LEGO Deals 3

Last week the the Target by my house had 4 Quinjets for $59.99; this week 3 for $49.99. Can I expect the clearance price to drop each week or is it staggered? Would really like to get one for $39.99. Also what day ago do the prices drop?
That's a very odd clearance cycle for Target. It's usually 15%, 30%, 50%, 70%.

AWD also had a LN batcave for 50.72. I didn't post it because I bought it.  :bouncy: I haven't seen too many discounts on that set in the last couple of months. 

They also have the train station for 48.69. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003A2JCOA/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Personally I would prefer to buy the train station from lego.com because they already give you 5% back by being a VIP member and I get 2.5% cashback with fatwallet. That combined with whatever their exclusive is that month, I would only buy the AWD one if it were less than 45. 

Last edited by a moderator:
AWD also had a LN batcave for 50.72. I didn't post it because I bought it. :bouncy: I haven't seen too many discounts on that set in the last couple of months.
They had 3 of them for that price right before Comicon. I am kicking myself for passing that up, as the price of that set varies wildly. Most of the time, it's overpriced on AWD because it's not on sale at Amazon.

Went to some new Targets.

Found the Lone Ranger Comanche Camp for 13.98 at one. Bought that. One of the few unmarked sets.

There were some other Creator sets on clearance -- the orange and white helicopter, for instance.

Saw the City Bank Heist set on clearance at two Targets, for round about $50.

Saw the Vampyre Castle on clearance at two Targets -- one for $87 and one for $78.

Daily Bugle and Attack of the Wargs were on clearance and sold out at two Targets. These two go fast.

Finally, at a Target close to home (I was there Monday), they just put on clearance the Wolverine/Magneto/Deadpool set for $13.98.

Went to a couple of Best Buys, too. The first had 3 Minotaurus sets, marked at 11.98. I picked up one to check it out and see if I could use it. The next BB had 5 of them, so I got a few more. I want to see what I can build with a few of these. This BB had it marked at $30, but it rang up at 11.98.

Target has some random clearance.  Noticed a few HOBBIT sets 30% off.  Some of the CREATOR sets also.  I think I saw the Kamino Lego planet for 30% off too. 

I ended up getting a Halo Mega Bloks set for $6 (normally $22).  They had the KISS and Beatles figures for 50% off

They had 3 of them for that price right before Comicon. I am kicking myself for passing that up, as the price of that set varies wildly. Most of the time, it's overpriced on AWD because it's not on sale at Amazon.

Went to some new Targets.

Found the Lone Ranger Comanche Camp for 13.98 at one. Bought that. One of the few unmarked sets.

There were some other Creator sets on clearance -- the orange and white helicopter, for instance.

Saw the City Bank Heist set on clearance at two Targets, for round about $50.

Saw the Vampyre Castle on clearance at two Targets -- one for $87 and one for $78.

Daily Bugle and Attack of the Wargs were on clearance and sold out at two Targets. These two go fast.

Finally, at a Target close to home (I was there Monday), they just put on clearance the Wolverine/Magneto/Deadpool set for $13.98.

Went to a couple of Best Buys, too. The first had 3 Minotaurus sets, marked at 11.98. I picked up one to check it out and see if I could use it. The next BB had 5 of them, so I got a few more. I want to see what I can build with a few of these. This BB had it marked at $30, but it rang up at 11.98.
City Bank Heist? You mean the museum heist? The bank was clearanced out of all targets at the end of last year. This year's toy clearance at target has been awful. Nothing has dropped past 30% except a couple of sets, and it was supposed to be the big drop today and tomorrow, at least that's how it's been every other year.

City Bank Heist? You mean the museum heist? The bank was clearanced out of all targets at the end of last year. This year's toy clearance at target has been awful. Nothing has dropped past 30% except a couple of sets, and it was supposed to be the big drop today and tomorrow, at least that's how it's been every other year.
Yes, the Museum Heist. Thanks for catching that. Drops have been slow, and new sets keep getting added. Some items have gone to 50%, but most Legos have not. Some stores have a boatload of stuff on clearance, and virtually no Legos on clearance! It's kind of frustrating.

