LEGO Deals 3

Now that Lego has moved on to series 10 is eBay pretty much the only place to find series 8? (My Fred Meyers had some until about a couple of weeks ago.)

Really need the Fairy Princess and cowgirl for my daughter. (Nothing looks good in series 10)

[quote name='salty tbone']I found series 10 at a couple Targets yesterday. Grabbed five without feeling because I too like to live dangerously.[/QUOTE]

Ha, me too. Actually i've bought 32 of them blindly. So far, I only have 12 of the minifigs. I really should try to start feeling them, but i'm usually in a rush anyway.

[quote name='eldergamer']Now that Lego has moved on to series 10 is eBay pretty much the only place to find series 8? (My Fred Meyers had some until about a couple of weeks ago.)

Really need the Fairy Princess and cowgirl for my daughter. (Nothing looks good in series 10)[/QUOTE]

Man I haven't seen series 8 since this winter when Walmart clearanced out their stock for $1.

[quote name='salty tbone']I found series 10 at a couple Targets yesterday. Grabbed five without feeling because I too like to live dangerously.[/QUOTE]

Considering they were so late in putting out Series 9, this surprises me. Sadly I don't get paid again until Friday.

My Han Solo mini-figure and poster showed up, and so did the B-Wing. I also got the free Chima sets in each.

Won't get to build the B-Wing until a couple weeks from now, but can't wait to start it.

A heads up from Brickset and LEGO S@H

LEGO has reached out to us to let you know that their shopping system will be undergoing maintenance tomorrow (Tuesday the 14th)and there will be a few issues they'd like you to be aware of:

Brick & Mortar LEGO Stores (between 05:00 – 15:00 GMT / 00:00 – 10:00 EST)

No VIP point redemption
No VIP sign-ups
No VIP points earning displayed on receipt
No VIP point balance available
Online LEGO Shop (Between 05:00 – 15:00 GMT / 00:00 – 10:00 EST)

Promotions will not show online
No VIP sign up or redemptions
No VIP points simulation in the check-out basket
No VIP account status online and registration
Phone ordering (Between 09:00 – 13:00 GMT / 04:00 – 08:00 EST)

No Web or Phone orders can be placed – LEGO Shop website offline.

[quote name='bigdaddy']TRU.com has series 7 and 9 but no series 8.[/QUOTE]

Just the other day, I was moving some product around and I found a single series 5 pack.

[quote name='prim4444']Just the other day, I was moving some product around and I found a single series 5 pack.[/QUOTE]

When I was buying series 8 months ago a woman had two series 5 and 1 series 6. I found one random series 5 but it was some bleh figure.

My B-Wing just got here and they sent me a 2nd free Chima starter set (same one). They must have a huge pile of those that aren't selling or something.

AWD finally updated and added things. Nothing really stands out except there is a Log Cabin for $20. Once again, great set for $20.

I love how there is a police station for $73 when that used to be the price for a new set and on AWD it would be $58-$63.

[quote name='bigdaddy']AWD finally updated and added things. Nothing really stands out except there is a Log Cabin for $20. Once again, great set for $20.

I love how there is a police station for $73 when that used to be the price for a new set and on AWD it would be $58-$63.[/QUOTE]

Those are just the leftovers from this morning's big inventory update; there were some much better deals earlier this morning. :D:D:D

Tested out my Chima speeder set. It's a hit with my cat, lol. Moves like a mouse. Can use the extra pieces for some of my sets and maybe the clear blue ones for my starships as lights. Once I get the Falcon built, I'll see how I can make it look with them. Also, My Walmart had the Chima Winzar pack at $9(they called it Ice Tower). At 101pcs, not a bad price. Picked it up for my Hoth sets since there is so many white pieces in it. This is why I love LEGO, can always expand the original sets.

Same here. I haven't opened them but I will eventually just for the parts and minifigures. They are a terrible ripoff at $20, but free is just the right price. :)

[quote name='FadeToOne']My B-Wing just got here and they sent me a 2nd free Chima starter set (same one). They must have a huge pile of those that aren't selling or something.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdaddy']A gobbin king set for almost 40% off...

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Hobbit-G...&ie=UTF8&qid=1368669673&sr=1-11&keywords=lego

And it's gone![/QUOTE]

;)That was me. Actually, that must have been another one, because that was one of the sets I picked up yesterday morning for the same price. I ordered that as well as the Marvel Spidey Cycle/Venom/Shield Car/Nick Fury set, and a couple of Lone Ranger sets :lol:. Not sure if there were even more great deals that I missed. Those were part of the big inventory update yesterday sometime late morning Pacific time that I was talking about, saw the $20 Log Cabin as well but saw the newer sets at very good discounts and just started ordering.

BTW there are currently some Lone Ranger sets LN, probably dinger boxes, for 15-20% off. 2 of The Mine Shootout $60.25 and 5 Stagecoaches $24.31. They also had the Infantry minifig set earlier. I'd prefer better discounts, but these are newer sets and wild west theme which, along with pirates, are the two themes I regret most missing out on.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Lego purchases are put on hold for a couple weeks I think. I was hoping to go Series 10 hunting tomorrow, but due to circumstances my money ran a little low.

Unless a really super fantastic deal peaks my interest, like the B-Wing did.

My Lego Champion game came in. The Amazon box was poorly packaged. I could hear the mail man throw it because it jiggled so much.

The game looks like a few bricks were thrown at it. :lol:

I stopped by my ToysRUs and they were doing a buy one get one 50% everything. I noticed they had the series two of Friends for $4.99 each so I got the hedgehog and the bunny. I also noticed that the series one was still selling for $5.99.

