LEGO Deals 3

Heh, wave 12 is...interesting.

Zombie prostitute was an interesting design choice, Lego!

Norman Osborne rules Octan?

Mexican Cheese Merchant?  He knows what's in that cheese, but he's not telling! *wink*

Joking aside, some cool new stuff in there.

If you don't have the mothership do yourself a favor and pick it up.  The thing is massive and comes with two great mini figures.

There are 2014 pictures everywhere, ToysNBricks have a few of the movie sets, they look fun and interesting.

Heh, wave 12 is...interesting.

Zombie prostitute was an interesting design choice, Lego!
I think she, and the other two grey face/red eye characters are robots, much to my disappointment. I need more variety in the zombie characters to properly realize my dream of a lego zombie apocalypse MOC.

Ahhh, I see it now. Though robot prostitute raises just as many questions ;)

I do really like some of the new parts and expressions in this wave, despite all the crazy going on.

I think she, and the other two grey face/red eye characters are robots, much to my disappointment. I need more variety in the zombie characters to properly realize my dream of a lego zombie apocalypse MOC.

We have seen three sets.  Only one is crazy to me, cat's cloud castle, the big overpriced lab seems like Agents and then there is the cool motorcycle and robot jeep set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked 3 targets today, ended up with 10 of the witch set from one store, one witch and 5 star wars from another and nothing from the last target. Witch set was 1.49 and star wars was 1.19 (both 70% off). Last year I waited for 90% and only ended up with one bag from one store. Not sure what to do with all the pieces yet but happy I got 1000+ pieces for under $23. 

Anybody visit a lego store this month yet and see what the free holiday pick a brick box with $75+ purchase is like? http://stores.lego.com/en-us?ignorereferer=true

I am wondering how big it actually is. I am considering going the day after black friday to get that and the second holiday exclusive set but if its not very big I wont waste my time or gas. Lego store is about an hour and 15 minute drive from my place. I will also check for the springtime scene though I doubt they will have any left. 

I also stopped by a TRU with a couple of the $10 groupons I purchased for $6. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/321608-25-in-toys-r-us-gift-cards-for-1250-50-off-2-groupon-deals/ They go great with the 2 for $5 minifig deal this week. I essentially got 8 new minifigs for $12 or $1.25 a piece. The groupon is dead but for anyone that got it on it and wants to stock up on elves and gingerbread men, this is probably the best deal you will find. 

Yeah, it's pretty much the same size as the cup, but it's square so you can fit a lot more parts.

4282499714_4bf1779382_z.jpg

Thanks for the replys. I am assuming that block is hollow and you fit all those other pieces inside of it and it all fit in the box? If so I will definitely have to take the trip. Only hope they dont run out of boxes and/or all the good pieces before I get there. 

No the box is shaped as a house. So you can make a huge brick and then shove pieces in the "roof" of the box. It's a great deal. I did it only once years ago and got a ton of 2x2 dark red bricks.

Thanks for the replys. I am assuming that block is hollow and you fit all those other pieces inside of it and it all fit in the box? If so I will definitely have to take the trip. Only hope they dont run out of boxes and/or all the good pieces before I get there.
Like The Green Giant said, that's a solid block. I was able to fit the rest around the sides and top.

You can't fill up the box the same time you get it.  You get the box now and fill it up in January, Feb, March.  So if the pieces suck one day go back the next month.

Thanks for that info. That is a pretty good idea on their part. The wall will be less crowded if everyone goes back at a different time. Is it likely they run out of boxes before the promo ends? (sorry for all the questions, this will be my first BF with lego and want to prepare myself before BF weekend hits)

Also, what is the best lego forum? I just joined brickpicker as that seems pretty active. Any other ones I should be looking at?

Thanks for that info. That is a pretty good idea on their part. The wall will be less crowded if everyone goes back at a different time. Is it likely they run out of boxes before the promo ends? (sorry for all the questions, this will be my first BF with lego and want to prepare myself before BF weekend hits)

Also, what is the best lego forum? I just joined brickpicker as that seems pretty active. Any other ones I should be looking at?

As long as you love to kiss LEGO's ass no matter what there is Eurobricks. ToysNBricks is a fun website that lists all the sales and has a forum.

Brickset has something they call a forum, no one uses it, it's horrible. It looks like a forum from 1995.

The box is a good idea because it gets people who spent enough to come back into the store in the slower months. I have never heard of LEGO running out of boxes. Unlike the promo sets a box is really easy to make, and not that big of a deal if you make too many.

Just picked up a Coast Guard Patrol set on AWD for 42.xx. Close enough to half price to get it. Currently on Amazon for 51.99, which seems a decent deal. Love the boats that actually float, though the $80 msrp seems pretty steep.

