LEGO Deals 3

Sadly with working nights I never can buy the stuff, now I'm out of town.  I would have loved to save 15% and then the 10% then the free TMNT LEGO.

Whooo! Detective Office!

10246-1.jpg

That's a pretty cool design.  Now that I missed the town hall, I think I'm going to stop buying these though.  I don't have room for them all and my wallet will be happier.

I like the barber pole.

Someone mentioned on Reddit that all the minifigs have the same face... Can't unsee it now.
That's the classic Minifig face; it's a branding thing. It's been like that for all modulars. I hate that they never updated it but I guess I understand.

I managed to take a look at their street date/hold list the other day. It is in the system with a street date of 11/16. But there is another product hold date of 11/21. Even with the street date, stores were technically supposed to hold them for the 21st.
I called ahead and was told this as well. They told me they could sell them but would not put them out on the floor until the 21st. I didn't want to take a chance so I went down there and bought two. I had the 15% off coupon too and was glad to see it was off the whole purchase and not just one item. Didn't see Mikey's shellraiser though.

Psyched about the Detective Agency, can't wait!

Yeah all the modulars have the same classic face print. I don't mind it. If I want to get fancy I can always repurpose CMF's.

I'm sure y'all get tired of answering this, so apologies in advance.

It's been a long time since I've bought Legos, and I'm eyeballing the Horizon train (10233). Does Lego's shop website do Black Friday anything, or am I just as well buying now and being done with it?

I'm sure y'all get tired of answering this, so apologies in advance. It's been a long time since I've bought Legos, and I'm eyeballing the Horizon train (10233). Does Lego's shop website do Black Friday anything, or am I just as well buying now and being done with it?
I haven't heard about it this year but you can call and get your answer but they usually have random cards at check out that give you a percentage off up to I believe 50% off, which is the hardest one to get.

I'm not sure if it excludes some of the larger/harder to find sets which seem to be excluded more and more. I've never gone myself, never wanted to deal with the mall crowd.

I'm sure y'all get tired of answering this, so apologies in advance. It's been a long time since I've bought Legos, and I'm eyeballing the Horizon train (10233). Does Lego's shop website do Black Friday anything, or am I just as well buying now and being done with it?
I think last year they did triple VIP points and a free small Christmas set.

When Cafe Corner came out there were no mini figures in Creator sets. So it doesn't matter what they use now.
They set the precedent with the modulars by having vanilla mini as the default in Cafe Corner. Other creator sets have gone on to have much cooler more unique minis. I guess I should just be happy they started doing interiors even though they didn't have to.

Last edited by a moderator:
They set the precedent with the modulars by having vanilla mini as the default in Cafe Corner. Other creator sets have gone on to have much cooler more unique minis. I guess I should just be happy they started doing interiors even though they didn't have to.
I think they want all the same type of sets to be the same type, and that's why they are all classic smilies. Creator sets are are theme so they have detailed faces, these big sets are their own theme with just simple mini figures.

Some new mini figures and helmets and such. Getting hot dog guy!

http://www.pockyland.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=64272&extra=&page=5

I think they want all the same type of sets to be the same type, and that's why they are all classic smilies. Creator sets are are theme so they have detailed faces, these big sets are their own theme with just simple mini figures.

Some new mini figures and helmets and such. Getting hot dog guy!

http://www.pockyland.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=64272&extra=&page=5
What's up with the simpsons heads? They aren't doing another series are they?

Yes they are supposed to be doing a second series of them. I believe this was announced before the first one even came out, maybe not tho.
Not officially but the series that will be out in the summer will be Simpsons. Or maybe it was official, I can't remember now.

Looking at the elf hat, ears head and it must be for the new Elves line but it looks like it would be perfect for a classic Green Goblin minifig

Not officially but the series that will be out in the summer will be Simpsons. Or maybe it was official, I can't remember now.
hah yeah exactly...i know it was leaked but not sure if lego actually announced it or confirmed it but it was basically confirmed on its own. These picks definitely do now though lol, shows that Groundskeeper Willie, Dr Hibbert, and Santas little helper will be 3 of them. I expect maybe the teacher or principal, Moe, Barney, sideshow bob, smithers, maybe the pet cat since they have the dog, comicbook guy, and not sure who else but I cant imagine any other series being made...should definitely have all the major characters. I enjoyed the Simpsons growing up and I enjoy the minifig sets. I wouldnt buy any actual sets for them so I think the figures are perfect. Id like the house but its too much for the amount I care for them. Ive gotten burnt out on the random minifigures (and most that I wanted I missed)...though as a kid it would have been the greatest ever. I wish they'd do more licensed series but not a big deal if they dont since it saves me money haha. :)

I really wish I used the 15% off coupon and my 10% off from being an employee of TRU for about another 10 minutes (Honestly the worst company I have ever worked for, and I worked for McDonalds.) to get some of the new series of mini figures, the rodent Marvel guy, some Friends stuff before the 2015 sets come out.

Asked the guy at Gamestop and he gave me a plastic man.

Also put together the Daily Bugle and Lex's kryptonite mech over the weekend. Daily Bugle was a super fun build. Makes me want to pick up some modular buildings to round out the scene.

So, is it like the last one? Where it will be gone in like minutes? I Did the star wars ones and they did not run out, BAT SIGNAL was a line from what I was told.

I stopped at TRU today, no Raccoon....no Poly Bags at all. Wanted one for the kids
The wording on this event seems to be one where you build what you want from a bunch pieces and take what you build home. There is no specific build like the Star Wars and Bat signal.And they usually give a higher quantity of bricks to the store for these events.

Everytime one of these events was run when I was working there, there were always extra pieces the following Monday when I came into work.

Went to two seperate Gamestops.

Neither one wanted to give me a Plastic Man.

So I'm making a request here, if you can get an extra one I would pay shipping and some profit to someone.

Got an email on special VIP Holiday offers for tomorrow. Skeptical that it could be anything good. Anyone know what they are already?

Got an email on special VIP Holiday offers for tomorrow. Skeptical that it could be anything good. Anyone know what they are already?
I suggest going because there will be (probably bad) sales, but there is a free gift, so might as well see what the free gift is.

I'm going to try and get Olivia's house after work. Still on the fence about the at ap. It's a good cost per brick though.

The superman set was $34 at Wal-Mart yesterday fyi so not a great deal there.

Olivia's House set is tough to find around me if you trust the stock locator. Was able to find one store that had it, though.

Double VIP points

Winter Scene (Holiday Promo 2, aka a bunch of random crap)

Free shipping

So, the "special" VIP offer is...pretty much what they had last time they had double points, for an entire month, but only for a day, which they will repeat on Thursday. Whee.

Debating Olivia's House. I have so far resisted the Friends side of the Lego pool. That's at least an exciting deal.

bread's done
Back