I assume the people in this thread know quite a bit about lego :p

I was given a Lego Viking Chess set and was wondering if it was worth keeping or selling. The box is nice, it has leather straps and leather button straps. All of the pieces are there and it looks like it was never played with. Just some dust from wherever it was stored before my grandma found it. She picked it up at a treasures shop for something like $5 which judging by ebay isn't a bad deal. The figures are regular lego figure size (read something about a minifig set? not sure if it means some of the pieces are minifigs).

Anyhow, thanks for any info you can give me :) I had legos as a kid (well also have a few sets now) but nothing major recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FadeToDark']I assume the people in this thread know quite a bit about lego :p

I was given a Lego Viking Chess set and was wondering if it was worth keeping or selling. The box is nice, it has leather straps and leather button straps. All of the pieces are there and it looks like it was never played with. Just some dust from wherever it was stored before my grandma found it. She picked it up at a treasures shop for something like $5 which judging by ebay isn't a bad deal. The figures are regular lego figure size (read something about a minifig set? not sure if it means some of the pieces are minifigs).

Anyhow, thanks for any info you can give me :) I had legos as a kid (well also have a few sets now) but nothing major recently.[/QUOTE]

Probably worth a decent amount if all the pieces are there.

Anyone have the Spider-cycle set? I've had my eye on it for a while and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on it.

[quote name='mweav067']Probably worth a decent amount if all the pieces are there.

Anyone have the Spider-cycle set? I've had my eye on it for a while and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on it.[/QUOTE]

My buddy demonchylde has it, and I just ordered it off Warehouse Deals (hasn't arrived yet). Great set for the minifigs you get with it.

I don't have the Spiderman set, but was going to buy it from a YOYO.com BOBO50% off sale, until the second set I wanted (Batman Aquaman and Freeze) set went out of stock. Well worth it for the minifigures and from the reviews I have seen it's a neat little bike and a nice looking car.

[quote name='mweav067']Probably worth a decent amount if all the pieces are there.

Anyone have the Spider-cycle set? I've had my eye on it for a while and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on it.[/QUOTE]

It does have all of the pieces in the set. The only thing I can tell it doesn't have from the original new is the slip cover showing the picture of what it is and the UPC and it doesn't have instructions.

Would Ebay be a good judge of value?

[quote name='FadeToDark']It does have all of the pieces in the set. The only thing I can tell it doesn't have from the original new is the slip cover showing the picture of what it is and the UPC and it doesn't have instructions.

Would Ebay be a good judge of value?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I see if it's selling there, how well, and cost. Amazon has some listed from $100 to $150 but they are always high, and with so many listened it's clear that's too much.

Also bricklink.com is a great place to check too.

For those still looking for Series 9 figures, TRU is now sending these out to stores. New smaller 30 count boxes.

20130518_053555.jpg

I've started to see these everywhere including the Lego stores. I first saw them at launch at Five Below. I think the half cases are being used to fulfill final orders of that series and then they're done.

[quote name='prim4444']For those still looking for Series 9 figures, TRU is now sending these out to stores. New smaller 30 count boxes.

20130518_053555.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Max Power']Looking for the Luthor poly and electro batman. If you have one available let me know.[/QUOTE]

The Luthor Poly is going to be a tough find as it was a preorder bonus. $15-20 on eBay. The electro suit Batman should be easy as picking up the batman dictionary. There are often really good deals on these dictionaries but to buy the figure alone on eBay will cost you as little as $5.

[quote name='FadeToDark']It does have all of the pieces in the set. The only thing I can tell it doesn't have from the original new is the slip cover showing the picture of what it is and the UPC and it doesn't have instructions.

Would Ebay be a good judge of value?[/QUOTE]

Missing things like the instructions hurts the value by a decent amount. I'd check eBay for similar items and go from there.

[quote name='prim4444']For those still looking for Series 9 figures, TRU is now sending these out to stores. New smaller 30 count boxes.

20130518_053555.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Those damn boxes are the reason we don't have three complete sets in a 60 box.

Score! I just picked up the Avengers Hulk Helicarrier Breakout set on clearance for $20. It was unfortunately missing a handful of misc. non-essential pieces, but also had about a half-dozen random extras.

Does anyone have any experience with ordering/requesting missing pieces straight from LEGO? Their website seems almost TOO easy to submit a request from (like what's stopping unscrupulous folk from saying they didn't get the mini-figs?), so I'm just curious of what to expect.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Score! I just picked up the Avengers Hulk Helicarrier Breakout set on clearance for $20. It was unfortunately missing a handful of misc. non-essential pieces, but also had about a half-dozen random extras.

Does anyone have any experience with ordering/requesting missing pieces straight from LEGO? Their website seems almost TOO easy to submit a request from (like what's stopping unscrupulous folk from saying they didn't get the mini-figs?), so I'm just curious of what to expect.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the set on clearance? Would really like that set for the minifigs.

Must get Hulk.

LEGO will give anyone pieces without question that you request. I had to request a whole bag of parts once, there were around 70 i think. Gave me them within 2 weeks no questions asked. I just explained I bought the set fro mTRU and that a bag was missing and I couldn't return it because it was too late and they no longer made that set.

I still need to request a Cars piece, mine is deformed.

[quote name='brock Samson']The Luthor Poly is going to be a tough find as it was a preorder bonus. $15-20 on eBay. The electro suit Batman should be easy as picking up the batman dictionary. There are often really good deals on these dictionaries but to buy the figure alone on eBay will cost you as little as $5.[/QUOTE]

Looking to trade for these.

bread's done
Back