LEGO Deals 3

My Target had some sea plane polys mixed in with the current polys with the sea planes ringing up at $1.09.

There are no more sea planes at my Target.

If anyone else wants to build the double decker couch, it was posted here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1R-RVwLNimLQUhCUGd3NGNuV00/edit

Also, ToysRUs currently has some of the new Super Heroes and Star Wars sets in stock online with the B1G1 50% off and since they're new they are still MSRP. I went ahead and picked up the Jedi Interceptor (75038) and General Grievous' Wheel Bike (75040) for 37.50 total...grabbed a couple other small sets to get free shipping. I had a couple of the Super Heroes sets in cart but then decided against it...when I went to pick different ones the exact ones I had in cart we sold out again. I plan on getting a couple next month to get the free minifig but I will keep an eye on the two bigger sets (they were not in stock when I checked).

Last edited by a moderator:
Did someone here steal my Grand Prix Truck from AWD for $17?  I needed something for 18 cents and when I came back it was gone.  

Also, ToysRUs currently has some of the new Super Heroes and Star Wars sets in stock online with the B1G1 50% off and since they're new they are still MSRP. I went ahead and picked up the Jedi Interceptor (75038) and General Grievous' Wheel Bike (75040) for 37.50 total...grabbed a couple other small sets to get free shipping. I had a couple of the Super Heroes sets in cart but then decided against it...when I went to pick different ones the exact ones I had in cart we sold out again. I plan on getting a couple next month to get the free minifig but I will keep an eye on the two bigger sets (they were not in stock when I checked).
How did you get free shipping?

Finally saw the movie (and I have no idea how they'd make a sequel that would be anything more than milking it, but they did a great job with this one, so my hopes are up).  Is there any actual way to turn Wildstyle's bike into a plane (with extra pieces or something) posted online?  Would have been a great feature, though that set is already one of the better ones.  I was actually surprised how little screen time some of the dual vehicles got.

I can't believe the ship is $250!  Who is the target audience for that?  I can't imagine that many parents are going to buy one for their children.

The new sets are showing up in stores this week. My store got in all the new Super Hero stuff in today, Star Wars last week. All sets are currently MSRP in store also.

I can't believe the ship is $250! Who is the target audience for that? I can't imagine that many parents are going to buy one for their children.
I think it's an AFOL thing. The build looks too complicated for young kids. Even compared to other 250 dollar sets like Orthanc I think it could be a problem unless your somewhat experiences.

How did you get free shipping?
TRU has free shipping for orders $49 or more or if you do in store pickup. I got the two 24.99 star wars sets (37.49 total) and 2 of the spider man 12.99 sets (19.49 total) to get free shipping.

The new sets are showing up in stores this week. My store got in all the new Super Hero stuff in today, Star Wars last week. All sets are currently MSRP in store also.
Yeah I was going to wait but since these were in stock for shipping I went ahead and pulled the trigger. If they have them in store Friday or Saturday Ill be tempted to get the more expensive Super Heroes sets but I have to save something for the $75 to get the free minifigure next month at the lego store lol.

Stopped in the Lego store today.  They were putting out the clearanced Halloween pumpkin polys ~$1.50 each.  I grabbed a couple since I needed $2 more to get the piece of resistance poly.  

I grabbed the only Mermaid I found in a new box of Movie minifigs at Walmart today.  Somebody here needed it right?  Just PM me if you want it.

Lego movie build March 1st and B&N:  

Barnes & Noble, Inc. , BKS -1.68%  one of the nation’s largest booksellers and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, announced today that Barnes & Noble stores nationwide will host a fun and free Hands-On Learning LEGO build event on Saturday, March 1, for fans of THE LEGO®MOVIE™, which opened in theaters nationwide on February 7.

During the event, LEGO fans will assist the citizens of Bricksburg, the fictional city in the movie, by building a creative LEGO vehicle or device that can fight for justice and defeat Lord Business and his Micro Managers, the evil tyrants trying to take over the city. Participants will be allowed to take home their creations, along with a free copy of THE LEGO®MOVIE™ Adventure Builder Booklet. Barnes & Noble customers can also enjoy 30% off the LEGO Batman: The Movie - DC Super Heroes Unite DVD. This offer is available in all Barnes & Noble stores nationwide.

