LEGO Deals 3

Target is offering a 4 minifigure gift set for either $15 or free with $50+ purchase of select City, Chima, Super Heroes, or Ninjago. They really do mean 'select', as many of the newer SH sets are not eligible, and, weirdly, a few of the old ones aren't, either. Combine that with not everything being in stock online and good luck.

The set includes Superboy, "some kind of city park ranger", and supposedly new versions of Lloyd and Lavertus.
I couldn't find the promo mini figs in-store. Is this online only?

Yeah earlier yesterday it was shown as sold in store and a few people at brickset posted pics of them on the shelves, so they are definitely in stores (if not already gone). As of last night they were still $15 on the website by themselves tho. Also, from what I read to get one free in store you have to purchase a $50+ single set but online its just a total of $50 for select lego themes. I grabbed a super heroes set and ninjago set I needed as christmas gifts.

Yeah in the weekly ad it says it needed to be a single set, but online there are 97 sets (some now sold out) you can choose from.

Walmart has the big bucket of blocks for $35 instead of $30 but they can be shipped to your house now.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Giant-Creative-Tower-1-600-pieces-with-storage-box/39665299
Shipped for an extra $5, or pick up in store if you're lucky. I'm tempted, but have too many loose bricks already.

edit: yeah, OOS. It was posted on SD, so I'm not surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was in stock when I posted it.  I made sure to double check.  great price, but most of it is small pieces and 2x2 in common colors which I don't need.

It was in stock when I posted it. I made sure to double check. great price, but most of it is small pieces and 2x2 in common colors which I don't need.
It went OOS about 5 minutes after you posted, though it had been in stock pretty much since midnight. I got my Mom a couple about an hour earlier and when I checked again at 9:30 it was gone.

TRU polys online with FREE shipping, all 4.99 each:

LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mikey's Mini-Shellraiser (30271) - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=35290796&cp=2255956.2273442.2255962.3696486.31151746&parentPage=family

LEGO Avengers Guardians of The Galaxy Accessory Pack - Rocket Raccoon (5002145) - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=45754596&cp=2255956.2273442.2255962.3696486.31151746&parentPage=family

LEGO Ninjago Battle Pack (5002144) - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=45754616&cp=2255956.2273442.2255962.3696486.31151746&parentPage=family

Where are those target minifigs supposed to be? I'm here now, but don't see them.

Edit: I couldn't find them because they are all sold out.

$15 a set available at target right now, limit 2 per person. I wasn't able to get the deal (free with purchase) so I said screw it and picked it up at cost.

I got min star wars advent calendar from target, but it was a few weeks ago. I don't know if you have a Kroger grocery store near you, but I've seen them there too.

In regards to Advent calendars, two years ago I was psyched that the Lego store still had some, for clearance at that, a couple days into December.  Last year I decided I would take the same approach but no dice. From what I have observed since then, in my area, they dry up early now. Last year I was never able to find a Friends one for my wife. Called everywhere. They only make limited amounts and couple that with Lego now being the #1 toy maker in the world. This year my wife wouldn't let me make the same mistake. We bought the Friends and City ones almost as soon as they came out. I haven't been keeping an eye out since then but will check the situation when I go to the Lego store mini build today. Your best bet is to give Target and TRU the DPCI and items numbers and have them check all stock for area stores or call your local Lego store.

Oh and I have read reports that that Target minifigure set is available in store. Not all stores have them in yet.

In regards to Advent calendars, two years ago I was psyched that the Lego store still had some, for clearance at that, a couple days into December. Last year I decided I would take the same approach but no dice. From what I have observed since then, in my area, they dry up early now. Last year I was never able to find a Friends one for my wife. Called everywhere. They only make limited amounts and couple that with Lego now being the #1 toy maker in the world. This year my wife wouldn't let me make the same mistake. We bought the Friends and City ones almost as soon as they came out. I haven't been keeping an eye out since then but will check the situation when I go to the Lego store mini build today. Your best bet is to give Target and TRU the DPCI and items numbers and have them check all stock for area stores or call your local Lego store.

Oh and I have read reports that that Target minifigure set is available in store. Not all stores have them in yet.
Really? I bought one for my niece after being kinda disappointed with a city one, though I don't know what I should have expected. Interesting to know they become hard to find. I could see my son enjoying it a lot more at 6 though.

Lego every few years makes WAY too many advent calendars and sell them for 75% off.  So the next year they don't make enough, then the third year they make about the right amount.  This is the third year in that cycle, they are probably going quickly.

Question for the collector's: I generally don't buy LEGO to resell; however, I picked up a LEGO Chima Lion Temple for a good price and tried hinting to my son to see if he would like it....doesn't really show any.  OH well....my question is, should I try to sell now on eBay (it appears they are going for $125 and up)?  OR, do I hold on to it for like a year or two and see if it goes up higher?   Not sure if the CHIMA stuff is collectible or not.

