LEGO Deals 3

... it never ends. =-p

I really want to find a reason to pick up the Daily Bugle set, but I don't understand why it has such an odd assortment on non-spider-man figures in it. Ok, I'll admit, I'm a 90's Spider-man guy and never cared for the 'Ultimate' version, but Doctor Doom is a Fantastic 4 villain, Nova is ... I'm not even sure, just seen him in other comics ... and red Beatle guy .. uh .. I dont even know.

I just wish there was a set with Venom, Spider-man and something other than a weird motorcycle. If anything, the Bugle set should have had Green Goblin or something .. then again, I've seen the 2014 Marvel set previews and they're using the damn Ultimates goblin anyway ... so I give up =-p

... but I'd buy it for 50% off :D

Beetle is a Spiderman villain. The red one is the Ultimates version I believe. Spiderman has fought Dr Doom before I'm sure, and Spiderman *is* a Future Foundation member with the F4 peoples...

Nova... I don't know. He's Guardians of the Galaxy stuff to me, he's another space-guy. He's an odd fit that I don't get. The rest I can see.

So, got the Hulk Helicarier Breakout today... it had everything.. but the Hulk figure :( Was only $25 but still, I want my Hulk.

Well, it's based on the Ultimate Spidey show, which features a SHIELD team of Spidey, Iron Fist (hence his inclusion in the other set), Nova, Power man/Luke Cage, and White Tiger.  They're all teenaged versions of the heroes.   If that's the only way we're going to see these side characters, I'm all for it.  The Nova movie design for Guardians is very different from the comic, so I'm glad we got a comic book Nova (kinda).

The Avengers movie line was ridiculous.  I think the only way to get the big Hulk was in the helicarrier set, and Black Widow in the quinjet, and the only way to get Captain America was in the tiny motorcycle set.  So basically you had to get every set but the shield truck set to have a complete team.  And then you had to get Fury from that Spidey set.

The odd thing is that it's not like they haven't designed all the minifigs for the various videogames anyway, so give us some packs.  Heck, even Kreo did that eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some stores may have or have not been doing it lately, but starting today, TRU has officially added Lego.com as one of its approved websites for price matching.  

Beetle is a Spiderman villain. The red one is the Ultimates version I believe. Spiderman has fought Dr Doom before I'm sure, and Spiderman *is* a Future Foundation member with the F4 peoples...

Nova... I don't know. He's Guardians of the Galaxy stuff to me, he's another space-guy. He's an odd fit that I don't get. The rest I can see.

So, got the Hulk Helicarier Breakout today... it had everything.. but the Hulk figure :( Was only $25 but still, I want my Hulk.
Contact Lego, see if they can do anything for you.

There are 4 sets that are officially retired and they wont be cheap to get on the secondary market, I guess you can include the Holiday Train in this series too but if you don't have that one you definitely don't want to get it second hand. The only one still available is the Winter Market, I'm sure you can bricklink the pieces if you wanted too, The sets don't look like they have pieces that are incredibly hard to come by.
I noticed, which makes me a bit more hesitant. That said, I saw the entire set for around 600 bucks, which isn't terrible if they continue to support the series year after year. I'm willing to pay a decent markup for the Green Grocer but that's the only set and even then I'm not going much hight than $400-$500 for a complete set.

What are the chances that the Lego store will have the new Star Wars sets on the 17th? I plan on going on the 18th to pick up a few.

But can we do price matching with coupons or special give-aways? Or is it one or the other?
I've used manufacturers coupons on items but if it's a store promo or a store coupon, it may be considered double dipping. I think it's stupid since they mark up there stuff so high. When they sell a $20 set for $29 it's just a bunch of crap, I'm surprised Lego doesn't say anything.

What are the chances that the Lego store will have the new Star Wars sets on the 17th? I plan on going on the 18th to pick up a few.
Your best bet is to call the store and ask them, if it's an official street date they should be able to sell them to you but the stock they have may vary.

Oops, my bad on the Daily Bugle/Daily Planet mixup. Crazy day at the office, didn't even think about it as I was posting from my phone. Still, I'll definitely pick one up this weekend if it's down to 50%... maybe even if it's still 'only' 30%.

Was able to find a Lone Ranger teepee set at Walmart for $10. Store had some newer sets out such as the Star Wars battlepacks and the mini Star Destroyer with Imperial officer. I haven't been paying attention to the nee Chima news but I saw these cute new sets with a minifigure riding an animal (lion, alligator, wolf and gorilla). Not sure if they're worth $10 but they looked neat.

I went to Target yesterday and they had the Bugle, Elrond, AT-TE, and a couple others I can't remember for 30% off.  I only picked up the Elrond set for now.  

Really? With a hulk set coming out in a few months?
Thats a new one with different color pants...as silly as that may be, I am sure they would not send that one out. Just getting one with different color pants early would sell on ebay for a ridiculous price im sure.

It's (The Hulk) already out, I was just at the Lego Store and there were no less than 15 new sets (Marvel heroes, Star Wars, and Lego Junior or something like that).

Found a Jabba's Palace at WM that finally was put on clearance for $80.

They still had the Castle theme sets on clearance as well, but nothing else that was great.

Target seems to be blowing out the Rancor Pit, X-Wing, Daily Bugle, TMNT and GS for 30% clearance.