I think it's an AFOL thing. The build looks too complicated for young kids. Even compared to other 250 dollar sets like Orthanc I think it could be a problem unless your somewhat experiences.
I guess so. I wonder if they had an idea of how big the movie would be with AFOLs.

LEGO makes huge sets that children would never get all the time. Why is it shocking with the movie set? If it was $200 would that be OK for children's gift? :lol:
I think anything over $100 for these sets is too much. I can see how they would think a $250 Star Wars set or a $200 Simpsons set would sell well because of the fans, but this to me would be like them making a $250 Chima set.

edit: Let me rephrase that... I don't think $100 is too much, I just want to know how they predicted how popular the movie was going to be and know it was going to be so popular that people would buy a $250 set.

I think anything over $100 for these sets is too much. I can see how they would think a $250 Star Wars set or a $200 Simpsons set would sell well because of the fans, but this to me would be like them making a $250 Chima set.

edit: Let me rephrase that... I don't think $100 is too much, I just want to know how they predicted how popular the movie was going to be and know it was going to be so popular that people would buy a $250 set.
They've had other sets like this before, though. Orthanc is a known property, but the Monster Fighters Haunted House was up there. The last expensive set that I can remember bombing was actually a Star Wars one, the B wing which they basically clearanced.

I think they knew how popular it was going to be with adult fans; the movie itself, while entertaining for my daughter, had a ton of plot stuff that went completely over her head but was targeted to adult fans. I mean, I'm not quite sold on $250 for that monstrocity, but in general the movie line is great and seems to be on fire.

Finally made it to TRU. They had some of the new sets out (at retail), but only enough of the $25 Star Wars ones to really buy 2 and get a decent deal. Unfortunately the Flash/Riddler and ManBat/Nightwing bat sets are marked up. I was searching up and down for the Police gunship to pair with the Droid Gunship, but it was all in vain.

I was debating on getting the Police Gunship and Droid Gunship, you think I should do it? I know the Police Gunship is a TRU exclusive and those always seem to go on sale at some point or another.

Just scored a rancor pit for 50% off at target .. Bought it at 30% off at one target and did return rebuy at a target that had it at 50% .. First time doing that .. Can't say I'm too proud of my actions .. But I really wanted that set

The last Pirate ship was $180, they have had a $200 Town Hall, a $120 parking garage, they have $120 Chima sets all the time, same with NinjaGo.

Do you have children? Because if you do you are a great parent because the amount of people that go "My niece (not even their damn child!) want's a Death Star (or whatever) is a lot more than you think. It's scary. I never got any sets over $50, it's why I buy the big space ship sets today and such.

The ship is beautiful, and obviously aimed at AFOLs IMO. I've been watching my wife build it, and it's one of the more complex builds I've seen. The ship has so much detail and is huge. I agree the price point is a little high, but I think it's worth it.

Same, which is why since my fiancee collects LEGOs I use it as an excuse to buy the big and expensive sets I want. -.-

Hello Lego Marvel/DC....
Yeah I wanted a castle ,train, space ship. I bought a train for half off in 2003, the Castle in 2005 I think, and the Space Police ship in 2011. Now I want a Pirate ship, but I'll be basing until I can get one for $50. The train was $50, plus 10$ shipping and tax, and so were the other sets.

Scored a Monster Fighters Ghost Train for 30% at the Legoland Discovery gift shop today. At 60 bucks I think I paid what it should have been in the first place. Wish I hadn't missed it at 40 but at least now I'm just missing a few polys for a complete set.

Speaking of POTC I'm thinking of finally selling my complete unopened collection so I can buy a Death Star .. Those ships are fetching pretty good prices considering I bought everything at 50% off

Speaking of POTC I'm thinking of finally selling my complete unopened collection so I can buy a Death Star .. Those ships are fetching pretty good prices considering I bought everything at 50% off

Which Death Star do you want? If you want the Death Star II UCS, unless you want it for collection purposes I think your better off bricklinking the pieces, I just looked up prices and the used prices aren't too bad.

