LEGO Deals 3

My closest target is never going to freaking mark down their legos...

The lego sets haven't been marked down in weeks...

Last edited by a moderator:
Eurobricks has a review of the next series of minifigures.

The island warrior, german woman, grandma, diner woman, jazz guy and scarecrow are only two in a box.  Pisses me off because I like the scarecrow and the islander, and the box has 6 yetis and 6 welders.  People will want the islanders, I'd like a few, that should have been a 6 in a box guy.  Who needs more than one yeti or welder?

If you have a Lego store near you just head down there to get the Delorean. When I was there on Tuesday they had it along with the new Minecraft sets and SW sets.

Local Target here also dropped almost everything to 70% off today.  Was just creator and monster fighters that dropped only to 50% off.  In the system anyways.  Nothing other than Galaxy Squad still on the shelves. 

If you have a Lego store near you just head down there to get the Delorean. When I was there on Tuesday they had it along with the new Minecraft sets and SW sets.

Really? It was sold out at the closest Lego stores here, the same morning they put them out. Maybe they're getting more stock?

No shipping cost if you order at the Lego store, no.

[SIZE=medium]So I head to TRU at lunch looking for MP Soundwave. I know its not likely they’ll have him but I have nothing better to do on my break so I head down there anyways. I was just at the store last weekend but the first thing I notice was that the front of the store has been reconfigured and rearranged. Not like they swap the front of the store for whatever is current movies or toy wise but just generally altered. Lego section is where it has always been but reconfigured. Walked by the little CMF box and notice one series four pack amongst all the gold series 10. The package is scuffed to hell and I have a complete set of series four but I pick it up anyways because, who knows, just doesn’t happen everyday. Turns out it’s a Frankenstein, scanned $3.49. Up for trade if anyone needs it. I continue to scour the Lego section to see if any other odds and ends turned up, maybe something is marked clearance now. They have had a Whitecap bay there forever that refuses to be marked down so I was looking for that  (didn’t find it) and whatever else and on an end cap, all by its lonesome I see a box just beat to hell and it turns out to be – 4841 Hogwarts Express! Due to the store remodel none of the scanners are working but as I check out it comes up full TRU price - $109.99, which is the only lame part of the story. But I was just telling my wife last weekend how I wish I had picked it up when it was originally released and ebay prices aren’t too crazy but not what I wanted to spend right now. Turns out I paid about the price you would pay for an opened set. I realize this was long winded story but I was just excited. Always hear about other people having luck like this (cheaper price would’ve been even luckier) but I am overall pretty psyched with this early birthday present to myself![/SIZE]

No shipping cost if you order at the Lego store, no.

[SIZE=medium]So I head to TRU at lunch looking for MP Soundwave. I know its not likely they’ll have him but I have nothing better to do on my break so I head down there anyways. I was just at the store last weekend but the first thing I notice was that the front of the store has been reconfigured and rearranged. Not like they swap the front of the store for whatever is current movies or toy wise but just generally altered. Lego section is where it has always been but reconfigured. Walked by the little CMF box and notice one series four pack amongst all the gold series 10. The package is scuffed to hell and I have a complete set of series four but I pick it up anyways because, who knows, just doesn’t happen everyday. Turns out it’s a Frankenstein, scanned $3.49. Up for trade if anyone needs it. I continue to scour the Lego section to see if any other odds and ends turned up, maybe something is marked clearance now. They have had a Whitecap bay there forever that refuses to be marked down so I was looking for that (didn’t find it) and whatever else and on an end cap, all by its lonesome I see a box just beat to hell and it turns out to be – 4841 Hogwarts Express! Due to the store remodel none of the scanners are working but as I check out it comes up full TRU price - $109.99, which is the only lame part of the story. But I was just telling my wife last weekend how I wish I had picked it up when it was originally released and ebay prices aren’t too crazy but not what I wanted to spend right now. Turns out I paid about the price you would pay for an opened set. I realize this was long winded story but I was just excited. Always hear about other people having luck like this (cheaper price would’ve been even luckier) but I am overall pretty psyched with this early birthday present to myself![/SIZE]
I wish I would have picked up the $35 Hogwarts express I found too, I do have a nice minty one though.

I wasn't going to stop at Target today, but they were on the way to the grocery store.

They added the Lone Ranger Mine to clearance at $53. It also looks like they recently marked down the existing clearance because none of the Forest Police Stations were left.

