LEGO Deals 3

Pathetic sale.  I figured if I ordered on May 2, I'd be okay since the 50% off sets weren't that great.  Wrong.  Sold out, no backorders.  Eh.

They must not have had very many of them for them to sell out so quickly, which means they knew that one of the main draws of their sale would be gone by May 3, to say nothing of May 4.

The rest of the sale can be summed up by someone on Toys 'n' Bricks: "what a laughable "sale". paying top dollar for sets I don't really want for a single minfig, I must pass."

I was going to order the new SW micro sets (not on sale), but that only makes $60.  I have to pad with SW items I don't want to make $75 for a figure I also don't really care about.  Even if the figure ends up being "worth" $25, what am I paying to get it?

I initially thought the European offers sucked (which they also do), but they at least get a discount on a few UCS sets.  Not here.  I might have considered the X-Wing, but as before, with no coupons, offers, or discounts, why shouldn't I wait? 

I'm finding that while I still enjoy Lego products immensely, the decisions by Lego are increasingly annoying and off-putting, and I don't care about Revan enough to reward Lego by purchasing something during their sucky sale.  So, pass on May the 4th.  I'll be content with the $42 Creator House I got off AWD yesterday.

Just did orders, each for just over $75.

Order 1:

-X-Wing fighter

-Millenium Falcon Micro Set

-Boba Fett Keychain

-Stormtrooper Keychain

Order 2:

-Mandalorian Speeder

-A-Wing Fighter

-Republic Ship

-Micro Star Destroyer

-Micro X-Wing

-R2-D2 Keychain

Will sell off the extra Revan figure and poster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought the scratch and dent Pet Shop and Lego Movie bad Cop Pursuit. Star Wars just doesn't do it for me and I know it's a never ending cycle. The Sandrcrawler looks incredible though. Would have bought a scratched one if they had it.

Also, they were putting up a Star Wars mural in the store where kids could fill out at an 8x8 tile with legos to create a large image of Luke and Darth and my kids had fun adding to that.

walked out with two walkers, two posters, and 2 revans. Our lego store is pretty good.
I picked up a few sets and then decided to get the Sandcrawler on a separate transaction and try to get another figure but the guy was making it difficult. Luckily my wife was there but had to jump through some extra hoops just to do it.

I had my girlfriend get my extra figure today.  No problems.  Sandcrawler, put together, looked good.  All those extra droids are awesome too.

Guy at the store today said they didn't get any special shipment of the 50% off items and they were long sold out of any of them way before today. Lots of people digging through the Simpsons minifigs, though, at this point I wish they would either sell sets or at not blind bag them at all (or blind box them)

Guy at the store today said they didn't get any special shipment of the 50% off items and they were long sold out of any of them way before today. Lots of people digging through the Simpsons minifigs, though, at this point I wish they would either sell sets or at not blind bag them at all (or blind box them)
I went to the mall early in hopes of a SSD but everything they had last weekend was sold out in the panic of Target and Wal-Mart going OOS. They haven't carried any of those sets in such a long time, and the malevolence going OOS quick wasn't a surprise but hey.... they still have it in stock at TRU For $160.

I ordered nothing. Would love a Darth Revan but there really isn't any SW sets that I want right now, and the sale was quite blah. I heard a lot of stores didn't have the 50% off sets and hadn't had them for months, so most likely Lego was just trying to move the rest of what they had in the warehouse.

I would do it online but for some reason the check out screen wont let me use my VIP points.  I might call in but if not I will just get the Sandcrawler via a 2x/3x VIP promo.  The Revan minifigure looks cool but I don't follow the storylines where he is a part of; in other words, if I miss out, no loss of sleep.   

Would anybody be willing to sell the revan mini fig if they have an extra? Nothing good I want at $75 that I don't have and I don't have a store nearby. I'd like one but I'm not desperate either.

Actually, I won't now. Sorry. I decided this morning to cancel my orders since I really shouldn't be dropping $150 on LEGO right now when I have a wedding to pay for.
LEGO sets are only around for a few years and then are gone forever. Guys and gals are come and go. Plus a wedding only last one day and the LEGOs will last lifetimes. ;)

So, I've noticed the Lego Movie stuff has effectively never gone on sale other than one time at TRU. Does anyone know of any upcoming 20% at TRU for Movie stuff or other deals? I figure they are going to start discontinuing at the end  of the summer and want a gameplay to finish the set without breaking the wallet or missing money saving opportunities.

The Movie sets will not be discontinued by the end of summer.  They will probably still be around next summer because of how big the movie was.  The only sets to be released and retired the same year was The Lone Ranger and that was a huge bomb.

target had the sets for 20% off the week before the movie came out.  I'm hoping they will again i nthe future, maybe near Christmas.

The Movie sets will not be discontinued by the end of summer. They will probably still be around next summer because of how big the movie was. The only sets to be released and retired the same year was The Lone Ranger and that was a huge bomb.

target had the sets for 20% off the week before the movie came out. I'm hoping they will again i nthe future, maybe near Christmas.
That would be good news but what other movie legos have been released? I can think of stuff like Harry Potter and and Prince of Persia and weren't those ultimately released for only a year? The Lord of the Rings sets continue but don't the individual sets go OOP within the year of release? Not sure on this but with the Lego Movie sets being released in January I thought 2014 would be it for them.

On that note, anyone who has started collecting modular buildings should get the Grand Emporium if they haven't already as it's being discontinued and my local Lego store doesn't have it anymore and isn't sure about restock at this point.

