LEGO Deals 3

Corvin, can I be a lost child of yours? :)

Merry Christmas!

Some great Christmas news, next summer the City sets are a few Space sets and a bunch of.... Underwater sets! I love underwater set.

We didn't have a big Christmas this year because of the 5 month old and money's for him :) but my sneaky wife managed to start my collection for him and I with an Ecto-1 set. Pretty cool way to start any suggestions building that set, ie hard sections or instructions unclear

My wife bought me the millennium falcon, mos eisly cantons, and an at-ap. My daughter got the friends school and Olivia house. I'm burnt out on building after one day.

I want the MF but can't bring myself to spend that much on LEGO when I already don't have the room and don't know where I'll be moving this year (aka across country).

Sets I really want are an AT-AT, MF and a pirate ship. I already have a big space ship, castle, and train. I buy everything I have always wanted as a kid.  :)

My mom bought be a ton of LEGO for Christmas, pretty much everything I wanted and some clearance sets. The $10 Friend sets, the plumbing truck from the movie, the big tree LotR set, and the Hobbit House (which she got for like $44 at Kmart. :lol:)

Any Chima stuff? Looking to get some bigger sets if there's anything left.
I saw some sets, really didn't pay attention since I don't care for the theme. I saw the airport fire engine, the big ship, droid gunship, at-ap, wave 1 of the small star wars sets, vulture droid, hulk lab smash, lego friends high school, creator eagle, creator mouse.

Saw a bunch of the new sets, they are getting minecraft in stock if you like those.

The last day I was at TRU there was about 100 of them in top stock, I don't think that set sold well at all.
For $10 they are good enough for my kids!

One of the Kroger Marketplace locations I went to today, had a large amount of small sets 50% off.  The other had nothing marked down, so who knows how YMMV it is.  It included all of the Star Wars Microfighters and Battle Packs, several of the $20 city ones, and a few tiny creator sets.

Didnt hero factory just come out? Found some sets on clearance.
Just come out? In the summer. They are probably being phased out for Bionicle.

I'm reorganizing my mini figures and trying to get a count. I need about three dozen legs and about 20 hands, it's really weird how I have so many random people parts. ;) I need a lot of Castle helmets, and I'm slightly bothered all the old Castle people are killing each other and smiling. But those I got for free. I'm currently up to 701 figures and still need to do the space and castle sets.

Which brings me to my point, does anyone want the stupid NBA torsos? I hate those things and want to get rid of them. They have locking arms and there hands don't move and you can't switch them out with real arms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought my first set in probably 2 years. I found a lone Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship for $49.98 on clearance at Target. Had to get it at that price. Stopped at 2 other Targets but didn't find anything close to that good.

Any Chima stuff? Looking to get some bigger sets if there's anything left.
At one of my Targets I found the Flying Phoenix Fire Temple marked down to $59.98 and the Super Secret Police Dropship for $55.98. I saw some other stuff at small discounts but those were the best deals I saw. 50% off the little Phoenix polybag too I guess.

Not a deal, but I saw some of the January sets out at Target. The Darkseid one, Martian Manhunter one, and some Disney Princess ones.
I saw quite a few at one store, the new wookie Star Wars set looks cool, the minecraft sets were just as cool but not me.

@RvsB, I was hoping I would find one but I didn't, the only set I did see was the Trash Truck and it was only 15% off.

Went to three Targets today.  Should have stopped at one.  Most of the clearance is pretty lackluster, with a few exceptions

Target #1:  Picked up Museum Break-in ($30.28) and Monkey Creatures (9.99).  The cat one is on clearance too, but at 16.98 and I already have it.  An assortment of Chima, City, and Hero Factory sets are on clearance.  City included the Coast Guard and some smaller vehicles.  Chima included the Beaver thing and the thing-that-was-an-Exo-Force-vehicle

They had Hulk Lab Smash (the old one) but at $42.  Most of the clearance was like this: not great deals.

