LEGO Deals 3

Won a POTC Maccus for only $6.65 shipped the other day, he was the last piece needed from the used Black Pearl set I picked up a couple months ago.

New summer catalog, with 10% off coupon came in the mail the other day too. Going on vacation tomorrow so I'm gonna see what the Lego store in Downtown Disney has.

Heads up for the CAGS in the Pacific NW taking advantage of the "20%-off $20+" Fred Meyers deal:

You can print out more coupons directly from the FM website, featured here:

http://fredmeyer.inserts2online.com/printCoupon.jsp?itemId=35978688

It will bring up the automatic printing dialogue, but you can just close that if you need to save it & take it to a printing place.

Enjoy!

*Edit*

A warning as well: When I picked up  a Werewolf set + 2 minifigs yesterday (to break the $20-min for the coupon), the cashier didn't scan the coupon properly and instead applied the 20%-off employee discount to JUST the Werewolf set. Noticed this after I got home.  I almost got miffed at the $1.20 I overpaid, but I realized that meant I could return the mini-figs for full price, thus circumventing the $20 minimum for the coupon. This is EXTREMELY YMMV.

Moral of the story: CHECK YOUR RECEIPT! You might be able to return any filler items you might not really want.

Last edited by a moderator:
MY EYES!  I'M BLINDED!

Honestly, what the fuck is up with the new site.  I feel like I'm in an Apple store in a hospital on the new USS Enterprise.   This will get some taken used to.  And the mobile site doesn't lie you jump pages as easily.

My really cheap beat up NinjaGo set came in, front looked good, back looks like hell with a huge white area as a sticker because it was ripped from top to bottom, but its fine for 68% off.   :)

MY EYES! I'M BLINDED!

Honestly, what the fuck is up with the new site. I feel like I'm in an Apple store in a hospital on the new USS Enterprise. This will get some taken used to. And the mobile site doesn't lie you jump pages as easily.

My really cheap beat up NinjaGo set came in, front looked good, back looks like hell with a huge white area as a sticker because it was ripped from top to bottom, but its fine for 68% off. :)
I feel like I'm at the club and the lights come on and you see all the ugly females. >_<

MY EYES! I'M BLINDED!

Honestly, what the fuck is up with the new site. I feel like I'm in an Apple store in a hospital on the new USS Enterprise. This will get some taken used to. And the mobile site doesn't lie you jump pages as easily.

My really cheap beat up NinjaGo set came in, front looked good, back looks like hell with a huge white area as a sticker because it was ripped from top to bottom, but its fine for 68% off. :)
I have some eye problems and the new site is not gonna be easy for me.I find it harder for me to read.

I personally can't stand the fact that I can't view the last post entered without having to go directly to the last page. But I am sure everything will be restored shortly. Cheapy and his posse will fix all those kinks.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I almost got the Ghost Train, but ended up with an X Wing Fighter and the Desert Skiff set for like $50 for the pair.
Heh, I also ended up passing on the Ghost Train set, but picked up pretty much all the other Monster Fighters ones (sans castle & mansion), plus the City Garbage Truck and the Desert Skiff.

I'm pulling my hair out trying to locate a freakin' Droid Escape Pod set though, as it seems that was the first one to get cleared off the shelves in my area.
The FMs here have so many of the Droid Escape Pods that it seems like you're tripping over them looking for other sets.

Curses!

I'll probably just end up using some of my AMZ credit to order the set by itself, I don't think it'd be worth the gas to drive out to the other stores on the opposite end of town at this point.

At Denver Comic Con I saw something amazing:  A LEGO Big Daddy and a LEGO Songbird.  The Songbird was at least 20"+ tall and probably cost a smabillion dollars in parts, but the Big Daddy was rather small and doable.  The guy who made them (Imagine Rigney) created an instructables outline with all of the pieces needed to make one yourself.  I spent the past 3 hours on Bricklink getting just about all of the pieces I need to make one myself:

Instructables page

tumblr_lnb3heQM601qz9bu3o1_500.jpg

I took some pictures of the songbird, but I'm hesitant to post them around until Imagine puts some pics of it up on his flickr page.  Not sure why he hasn't yet, it's the most beautiful LEGO creation I've ever seen, greater than any real LEGO set...pics coming soon...

OK, time for Songbird pics:

LEGOSongbird_zpsf8ac70be.jpg

LEGOSongbirdfront_zps130cef31.jpg

Again, all credit and respect goes to Imagine Rigney: www.flickr.com/photos/imaginebrickzone/

edit: Whoops encendido5 beat me to it.

You can try it out now. Go to the bottom of the page and hit change theme. I find it much much easier to read than the nuclear eye blinding white that doesn't really separate the posts from the rest of the page.

For something Lego related...2 more weeks until I finally get a Lego store within 30 minutes of me. It will be nice, but also not so nice for my wallet. I'm already planning to grab a Grand Emporium with my 10% off coupon.

I can't wait till they bring the dark scheme back again. This seems to be a bigger jump than CAG 1.0 to CAG 2.0.

