060252b.jpg

61319A5D-EC6F-4BBC-AB03-D036D18B9A2E-139-0000000A9A7705DC_zps717648ed.jpg

EAT SHIT IF YOU COPY THIS DEAL TO SLICKDEALS OR FATWALLET!
0C45B2E2-4A1A-4FFA-A11B-3F6925BB9B05-139-0000000BC2871FAD_zpsc193d2ef.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I go to a Target that is just college students and I still never find any LEGOs on sale besides the Space Police spaceship for half off, and they had the PoP set for $58. (Should have bought it). You are just a lucky like fucker. :p

Do you live in a super rich area or high trafffic area, I find astonishing you never find anything at Target. I think it's time to pack up your bags and move!

[quote name='xycury']:( I wish I could get to Target.

I don't think I'll ever get any of those Chima bags.[/QUOTE]

I went to target today and they didnt have a single Chima bag... i was sad :(

[quote name='skiizim']Do you live in a super rich area or high trafffic area, I find astonishing you never find anything at Target. I think it's time to pack up your bags and move![/QUOTE]

I live in Mass, it's all high traffic areas. :lol:

One is in a mall, the biggest in about 100 miles around, I don't think I have ever seen any LEGO deals there. The other is in Amherst MA, a college town, so the traffic is high with college students, and they had those two deals I said, and maybe a gas truck from years ago for $15 instead of $20. But all those deals is when I was in the Target at least once a week, and they went quick. I don't bother going to Walmarts and targets 2-3 times a week, it's a waste of time and money.

I lived in Rochester for a bit, their Target and Walmart never seemed to have anything, HUGE shopping area, no chance for clearance.

Then I lived on an island that was 3 miles long and 15 wide, but all the shops were within 2x2 miles, and there was no Targets. :lol: I bought series 7 miifigures for rather cheap ($53 shipped) to save trouble, oddly they had series 7 minifigures for $4 a piece, easier to find that series 9. Has anyone seen the new series at Targets yet?

I'm just happy that most of the time the Targets near me have the ploy bags. I wish I bought more ghosts ones, the minifigure is awesome, and they sell for a lot now.

Yeah these are pretty freaking new. I doubt there were on the shelves prior to the new year. They had one or two other Chima sets, the smallest ones and the card backed "battle packs" that were not on clearance. This ia a very high traffic Target in an extremely rich/affluent area, but it's a City Target.

I always find crazy stupid clearance items at Target. Instead of clearancing these they should send them to the online warehouse/inventory or another local store where they are moving at MSRP, but I'm not going to complain. But hey, I didn't find ANY of the Valentines polybags on clearance...

I was actually surprised at the Valentines section at Target, it was cleaned on the 14th, they barely had anything left. I went the day after and the little they had remaining they let go 30% off.

[quote name='skiizim']I was actually surprised at the Valentines section at Target, it was cleaned on the 14th, they barely had anything left. I went the day after and the little they had remaining they let go 30% off.[/QUOTE]

Mine for holidays now does 30% off for candy and 50% off for everything else. It's really annoying because I love candy. :)

I saw the latest minifigures for the first time in a store (at Kmart of all places). Bought five bags at random (I'm horrible at feeling for specific things) and got a chicken guy, which made my day.

Does anyone know if the BGO50% sale stacks with clearance? I doubt my TRU has anything left in clearance but it might be worth a shot. It would make the Cars V8 Cafe and AC Mothership $30 a piece.

The Valentine polybags at Target are now 70% off if you can find any. I managed to find 2 Chima and 2 Friends ice cream stand mixed in all the mess.

Also went to TRU and grabbed 16 random CMF for the BOGO50. I'll be opening them later to see what I got.

The in-store sign at my TRU didn't say "regularly priced items only" on it. I was pondering buying 2 motherships myself, but instead ended up grabbing 2 non-clearance items (Helicopter Arrest and Joker's Funhouse).