As long as you love to kiss LEGO's ass no matter what there is Eurobricks. ToysNBricks is a fun website that lists all the sales and has a forum.

Brickset has something they call a forum, no one uses it, it's horrible. It looks like a forum from 1995.

The box is a good idea because it gets people who spent enough to come back into the store in the slower months. I have never heard of LEGO running out of boxes. Unlike the promo sets a box is really easy to make, and not that big of a deal if you make too many.
I also go to fbtb.net (star wars oriented) and classic-castle.com (castle, obviously).

Just picked up a Coast Guard Patrol set on AWD for 42.xx. Close enough to half price to get it. Currently on Amazon for 51.99, which seems a decent deal. Love the boats that actually float, though the $80 msrp seems pretty steep.
Damn. I was looking for that set for $40ish. Nice find!

Sorry I wasn't on here earlier, but I hope some of you got on Walmart's crazy deals just now. They had all LOTR, LR, and new Castle theme for 10.99. Oh please let my order for 2 Orthancs go through.

Still some stuff left. Ordered mines of moria and black gate just now.

Those two plus the pirate ship were taken out of my cart right before checking out this morning. I still got in on some sets. Let's see if Walmart doesn't cancel our orders ::fingers crossed::

It seems Walmart has a bunch of issues right now.  I go to the website dailydvddeals.com and they have listed tons of stuff.

Right now EVERY LEGO set is listed for 369.99.  :lol:

Wow, that's a really strange glitch.  Everything's either $10.99 or $369.99, with a few showing up at normal price.  I saw Luke's Landspeeder at $24.99, for example.

All of the sets I'd want are already out of stock.  Hopefully those of you who got in actually receive them.

EDIT: Also looks like SpongeBob, Hero Factory, and Galaxy Squad are $10.99.  Also saw some of the smaller Architecture sets, but they all seem to be out of stock.

I placed an order for Unexpected Gathering and Lone Ranger train for in store pick up. The train is ready to go but the other won't be in until next week. Hope that doesn't get cancelled.

if this actually goes thru, ALL of the thanks to ackbar7. I saw 2 Orthancs for $10.99 and jumped over there (this was earlier this morning). Didn't get the Orthanc's, but I got plenty of Lone Ranger, Galaxy Squad (Space bugs!), and castle. 2 orders for around $250 total. This might be the best Christmas ever! 

And hopefully, the kids will enjoy it too.

edit: just got a notice that my in store pickups are ready. Don't have time to go today, but I'll let you know what happens tomorrow. (King's Castle, Gatehouse Raid, Black Gate, Council of Elrond, Ship Ambush).

Woooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Just went in and picked up
LR Train x 3 (really wanted the set, but also wanted some track)
Colby City Showdown
King's Castle
Dragon Mountain x 2
Attack of the Wargs
Battle at the black gate (needed a second to make it look less stupid)

But come on non pickup items, need those Orthancs (as well as a few other things). Also noticed in store that they had a lot more sets than they thought online. Was trying to get another castle, but online it said 1 nearby store had 1 of them, and the rest were out of stock. Don't know about the other stores, but the one I got it at had at least 5. Oh well, I really can't complain.

Wow, what a pickup!  I wasn't able to do in store pick up on my phone for some reason so I'm going to have to wait to see if they ship.  I'm not holding my breath.

Wow, what a pickup! I wasn't able to do in store pick up on my phone for some reason so I'm going to have to wait to see if they ship. I'm not holding my breath.
This is actually why I have another order. For whatever reason the mobil site defaults to a shipped to store pick up option, rather than pulling from stock. Obviously a set like Orthanc they don't have in store, but I know I saw the pirate ship ambush in the store I was at, and when I ordered that one from my phone it told me that it takes a week to pick it up. Weird system they have. It is also strange that all of the sets that have been listed at $370 have not been fixed online yet. You would think they would have some interest in fixing that so they could move some of their stock.

And yes, that was a great haul. Probably my birthday and Christmas presents (my wife tolerating it is the real gift) I just wish some of the Super Hero or Friends sets had been 10.99, those are the ones my daughter likes.

"I just wish I got more sets for 95% off!"

Bitch please.  :p

I would love to get a train, some wild west and castle sets for that much.  I'll trade you some Friends sets for them.  :lol:

Ahhhhh, I forgot to check for train sets.

I got an email saying some items were ready for pickup now. They were the two items that were listed as already in stock. I'm not going to hold my breath for the site-to-store stuff though.

Got in on two Lone Ranger trains and the LOTR Great Goblin King set for pick up(already picked 'em up).  They canceled my two Moria sets.  I also have two other Lone Ranger sets and one LOTR set processing for shipping.  They haven't canceled those yet.  

Also grabbed Disney Infinity(360) for $18.

bread's done
Back