LEGO Deals 3

Any advice for some one just getting into legos? I went through amazon and added all the sets I'm interested in and it's over a grand haha. I'm planning on getting the Simpsons house as my first main set and might try some of the smaller batman/marvel sets too. Shold I wait until Black Friday, or do places have sales on a regular basis?
If you're after large sets like the Simpson's house and other exclusives, Lego banned all retailers from offering any discounts on them so unless you see a damaged set on AWD, there probably won't be any discounts. I've seen Walmart try to get around that by offering the set at MSRP and then with a gift card but they don't do that often.

For smaller sets, I don't think the black friday sales have been particularly good for Lego. Usually, target does a "door buster" type deal on a med to large (non-exclusive) set and walmart has been doing a decent price on a generic brick bucket for the past 2-3 years. Lego stores have some sets at a discount for bf as well but I've never been one to line up for that.

The after Christmas clearance at Target/Walmart can give better deals, usually, but again, not if you want exclusives.

Any advice for some one just getting into legos? I went through amazon and added all the sets I'm interested in and it's over a grand haha. I'm planning on getting the Simpsons house as my first main set and might try some of the smaller batman/marvel sets too. Shold I wait until Black Friday, or do places have sales on a regular basis?
It's nigh impossible to get a $150 or higher set for more than 20% off. That's usually an AWD or double points plus box damage points that come from purchasing in a lego store and come in the form of a gift certificate. Some Star Wars UCS has clearanced in the past but it's super rare and most larger sets go up in value immediately after getting discontinued. The bright side is expensive lego sets can almost always be seen as an investment.

Yeah my advise is don't triple post.
Oh snap!

In other CAG news the City Police Station is 30% off at my Target which might be at 50% at someone else's far superior Target. I don't collect City anymore but it looks like a pretty cool set if you can find it half off.

If you're after large sets like the Simpson's house and other exclusives, Lego banned all retailers from offering any discounts on them so unless you see a damaged set on AWD, there probably won't be any discounts. I've seen Walmart try to get around that by offering the set at MSRP and then with a gift card but they don't do that often.

For smaller sets, I don't think the black friday sales have been particularly good for Lego. Usually, target does a "door buster" type deal on a med to large (non-exclusive) set and walmart has been doing a decent price on a generic brick bucket for the past 2-3 years. Lego stores have some sets at a discount for bf as well but I've never been one to line up for that.

The after Christmas clearance at Target/Walmart can give better deals, usually, but again, not if you want exclusives.
You can thank resellers for that one, I'm glad they started banning people on the home site.

I wasn't snapping at him/her/it/they, just making fun. :lol:

And when I triple post they aren't the same thing. Ha!

I scored three fire trucks for $6 each. So happy. One goes to my cousin.

The Target closer to be was $20 still.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to the Batsignal event late unfortunately. I'm 4 pieces away from completing it. :(

Anybody see that they might be releasing Electro and Rocket Raccoon polybags? I wanted to get the Spider Trike set only for Electro, but I might hold off to see how the polybag will get released. Hopefully not too hard to come by.

Also, I'm looking for Goth Girl, Gamer, and Rock Star from Series 12 if anybody has extras....

Got to the Batsignal event late unfortunately. I'm 4 pieces away from completing it. :(

Anybody see that they might be releasing Electro and Rocket Raccoon polybags? I wanted to get the Spider Trike set only for Electro, but I might hold off to see how the polybag will get released. Hopefully not too hard to come by.

Also, I'm looking for Goth Girl, Gamer, and Rock Star from Series 12 if anybody has extras....
Apparently the Electro poly was one that didnt make it and they were giving them out at special events in a couple states only. The rocket raccoon poly (who is exactly like the SDCC version, yay!) is rumored to be in a combo pack with the Bluray at TRU.

Apparently the Electro poly was one that didnt make it and they were giving them out at special events in a couple states only. The rocket raccoon poly (who is exactly like the SDCC version, yay!) is rumored to be in a combo pack with the Bluray at TRU.
Yeah I did hear about the Rocket Polybag. Here's hoping.

I saw this the other day about the Electro Polybag being released at TRI later this year. Here's hoping!

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-marvel-tasm2-electro-polybag-5002125-available-at-toys-r-us-later-this-year/

Wife had the day off wooo, we went to TRU, arrived at 11, spent 30 minutes looking at various toys then got in line behind 12 other people. By noon there were enough in-line waiting to run them out already. We both got a signal :D Hers is going on her Arkham Asylum set, mine is going on a custom Gotham PD I'm building in the near-future.

Yeah I did hear about the Rocket Polybag. Here's hoping.

I saw this the other day about the Electro Polybag being released at TRI later this year. Here's hoping!

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-marvel-tasm2-electro-polybag-5002125-available-at-toys-r-us-later-this-year/
Oh nice....though with that polybag number, it makes it seem like a promo item which would probably mean its one that would be free with a minimum purchase of probably like $75 or something. Kinda doesnt make sense since that movie is already out on bluray too so there really nothing to release it with.

Put together the Doc Ock heist and Captain America vs Hydra sets, and scored a batsignal yesterday. Now I need another set to work on. Maybe the Batcave or Jokers funhouse.

I just watched about an hours worth of Lego videos on Youtube. Holy shit. There was this one skyline city setup. I just looked and was trying to guess how much was spent. Ya'll mufuckas serious. I just wanna build some cool comic book/movie shit and that simpsons house. I can't go all in with this city stuff. 