The catalogs have 10% off coupons on the back of every one.
Some people, especially on toysnbricks, have reported getting catalogs without coupons, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I haven't been mailed a catalog since March. I definitely used the coupon then, and have been awaiting another.

Yes, the Museum Heist. Thanks for catching that. Drops have been slow, and new sets keep getting added. Some items have gone to 50%, but most Legos have not. Some stores have a boatload of stuff on clearance, and virtually no Legos on clearance! It's kind of frustrating.
Yup, and even worse is that soccer moms and other assorted idiots are buying them up at only 30% off and even at a paltry 15% off. Next to no chance of them hitting 50% let alone 70% off. Hopefully the sets won't drop out of the system though so that there may be return rebuy opportunities

Local TRU had the new summer SW sets out...marked up too .  Jabba's Sailbarge cost as much as Helm's Deep, $139.99,  with nearly half the pieces.  :dunce:

Local TRU had the new summer SW sets out...marked up too . Jabba's Sailbarge cost as much as Helm's Deep, $139.99, with nearly half the pieces. :dunce:
Too be fair that's more of LEGO screwing you than TRU. It's a $120 set that has nearly half the pieces as a $130 set.

And about the catalogs, I haven't gotten one in awhile but the closet LEGO store to me is two hours probably with Boston traffic.

IMO the LEGO BTTF set looks superior to the original design ... looks more Delorean like to me. Will probably grab it on August 1st.

9169577568_611c965d57_c.jpg

I think the only part of the original I like more is the solid hood piece, other than that I think the released version is better.

I ended up getting the Lego Monster Werewolf one for $10 at TARGET.  50% off was a decent deal.  Not much else.  I think I saw the Hobbit Spider one for 50% off....$15

I ended up getting the Lego Monster Werewolf one for $10 at TARGET. 50% off was a decent deal. Not much else. I think I saw the Hobbit Spider one for 50% off....$15
argh, I've been waiting for those to hit 50%... I think this Thursday will be 5 weeks they've been on clearance... The spider one took about 4 weeks just to drop from 15% to 30%...

I don't think either one really looks like a Delorean.  If you squint enough, the released one is a little bit more like the shape, but once you stop squinting, it's just ugly.  Nothing is going to make that awful stair-stepped hood look any better short of replacing those pieces.

I'm guessing they changed the frame to angle in a bit more to more closely represent the shape of the Delorean, which tapers inward slightly.  That makes the released version less boxy and more rounded, but it's also not attractive to my eyes.  The original design is a little boxier, but the released one just looks wrong.  The original model looks like a good attempt at making an accurate model that is a little chunkier than the movie image.  The released version looks like too many compromises had to be made for the approximation.

Also, notice the original design has the black racing stripe in the right place for the length of the car.  And the wheel rims are closer.  And the details in the back are more accurate on the original version, like the yellow.  And, while I'm not in love with all the white stripe accents, they are supposed to represent something in the original movie image.  Which is the whole point.

Yes, plenty of people here have.  They are reliable and they have incredibly fast shipping.  They're a subsidiary of Amazon.

However, their best deals are for new customers.  So, if you're going to blow your new customer discount, make it good.  I wish they were a little better about deals for existing customers.

Just keep making new accounts, there are ways around it.

Yoyo.com is great, no tax, free shipping over $35 over pre discounts.  Plus you get yourself next day or 2 days.

Just keep making new accounts, there are ways around it.

Yoyo.com is great, no tax, free shipping over $35 over pre discounts. Plus you get yourself next day or 2 days.
Just make a new account and pay with PayPal, that is the way around it. I do this to get the $10 discount off on there affiliate site. >_<

Who needs white bricks?
My oldest son and I went to the Barnes & Noble "Launch Party" for this set. It's a pretty hefty box with a decent assortment of pieces (note that some of them are clear 1x1s and windows, not 100% white). I didn't feel the need to buy one on the spot at the $150 MSRP, but we got to use the contents to build on a 16x16 plate.

It looks like it's geared towards people who like the Architecture sets, but want to get back to the 'box of creativity' nostalgia of the sets of their youth.