Lego every few years makes WAY too many advent calendars and sell them for 75% off. So the next year they don't make enough, then the third year they make about the right amount. This is the third year in that cycle, they are probably going quickly.
Sounds about right. They way overproduced last year. I buy them in Oct. for double VIP points and end up regretting it because of all the sales and clearances.

Sounds about right. They way overproduced last year. I buy them in Oct. for double VIP points and end up regretting it because of all the sales and clearances.
To me the year they were way overproduced was two years ago. Or the one with Maal in a Santa suit. I got one in April for $22. I used to get they 66-75% off.

But LEGO tries to correct it by guessing and sometimes does it poorly. This year I think they did a good job, I'm sure there are still a few in stores, but online is probably all gone.

Question for the collector's: I generally don't buy LEGO to resell; however, I picked up a LEGO Chima Lion Temple for a good price and tried hinting to my son to see if he would like it....doesn't really show any. OH well....my question is, should I try to sell now on eBay (it appears they are going for $125 and up)? OR, do I hold on to it for like a year or two and see if it goes up higher? Not sure if the CHIMA stuff is collectible or not.
Hard to tell, but I don't personally see Chima going up that much. It doesn't have quite the draw that Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc have.

Maybe when the kids who are playing with it turn 20-30 and have disposable income, it'll go up. But that's just a guess.

To me the year they were way overproduced was two years ago. Or the one with Maal in a Santa suit. I got one in April for $22. I used to get they 66-75% off.

But LEGO tries to correct it by guessing and sometimes does it poorly. This year I think they did a good job, I'm sure there are still a few in stores, but online is probably all gone.
I didn't get last years, I think that one the fett figure. I was waiting for them to go on clearance but they never really did.

Hard to tell, but I don't personally see Chima going up that much. It doesn't have quite the draw that Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc have.

Maybe when the kids who are playing with it turn 20-30 and have disposable income, it'll go up. But that's just a guess.
Thanks, I may try to sell during Xmas to offset the cost of gifts this year.

I'd agree with this. I got the same for my son at the lego outlet for 50 bucks but thankfully he really wants it. So far the rarest stuff has been smaller discontinued runs like Monster Fighters and the always popular modulars. I bet the Lion Temple sits around 150 for a looong time as it was mass produced and went on clearance for a reason.

So, anyone need the new minifigure wave? Series 12? Looking to trade for older ones, if anyone has a list lmk. We have 1 complete extra set and a lot of spares beyond that too.

So, anyone need the new minifigure wave? Series 12? Looking to trade for older ones, if anyone has a list lmk. We have 1 complete extra set and a lot of spares beyond that too.
I don't know which ones I need, but there are some from Series 13 I like. I have a list a few pages back, minus a few that have already been claimed.

I wonder what the chances of S@H getting Santas workshop back in stock before Christmas is.
Who knows? I was at my local Lego store on Monday and someone else was in asking about it. It was not in stock at this store, nor the next closest one.

It seems weird to me that this set "sold out" since, apart from the reindeer and minifigs, is kind of lackluster. I put off buying it because I just wasn't feeling it. I only really want it now because I have the rest of my winter stuff out. Maybe it's popular because the price is relatively low for a Winter themed set? It's also weird to me that Lego would have so underestimated demand.

I don't particularly care if Lego never gets more. The workshop itself is blah. I bought a bunch of extra elf figures from Series 11, so I'm pretty good there. If I really want to, I can piece out the reindeer and sled, and even improve them.

Ahh, yeah, that's the one I was thinking of. I don't even remember last years.

The fiancee loved Santa's Workshop. I don't really get all the hate. It's great as a seasonal decoration/diorama, so the workshop not being a complete building isn't a big deal. We got it with the first holiday set, which expands this set even more.

The only weird part is the conveyer belt.

I put together Santas workshop last weekend, personally I really like it. Have a whole set up with everything but the post office. Gonna take some pics this weekend

And yeah, it was the maul advent calendar that was over produced. I got that one on clearance the first week of December 2012 and even saw it at toys r us months later.

Ahh, yeah, that's the one I was thinking of. I don't even remember last years.
That's because most stores still had the Maal one. :lol: Last year was one of the Fett's, which they didn't make enough because of the over done 2012. So this year is the perfect amount. Next year I can't wait, it means they will make too many and be on clearance. :)

That's because most stores still had the Maal one. :lol: Last year was one of the Fett's, which they didn't make enough because of the over done 2012. So this year is the perfect amount. Next year I can't wait, it means they will make too many and be on clearance. :)
Well that's easy. Buy it early and return the clearanced one if it gets that far.

But then if it's not on clearance I will be out $40 because I won't be returning it. (Let's be honest no one ever returns LEGO).  :)

bread's done
Back