LEGO Deals 3

I want Doctor Who!

All of the next review is branded things isn't it?

And you bring up a very good legal issue. What if the set isn't based on the Ideas set but was planned before it? Could the Ideas person sue LEGO for (seemingly) stealing the idea?
My guess is the user agreement for Cuusoo has verbage that states the user gives up any right to their creation and that Lego owns any idea submitted to the site, similar to the way Facebook gains ownership over any of your photos that you upload.

Then there's also the fact, like Fatbot mentioned, that the ideas are based on licensed properties of which an average person uploading a Lego creation isn't going to have a license for.

No because it's not based on an original IP, making it extremely difficult to prove that it's wholly original. Plus, the only helicarrier I remember seeing on ideas was a monstrosity that never possibly go into production.
Yeah, just ask the guy who submitted Elsa's castle. He's gotta be pretty ticked.

The series 13 look pretty nice. I want the snake charmer and carpenter, and unicorn, and king, and samurai, and hot dog guy. Of course, I bet all but the carpenter is rarer.

Walmart has the former European exclusive set for $40 that has 1600 pieces...

Online and in stock from Canada, not sure if it will ship to USA...

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-bricks-more-lego-lego-creative-tower-10664/6000189477534?utm_source=Linkshare&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_content=10&utm_campaign=R/1WEHEfGiI&siteID=R_1WEHEfGiI-lqEOnvw1_kUdgAVSfHuAxA&wmlspartner=R/1WEHEfGiI

And if anyone thinks the price of CMF will go down, they won't.  The page showing all of them has a price of 2.99 Euro, that's $3.75.  It's an increase of .50 Euro over Simpsons and Series 12, which are about $3.13.

Last edited by a moderator:
$10 more than their deal a few years back. I got two of the 1600XXL boxes for $30 each at wm.com a few years ago. $40 is still a helluva deal, especially if you're just getting into LEGO.

Yeah, just ask the guy who submitted Elsa's castle. He's gotta be pretty ticked.
You gotta know going in that if LEGO already has a license, you getting something through in that line on Ideas is slim. I'm hoping that Jurassic Park set makes it, but I'm not holding my breath. That's unique though since the LEGO licensed stuff will probably all be branded Jurassic World.

Those birds look really nice. Still no interest in them though.
They look nice. They don't look $45 nice. I guess it's good that they are branching out into other interests and it's not just nerd properties. It also makes it easier to pass on it and save the money for something else.

The series 13 look pretty nice. I want the snake charmer and carpenter, and unicorn, and king, and samurai, and hot dog guy. Of course, I bet all but the carpenter is rarer.
I will say this for the current series: the numbers in the mix were a lot better. I didn't have any problems getting a complete set and a few extras of the best ones this time.

And if anyone thinks the price of CMF will go down, they won't. The page showing all of them has a price of 2.99 Euro, that's $3.75. It's an increase of .50 Euro over Simpsons and Series 12, which are about $3.13.
I don't care if MSRP never goes down, so long as Target keeps putting them on extended sales/price cuts.

I agree the new series looks better. There's a lot of neat ones, and over half I really want. That said, it's a lady cyclops because...lipstick? Really?

Why are there ninja eyes under the Hot Dog Guy's hand? It looks like he's holding a jar of angry relish.

I went to two TRUs this week. Neither ever had the GS mech. The only ones they have are the ones nobody wants. The 50% off Kreo also applied to clearance, so I picked up a Star Trek transporter set for $2.50 and the GI Joe set with Destro and the Baroness for $15. Debated and passed on the rest.

I did pick up two Rocket Raccoons. The store I went to earlier this week had none and no evidence of ever having any. The one I went to today had tons of the TMNT and Raccoon polys.

The $40 price for the bucket is in Canada, the USA price is $30 but not for sale yet.

I'm looking for several (like 3-5, I want two and a friend wants a few.) of the rocket Raccoon if anyone wants to trade.

My Targets hardly had any, one never seemed to have any.  The only place I see them at was TRU and the other day at Walmart for $4.

Free Jor El poly with Dc Super hero, and flashback Shredder with TMNT purchase. Bought keychains for both themes and got polys free.

Free Jor El poly with Dc Super hero, and flashback Shredder with TMNT purchase. Bought keychains for both themes and got polys free.
Does anyone know if free shipping is coming back tomorrow? I have $5 in rewards, I'd buy two keychains with free shipping and $5 off I can get for things for $5.50 after tax.

Where is this available?
shop.lego.com

I'm probably going to brave the crowds tomorrow to the Lego Store to pick up this year's holiday set and some other sets. Want to get the double promo of the free calendar and the free set. Calendar has coupons for three minifigures.

Too bad there's no free shipping. $10 is a bit much for jor el
There will be free shipping in two minutes!

I had $5 rewards so I bought a TMNT keychain, a batgirl keychain keychain to get the two free poles and a $5 Turkey. All for ~$10.50 shipped.