Found some random Lego clearance again at Walmart:

75015  SW Corp. Alliance Droid Tank  $7.00 ($21.99)

79103  TMNT Turtle Lair Attack  $18.00 ($49.99)

79100  TMNT Kraang Lab Escape $9.00  ($12.99)

My local store had the Turtle Lair for $35, but I used that Walmart app and found another store that had it for $18.  Found one unmarked!

Also found the Simpsons Minifigs at Walmart...they were in the typical flat display boxes and not the vertical end cap hanging boxes like at Target.  They fixed the price also as they were $3.97.

Also noticed that the 4 X 4 Crawler is clearanced at TRU for $160.98.  MSRP is $199.99 and I got it last year for $160 with a 20% off coupon.  That is a good price for this set which is one of my personal favorites.  Nice build with tons of hard to get gear pieces.  It isn't fast because it is geared for power climbing which it does really well.  The kids like this set as you just don't build it and stick it on the shelf, you get to play with it.

Also noticed that the 4 X 4 Crawler is clearanced at TRU for $160.98. MSRP is $199.99 and I got it last year for $160 with a 20% off coupon. That is a good price for this set which is one of my personal favorites. Nice build with tons of hard to get gear pieces. It isn't fast because it is geared for power climbing which it does really well. The kids like this set as you just don't build it and stick it on the shelf, you get to play with it.
Amazon price matched this the other day, but it sold out pretty quick. My local store has a bunch, so I'm hoping it'll drop a little bit lower before they run out.

Well it looks like I will have an extra Revan for trade after all, apparently the LEGO Store couldn't cancel my order and if I refuse delivery it will take too long to get back to them and process my refund, and I'm not going to pay return shipping. So, I will have a few sets for sale if anybody is interested.

Well it looks like I will have an extra Revan for trade after all, apparently the LEGO Store couldn't cancel my order and if I refuse delivery it will take too long to get back to them and process my refund, and I'm not going to pay return shipping. So, I will have a few sets for sale if anybody is interested.
I'm still interested in the revan, possibly a set too depending.

What sets did you get?

What do you have?

Found some random Lego clearance again at Walmart:

75015 SW Corp. Alliance Droid Tank $7.00 ($21.99)

79103 TMNT Turtle Lair Attack $18.00 ($49.99)

79100 TMNT Kraang Lab Escape $9.00 ($12.99)

My local store had the Turtle Lair for $35, but I used that Walmart app and found another store that had it for $18. Found one unmarked!
Any tips on finding clearance Lego? I haven't seen any at Target or Walmart since I got back into Lego.

Any tips on finding clearance Lego? I haven't seen any at Target or Walmart since I got back into Lego.
You go to the store and scan. Target is close to there Summer clearance maybe about another month or two. Clearance has been more of a crapshoot though at both stores the past year though.

Does anyone know when the new X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy sets will be available to order? I was curious what the retail would be for those, but there seems to be no listings yet.

And apparently the X-men one is finally up on Amazon. 49.99 for anyone interested, currently available to preorder for 44.52.

Just an update on this, it looks like they were able to have the shipments rerouted back to the sender after all. Sorry to those who PM'd me about possible trades.

So the new CUUSOO Ghostbusters got reviewed. It's 50 bucks and 508 pieces. Reviews have been extremely positive directly comparing how good it is compared to the mediocre Delorean.

I've always been a bigger BTTF fan compared to Ghostbusters, but I hace yet to pick up the Delorean due to it being ugly, but the Ecto 1 will probably be a day 1 purchase for me, it's a gorgeous model, great minifigs and I love how much detail went into it.

Besides the bike shop, what else is in the Creator release schedule for summer? I checked brickset and all I can see is the little cat poly (snowman later this year I would assume). Creator, the houses specifically, are what got me back in to Lego but the line has been lacking as of late. I liked the treehouse but nothing as good as the houses has come out lately. The small cottage was lame especially for the price. I have yet to get the mountain hut. I do like it but am waiting for a sale as I don't think its $40 good, maybe $30

Besides the bike shop, what else is in the Creator release schedule for summer? I checked brickset and all I can see is the little cat poly (snowman later this year I would assume). Creator, the houses specifically, are what got me back in to Lego but the line has been lacking as of late. I liked the treehouse but nothing as good as the houses has come out lately. The small cottage was lame especially for the price. I have yet to get the mountain hut. I do like it but am waiting for a sale as I don't think its $40 good, maybe $30
That's exactly how I got back into Lego, through the Creator houses. I had a $15 TRU reward that was expiring and bought the small cottage on a whim. It snowballed and I picked up every Creator house since. The Family House is probably one of my favorites. I'm using the Hillside House and the Tree House as an alternative home for my Simpsons figures until I can buy the real thing when it's on sale or the Lego shop has a 2x/3x points deal going on.

If you didn't like the small cottage, I don't think you'll like the mountain hut. To be honest, it's probably my least favorite set I've purchased thus far. None of the three builds are particularly interesting, and the two big grey rock pieces are kind of a turn off. Might be worth it if you have the log cabin to pair it with, but I wouldn't recommend it unless there was a good discount.

I finally completed my Simpsons figures. Took multiple trips to Toys R Us and Target and lots of time feeling bags, but I'm glad it's over with. Got really worried after the Simpsons episode aired and TRU sold out everywhere, but my nearest TRU had 2 fresh boxes on hand today.

After getting the kiddos a couple Mixels for Easter, I decided to go all in.  Unfortunately I haven't seen them anywhere but at TRU with a $1 markup.  I hit the jackpot at Target last night though, they had a half full box plus a sealed one on the shelf behind it.  Needless to say I have all 9 of series 1 now.  Bring on Series 2!

Seen the Lego Cement Mixer (60018) marked down on Target clearance for about $14 (30% off). Seems like a cool little set, but I'm hesitating on the purchase.

bread's done
Back