LEGO Deals 3

Peabody MA is having a birthday party or something....

Peabody, Massachusetts Northshore Mall LEGO Store

The Peabody, MA LEGO store in United States will be having its one year anniversary celebration this weekend! Thanks to forum member bobl for the information.

Celebrate the One Year Anniversary of the LEGO Store at Northshore Mall!

Join hundreds of LEGO fans and help build a huge map of the United States brick by brick! Build your own creation and add it to the Nation! You’ll receive a free Certificate of Achievement for participating!

May 31-June 2, Macy’s Court

Friday, May 31: 11am-7pm
Saturday, June 1: 10am-6pm
Sunday, June 2: 11am-6pm
LEGO Store Special Promotions & Deals

Visit the LEGO Store during the building event and you will receive one of these exclusive giveaways with your purchase:

FREE LEGO Birthday Cake Set with a $35 Purchase!
FREE LEGO Minifigure Set with a $50 Purchase!

[quote name='kojubat']Amazon has 10224 Town Hall on sale for $151.41 right now, about 25% off MSRP + whatever benefits you personally get from shopping at Amazon (trade credit, no tax and/or free shipping).[/QUOTE]

camelx3 isn't showing it (maybe Amazon created a different listing) but this was $150 for the longest time on Amazon. I was shocked when I finally saw it for $200 on lego.com.

[quote name='bigdaddy']HUGE YMWV on this.[/QUOTE]

The K-Mart on Murray Blvd in Beaverton, OR is doing this sale. Only saw the Kre-O Battleship "Alien Strike" set for $15.00, which is about $2.50 cheaper than Amazon ATM.

Picked one up, the ship is really rad. The mini-figs dont have the camo detailing on the shoulders as they do on the box-art, but meh. The Kre-O sets really stepped up after the crummy first Transformers releases. Cannot recommend the Devastator set enough (bonus point if you can find the TRU-exclusive version w/ Iron Hide).

AWD has a 'used-good' set for ~$30 http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...r=8-1&keywords=devastator+kreo&condition=used

Also looks like someone snagged the last Weathertop from the Hillsdale Target I was eyeballing when it was $40.xx. Lucky bastard, lol.

*edit*

Will Target PM Amazon AND honor the B1g1 50%-off? Looking at the Garbage Truck & Prisoner Escape sets, both are 17.xx on Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the BOGO is automatic in the system even after a price match...unless you have an a$$hat CSR that cancels it to stop from double-dipping.

Went to KMART and they had the 50% off clearance toys.

I was able to get the Ninjago Samurai Mech (normally 39.99) for $18.00. This is my 2nd one. The first one was so good, and the pieces so unique that I couldn't resist another at that price.

I also got a LEGO friends set for $3.50. I think it was Andrea, and she had a piano? Didn't really scope it out, but for that price, and the piece color for my MOCs I knew I wouldn't regret it.

I got the Star Wars series planets, Naboo starfighter and Sebulba for $4.00 each.

To top it off, there were some Hobbit action figures as well for $2.00
Thorin, Legolas and Bilbo.

I was really glad I went.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']hmm i wonder how widespread the kmart clearances are[/QUOTE]

Out of the 5-7 stores I visit selection always varies, there was one store where I picked up around $300 in clearance Lego and I haven't seen anything since.

^ No, people just wanted them earlier, probably because of the stupid news stories about them.

KMarts don't even do the clearances at the same time anymore. Last time I went twice and both times not a single LEGO set others reported as clearance came up as such.

[quote name='Corvin']My Meijer still has a few of these. Are they really hard to find?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you were around when this happened last month on Aprils Fools, somebody posted that the set was going to be discontinued due to somebody feeling the set was too racist. Right after that, they sold out everywhere, the funny thing was Lego never said they were going to retire the set right then and there. It is scheduled to be retired when it would have gone away anyway.

Still a great buy for almost $40 under retail, especially if you don't pay tax.