The site is now down!

why dose it have to be so slow. trying to get some dark grey 2x2 tiles a wonder women keychain.
Because LEGO website is one of the worst, if not the worst, shopping website ever. You think after YEARS of issues they would fix it, they don't. I haven't had as many issues on all the other sites I use combined than I do with LEGO's.

Thankfully I was counting down and waiting for exactly midnight to come in with free shipping.

And last year when they had free shipping on "any order" it didm not include pick-a-brick.

I went to TRU website because I was still debating buying Vermin Vaporizer and the jet looking one (which I already had).  I snooze, and I lose!  They are OOS, so I'm going to get the little $7.50 set just for the blue robot mini figure.  

Another reason I hate TRU.

I worked nights for three weeks that I would have been paid time and a half, that be $13.50 for me.

Week 1 - $12.3725

Week 2 - $13.50

Week 3 - $12.00

:wall:

I went to 2 Walmarts at about 2 am and picked up a couple TV seasons on DVD. Wasn't expecting to find the Lego box at that point and didn't. Couldn't quite figure out their system for toys. Just "while supplies last" bins throughout the aisles.

My son and I stopped in Walmart at about 9:30 pm after everything had been pretty much wiped out.  We found one Lego box in a reshop cart up front.  It pays to walk around the whole store after the chaos as stuff ends up everywhere.

My son and I stopped in Walmart at about 9:30 pm after everything had been pretty much wiped out. We found one Lego box in a reshop cart up front. It pays to walk around the whole store after the chaos as stuff ends up everywhere.
Thats where I found the duplo one, we were 5 minutes to late according to the clerk that helped my wife. We didn't get into the store until after 10:30, I thought about going there one my own while my wife shopped at Macys and JC Pennys but didn't, can't win them all.

So are the Lego Jor El's gone?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm just dumb.
It's still there, the Hulk is not DC. :lol:

I have a Shedder around here somewhere I traded for.

Here is my somewhat trading list (Some doubles I might need for a MOC).

Series 5

Clown

Japanese Princess

Grandma

Dwarf

Boxer

Series 6

Butcher

Alien / EBE

Doctor

Robot

Series 7

Nerd

Human Space Hunter

Rock Woman

Series 8

Skier

Fairy

Alien Queen

Series 9

Roller Skater x2

Alien Space Hunter

Cyclop

Chicken Suit

Two Face x2

Roller Skater x2

Forest Woman

Series 10

Baseball

Paint Baller

Series 11

Welder

ELF

Grandma

Female Doctor

Islander x2

Mountain Climber

Scarecrow

Yeti x2

Diner Server x2

Gingerbread Man

Sax Player (I think)

Thanks for the update on the free Shredder polybag. I was gonna order Batgirl last night but didn't want to pay shipping. Glad I waited til today, $10 for 2 keychains and those 2 polybags is a great deal, especially considering I missed out on both of these earlier in the year.

lol, I know my Marvel/DC. I just didn't realize the Jor El poly was for DC super heroes, and I had a Wyldchild keychain in my cart.
I thought it was for all Super Heroes and then everyone at Toys n' Bricks went nuts at me. I don't care what is Marvel / DC, but I understand the rights. Fox wrecks Fantastic Four movies and will make XMen movies forever, Sony redoes the Spiderman movies to a boring death.

So Eurobricks has a review of the new CMF series.  Some look really awesome, I hope I can find them for $3 because I need a hot dog guy and an evil wizard.

The breakdown....

4 Classic Kings

4 Sheriffs
3 Unicorn Girls
4 Snake Charmers
5 Goblins
3 Paleontologists 
4 Alien Troopers
4 Egyptian Warriors
5 Carpenters
4 Evil Wizards
3 Fencers
3 Samurai
3 Disco Divas
3 Hot Dog Men
3 Lady Cyclops
5 Galaxy Troopers

So Eurobricks has a review of the new CMF series. Some look really awesome, I hope I can find them for $3 because I need a hot dog guy and an evil wizard.

The breakdown....

4 Classic Kings

4 Sheriffs
3 Unicorn Girls
4 Snake Charmers
5 Goblins
3 Paleontologists
4 Alien Troopers
4 Egyptian Warriors
5 Carpenters
4 Evil Wizards
3 Fencers
3 Samurai
3 Disco Divas
3 Hot Dog Men
3 Lady Cyclops
5 Galaxy Troopers
im getting classic king, unicorn girl and hot dog man

Target is offering a 4 minifigure gift set for either $15 or free with $50+ purchase of select City, Chima, Super Heroes, or Ninjago.  They really do mean 'select', as many of the newer SH sets are not eligible, and, weirdly, a few of the old ones aren't, either.  Combine that with not everything being in stock online and good luck.

The set includes Superboy, "some kind of city park ranger", and supposedly new versions of Lloyd and Lavertus.

You didn't stick it this holiday season, were they dicking you around with the hours?
Oh yeah. Was told hours would pick up in mid October. November 10th still cutting my hours when I was there they made me leave in the middle of the night.

Then they would "revise" the schedule when they want then call asking why I wasn't there. No longer worth the trouble. I'm trying to schedule interviews with Home Depot and Lowes but their hiring processes are horrible.

bread's done
Back