LEGO Deals 3

Seen the Lego Cement Mixer (60018) marked down on Target clearance for about $14 (30% off). Seems like a cool little set, but I'm hesitating on the purchase.
I agree a fun build. It is kind of fragile though.

Birthday for my daughter. She scored tons of Friends sets from her friends and now she has got some serious building to do. She built the high school today (that one was from us). She was super happy with all the sets she got especially since they were not duplicates.

Working my way through the Town Hall.  Built the first floor a few weeks ago and knocked out the second floor today.  For $200 it sure is an uninspiring build, almost boring, if you will.   Probably why I haven't finished it yet.  It's my fourth modular and probably my least favorite thus far.  

Target has a new poly that I haven't seen  before, they had The Lego Movie Super Secret Enforcer for $3.99 at the checkout lanes.

Target has a new poly that I haven't seen before, they had The Lego Movie Super Secret Enforcer for $3.99 at the checkout lanes.
Only time I ever saw that was when they were offering it at TRU free with xx.xx purchase, but haven't seen it since. It's a really cool polybag, and I'd consider getting more.

Working my way through the Town Hall. Built the first floor a few weeks ago and knocked out the second floor today. For $200 it sure is an uninspiring build, almost boring, if you will. Probably why I haven't finished it yet. It's my fourth modular and probably my least favorite thus far.
Kinda feel that way about the Fire Brigade. We've built the Haunted House and Sea Cow and those were both such exciting builds that once we go into modulars the bar was set pretty high. The Grand Emporium was pretty fun and we have the Pet Shop after that but I hope they continue to move into more detailed and interesting concepts like the theatre and restaraunt as those look substantially more interesting than the earlier buildings.

Target has a new poly that I haven't seen before, they had The Lego Movie Super Secret Enforcer for $3.99 at the checkout lanes.
I really hope this is chain wide as it's the only actual "hard to get" Lego Movie item and I haven't had time to visit the stores around me that may have it. Plus I'm trying to hold out from paying 10 bucks on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda feel that way about the Fire Brigade. We've built the Haunted House and Sea Cow and those were both such exciting builds that once we go into modulars the bar was set pretty high. The Grand Emporium was pretty fun and we have the Pet Shop after that but I hope they continue to move into more detailed and interesting concepts like the theatre and restaraunt as those look substantially more interesting than the earlier buildings.
The only thing I didn't like on the Haunted House was the windows. The first one was fun, but it quickly became tedious once you discovered the all of the numerous windows had nearly identical construction.

I really hope this is chain wide as it's the only actual "hard to get" Lego Movie item and I haven't had time to visit the stores around me that may have it. Plus I'm trying to hold out from paying 10 bucks on ebay.
I'll get you the DPCI when I find the receipt, should make it a bit easier.

I have a soft spot for the Fire Brigade as it was my first modular, but I can see the similar complaints. The only others I have are the Pet Shop and G. Emporium and those were fantastic builds. Looking forward to getting the Cinema & Parisian in the future.

I have a soft spot for the Fire Brigade as it was my first modular, but I can see the similar complaints. The only others I have are the Pet Shop and G. Emporium and those were fantastic builds. Looking forward to getting the Cinema & Parisian in the future.
I've got my Lego Movie Poster sticker ready and waiting for the theatre when we buy it. It's next on the list.

That santas workshop is a must buy! Without seeing the piece count it looks like a smaller size set so I can see it in the $60 - $70 range but because it's a holiday exclusive I can also see it going for $90 - $100

AWD had four of the awesome Friends Juice Bar sets for $18.29, almost bought it with the great Godzilla the Animated Series from the late 90s but I didn't get the job I wanted so I can't buy anything fun... Until I get super depressed and buy tons of crap.  :whistle2:D

For anyone visiting, or living in New York, tomorrow there will be a special Kids Fest event at Madison Square Park. LEGO will have a presence there with a few tables. If any of you are in the area, stop by and have a good time! There will be minibuilds and some fun activities going on.