In the clearance aisle, I found a Spongebob Flying Dutchman for $12.98 and back in the main aisle, there was a single Vermin Vaporizer without a clearance tag. All the price scanners in the store were down.

I brought it to checkout and it was $17.98. Sold!

The target closest to my house started the forest police station off at 50% off last week so your store probably did the samething

Damn. Wish I had a Lego store nearby. No sign of the new Minecraft sets on lego.com or amazon.

Damn. Wish I had a Lego store nearby. No sign of the new Minecraft sets on lego.com or amazon.
I took my daughter to the event, when I spoke to one of the employees today they told me they haven't received the shipment. They said possibly Monday but I don't want to drive all the way there to get it. I tried to order online from the store but they said it was sold out, I just checked right now and it's in stock. Was it ever OOS? Nevermind...

Been busy loading up on clearance deals at Target. Return/rebuy has really paid off. With the glut of Targets around me, many of which have large supplies of various sets at MSRP or a paltry 15 or 30% off which are OOS at other locales but for 70% off in the system, this form of arbitrage has worked very well.

Nothing like getting wolvie choppers ($5.98) LR troops ($3.98) Comanche camps ($5.98) and trains ($29.98) Bat/Tumblers ($11.98) Daily Bugles ($14.98) and LOTR sets 70% off.

Still haven't found a hulk helicarrier breakout, ghost train, LOTR/hobbit shire unexpected gathering, black gate, or pirate ship on clearance at all though, unfortunately. Haven't seen the LR mine, town, or stagecoach on clearance at any target either.

Wow, you are lucky they let you do the return and rebuy. I am also surprised any of those sets lasted until the 70% drop.

It is not return fraud, it is sort of a violation of store policy. Return fraud is a legal matter, what he does is something that is purely a store policy issue. And changing payment methods is within store policy and is how he gets it to work. It is ingenious, and ballsy, though the only risk is getting banned from the store.

What is and is not return fraud is a grey area.  I consider it fraud, but it's not to the leavel of buying something, making a new sticker with a higher price poitn and returning it, bu it's still return fraud.

From wiki....

Return fraud is the act of somehow defrauding a retail establishment via the return process. There are various ways in which this crime is committed. For example, the offender may return stolen merchandise to secure cash, or steal receipts and/or receipt tape to enable a falsified return. Return abuse is a form of “friendly fraud” where someone purchases products without intending to keep them. Perhaps the most well-known form of this abuse is “wardrobing” or “renting” – in which the person makes a purchase, uses the product(s), and then returns the merchandise.

My target has mias bedroom and Olivias speedboat for $2.96. They weren't tagged. I am thinking it is a price drop since it doesn't end with an 8 and they are being retired.

I went to the 3 closest Targets this morning at 8:30, nothing at the closest, at the second I found LOTR Mines of Moira, Creator Highway Pickup, Quinjet, small Police ATV, Uru Kai army, Hobbit preview set and the Vampire Castle which I really wanted all at 50% off. Filled up a cart and left feeling happy. At the last Target I went to, I found the Werewolf Monsters set for 9.99 and a Galaxy Squad Bug Obliterator for 70% off (23.99) and picked up some small Mega Bloks sets at 70% off.

He always does it, every clearance cycle. It annoys the shit out of me, because it's still return fraud.
I know it's against their policy, they aren't supposed to do that. If you want you can always notify Target Corporate and notify them of an individual in the Greater Los Angeles area is doing that, you can accompany that with his post if you really feel like it.

I found it funny the other day when he was bitching about people buying sets at 15% and 30%, if you didn't know, now you know why.

I hit up a Target that I had seen a couple Avengers Quinjets last week at for 30% with the hope they had dropped to 50%. They had dropped and there was only one left but apparently something had been spilled on the shelf because it was slacked on the bottom of the box. Still for 50% off plus my employee and red card discounts is hard to pass up.

Even harder to pass up we're the 2 bigger Galaxy Squad sets that had dropped to 70% off, Bug Obliterator was $23.98 and Vermin Vaporizer (the one that comes with the mech) was $17.98. I had no intention of getting any Galaxy Squad sets but I always find it hard to pass up any theme/set at 70% off.

I ended up spending about $70 for all 3 sets after discounts and tax. Hard to justify it when I won't have a job soon but I'm thinking I can replenish it with birthday money soon.

