LEGO Deals 3

Shit!  They canceled one of my two orders.  I understand there are scalpers this time of year, but come on with the 1 limit.   It's Christmas and lots of families have more than one child.  They way they have handled this set from the beginning has just been fubar. 

Oh well, got my mom's card and am shipping one to her house.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's me. The collector in me would like all the cuusoo/ideas but not only am I just not that interested, I also am a stickler against expensive shipping.
Shipping is normally $5-$6 on sites and free over $50. Shipping used to be only $3 for up to $25, but $5 shipping on a $20 set is outrageous, but that's pretty much LEGO Store for you now-a-days. Pricing outrageous, sales outrageously bad, not making enough of a set.

Shit! They canceled one of my two orders. I understand there are scalpers this time of year, but come on with the 1 limit. It's Christmas and lots of families have more than one child. They way they have handled this set from the beginning has just been fubar.

Oh well, got my mom's card and am shipping one to her house.
Did it actually get cancelled?

I only ordered one and I got a cancellation email and gave them a call. They told me cancellation emails got sent out by mistake and mine was in the warehouse. My order is good to go.

Amazon had the Elsa's Castle set up for pre-order today... and sold it out in about an hour. I have until March 5th to find one, and it appears that my best chance will be day of release. I liked the movie, but damn, this stuff is crazy popular.

On the pre-order note, The Double Decker Couch!

I still can't believe that's only $15!
Same here, crazy. I already have one that I bought off ebay just the couch pieces for like $15 but this comes with all those great figs too! I managed to get one of those Elsa castle preorders on Amazon but Target stores in the Atlanta area have already started selling them. I live about an hour and a half away so driving would cost me too much in gas and its not guaranteed I would even find any. If anyone in that area has any in stock, I have a list of possible sets id be willing to offer up if any are of interest and a CAG could hook me up.

#9526 - Palpatine's Arrest
#6873 - Spider-Man's Doc Ock Ambush
#75038 - Jedi Interceptor
#75040 - General Grievous' Wheel Bike
#21103 - BttF The DeLorean Time Machine Cuusoo
#5002145 - Rocket Raccoon Polybag
#30302 - Spider-Man Glider Polybag
#30300 - The Batman Tumbler Polybag

TRU has minifigures 2 for 5 today and tomorrow (Friday and Saturday) only. That really sucks for me because I was just there buying some of the walking dead figure sets that are now 30% off and I saw no signage for the 2 for 5 minifigures. I did notice at my store two days ago they had a bunch of the rocket racoons left but none were left today. I am thinking those were part of the 2 for 5 and someone bought them all. 

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=3395098&ab=Tru_homepage_aspot:1:Super-2-day-sale-Great#Super+2+Day+Sale

There is a link to the deal, in store only. 

$5 shipping isn't terrible(I doubt any of us could ship the same set for $5), we're all just spoiled by Prime. It's just annoying paying shipping twice when they should just let you order two.

Did it actually get cancelled?

I only ordered one and I got a cancellation email and gave them a call. They told me cancellation emails got sent out by mistake and mine was in the warehouse. My order is good to go.
I got three emails. One order confirmation for one and two(one for each order) "cannot ship to a PO Box, call LEGO CS with an address" message. Called to see what was up (emails were a mistake) and the CSR said only one order went through.

$5 shipping isn't terrible(I doubt any of us could ship the same set for $5), we're all just spoiled by Prime.
I don't have prime! But when Toys R Us can ship something cheaper than LEGO I have issues. Plus once again shipping being 25% th cost of the set is just too much.

How do you figure?  I just dropped a random $20 set (Creator Forest Animals) in my TRU cart and shipping was $8.  Same set on Amazon without Prime?  $6.30.   Just shipping a book in an envelope runs $4.  $5 for a LEGO box isn't that bad, by comparison.

I'm not defending it, but I don't think the chasm is as great as you think it is.

I thought I replied, but I guess I didn't.

My problem is shipping on LEGO used to be $3 to $25, which I would buy more because I'd buy little sets on sale and maybe a few PaB. They should do it $3 to $25 or $5 to $50.