Has anybody tried getting Wal-Mart's ad mistake? They have a 900 pc star wars set shown for 19.99.
If you didn't get one Sunday Morning all the resellers picked them up as quickly as they could, the same thing happened with the pod racer set a few years ago.

I have the ad at home still. Going to try pm-ing at Target later. I saw over on SD that folks were still having success yesterday, haven't seen any reports today though. I know that TRU sent an email out telling all stores not to pm. Going to try Fry's too. They do pm and do carry Lego, just not sure if they carry this set. (edit - just checked Frys site, they carry them!)

Picked up three more 60002 City fire trucks for $5.98 each at Target!

I have the ad at home still. Going to try pm-ing at Target later. I saw over on SD that folks were still having success yesterday, haven't seen any reports today though. I know that TRU sent an email out telling all stores not to pm. Going to try Fry's too. They do pm and do carry Lego, just not sure if they carry this set. (edit - just checked Frys site, they carry them!)

Picked up three more 60002 City fire trucks for $5.98 each at Target!
I just had some good fortune at Target. I took one up to customer service with the ad to an employee that I never have pm success with. She looked it over and asked if it was the right product because the original price was supposed to be 24.99. I played stupid and said I was just checking for somebody else. She said she'd have to check Walmart's website. I figured I was going to get turned down. But then she was like "okay, Walmart's site says 19.99" I was shocked. When I got in my car, I checked the site and it said 83.02. So I don't know what she was looking at. Anyway, I asked if I could buy more and she said to go for it. Then she started telling other employees about them and they were going to buy some, too. I left one for them to fight over.

I think it'd fit well enough with the winter bakery from a few years ago; there's a frozen pond piece to that one too. If you're going for a whole winter motif.
I think the bigger problem is that it's just kind of boring. The pond piece from before told a story. This one just crams a bunch of stuff together and hopes for the best. It kind of does both things -- sledding and hockey -- poorly, and tops it off with a lamp for no apparent reason.

There's no question that it will fit in the general winter theme, but it feels phoned in. The reason to get sets is because of the design. I can throw together a bunch of random stuff that doesn't fit, too.

The second holiday set should have just been the sledding scene.  There was already as ice rink and if you aren't going to have hockey sticks or a full court then don't do it at all.

Sure, if you are buying stuff anyways a free set is a free set.  It' still the worst of the exclusive holiday give-away sets.

I almost got a 15x15 grey building plate for $7.50 on AWD, but right when I was checking out someone else must have grabbed it.

So I went to three different targets to price match the Star Wars ghost and all three said the same thing that it's a layaway down payment price and target doesn't do layaway. I wanted to laugh just because it shows layaway within the ad that it's not promoting everything on the page as layaway. I didn't want to argue cause I'm sick at the moment so I just said thank you and walked away.

Does anyone have an extra one for sale? Wanted to get one for my son since he is enjoying the tv show.

I bought the research institute set  and minecraft The End for my son today-  I earned double points at least.  Another holiday gift bought.

Darn.  I'm hoping to go to a LEGO Store tomorrow and was going to buy all of the holiday $10 sets, the reindeer, snowman, turkey and cat-bat.  Sadly the cat-bat is sold out.  I hope they have some at the store.  I think the 5th Ave store only had the Turkey and Snowman, and I didn't want to carry them.

My son got the batsignal at TRU.  They were all out, but one nice young girl gave it to him.  It made him super happy....although, he's been enjoying the comic book just as much.  I found it odd though, they never sold out of the past few we went too....like the small LEGO Star Wars stuff.  

On a side note, anything I should be looking for exclusive to a LEGO store, we;ll be going to one for my daughters bday in early November.

LEGO stores don't really have exclusives besides the wall of bricks.

I just went to one in Hartford. They had the Friends ice cream cart poly for $1.50. I got two along with the four small holiday sets.

I expected Target to raise the price to msrp, it must have been someone's mistake in the first place. I knew it was going to happen, that's why I spent over an hour feeling the packs for all the ones I wanted a few weeks ago when I scanned it and it showed only 2.99. Because I wasn't planning on paying 3.99 on principle.

We actually managed to get a store to set aside and ship us a research institute. Couldn't exactly get in-store during radiation treatments, and the employees apparently agreed to hold one and let us pay over phone. It is a wonderful set. Wife freaked out, didn't think she would ever see one in person.Right now it sits in front of the Parisian Restaurant.

Since it was the last day of the misprinted sale and I was out of town for the day my wife went to Walmart to attempt to get the $20 Ghost and .... Success! She said they had the misprint sign up in the toy section but all she did was show the ad on her phone to the cashier, he looked at it for a second, got the manager over to look and approve and that was that. Thought I was going to miss out on this sweet deal.

Missed out on the Ghost deal.  The signs were up and posted faster than the cashier's line.  I mean, much faster than that even ;)

Too bad; it would have been a fun build for my son and I.  We've made it over to Grandma's house once a week to watch every new "Rebels" episode.

The TRU Big Book comes out on Saturday.  I didn't have a chance to grab one from the back, but let's be honest, I doubt there is anything in it that will be worth the hassles.

And I forgot to mention when I was at the LEGO Store there were at least 10 containers full of 2x4 bricks ranging from Friends colors to simple regular blue and black.  I saw no shortage.

I got the Target Christmas toy catalog in the mail today.  All of the coupons exclude LEGO, bleh.  Cartwheel though, will have a different toy for 50% off every day from November 1st until Christmas.  So hopefully there's something interesting that appears there.

bread's done
Back