LEGO Deals 3

The Simpsons house has leaked.

11781872325_739a5667c5_o.jpg

Blows my mind they made a 2500 piece house, particularly given how plain it'll probably be. What do I know though, the thing'll probably sell like hot cakes.

It's ugly and looks odd.  Just like the mini figures.

Epic fail at LEGO.

Why would I spend more on that set than on the awesome new CC set?

TRU has a get 15 off a 60 lego purchase thing going on. Not bad, but as always watch out for their scalperish markups. Saw the rapunzel tower today for 55 (retails for 40) which is on a whole different level of ridiculous.

Couple of 30 dollar movie sets (32 at TRU) is ok though.

That Simpsons house is pretty crazy.  I'm surprised that the first set is a mega-set.  That thing will be crazy expensive.  At the same time....think of the audience.  It'll be middle-aged guys with more disposable income than little kids.  I guess it makes sense.  It's a well done set, for sure.

I haven't purchased a single TMNT set, and I see this trend spreading to the Simpsons line.

(Unless they release a Ralph Wiggums minfigure which I  would pay any asking price for!))

Well this far surpassed my expectations and I will definitely be picking it up. Now lets see some pics of the blind bag minifigs!

That Simpsons house is pretty crazy. I'm surprised that the first set is a mega-set. That thing will be crazy expensive. At the same time....think of the audience. It'll be middle-aged guys with more disposable income than little kids. I guess it makes sense. It's a well done set, for sure.
The Simpsons is only a USA only theme for at least this year. The house is the only set Europe is getting for awhile.

And CC I mean Cafe Corner style. i can't remember the name of the new set. But I rather have it than a ugly doll house.

The Simpsons is only a USA only theme for at least this year. The house is the only set Europe is getting for awhile.

And CC I mean Cafe Corner style. i can't remember the name of the new set. But I rather have it than a ugly doll house.
It's the Parisian Restaraunt and it's fantastic. The Simpson's House look terrible. I'd rather keep my Haunted House as a doll house.

I have a clearance question. What's the clearance schedule for Lego toys at Target now? And also, is there special clearance schedule for online items that weren't purchased or were returned?

So I went to TRU today, and bought a bunch of series 12 minifigures. They were part of the $15 off a $60 LEGO purchase. Was happy to get 20 series 12 for $45 pre-tax.

I didn't care for the series at all at first, but the more I look at them they are growing on me.

So I went to TRU today, and bought a bunch of series 12 minifigures. They were part of the $15 off a $60 LEGO purchase. Was happy to get 20 series 12 for $45 pre-tax.

I didn't care for the series at all at first, but the more I look at them they are growing on me.
Wait, your TRU didn't mark them up? I bought them as filler to get to $60 but they were ~3.50 a piece...

Who knows how they decide what they do. Some new sets, that they received before any other store, like the new Batman sets were ringing up as MSRP. Maybe prim could shed some light.

Went to the mini model build tonight with my kids since no school today. They had fun making the snow plow. Also got the first movie poster while we were there.

Went to the mini model build tonight with my kids since no school today. They had fun making the snow plow. Also got the first movie poster while we were there.
Same here. They had the Greek/Roman column pieces in the pick-a-brick wall so we basically got a large cup filled with those. I filled a cup with palm tree leaves when I was in Ontario this past week. Seems like 90% of the wall pieces are the same across the stores with the rest being decided how???

Same here. They had the Greek/Roman column pieces in the pick-a-brick wall so we basically got a large cup filled with those. I filled a cup with palm tree leaves when I was in Ontario this past week. Seems like 90% of the wall pieces are the same across the stores with the rest being decided how???
I've asked about that at my local stores. They only have so many elements they can choose from, and each store has a different priority rating. The "Mall Of America" location gets first choice, as they are a larger store, have more traffic, and have a larger pick a brick wall. So, basically, your local store isn't going to get the amazing choices that some of the other locations because the bigger stores eat up the good parts first.

Nice link.  Anyone know how the selection is in Columbus? Or if the link is accurate? I'm going to be up there this weekend, thought I might stop in.  I'm looking to get a bunch of tan bricks for a beach thing I'm working on.

Last edited by a moderator:
And more importantly a price.  "Only" $200.  But I still wish they did normal mini figures with hair pieces.  That would have worked, and looked so much better.

And more importantly a price. "Only" $200. But I still wish they did normal mini figures with hair pieces. That would have worked, and looked so much better.
I don't think that would've worked because The Simpsons characters have iconic giant, bulging eyes. I'm okay with the unique heads. The thing that bothers me the most are the fabric skirts on Marge and Lisa. It's just weird that they are wearing half painted plastic and half fabric dresses.

But the eyes in the characters are horrible, they all look pissed off or stoned.

The shirts is a new thing LEGO does... whatever.

And Maggie looks really odd as one huge piece.  They should have made that look a lot better, and a lot small than Bart and Lisa.

I'm disappointed in the floor plan of the Simpson house. It is not like it is in the show. I wasn't expecting perfect but they could have tried harder.

Looking at the pics and my only minor, teeny, tiny gripe is why aren't the roof and the garage door tiled? May have to fix that

But the eyes in the characters are horrible, they all look pissed off or stoned.

The shirts is a new thing LEGO does... whatever.

And Maggie looks really odd as one huge piece. They should have made that look a lot better, and a lot small than Bart and Lisa.
The fabric wouldn't bother me if the dresses were entirely fabric. It's the split at the waist that looks terrible.

At any rate, I'll probably pass on this one.

$3.99 for the Simpsons minfig packs kinda sucks. Hope this is just for the Simpsons line and not the new MSRP for all minifigs.
I doubt it will be for the future ones, sales have been falling on them (Because they should only do two series a year and need more than two full sets a box) to the point that they aren't sold anymore in stores in Denmark and Finland and that area.

Nice link. Anyone know how the selection is in Columbus? Or if the link is accurate? I'm going to be up there this weekend, thought I might stop in. I'm looking to get a bunch of tan bricks for a beach thing I'm working on.
The Columbus wall is usually pretty basic. I was in there the day after Christmas, and the list looks like it's somewhat accurate from then. Differences I notice is they no longer had the gold cones, white grills, trans blue tiles, the textured 2x2 round brick, and most of the plates. 2x2 round brick has changed to trans blue, and they switched to gold grills. They also had some long white bricks, 1x8 or 1x10, I'm not sure which.

bread's done
Back