Thanks for the heads up on the LOTR bundle. Turns out I don't have either set and I can ship it for free close to my house.

Please note the WALMART deal posted above is not accurate. This has been gone through on other forums before, but if you watch the bundle summary on the right side of the screen the bundle is only for ONE set. It is not for both the riddles of the ring and an additional set. It uses the riddles set for the base price and the additional are for the other sets only! If you cleck the Gandalf set only the gandalf set shows up in the bundle. It is rather tricky wording, but many were disappointed when they went to pick up their orders and it was only the set selected.

If you need to see the difference go to a different bundle and watch how it lists all items in the bundle on the "bundle summary" section.

Not here to crap on deals, just limit the pending frustration...

Ewok village looking pretty decent.

Just got back from hitting up 2 of my 3 closeish Kmarts. One had zip, the other had 3 Warg sets and 1 Uruk Hai on clearance. I grabbed all 4 for $71 and change. About to leave to try the 3rd.

[quote name='bigdaddy']^ No, people just wanted them earlier, probably because of the stupid news stories about them.

KMarts don't even do the clearances at the same time anymore. Last time I went twice and both times not a single LEGO set others reported as clearance came up as such.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it is more of a regional thing now?

For example, I have 3 KMARTs near me, and every time one of them does the 50% off clearance, they all get it. And they are clearly marked without confusion.

Maybe it just has something to do with management as well?

[quote name='crowbb']Ewok village looking pretty decent.

Just got back from hitting up 2 of my 3 closeish Kmarts. One had zip, the other had 3 Warg sets and 1 Uruk Hai on clearance. I grabbed all 4 for $71 and change. About to leave to try the 3rd.[/QUOTE]

Very nice find. Our Hobbit sets have not been clearanced, but maybe they are and they just aren't marked. I will definitely have to go back and check.

Lego Shop@Home has an overlap of the May/June promos right now where you can get both the May $50+ free minifigure (Iron Man Drone Attack) and the June $75+ free minifigure (Jor El). They both automatically add to your cart when you reach $75+. Free shipping on $75+ as well.

They also seem to have the new Lord of the Rings sets available for purchase (except Tower of Orthanc and Battle at the Black Gate).

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Lego Shop@Home has an overlap of the May/June promos right now where you can get both the May $50+ free minifigure (Iron Man Drone Attack) and the June $75+ free minifigure (Jor El). They both automatically add to your cart when you reach $75+. Free shipping on $75+ as well.

They also seem to have the new Lord of the Rings sets available for purchase (except Tower of Orthanc and Battle at the Black Gate).[/QUOTE]

Very glad you said this.
I went to the website and ordered the Council of Elrond (29.99) and Dragon Mountain, the new Castle set (49.99) for a total of (79.98).

I was given
-free shipping
-free Marvel Super Heroes Iron Man Drone Polybag
-free DC Universe Super Hero Jor-El

I had contemplated making a $50 order in May for some of the newer sets, but I am very glad I held off now.
Free LEGO is the best LEGO :D

[quote name='SSchmidt']Very glad you said this.
I went to the website and ordered the Council of Elrond (29.99) and Dragon Mountain, the new Castle set (49.99) for a total of (79.98).

I was given
-free shipping
-free Marvel Super Heroes Iron Man Drone Polybag
-free DC Universe Super Hero Jor-El

I had contemplated making a $50 order in May for some of the newer sets, but I am very glad I held off now.
Free LEGO is the best LEGO :D[/QUOTE]

I've been putting off getting the Train Station for quite a while but it's beginning to look like it might be going out of print so I finally put in an order for it as well as some tracks. Mostly stuff that's only available from Lego directly. There's really no sets with Iron Man that I want so I figured this was they best way to get the mini-figure itself.