That Elrond set his 50% or 70% off at Target here. I did contact LEGO, they're currently out of Hulk parts :/
Did you call them or do it automatically on their website?

I got a messed up Cars part, it was printed, they said it was out of stock, but I "ordered" it anyways. The next day I got an email saying it shipped.

If worse comes to worse wait a few months and ask for the new one.

I picked up the GS Galactic Titan and Bug Obliterator for 30% + 5% off each at Target to complete the large sets. I really wish I jumped on GS earlier for the smaller sets and polys. That's my favorite line since I got back into LEGO. Way better looking than this year's secret agent stuff!

I picked up the GS Galactic Titan and Bug Obliterator for 30% + 5% off each at Target to complete the large sets. I really wish I jumped on GS earlier for the smaller sets and polys. That's my favorite line since I got back into LEGO. Way better looking than this year's secret agent stuff!
I have 4-5 green polybags somewhere.

Would appreciate some advice. I actually found several GS Galatic Titan at a local wal-mart for $40. I bought it on behalf of my 8 year old, who really wanted it and I knew $40 was within his budget.

Got it home and my son opened it...to find a half assembled large LOTR kit inside. This was a shock, because only the lego factory tape was on it. We didn't rummage through because it wasn't what he wanted.

Of course, when I went to exchange it, they were sold out. they wanted to refund the $40, but that leaves me with 1 disappointed child. No other local walmart store has it in stock.

My wife and I agree that purchasing it somewhere else(like Target) and returning the walmart one is ethically wrong.

Would lego make this right if I contact customer support? Do you think wal-mart might be willing to make it right with a comparable kit? Any other brilliant ideas?

If it were for me as an adult collector, I would just get my $40 back. I just hate that my 8 year old has to catch the crappy side of retail.

Are there any minifigs in the box? If it's one of the retired sets, maybe you can sell it on eBay for what you paid or more. I doubt Lego will be able to help with that much missing. Your best bet unfortunately is probably going to be returning it.

If you post a pic, we should be able to identify it.

Has anyone seen lego hit 70% off lately? There are a couple sets sitting at 50% off that I was thinking about picking up. I know I shouldn't wait but I haven't seen anything fall further than 50% in a while. Also, anyone know what day target has been doing toy markdowns lately?

Picked up lake town chase, murk wood elf army, and council of elrond for 50% off at target. Kinda sad that I missed out on a rancor pit. Also picked up the Spider-Man spider cycle chase for $13.99 at tru price matched from Amazon.

Picked up lake town chase, murk wood elf army, and council of elrond for 50% off at target. Kinda sad that I missed out on a rancor pit. Also picked up the Spider-Man spider cycle chase for $13.99 at tru price matched from Amazon.
Nice, i went ahead and got the kings castle and a couple of tmnt kraang attacks sets for 50% off.

I don't know if anybody has mentioned this: Sears/kmart are running a fitness promotion through fitstudio.com. Basically you download a free app on your iPhone and it tracks your steps. Every 14 miles that you walk/run nets you $5 in shop your way rewards points. Needless to say that gets me about $10 in points every week or two. It takes a minute to get everything set up but it's worth it. Also you get $5 for signing up and completing your profile.

Frys has a sale on a couple of clone wars sets.  60 bucks for the walker thing, I think 80 for the Republic Gunship.  It was in the ad, and it notes limited quantities available but my local Frys had a bunch of each.  First time I've gone to Fry's just for Lego...

Frys has a sale on a couple of clone wars sets. 60 bucks for the walker thing, I think 80 for the Republic Gunship. It was in the ad, and it notes limited quantities available but my local Frys had a bunch of each. First time I've gone to Fry's just for Lego...
Target also had the AT-TE walker for 50% off. It was $45, as well as the xwing which was $30.

Fred Meyer had a new round of clearance. Rancor, GS sets, and some Chima sets are 60% off. Picked up a second Rancor set to try to make it fit better under Jabba's palace.

Where did you get the $25 Hulk/Helicarrier set?

I'm guessing it's clearanced with a label outside the box saying Hulk missing. I've seen them at several stores, from Walmart to TRU. Funny thing is, TRU was trying to sell it without the Hulk figure for like $5 less than the normal boxes.

Meijer.

I'm guessing it's clearanced with a label outside the box saying Hulk missing. I've seen them at several stores, from Walmart to TRU. Funny thing is, TRU was trying to sell it without the Hulk figure for like $5 less than the normal boxes.
Nope. It was clearanced as a new product actually. Their open-box stuff is normally very obviously labeled, at least around here. I didn't even know it was resealed when I got it :/ Anyways, LEGO support contacted me and asked for a confirmation code from the manual, so I'm hoping I'm good. I would've paid the $50 for it in all honesty, but $25 sounded a lot better. Not getting a Hulk in it sucked, but even if they don't send one it's worth $25 for the set to me.

Also, bug TRU employees more! :p They price match online now.... Daily Bugle is 30-something on the Walmart website, and the Batman Funhouse set is 45 on the TRU website, about 70 in-store. They matched both for me. Got an Atlantis kit at Barnes and Noble, was 70 got it for around 40 using coupons. Was pretty stoked. Now to wait on the new Marvel sets and the Martian Manhunter next month..

bread's done
Back