Wow, you guys are rough on karyco. Always been a good member of our forum, let's us know about price drops he sees, I could not care less about how he gets his deals, and infact he has detailed how he goes about in an effort to help us get deals. Being in a small town with just one Target it does not help me, but I am surprised at the backlash. Store policies are for the store to enforce, not the customer.

Wow, you guys are rough on karyco. Always been a good member of our forum, let's us know about price drops he sees, I could not care less about how he gets his deals, and infact he has detailed how he goes about in an effort to help us get deals. Being in a small town with just one Target it does not help me, but I am surprised at the backlash. Store policies are for the store to enforce, not the customer.
It's the stores fault for not backing their policy but knowing that too is partial for fault. It's not illegal, just not ethical.

I wouldn't care, but being the only one that can do this, and bragging about it every time is just not nice. I appreciate the drops or the start of a clearance and the notification, but I want to get Lego sets at 90% and I can't because I have stores that give-a-fuck... Honestly I just wanted to trade my purchase to my red card and they wouldn't let me. 5% savings... denied.

Yeah jealousy and all....

I think that we should be a little careful when throwing stones on CAG.  There have been many deals and opportunities that all of us have sought that weren't exactly what the retailer intended.  What karkyco is doing is not return fraud as he is keeping the items he purchases, just not at the price that certain Targets were selling them at.  It is not illegal. 

Is it ethical?  FWIW, I don't do it.  But how many people here have worked exploits, stacked deals that the retailer never intended to be stackable, or exploited some rule or loophole to create some crazy deal?

People do things like this because they work.  I think most of us have operated on the principle that if it's a problem for the retailer, they'll cancel the order or fix the situation.  karkyko may be abusing the system, but his Targets are letting him.  Is it all that different from using Yoyo's so-called new customer discount over and over again?  That one's against their policy, but people continue to do it because it still works.

On topic: I picked up the SpongeBob Flying Dutchman set at Target for $12.98.  It's ridiculously worth that.  You get 3 great minifigures, a clever island/dock, and a nifty little ship.  It was a nice build, too.

What has happened to AWD? Prices fluctuate several times over the course of the day, stock seems to constantly added instead of the one or two big restocks a day. Makes it hard to get deals. I did notice someone got a Kreo Starscream set for about $3 earlier today. Not a great set, but the figures alone are easily worth that.

On topic: I picked up the SpongeBob Flying Dutchman set at Target for $12.98. It's ridiculously worth that. You get 3 great minifigures, a clever island/dock, and a nifty little ship. It was a nice build, too.
I actually like the little island part, it really does come together pretty well. The ship could have been a bit bigger but they kept these Spongebob sets small.

Playa haterz ball up in here lol. I hoping to find some lotr sets. My local target had some on clearance but it was so small. The uruk hai set was 25 instead of 30. Too small of discount to really care. Anyone find helms deep on clearance? I been holding out for that set since last year >< Ebay has em consistantly going for 90-110 so I hope to beat that.

I went to my local Target and all they had was some Hobbit set and something else on clearance. The Wolverine sets were still 19.99. Im going to check another target today, hopefully they will have something.

Im guessing any clearance items will have the stickers on them right? There is no chance to check the price on those scanners in the shelf and find one without a sticker?

I went to my local Target and all they had was some Hobbit set and something else on clearance. The Wolverine sets were still 19.99. Im going to check another target today, hopefully they will have something.

Im guessing any clearance items will have the stickers on them right? There is no chance to check the price on those scanners in the shelf and find one without a sticker?
Actually, you should scan everything. That's why we post what we find here...to give others a "heads up" on what to keep an eye out for.

The LEGO Company is awesome.

One of the printed pieces in the V8 Cafe set was warped.  I forgot to tell them when I bought the set months ago.  So I went to get it replaced two weeks ago and it said it was no longer available.  Got an email saying it was on it's way and it showed up today.

Actually, you should scan everything. That's why we post what we find here...to give others a "heads up" on what to keep an eye out for.
Oh ok, thanks for the advice. I did scan the wolverine set and the scanner showed 19.99. So i didnt scan anything after that. Im kind of new to buying legos, but not when it comes to looking for deals! :D

I don't know if I would scan everything.

I'd take a look through this thread and see things that have been on clearance.  If you are interested in one of them, scan it.  If something seems out of place or put back in the wrong place, scan it.  If it no longer has a shelf tag, scan it.

