LEGO Deals 3

Is Fire Brigade confirmed or just a rumor? I haven't heard or read anything other than your post.
It's showing as sold out on lego.com with no availability or ship date. All the sets that I've seen go out of production had the same status. The set is also over four years old, way past the typical ~2 years after which sets are typically discontinued.

It may very well be on it's way out but it is the holiday season, and from what you told me it's just speculation. I guess those that want it shouldn't wait too much longer.

I went to TRU today, and they also have the SpongeBob Bikini Bottom Party for $30, the GS Giant Bug thing for $35, and a couple of Technic sets for 50% off. They also had the LR Bank set for $32, but I loaded up on those at Target when they were $26.

The Hearse was totally gone. Picked up SpongeBob since I missed it on Amazon for that price. The GS Bug thing is tempting, but I just don't know what I'd do with it, or the pieces.
They also give you an awesome NinjaGo poster. It's nice and big and I was surprised.

They also have the SpongeBob Pirate set for $17ish. Great mini figures and pieces in that set.

I can't get a hold of that $30ish spongebob set from TRU. I would die for one of those!

Is the spongebob line continuing on anymore?
I don't see them adding anything new, especially with all the new sets coming out next year. I wish we would have gotten the chum bucket and sandys rocket or tree house.

SpongeBob is the oddest LEGO theme ever.  Every once and awhile when you don't think the theme will continue we get 1-2 random sets.  I could see that happening next fall / winter(2015).

Fire Brigade is the oldest modular still available so it makes sense.  When I first got into the modulars I made sure to get that one first and I'm buying them in order of release to avoid the discontinued problem.  I'm up to the Pet Shop.  This time last year Amazon had the Town Hall for $150 for at least a week.  I regret not buying it then.  Thought that was the SRP.  :(

FWIW, here is the order of release of the ones that are still available:

Fire Brigade (2009)

Grand Emporium (2010)

Pet Shop (2011)

Town Hall (2012)

Palace Cinema (2013)

Parisian Restaurant (2014)

Not sure how YMMV this is, but I found Lego 75016 Homing Spider Droid on sale at my local kmart for about $12.xx.

Also, Tiki men.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up on the TRU 50% off sale. I was able to grab the hearse on my way home. They had about 10 on the shelf. Also got a couple of mini figs as stocking stuffers. They had one tree poly out too.

Fire Brigade is no longer available. If you missed out you better search your local TRU or hit up the Bay before it goes the way of the Green Grocer. My store hasn't seen the set since October. Some LoTR sets are discounted in store (they are moving the older sets off our shelves) so check your local Legostore.

LOL, those Lego glasses were hysterical.

Was at TRU earlier, they are having some more red hot deals, they had Batwing Over Gotham for $25 and a few other sets, they had the Lone Ranger Train set for $65. Those were the two sets that stood out but had more on sale, the sale is only good for today. I know it's a little late for you east coasters but might not be too late.

Fire Brigade is no longer available. If you missed out you better search your local TRU or hit up the Bay before it goes the way of the Green Grocer. My store hasn't seen the set since October. Some LoTR sets are discounted in store (they are moving the older sets off our shelves) so check your local Legostore.

LOL, those Lego glasses were hysterical.
Which LotR sets? Looks like maybe Helms Deep, Weathertop, The Helms deep extension wall, and Mines of Moria? I still need the extension and Weathertop...wish i would have seen that $10 Weathertop on AWD. I saw that one walmart not too far away has 2 of the extensions and another has Weathertop. The extensions are only $30 which isnt too bad but the Weathertop is still $60.

Also, they dont ship to the US but any canadian CAGs or if anyone knows anyone, tru.coms canadian site has the fire brigade in stock for 199.99 if its truly gone.

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=12168071&prodFindSrc=search&foreSeeBrowseSampling=15&foreSeeBrowseLoyalty=1&foreSeeEnabled=true

Found this little number at Walmart tonight for $39.99 ... I know I should wait for a sale, but I couldn't resist grabbing it (now the waiting game to decide if I actually open it or end up returning it to rebuy for less later =P~ )

lego-31025-mountain-hut-creator-1.jpg

Found a City Space Station from 2012 at my local Walmart tonight. It was marked for $35.xx

I was pretty happy to pick it up at that price.

Sounds good to me. ;)
The best part is, it's included in a Belville set. What are those dolls doing?? :joystick:

There shouldn't be, the website has an age limit of at least 13. :p

Plus parents today think it's fine a 9 year old can play Call of Duty, yet you make one penis joke or say fuck and they freak out.
Especially online. Those 9 year olds are the ones cursing me out when I can't get a kill :lol:

random lego finds from yesterday:

- TJ Maxx had a mountain of LEGO storage containers including the small lego head for $12.99.

- Found an alien conquest mothership (?!) at B&N marked 50% off — i had the $10 off $20 coupon but passed; was looking for hobbit lego and they said computer showed lots of stock but they couldn’t find it?! it was a nonlocal B&N so oh wells. I teetered on getting the small cottage but resisted.

- Target had the TMNT polybag in the stocking stuffer section marked down to $2.99.

B&N usually puts the LoTR/Hobbit LEGO with the LoTR books.  They did this with Harry Potter too.  They tend to have their own special table, randomly placed somewhere in the store.  And the LEGO sets half the time are underneath that table.  Always makes them fun to try to find, no one in the store ever knows where it is... :)

- Found an alien conquest mothership (?!) at B&N marked 50% off — i had the $10 off $20 coupon but passed; was looking for hobbit lego and they said computer showed lots of stock but they couldn’t find it?! it was a nonlocal B&N so oh wells. I teetered on getting the small cottage but resisted.

B&N usually puts the LoTR/Hobbit LEGO with the LoTR books. They did this with Harry Potter too. They tend to have their own special table, randomly placed somewhere in the store. And the LEGO sets half the time are underneath that table. Always makes them fun to try to find, no one in the store ever knows where it is... :)
unfortunately they weren’t there! the star wars lego were with the SW books, but no LoTR lego anywhere. i followed the employee around for 15 minutes or more. -_-

Saw this on toysnbricks.com and thought it was worth passing along.

Did you get a $10 gift card during the Lego Store's Black Friday sale?  Better plan that purchase now.  It expires on 12/31/13.

Thanks, Lego!  Between the coupon and this, there's no end to the customer friendly policies!

Star Trek is better than The Wonder Years, Dateline News Magazine, and The Great Mouse Detective.  It is not better than Dont Trust the B is Apt 23.  Flame War averted

The LEGO ones posted above.
That was a joke. One year LEGO gave their employees glass drinking glasses and a redo of a wooden duck on a string done in LEGO bricks, it was nice. Last year was the massive house. This year it's this horrible and cheap POS. :lol:

Picked up a couple sets at Barnes and Noble today for the Buy 1 Get 1 50% off. Luckily, the guy checking out was willing to override the register to let me use the 30% off Kids Club on top of the sale. Selection was very limited, but I ended up with Creator Family House for $49 (30% off) and Creator Aviation Adventure for $30 (50% off).

FWIW, a lot of series are excluded from the sale (Friends, Star Wars, Architecture, Architecture Studio). Pretty much had to stick with City sets.

I just picked up a GS Eradicator Mech for $22 at TRU. Another one of their unlisted discounts. The Crater Creeper was also ~50 percent off at $10, but I passed on that.

I just picked up a GS Eradicator Mech for $22 at TRU. Another one of their unlisted discounts. The Crater Creeper was also ~50 percent off at $10, but I passed on that.

bread's done
Back