[quote name='bigdaddy']Does anyone know if the BGO50% sale stacks with clearance? I doubt my TRU has anything left in clearance but it might be worth a shot. It would make the Cars V8 Cafe and AC Mothership $30 a piece.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PenguinoMF']The Valentine polybags at Target are now 70% off if you can find any. I managed to find 2 Chima and 2 Friends ice cream stand mixed in all the mess.

Also went to TRU and grabbed 16 random CMF for the BOGO50. I'll be opening them later to see what I got.[/QUOTE]

If you get doubles of the Judge and Roller girl lmk.

[quote name='Max Power']If you get doubles of the Judge and Roller girl lmk.[/QUOTE]

Out of the 16 I only got 3 duplicates (2 extra cops and a cyclops) which was quite a surprise to me considering I grabbed them without even feeling any. I don't mind the extra cops because I really like the dark blue uniform. They will probably walking the beat on the modular street. Bad news is I didn't get the Chicken Guy, Waiter, and Plumber which are the more popular ones.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Out of the 16 I only got 3 duplicates (2 extra cops and a cyclops) which was quite a surprise to me considering I grabbed them without even feeling any. I don't mind the extra cops because I really like the dark blue uniform. They will probably walking the beat on the modular street. Bad news is I didn't get the Chicken Guy, Waiter, and Plumber which are the more popular ones.[/QUOTE]

The first 15 packs I bought blindly, I only got 4 dupes. I found that interesting too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like this series as well, but I really really want the chicken guy. :)

I'm going to the Target in a college town Tuesday hopefully, so I will see if they finally have them. I like feeling them up, who doesn't? You get all the crazy looks. :)

There's a Galaxy Squad poly at TRU, sweet!

Got 4 polys with the BOGO and splurged a little for the $10 NinjaGo mech and $10 Galaxy Squad Bug. Got outta there for $30. I'm happy.

I've never seen the Chima and Friends polybags at Target and I go there once a week. If they were in the seasonal section that's probably why I missed them. Damn.

Surprisingly the polybag was only $3.49. Hopefully we'll see the red GS polybag at some point. I kinda like the little mech in it - plus I could load up on the red guys.

I bought all but the roller derby girl from Series 9 today from TRU. Out of the 50 or so we felt up *rowr*, there were like 3 plumbers, 3 cyclopes, 3 cops, 2 waiters, and one forest maiden. There was one with a ton of tiny pieces I couldn't identify, but now I'm thinking it might be roller derby girl.

Only 50? I have felt up 6 boxes before and was giving them out to parents looking for them.

I didn't have a job then. :lol:

I'm starting to regret not picking up the roller derby girl. I'm also missing the football player from whatever series that was. Both of those would complete their respective series.

[quote name='El Rey']Not a huge score but i did pick up a city mining 4 x 4 truck for $5[/QUOTE]

Where?

Only 50 bags? I have felt up 6 boxes before and was giving them out to parents looking for them.

The chicken guy, then derby girl are the only really great minifigures from this series.

I find it odd we didn't see anything from series 10, r the golden minifigures from the NYC Toy Fair.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Where?

Only 50 bags? I have felt up 6 boxes before and was giving them out to parents looking for them.

The chicken guy, then derby girl are the only really great minifigures from this series.

I find it odd we didn't see anything from series 10, r the golden minifigures from the NYC Toy Fair.[/QUOTE]

The knight, cyclops, and mr good and evil are all awesome figs. I think this is one of the better series.

I don't have a lot of issues with this wave other than the multiple dress-bottom style figures. I much prefer actual legs. I don't really see the appeal of chicken suit guy. But I do like the cyclops, knight, cop, space orc, and waiter.

I really like the cop in this wave. They did a nice job, particularly with his 8-point hat.

Now if I could only find a head with the proper style of eye-patch to turn the waiter into Norman from Big O.