The reason I say this is that some Targets really haven't put a lot on clearance, so scanning lots of things will just be a waste of time.  I've scanned Helicarriers at too many stores, and it was only on clearance at the one (where it was sold out).

That said, I've picked up at least three things that didn't have clearance stickers and scanned with clearance prices anyways.  Sometimes the employees miss them or don't tag them all.  Sometimes they get returns during clearance that go back on the shelf.

Just for kicks (and to see if I can remember) here's everything I've seen during this clearance:

GS Vermin Vaporizer

GS Bug Obliterator

SH Quinjet

SH Helicarrier (but only at one)

SH Wolverine's Chopper Showdown

SH Catwoman Catcycle

SH Superman Black Zero

SH Batman Tumbler Chase

SH Daily Bugle

TMNT Shellraiser Street Chase

LR Colby City Showdown

LR Mine

LR Constitution Train Chase

LR Comanche Camp

City Forest Police Station

City Police Museum Break-in

City Fire Emergency

Creator Transport Chopper

Creator Highway Pickup

Creator Small House

SpongeBob Glove World

SpongeBob Flying Dutchman

SpongeBob Heroic Heroes

LotR Mirkwood Spiders

LotR Attack of the Wargs

LotR Mines of Moria

MH Vampyre Castle

MH Hearse

MH The Werewolf

SW Planet Jedi Starfighter

SW Z-95 Headhunter

plus some of the smaller City/Creator sets

I noticed some clearance at a Wal-Mart today. Nothing exciting compared with latest Target stuff, but since I slept through those drops ... Mostly 30% off range. I picked up Urak-Hai Army for $21 and Droid Escape for $13. Goblin King set was $59 I think but sold out. Elves with spider set was $21. The old SW batllepacks were $9. Desert Skiff was $17. Sponge Bob sets also were marked down. That's what I can remember. YMMV obviously since it's Wal-Mart. (This store still has Monster Hunter train for $80 even though nearby stores clearanced it in the winter)

I went to another Target today and found the Captain America set with the motorcycle and 2 bad guys. Got it for 6.47 after my Redcard took 5% off. All the other super hero sets i checked were regular price. But i was happy to find that, he is hard to find anywhere.

The LEGO Company is awesome.

One of the printed pieces in the V8 Cafe set was warped. I forgot to tell them when I bought the set months ago. So I went to get it replaced two weeks ago and it said it was no longer available. Got an email saying it was on it's way and it showed up today.
A while ago I had a piece that was damaged. They shipped the thing overseas direct from one of their manufacturering plants for me, it had the customs label on it and everything. I was pretty impressed that they went that extra mile rather than just telling me it wasn't available.

I'm in the middle of packing everything up for my move on Monday. Thanks to you guys for the tips. I am shrink wrapping some of my display sets to make it easier. Here's a pic:
ahy5y9yv.jpg

A while ago I had a piece that was damaged. They shipped the thing overseas direct from one of their manufacturering plants for me, it had the customs label on it and everything. I was pretty impressed that they went that extra mile rather than just telling me it wasn't available.
I did the same thing, but when I ordered the piece it said it was no longer around. Guess they still had a few but not enough to list it online.

I'm in the middle of packing everything up for my move on Monday. Thanks to you guys for the tips. I am shrink wrapping some of my display sets to make it easier. Here's a pic:
I can give you directions to my family's house, it's right off the Mass Pike. ;)

The September free give-a-way from LEGO is awesome.

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=7263

Saw 30% off a lot of sets at Walmart tonight.  Isn't somebody here looking for a cheap X-wing?  It was marked down to $40.  Also surprised to see The Unexpected Gathering for $50...so much for my Target find.

Has anybody seen Walmart prices go straight to 50% off?

Saw 30% off a lot of sets at Walmart tonight. Isn't somebody here looking for a cheap X-wing? It was marked down to $40. Also surprised to see The Unexpected Gathering for $50...so much for my Target find.

Has anybody seen Walmart prices go straight to 50% off?
Unexpected gathering has been $55 on amazon.com/walmart.com for awhile. My local walmarts are terrible at marking down clearance. One wow mega blok set has been on clearance for the same price for at least 3 months.

My Wal-Mart had the Friends series Stephanie's Cool Convertible on clearance.  SRP is $14.99, I got it for $11.  Not bad since it was just retired and not anywhere else around here.

bread's done
Back