Built the Crazy Scientist Monster Fighters set the other night. It's actually quite a nice set, I was a lot more impressed building it than I was by the box.

Built the Crazy Scientist Monster Fighters set the other night. It's actually quite a nice set, I was a lot more impressed building it than I was by the box.
This is how I felt about this set as well. It was the MF set I was least interested in, but ended up being one of my favorite ones.

And speaking of MF, the castle is 74.60 at AWD. I highly reccomend this, it is a very nice castle.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Monster-Fighters-Vampyre-Castle/dp/B007Q0OQCK/ref=sr_1_18?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1370623603&sr=1-18

This is how I felt about this set as well. It was the MF set I was least interested in, but ended up being one of my favorite ones.

And speaking of MF, the castle is 74.60 at AWD. I highly reccomend this, it is a very nice castle.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Monster-Fighters-Vampyre-Castle/dp/B007Q0OQCK/ref=sr_1_18?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1370623603&sr=1-18
The castle is great, if someone hasn't picked it up yet, that's a pretty good price for it. I took the "Monster Fighters" and their car out of mine and have it displayed with my Vampire Hunter D minifig riding up to the gates on a horse. It works perfectly. :)

The castle is great, if someone hasn't picked it up yet, that's a pretty good price for it. I took the "Monster Fighters" and their car out of mine and have it displayed with my Vampire Hunter D minifig riding up to the gates on a horse. It works perfectly. :)
The way quoting works now is crazy and I am not sure how to get rid of most of this...

Anyway to add to this, I was able to pick up one of these sets for $63 at Fred Meyer awhile back and was able to sell the mechanical arm guy for $15 on amazon. I don't know if the price is still so high for that guy (he is fairly hard to come by) but this could be a way of taking even more off the price if you aren't dying to have that figure.

Yay for blackness!

And for my name change. :)
That's going to take some getting used to :)

Who was looking for Helm's Deep? It's $107 on Amazon right now. It's not the greatest discount, but it's a good deal with free shipping and no tax. Get it soon before the price goes up like the 4842 Hogwart's Castle.

My go-to Wal-Mart for lego clearance has decided that "clearance" now means slapping a red sticker on everything and keeping it at MSRP. Ghost Train at $80, Star Wars planets at $10, series 10 at $3, Gandalf polybag at $4. Everything else in the clearance section was also full price... waste of a trip out that was.

That's what Walmart does now, it's nothing new around here.

I'm starting to think it's what the company does instead of Target's red dot on the price label, simply means it's the last ones they are getting, and at some point will be marked down.

The nickname was from several years ago because I was thin and hated children.  So I was called Big Daddy as a joke in college.

Then my best friend has called me "Green Giant" because I'm 6 inches taller than him and a gardener, so I went with that.

I was going to go with "Gay LEGO fan who doesn't like girl on girl jet skiing" but I thought that would be too long.  :)

Picked up the Creator Family House, Tree House and Jor-El poly

Today - Local toy show haul - series 2 ringmaster, series 3 hula dancer, series 5 small clown & ice fisherman and Spider-man. Also from the Lego store my wife picked up the minifigure birthday set

I picked Malibu Mansion Attack for $30 and Iron Man Vs The Mandarin for $10 at Walmart today. I didn't really want the Mandarin set but I really wanted the Iron Man. They also had Power Armor Lex Luther and Black Zero Escape on sale for $17. That seems to be universal according to the app.

The nickname was from several years ago because I was thin and hated children. So I was called Big Daddy as a joke in college.

Then my best friend has called me "Green Giant" because I'm 6 inches taller than him and a gardener, so I went with that.

I was going to go with "Gay LEGO fan who doesn't like girl on girl jet skiing" but I thought that would be too long. :)
I bet you wish it was boy on boy jet skiing don't you? =P

So out of the 20+ figures I've pulled from Series 10, I've gotten quite a few Centurions and Clowns...UGH. All I want is a Catcher...and maybe Mr. Gold. Otherwise I'm kinda flush with figures...if anyone wants to trade me a Catcher, let me know what you're after!

Wondering if I'll keep Jor El or sell him. I really don't keep those special minifigs I get when they have offers like that...always more fun to sell them and buy MOAR LEGO.

I bet you wish it was boy on boy jet skiing don't you? =P
I rather just have guy on guy, the jet skiing is not needed.

I built the 9449 NinjaGo Sonic Raider set. It's shit. :lol: The tank part is a cool start, but the flying thing that come off is really poorly done. $26 great for parts and minifigures, but otherwise it's rather "ehh" and should have been a lot better for $80.

I'm hoping Series 10 sticks around my area for another month or so. I'm getting a big paycheck on Friday, but that's pretty much going towards shelving, Animal Crossing, and Father's Day. I want to go searching for a complete set of Series 10 with my next check in a couple of weeks.

I have the MF Castle, and the Ghost Train, I just haven't built them yet.

I'm hoping Series 10 sticks around my area for another month or so. I'm getting a big paycheck on Friday, but that's pretty much going towards shelving, Animal Crossing, and Father's Day. I want to go searching for a complete set of Series 10 with my next check in a couple of weeks.
Series 11 shouldn't be out until August at the easiest, officially probably around Labour Day.

