LEGO Deals 3

The TS theme wasn't a great idea for a theme, way too limited. The RC set was nice, but twice as much as it should have been.

The best sets were ones I didn't have, the RC, Woody's Roundup. However the vehicles were really well made, just the prices were way too high. So I would call the theme garbage, just not imaginative.
Precisely. Unimaginative. The only reason to get the sets were the figs. Something like this Cuusoo thing appeals to that desire to get the figs.

I just came back from TRU and they are having the color clearance sale.  In the DS section I found a PotC LEGO two DS LEGO cart holders, some printed pieces, a DS pen with a 2x2 brick for a top and a mini figure for $6 blue sticker, so $3.  I also found a Harry Potter one just without the printed pieces for $1, so 50 cents.  I was very happy.

anyone have an extra lord business minifig theyd like to get rid of, cant find any packs anywhere?
Sorry man. You're a week late. Last week I found 3-4 of them in the box I went through. That box was empty as of yesterday.

I'll look again when I go today, but don't get your hopes up.

Sorry man. You're a week late. Last week I found 3-4 of them in the box I went through. That box was empty as of yesterday.

I'll look again when I go today, but don't get your hopes up.
No problem...yeah im checking bricklink to see if i can find one cheap. My TRU had some 2-3 weeks ago but I held off. I was trying to find a target or walmart that had them for 2.99 but havent found any and now that TRU was out the last time I checked.

anyone have an extra lord business minifig theyd like to get rid of, cant find any packs anywhere?
Doh! Your like two weeks late. I found a random one at Target, the last one they had and the only one since release and it was him.

I still need the robot secretary and female construction worker.

Doh! Your like two weeks late. I found a random one at Target, the last one they had and the only one since release and it was him.

I still need the robot secretary and female construction worker.
Yeah I am still looking lol...I should have bought them a long time ago when I got all the ones I did when they were still 2.99 at TRU. I hadnt planned on getting the whole set but I wish I had gotten a couple more since my daughter and I started playing the game on PC. For those who have not seen, the opening scene Vitruvius figure will be packaged with the bluray.

image: http://forum.blu-ray.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=82729&d=1395251805

That's good news. We got to the event late last time and were almost able to get a full car but they were all out of passenger side doors

So pretty much TRU didn't have a handle on the situation. :lol:
LOLOLOL My wife and I went and it was insane. One of the TRU near us had just closed before the event, so the one TRU near us was overloaded with people. Sometimes if it's not busy we've been able to grab one a piece but we decided not to even bother. We'll be at PAX East during the next one, so we'll have to miss it.

Damn!

There was another Friends Juice Bar for $18.29, I was trying to figure out a way to $35 (Orphan Black and soap) for free shipping.  Finally got it to $36.xx and right when I updated my cart to checkout it was gone.  :(

Simpsons pics! I personally love these with full eyes much more than the ones that came with the house. I think the unique heads should make these even easier to feel for.

0dea4a95fa33185878a28a8f8307d3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These look great. If I had the house I would probably sell the minifigs from that set. These are much better looking than the stoned eyes from the house

I'm gonna go ahead and say that most collectors/fans pick up minifigs for the characters on the whole and not for specific or "new" parts. I get that some people do but those are the extreme minority when it comes to minifigs

I'll probably get a set from the first box that comes through my store. The only issue I see for me is if Marge will fit in the mini figure case.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that most collectors/fans pick up minifigs for the characters on the whole and not for specific or "new" parts. I get that some people do but those are the extreme minority when it comes to minifigs
I buy them for the mini figures, but it's also in case i ever want to use the parts from them. The problem is the heads are useless, I'm not that big of a Simpsons fan, and they cost $4 now so you better get some special pieces from it, which there are almost none.

I buy them for the mini figures, but it's also in case i ever want to use the parts from them. The problem is the heads are useless, I'm not that big of a Simpsons fan, and they cost $4 now so you better get some special pieces from it, which there are almost none.
Actually, a lot of people want them for the short sleeve shirts and shorts prints so they seem okay since no others have prints like that. I grew up with the Simpsons when they first aired so the nostalgia is there...they sold me as soon as I saw these figures didnt have the stupid stoner eyes. They look even better than what I thought they would and I enjoy all the accessories with them too...I think they nailed it. I dont repurpose anything either so I dont really care about parting things out...yeah it sucks that I will have to pay roughly $68 instead of $53 but I am okay paying $15 extra on something I really like. This will be the first set where I actually buy all the figures. I wish I had gotten all the lego movie ones now after watching the movie and playing the game, so I am gonna make sure I get all of these before I regret it.