We may or may not have been informed by the person running the event that the pieces were not going to be counted before being sent back, so if completed projects went to a different location instead, they had no way of determining that fact.

Visited two Targets today.

The first had no new items on clearance, no drops.  There was a clearance sticker over the Gungan Sub shelftag, but I scanned it and it was MSRP, despite no subs on the shelf.

Target #2 had no new items, no drops, and very little Lego on clearance.

I'm beginning to think I've already gotten the best out of this clearance that I'm gonna get.

Hey all. 

A thread popped up Amazon having a $10 store credit for pre-ordering Marvel Super Heroes game.

Game Informer reported other options.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/04/30/warner-reveals-lego-marvel-preorder-bonuses-cg-trailer.aspx

Wal-Mart's 'exclusive' Iron Patriot seems like the best option for physical bonus, but it is typically a pack in for everyone not just preorders, right?

I can't find where else you would get an Iron Patriot fig, whereas you can get gamestop's keychain everywhere.

No, the Iron Patriot is a preorder bonus through Wal Mart only. Its a separate polybag and not an add in. All the exclysive preorder bonuses for Lego games have been through GS before, this change is a little depressing.

Visited two Targets today.

The first had no new items on clearance, no drops. There was a clearance sticker over the Gungan Sub shelftag, but I scanned it and it was MSRP, despite no subs on the shelf.

Target #2 had no new items, no drops, and very little Lego on clearance.

I'm beginning to think I've already gotten the best out of this clearance that I'm gonna get.
My store had the sub for 30% off.

No, the Iron Patriot is a preorder bonus through Wal Mart only. Its a separate polybag and not an add in. All the exclysive preorder bonuses for Lego games have been through GS before, this change is a little depressing.
I agree. While I have ps3 game preordered at walmart, I am a little concerned if I will even get the iron patriot minifig. I don't know how walmart does things.

I have the gamestop preorder for the vita version for the keychain as well.

[SIZE=12pt]Picked up the grand emporium last night. Gonna put it together this weekend. Will look nice connected to the palace theater and pet shop[/SIZE]

From Toysnbricks....

On Thursday, August 1st at 5pm, you can build a free LEGO Friends Jewelry Box at your local LEGO Brand Store! Event  is open only for children (6-14). Models are not for sale and are only while supplies last..

Go check the site out for a picture, it's a neat little set.

^

I was going to go do that tomorrow with my daughter but we just did the grill yesterday and I hate driving back from my local lego store. The 30 minute drive takes an hour+ to get home due to rush hour... I imagine even less people will be at that event since it's geared towards girls. The grill event hardly had anyone there when compared to the normal first Tuesday build.

^

I was going to go do that tomorrow with my daughter but we just did the grill yesterday and I hate driving back from my local lego store. The 30 minute drive takes an hour+ to get home due to rush hour... I imagine even less people will be at that event since it's geared towards girls. The grill event hardly had anyone there when compared to the normal first Tuesday build.
The grill event was pretty busy at my Leog store yesterday. Not as full as the normal monthly build but still a good crowd. My wife is taking our nieces to the Friends build tomorrow. I think my wife is more excited for it than our nieces.

Was it on sale somewhere?
Nope. Got the pet shop last month then my wife decided we should get the emporium too so we picked it up since it was payday and we were at the store for the grill mini build.

For the grill event, I could have gotten to my store at 4:30 and been out of there by 5:10... For the crab event, I got there at around 4:30 and my daughter had to wait till 6PM just to do the event lol

When my daughter and I left the store after buying some crap at around 5:10 yesterday, there was no one in line....

Did anyone actually get instructions from the grill event?

edit: The lego site has the august mini build instructions posted but it's for a shark and not the flamingo... Ah, they accidentally posted the 2012 august build.

Hmm, I have $30 in VIP points so I'm debating whether I should get the BttF set.  There's nothing else I really want right now, and if this turns out to be really limited, then I will miss out.  I'm not too fond of the DeLorean, but at $5 out of pocket, I would be very happy with it.

bread's done
Back