But my bigger issue is the fact JUST MAKE MORE OF THE SET! I was at a LEGO shore 5 weeks ago, I could have bought it then. I would have bought it during double points, or on days with free shipping. Instead they only allow one to be bought and expect me to pay $5 to ship the damn thing?  No thanks.

On a different subject...

Umm... OK....

https://www.pley.com/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Free+Trial

Somebody mentioned this to me and my son and we both scratched our heads about.  I guess if you think of Lego sets as "puzzles" then you might join, but otherwise I can't see wanting to do it.  And there are so many logistical problems with the business I can't see it being successful for long.

On mobile, and out still, but you guys should check the Target stock checker for the Frozen Elsa Castle. Just found some.
Had to ask someone with a handheld scanner after finding out which store had stock.

(DCPI - 086-14-2474)

series 13 Minifigs are hitting the shelves in NW Fred Meyer locations. Plus some sort of 1 day sale on Lego?  not sure on the details, I'll update after I stop by one

On mobile, and out still, but you guys should check the Target stock checker for the Frozen Elsa Castle. Just found some.
Had to ask someone with a handheld scanner after finding out which store had stock.

(DCPI - 086-14-2474)
Yeah you can also use this, finally found one myself. Someone had the jasmine number too on brickset.

http://brickseek.com/sets/target_inventory

Here are the DCPI numbers for the new sets:

Jasmine's Exotic Palace: 086-14-2486

Sleeping Beauty's Royal Bedroom: 086-14-2472

Elsa's Sparkling Ice Castle: 086-14-2474

Ariel's Undersea Palace: 086-14-2487

Somebody mentioned this to me and my son and we both scratched our heads about. I guess if you think of Lego sets as "puzzles" then you might join, but otherwise I can't see wanting to do it. And there are so many logistical problems with the business I can't see it being successful for long.
It's been around for awhile now. I didn't think it would last, but there it still is.

I can actually see the appeal, especially since space is constantly an issue for me. If most of my enjoyment is the build process, why not? The only thing is the large set cost is $39 a month. At that price, storage be damned. I'll buy the things and put up with the mess.

this morning’s email from lego.com:

double points today only for VIP purchases

this deal is for in-store purchases and online both

I picked one up along with two Elisa's castle. Only one store in the area that had them.

Umbaran Tank on sale at Target for $30...40% off isn't bad. They had another Movie set for 40% off too.
Thanks for this. The movie set is 70812 Creative Ambush for 23.99

I don't have either one. They're sold out for shipping, but both were available for store pickup at a store local to me, so I can pick them up tomorrow. Thanks!

Anybody find this year's Lego X-Mas set (Santa's Workshop)? It seems to be sold out everywhere. My wife and I are newer to Lego collecting. Will this be something they get back in stock? 

Anybody find this year's Lego X-Mas set (Santa's Workshop)? It seems to be sold out everywhere. My wife and I are newer to Lego collecting. Will this be something they get back in stock?
It should come back into stock, but not for awhile. Someone said February I think.

Not sure why they'd run more of the Winter series after the holidays.  Don't they usually just let stock run out until next fall?

Not sure why they'd run more of the Winter series after the holidays. Don't they usually just let stock run out until next fall?
No. The holiday sets used to be around for more than one Christmas. This one LEGO screwed up on and sells well, for a shocking change LEGO decided to make more!

I think it's cause of the price and theme. The previous winter villages were just white sets that cost $100. This is a Santa set that cost $70.

I'll be happy once the holidays are behind us, along with all the holiday set talk, so we can focus on what should really be everyone's focal point from now until forever -

Lego Jurassic Park sets ... :razz:

You mean the Lego Dinosaur sets from a couple years back, taken out of a warehouse, with Jurassic World stickers slapped on the box?

Edit: Clever girl.

Ykp0Ynt.jpg

http://catalogs.lego.com/BrandCatalog/de_de/1HY2015/

The lighthouse is only $40, the new animal friends are nice. The new Quinjet is weird colors.
The new Chima stuff is OK I guess. The Pirate Ship seems like a huge missed opportunity though I suppose I can't expect all big sets to be like a modular building. The Frozen Castle looks like it was designed by a 9 year old. Considering Disney sold a million of those 50 dollar dresses I figured they could make a better castle.

bread's done
Back