[quote name='pumbaugh']Please note the WALMART deal posted above is not accurate. This has been gone through on other forums before, but if you watch the bundle summary on the right side of the screen the bundle is only for ONE set. It is not for both the riddles of the ring and an additional set. It uses the riddles set for the base price and the additional are for the other sets only! If you cleck the Gandalf set only the gandalf set shows up in the bundle. It is rather tricky wording, but many were disappointed when they went to pick up their orders and it was only the set selected.

If you need to see the difference go to a different bundle and watch how it lists all items in the bundle on the "bundle summary" section.

Not here to crap on deals, just limit the pending frustration...[/QUOTE]

This. I ordered this shit last time, and I didn't come with the small set with Gollum. Still shady as hell, cause it's a bundle of ONE.

[quote name='pumbaugh']Please note the WALMART deal posted above is not accurate. This has been gone through on other forums before, but if you watch the bundle summary on the right side of the screen the bundle is only for ONE set. It is not for both the riddles of the ring and an additional set. It uses the riddles set for the base price and the additional are for the other sets only! If you cleck the Gandalf set only the gandalf set shows up in the bundle. It is rather tricky wording, but many were disappointed when they went to pick up their orders and it was only the set selected.

Not here to crap on deals, just limit the pending frustration...[/QUOTE]

The heads up is much appreciated, thanks for the warning.

Fred Meyer has some pretty good deals this week. There is a coupon for 20% off $20 toy purchase coupon, plus several LEGO sets are 20-30% off. I picked up the Mining 4x4 (4200), Endor Battle Pack (9489), and Swamp Creature (9461) for ~$17. Looks like all of the Monster Fighter sets are marked down, as well as several SW, Friends and City sets. If I didn't already have all of the monster fighter sets I would have gotten the Crazy scientist set (~$28) and the Ghost Train (~$44). Other stores may have other sets on sale that my store did not have, so there may be more as well.

Is the coupon in-store? I can't seem to find one in the weekly ad.

*edit* ahhhh found it hidden in the food section

Thanks for the heads up, Admiral.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ewok village looks cool but they should've included an AT-ST since they put the log "hammer" in.

Has anybody checked out that new Bricktrader site? I want to sell off some stuff before I move and it looks like a nice alternative to bricklink.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']^Agreed. Whack price per piece when compared to Orthanc. Not a huge fan of Ewoks, either.[/QUOTE]

Price per brick would put it at $200 but with mostly small pieces I myself would value it at $175, the haunted mansion is way cooler but cost $180.

[quote name='Corvin']Ewok village looks pretty cool, but not $250 cool. Doesn't seem like much substance for the cost.[/QUOTE]

The set has like 15 minifigs. The other sets mentioned have like 5. That is where the extra price is coming from. Personally, I would like it to be $200 too.

[quote name='encendido5']Ewok village looks cool but they should've included an AT-ST since they put the log "hammer" in.

Has anybody checked out that new Bricktrader site? I want to sell off some stuff before I move and it looks like a nice alternative to bricklink.[/QUOTE]

Looks very UK based. Might put off the US fan base. Prices seem higher than ebay.

[quote name='Max Power']The set has like 15 minifigs. The other sets mentioned have like 5. That is where the extra price is coming from. Personally, I would like it to be $200 too.[/QUOTE]

Lets hope it tanks like the B-Wing, I would rather have it for 50% off!

Went to TRU today, and they are having that spend 75, get 20 off sale on all LEGO, excluding Lone Ranger and Castle.

However, it applies to the new LOTR sets (and their markups). I was able to get the Black gate for about $10 bucks cheaper than the MSRP. Not a huge deal, but considering the dang thing just came out, I was tickled with it.

Can't say I'm getting the Ewok Village at that price. I might bite if it was $225, but not at $250.

Is that double bonus for Shop at Home still working? If so it might be time to order my dad's father's day gift.

going to call Kmart today to see if their stuff is on clearance... I'd go but the trip might not be worth it.

If it's not I'm headed to B&N with my 30% off coupon to grab weathertop.