Which Death Star do you want? If you want the Death Star II UCS, unless you want it for collection purposes I think your better off bricklinking the pieces, I just looked up prices and the used prices aren't too bad.
My girlfriend wants the 10188 because of the mini figures so that's what I'm looking for

The last Pirate ship was $180, they have had a $200 Town Hall, a $120 parking garage, they have $120 Chima sets all the time, same with NinjaGo.

Do you have children? Because if you do you are a great parent because the amount of people that go "My niece (not even their damn child!) want's a Death Star (or whatever) is a lot more than you think. It's scary. I never got any sets over $50, it's why I buy the big space ship sets today and such.
They've had other sets like this before, though. Orthanc is a known property, but the Monster Fighters Haunted House was up there. The last expensive set that I can remember bombing was actually a Star Wars one, the B wing which they basically clearanced.

I think they knew how popular it was going to be with adult fans; the movie itself, while entertaining for my daughter, had a ton of plot stuff that went completely over her head but was targeted to adult fans. I mean, I'm not quite sold on $250 for that monstrocity, but in general the movie line is great and seems to be on fire.

Finally made it to TRU. They had some of the new sets out (at retail), but only enough of the $25 Star Wars ones to really buy 2 and get a decent deal. Unfortunately the Flash/Riddler and ManBat/Nightwing bat sets are marked up. I was searching up and down for the Police gunship to pair with the Droid Gunship, but it was all in vain.
There's a huge difference between a $120 set and a $250 set. At $250, you're almost into console territory. How many kids would rather have the ship than an PS4 (I would say WiiU, but we all know how that's going :lol:).

The Pirate ship and the Haunted House fall in line with the modular and large scale models, so there's a market there already. The Sea Cow is a large scale model, but based on an IP that was unproven.

Either way, they guessed right because I haven't seen a single movie set at Target or Walmart in a long time.

Really, they're all over the place by me. I didn't think they were hard to find.
I see a couple of the $30 sets, the ice cream truck, garbage truck and castle, but rest of the line seems sparse around me.

I found some of the new Chima and Star Wars sets at a Walmart last night. My nearest store is a disaster zone though. Doesn't look like the shelves have been reset in weeks.

I see a couple of the $30 sets, the ice cream truck, garbage truck and castle, but rest of the line seems sparse around me.

I found some of the new Chima and Star Wars sets at a Walmart last night. My nearest store is a disaster zone though. Doesn't look like the shelves have been reset in weeks.
That's what it looks like at one of my stores, one of the isles looks like they just tossed everything in there.

There's a huge difference between a $120 set and a $250 set. At $250, you're almost into console territory. How many kids would rather have the ship than an PS4 (I would say WiiU, but we all know how that's going :lol:).

The Pirate ship and the Haunted House fall in line with the modular and large scale models, so there's a market there already. The Sea Cow is a large scale model, but based on an IP that was unproven.

Either way, they guessed right because I haven't seen a single movie set at Target or Walmart in a long time.
You are way over thinking this. :lol:

I think it's a bigger gamble making 16 other sets based on a movie that could have failed. Lone Ranger had 5 sets that failed, what would have happened if LEGO's theme of the year failed?

You are way over thinking this. :lol:

I think it's a bigger gamble making 16 other sets based on a movie that could have failed. Lone Ranger had 5 sets that failed, what would have happened if LEGO's theme of the year failed?
Ha, yeah, probably. I was just curious how they come up with these new ideas.

Really, they're all over the place by me. I didn't think they were hard to find.
They are selling like hotcakes. TRU decided not to include them in this week's sale, and they're still flying off the shelf (it probably helps that they aren't marked up).

The Dinosaur theme bombed pretty hard.  I think those sets were only on shelves for a few months.  A shame too, dino LEGOs is a great idea, but the sets were seriously lacking.  

As for the LEGO Movie theme, I'm surprised they're selling out.  Outside of the Ice Cream truck (was that even in the movie?  lol) they all look like a jumbled mess of blah.

bread's done
Back