Some sets hit 50% off clearance at the legostore. If you happen to live close to one you might be able to snag a Medieval Market Village, Technic Flatbed Truck or Star Wars Bounty Hunter at half.

Grabbed a Chima polybag last week for full price, it isn't a bad set. Since I was at Katsucon the last few days I didn't have a chance to hit Target to find one on sale.

Not sure how I feel about the new UCS X-Wing.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Some sets hit 50% off clearance at the legostore. If you happen to live close to one you might be able to snag a Medieval Market Village, Technic Flatbed Truck or Star Wars Bounty Hunter at half.[/QUOTE]

MMV for half off would be insane, that set is great. I don't think my Lego store has any in stock, but I'm half tempted to stop tonight and make sure they don't.

[quote name='BingoBrown']MMV for half off would be insane, that set is great. I don't think my Lego store has any in stock, but I'm half tempted to stop tonight and make sure they don't.[/QUOTE]

You could just call ahead, if you didn't know they will hold any set for you until closing. I tried calling mine and they said they haven't had it in a while, I remember seeing one but I think this was at the downtown Disney location.

[quote name='skiizim']You could just call ahead, if you didn't know they will hold any set for you until closing. I tried calling mine and they said they haven't had it in a while, I remember seeing one but I think this was at the downtown Disney location.[/QUOTE]

I did end up calling. No MMV and no Star Wars Bounty Hunter set. Oh well.

[quote name='BingoBrown']MMV for half off would be insane, that set is great. I don't think my Lego store has any in stock, but I'm half tempted to stop tonight and make sure they don't.[/QUOTE]

All Harry Potter sets are also 50% off, but good luck trying to find stores that still have them in stock. We got in a few Diagon Alleys a week back that were marked at $80 or so.

The Medieval Markets sold out very very quickly at their price.

Maybe I missed this before but amazon has the avengers hulk helicarrier breakout for less than 40 bucks. It's listed as "used" but is from amazon warehouse and its because of box damage but is otherwise complete (at least mine was). Not a gigantic discount but I've been waiting for it to drop to get a hulk.

[quote name='EnronLackey']Went to TrU last night and picked up a Y wing and Battle for Hoth set, tried to use the coupon and was denied due to the buy one get one 50% off sale.[/QUOTE]

Which is bullshit BTW because TrU sent me a text that morning about the sale and how I can save an additional 20 bucks a with coupon.

Had some leftover money from Katsucon and felt like building something.

I've had my eye on the Kai's Fire Mech set for a little while now, as 100 pieces for $10 is a decent deal nowadays.

So I head to my local Target after class. Grabbed the Fire Mech, and as I was walking out of the aisle I noticed the Razcal's Glider set sitting there... for $10. Not sure if it's a Target wide deal or what, but I grabbed it while I was there. Both sets are kind of nice for the $10 price point I got them at. Legends of Chima is starting to grow on me.

Wandered back to the seasonal section then. Most of the February 14th stuff was cleaned out, and as predicted all of the Chima polybags were gone (glad I grabbed one before Katsucon). They had a few of the Friends picnic polybags. Normally I wouldn't even bother, but it had some nice colors in it that weren't pick. So I picked on up, scanned it, and it scanned at... $0.39. Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. Only other interesting note was it appeared they got a new shipment of X-Wings in.

So then I hit Walmart on the way home. Didn't really have anything, but it appeared they got a new shipment of the Lego Creator Log Cabin in, and the Cool Cruiser set. The Razcal's Glider was still $12. Still two Falcons, but no discount. So I wandered over to clearance, which was basically cleaned out, except for a Black Pearl whose box was beat to hell. It felt like all the pieces were there though so I decided to scan it just to see. I almost laughed out loud in the middle of the store when it rang up as $69.00... I got the thing for $49.50 right after Christmas.

What does anyone think of the Cool Cruiser set? It's 600 some pieces for only $40, and I really like the main model and the one alternate model.

bread's done
Back