Please kill me.  I'd be happier dead than read any more of this "news".

Instead of having actual news like how GMOs kill pigs in study, or the fact that Obama is just as evil, if not more so than Bush and Nixon and the Bill of Rights gets thrown in the toilet, or that 100 of the world's richest are in a hotel having meetings NBC News wants to report on LEGO minifigures are grumpy!

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/11/18904238-do-legos-need-anger-management-figurines-grumpier-than-ever-study-says?lite

Series 11 shouldn't be out until August at the easiest, officially probably around Labour Day.
According to toysnbricks, Series 11 will be available in September of this year. Sounds about right. That should give anyone time to collect the remaining Series 10 as well.

Source: http://toysnbricks.com/first-pictures-lego-series-11-minifigures/

Ordered my dad's Father's Day Gift this morning, got him the Technic Pick-up Tow Truck. Threw a couple Series 10 figures on it to hit the $75 threshold.

I got a 10% off coupon from the Lego catalog the other day, along with a $5 reward for VIP points... Would make the X-Wing about $175 if I could stack them, and it's tempting, or the Haunted House would be about $156. I'm also only 13 points away from another $5 reward I think.

Anyone spot any new clearance on toys at Target yet? The summer clearance should be starting this week.
No. I have been in Target a lot lately, and I haven't seen anything except for the blue roadster cars, and those were weeks ago.

I have been checking for clearance and it's just not there yet. They have put the following things on clearance: wine (yay!), hard liquor (double yay!) salsa, cookies, chocolate (the chocolate with wasabi is disgusting), peanut brittle (really good!), duct tape (patterned), and decor.

AWD had a crapload of stuff today. The Lone Ranger train was $75, but it's gone now. There's still a Rancor Pit for $41, a Hobbit Unexpected Gathering for $48 and the Fire Brigade and Town Hall for unspectacular, but discounted prices.

Came here to post about some great deals on Amazon Warehouse Deals but I see blandstalker beat me to it. I managed to pick up the Lego City Museum Break-In for $44, but there's also an Avengers Quinjet for $48, Police Forest Station for $50, The Mine for $67, and Town Hall for $172.

The forest station has been around $50 a few times.  If it had a garage door I'd buy it.

The quinjet is an awesome price, that set is so much fun.

So tempted by The Hobbit Gathering set but I need to save money for my trip, and to hopefully move to Lexington MA in a month where the rent is so fucking high and I won't have a job.  :lol:

TRU has Lego City Fire Plane on sale for $20 which is about 66% off normal regular price.  There were none in stock in my area but was showing available online so I took my chances at Target.

I had no interest in the set but the price was too good to pass up.  Just like when Wal-Mart had the mine set for $40 bucks some months back.  I was able to score one.

On a side note:  It's been 6 months since Target made it official policy to price match online items.  Why do I have to train their own employees on their company's policy?  This was the third time I tried to price match something and was looked at like I was a crazy person. I now have Target's terms and conditions bookmarked on my phone for just these occasions.

Target cares more about getting their grocery stores added to the stores than training people in basic info.  At Lowes no one ever told me anything, I wouldn't even know what's on sale because we wouldn't get in the "weekly" (They are actually only good for 5 days, and not Tuesday and Wednesday) ads in and the costumers thought I was stupid, a few times we asked to photocopy the ad.

Target wants you in the door, they don't care about their ads or anything else.

Opera House....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92090133@N04/with/9042209863/

3,000ish pieces!

And Cussoo took 9 fucking months to tell us a Maybe for a Portal set and a yes to the Mars rover set.

Cuusoo is really working out well!   :lol:

After my son and I saw Iron Man 3, I had no interest in getting the sets. 

Took the kids to see Man of Steel last night, and now I have no desire to get these sets.

So before The Lone Ranger movie sucks, I got the train set today.

Took the kids to see Man of Steel last night, and now I have no desire to get these sets.

The Lone Ranger theme is too good of a western theme to be ruined by the likely terrible movie. Or at least that is how I feel. Personally I hope it is a terrible movie and totally bombs so they go on clearance sooner rather than later

What was the figure that Wombat was talking about (not sure if it was CAGCast or UnOp) that his child wanted badly until they saw Iron Man 3 and then suddenly had no interest in wanting it due to something that happens with that character in the movie? Who was he referring to and what happens? I asked someone who saw the movie, and they couldn't figure it out based on the vague spoiler-free description. Spoilers welcome.

TRU has Lego City Fire Plane on sale for $20 which is about 66% off normal regular price. There were none in stock in my area but was showing available online so I took my chances at Target.

I had no interest in the set but the price was too good to pass up. Just like when Wal-Mart had the mine set for $40 bucks some months back. I was able to score one.
How long is this sale going to last? I have been semi interested at the set, and almost pulled the trigger at 40. At 20, I can't pass the dang thing up!

This made me laugh so hard I cried. Literally.

bread's done
Back