I'll be there with my crew so don't hestitate to stop by and say, "Hi!" Mention you're from cheapassgamer of course. 

picked up The Hobbit set 79001 from walmart on clearance for $12 and Star Wars 7959 for $15... i'm not used to buying sets but i think those were good prices

Thanks! Unfortunately that covers every poly that Target carries. I guess they share the same just like Mini-Figure blocks do.
I was thinking that might be the case but didn't have anything to compare. So far I've found the movie polybag in one of the two Targets I go to. It's a nice little set but I only bought one. Saving up to buy the $50 movie police set.

Frys.com has some lego deals ranging from good to great. From what i can tell these seem to be the gems of the deals:

(also frys offers free shipping)

Lego Star Wars Duel on Geonosis 23.99 .It is out of stock but shipping may 30. 

Lego City Light Repair truck 4.99

Lego City Auto Transporter 17.99

Lego City Police 60046 Helicopter Surveillance 44.99

Are you talking about the big police truck set and the neat little motorcycle? It's been $33-$43 on AWD a few times in the last week.

I think I have a problem. I picked up the TMNT Mutation Chamber Unleashed set today entirely so I could take the Victor figure and give him a head swap to make Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Just got back from Target with a nice score, found a Death Star for $279!  I think it was a return from an online order, it was factory sealed.

I saw those at TRU Saturday as well. That Mech is so awesome as is the spaceship but I'll wait to get it at the Lego store in June. My wallet is gonna hate me. Plus Ghostbusters comes out. :(

I saw those at TRU Saturday as well. That Mech is so awesome as is the spaceship but I'll wait to get it at the Lego store in June. My wallet is gonna hate me. Plus Ghostbusters comes out. :(
I was going to do the same but with the 20% off coupon and stacking the $10 off $50 it was a no brainer. Mech and a poly for around $50 and Spaceship for $70.

I was going to do the same but with the 20% off coupon and stacking the $10 off $50 it was a no brainer. Mech and a poly for around $50 and Spaceship for $70.
20% coupon? Where is that? Plus $10 of $50? I thought TRU was really stingy about stacking? Would love to take advantage of this today on my commute home if possible.

20% coupon? Where is that? Plus $10 of $50? I thought TRU was really stingy about stacking? Would love to take advantage of this today on my commute home if possible.
Coupons are either attached to ads sent to you via mail or sent to you via email through rewards. These particular coupons were most likely sent via mail. There is no other way to get these coupons.

The current 20% coupon was sent out with the lastest Babies R Us Ad that started on 5/9.

Most of Toys R Us flyers sent out dated for 4/25 included 2 $10 off $50 coupons. The actual coupons on these can vary though and not everyone will get the same ones. I have seen some of these that included a 20% coupon.

You can stack 2 TRU coupons as long as they do not have the same wording(item or whole purchase) Of couse, you would have to get the employee to scan both coupons.

You can use

20% off any one item & $10 off a $50 purchase.

You can not use

2 20% off any one items or $10 off a $50 purchase & $5 off a $25 purchase for example.

Coupons are either attached to ads sent to you via mail or sent to you via email through rewards. These particular coupons were most likely sent via mail. There is no other way to get these coupons.

The current 20% coupon was sent out with the lastest Babies R Us Ad that started on 5/9.

Most of Toys R Us flyers sent out dated for 4/25 included 2 $10 off $50 coupons. The actual coupons on these can vary though and not everyone will get the same ones. I have seen some of these that included a 20% coupon.

You can stack 2 TRU coupons as long as they do not have the same wording(item or whole purchase) Of couse, you would have to get the employee to scan both coupons.

You can use

20% off any one item & $10 off a $50 purchase.

You can not use

2 20% off any one items or $10 off a $50 purchase & $5 off a $25 purchase for example.
Thanks, that's what I suspected. I recently got a 5 off 25+ in the mail but didn't want to miss a mailer that sent out 20% off.

I thought the 20% off ones had some wording that it didn't work on red hot deals or somesuch.  Are the new movie legos not part of that?  That usually covers a lot of their new/expensive stuff (like the new movie transformers leaders)

I thought the 20% off ones had some wording that it didn't work on red hot deals or somesuch. Are the new movie legos not part of that? That usually covers a lot of their new/expensive stuff (like the new movie transformers leaders)
You may be thinking of hot price items. As of now, the three new movie sets are not hot price items.

bread's done
Back