[quote name='Max Power']The set has like 15 minifigs. The other sets mentioned have like 5. That is where the extra price is coming from. Personally, I would like it to be $200 too.[/QUOTE]

The figure count is impressive, but I've never been on board the "fig = $3" mentality. Each figure is simply 3-4 more pieces. This set has a SW markup as well as a minifig markup.

The Town Hall by comparison has 8 figs and almost 800 more pieces and is $50 cheaper. I think LEGO is starting to get cocky on these larger collector sets thinking fans will buy in at any price. The B-wing was the first WTF. It only has 200 more pieces than the M.Falcon, no minifigs and carries a $60 markup.

The Ewok Village is far different from the B-Wing (and it's downfall). People will actually buy this. This isn't some obscure ship that isn't much used in the movie. This is an iconic scene from the third movie. It covers 15 minifigures to boot. Sure, this isn't under 10cents/piece like everyone hopes for. This is a license set and they are always up.

It's basically the next 'Death Star'-level set, but less than $400. If people bought that for $400, they'll buy an ewok village for $250, whether we like the price or not.

Grumpy about my Target. Found a bin with Series 8, Series 9, some older Friends bags, and a bunch of the Mega Halo figure series 3, 4, 5. Everything comes up out-of-system on the price checker, out-of-system on the handheld scanner too. Go to a register to price check, out-of-system.

I was kind of excited. But when they actually ring them up, everything is full price. The older Halo ones are actually more expensive than the current set. :whistle2:x So much for that find. Put most of them back.

[quote name='Corvin']The figure count is impressive, but I've never been on board the "fig = $3" mentality. Each figure is simply 3-4 more pieces. This set has a SW markup as well as a minifig markup.

The Town Hall by comparison has 8 figs and almost 800 more pieces and is $50 cheaper. I think LEGO is starting to get cocky on these larger collector sets thinking fans will buy in at any price. The B-wing was the first WTF. It only has 200 more pieces than the M.Falcon, no minifigs and carries a $60 markup.[/QUOTE]

They have to pay a licensing fee for Star Wars. Now if you want to talk about what the price should be for the X-wing and B-Wing, we can talk. Both of those sets are overpriced.

Every Star Wars set is at least 25% overpriced.

What I'd like to figure out is why the City sets are overpriced more than the Star Wars sets are now.

Fred Meyer has some pretty good deals this week. There is a coupon for 20% off $20 toy purchase coupon, plus several LEGO sets are 20-30% off. I picked up the Mining 4x4 (4200), Endor Battle Pack (9489), and Swamp Creature (9461) for ~$17. Looks like all of the Monster Fighter sets are marked down, as well as several SW, Friends and City sets. If I didn't already have all of the monster fighter sets I would have gotten the Crazy scientist set (~$28) and the Ghost Train (~$44). Other stores may have other sets on sale that my store did not have, so there may be more as well.
Thanks for the heads up on this. I almost got the Ghost Train, but ended up with an X Wing Fighter and the Desert Skiff set for like $50 for the pair.

Went to TRU today, and they are having that spend 75, get 20 off sale on all LEGO, excluding Lone Ranger and Castle.

However, it applies to the new LOTR sets (and their markups). I was able to get the Black gate for about $10 bucks cheaper than the MSRP. Not a huge deal, but considering the dang thing just came out, I was tickled with it.
These stores are also having an additional $10 gift card with $50 purchase. The deal rings up automatically in the system and stacks with the $20 off sale going on.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I almost got the Ghost Train, but ended up with an X Wing Fighter and the Desert Skiff set for like $50 for the pair.
Heh, I also ended up passing on the Ghost Train set, but picked up pretty much all the other Monster Fighters ones (sans castle & mansion), plus the City Garbage Truck and the Desert Skiff.

I'm pulling my hair out trying to locate a freakin' Droid Escape Pod set though, as it seems that was the first one to get cleared off the shelves in my area.

bread's done
Back