Lets just face fact, we're all going to go ape shit when they get released.
I'm not sure. I haven't actually watched the Simpsons since 2001.

If it was Archer, Family Guy, or Futurama, I'd be in trouble. And frankly, Futurama would make the best Legos sets out of all of them.

Since were wish-listing:

Legend of Zelda, Cowboy Bebop.

Surprisingly I also need the following lego sets:

Married with Children:  No MAAM in Al's Garage, Bud with Isis sex Doll

The Office:  Dunder Mifflin Office, Bob Vance:  Vance Refrigeration mini figure

Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia:  The Nightman Cometh Set, Fat Mac, and Who Sh*T The Bed

These are the sets I dont need:

gran torino

p90x workout 

the crying game

madea's anything

diary of anne frank

all dogs go to heaven

Not to derail wishlisting but I wanted to recommend the Star Wars Microfighters to anyone who likes either Star Wars or the Star Wars Lego lines. These little super-deformed, yet surprisingly accurate, star ship models with their full sized pilots are not only fun to build but freakin' adorable to boot. At $10 you could do a lot worse. I've got them all except for the Clone Trooper Tank and I think they're all great.

Not to derail wishlisting but I wanted to recommend the Star Wars Microfighters to anyone who likes either Star Wars or the Star Wars Lego lines. These little super-deformed, yet surprisingly accurate, star ship models with their full sized pilots are not only fun to build but freakin' adorable to boot. At $10 you could do a lot worse. I've got them all except for the Clone Trooper Tank and I think they're all great.
I almost ordered them during the Martian Manhunter promo, cause I needed a filler. But they seem so small for the price, and being a non-SW fan, I couldn't justify it. If I ever see them for 30-50% off, I'm snagging a bunch of them.

Actually, a lot of people want them for the short sleeve shirts and shorts prints so they seem okay since no others have prints like that. I grew up with the Simpsons when they first aired so the nostalgia is there...they sold me as soon as I saw these figures didnt have the stupid stoner eyes. They look even better than what I thought they would and I enjoy all the accessories with them too...I think they nailed it. I dont repurpose anything either so I dont really care about parting things out...yeah it sucks that I will have to pay roughly $68 instead of $53 but I am okay paying $15 extra on something I really like. This will be the first set where I actually buy all the figures. I wish I had gotten all the lego movie ones now after watching the movie and playing the game, so I am gonna make sure I get all of these before I regret it.
Exactamundo! Again, accessories are nice but I'd say a vast majority of collectors and fans buy the minifigures for the entire figure/package. Cool accessories are nice but not what sells these.

Initially it was thought that the licensing fees were the reason for the $1 price increase but from here on out $3.99 is the price for blind bag minifigs going forward. I'm not thrilled about the increase but can definitely accept it. Series 1 and 2 were $2 in 2010. Series 3 - movie, which was 2011-now, were $3. So keeping that price point for a few years is not that bad especially considering how popular Lego as a brand has become since these first came out. Everyone has their line though, I get that (no way I would spend $10 on the 3.75" Marvel Universe figures). For the time being I'm still in especially considering TRU always has a BOGO 40% deal or coupons. When these first hit and people buy cases and sell the rest through ebay or bricklink you can usually get them for under or around retail.

Have any of you seen these before? I don't think I've seen them at any store.

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/tag/4386817271.html

edit: Doh, just realized they're "Lego compatible". They look so real though.
These are on eBay all the time. You can get super heroes, Chima, ninjago and more on there. I got some of the castle guys to have a few more people, and the quality varies pretty wildly. Some are not bad, while others have joints so loose they can't stand or hold items.

These are on eBay all the time. You can get super heroes, Chima, ninjago and more on there. I got some of the castle guys to have a few more people, and the quality varies pretty wildly. Some are not bad, while others have joints so loose they can't stand or hold items.
That's when you make use of the Kra'gl :lol:

My 6 year old is a huge Iron Man fan, so we bought a couple sets of the knock off Iron Man figures (there are a lot of "Marks" that Lego hasn't touched) to populate his lab in the Malibu Mansion. The quality is okay, just by looking at it, and the ones we got hold together well. The plastic is cheaper, and we won't buy other figures like them, but like the Admiral said, they're good for populating display sets.

Just the other day I showed my girlfriend the new Simpsons' minifigs and the House and look what she put on my table as an anniversary gift tonight:

legosimpsons.jpg

Totally floored right now!!!

Well when I say my gf ppl usually respond shut up you don't have a gf. lol. *and fixed the above post for ya.^^

bread's done
Back