Target #2: They had the Umbaran and the Movie set that were $24 last week for $42.  What a deal! 

Target #3: AT-AP and Jabba's Sail Barge, both for ~$10 off.  Lots of Chima, a few City, nothing I hadn't seen at Target #1. 

Target #3 had an endcap for Series 13 minifigs, but it was filled with series 12 figures.  Scanned at $3.99, so I guess the price rollback is over.

I would have loved to see the umbaran cannon for $24, they are all oos around me though. I did get a few Droid Gunships for $35, I hope the At-Ap goes down in price a little more.

I went to 3 stores, may go to two more right now. >_<

I would have loved to see the umbaran cannon for $24, they are all oos around me though. I did get a few Droid Gunships for $35, I hope the At-Ap goes down in price a little more.

I went to 3 stores, may go to two more right now. &gt;_&lt;
I built the at ap last night. I wasn't super psyched about it because I thought the mini figs were boring and it wasn't an iconic vehicle like the at at but I loved it. The build was a easily one of the more fun ones I've done this year and you'll see some crazy building techniques in it.

Walmart had some decent Lego clearance. X-Men Blackbird $35, Lego Movie ice cream truck, a couple Star Wars (AT-AP $40, Jek-14 Stealth Fighter, one that started with an S- and is black, but forgot the game of). A couple Chima sets, mostly the larger ones.

Got the girls:

Daughter 1: Palace Cinema, Research Intstitute, (6) Mixels, (2) Minifigs: S12
Daughter 2: Parisian Restaurant, Research Intstitute, (6) Mixels, (2) Minifigs: S12

Used credit card points on amazon to nab the Cinema for free, and LEGO points to take $30 off the Parisian and another $15 off one RI.

I originally bought the Sea Cow with gift cards prior to going with the Creator sets, so it will stay stashed until a later date, unless it starts fetching a decent premium, then I might have a decision to make. :)

Did you scan them? Only got a handful of 12 for the kids, only because of Target's $2.99 pricing. Still out at $4.
Wife and I are visiting her mom, found 1 series 13 mixed in the Christmas bins, no others to find. Bought it as I don't have any yet, it was 3.99. Got the unicorn, which is pretty cool.

I found two of the Target Chima bags for 50% off, it was the first time that has happened for me.  Target and Walmart were destroyed, almost nothing left. Even Target with the new 2015 sets had a very few mini doll sets left. There was one $5 Friends Animal and the baby bunnies were adorable.

Picked up the double decker couch at target today, saw a bunch of the new 2015 sets there and at toys r us
got the mountain hut for Christmas

Target was a 15% off bust for me. Looking forward to the six-month Karkyco brag posts about his return/rebuy efforts.

I slept on the Chima polybag because I didn't go until Saturday. I remember a couple years ago buying a bunch of Harry Potter and Kingdoms polybags for less than dollar in January. Those days are over.

One minor deal: Target has the Minecraft First Night at regular price $35, which is $5 below MSRP and better than the clearance deals.

Walmart at least had 30% off (some were 25%). The $30 Lego Movie sets were $21. The aisles were ravaged, so only by luck and squinting at the red shelf tags was I able to find anything.

To people who go to The LEGO Brand Store often, does the PaB wall ever have just mini figure legs? I have at least 50 extra torsos that need legs and wondering what the cheapest way to do that is.

And bad news for people, like me, who need baseplates. The price of them is going up from $5 to $8, yet the big grey one will still be $15 (but with a new number).

To people who go to The LEGO Brand Store often, does the PaB wall ever have just mini figure legs? I have at least 50 extra torsos that need legs and wondering what the cheapest way to do that is.

And bad news for people, like me, who need baseplates. The price of them is going up from $5 to $8, yet the big grey one will still be $15 (but with a new number).
The wall itself doesn't have legs, I'm sure you could sneak some in a cup from the little kiosk they have for putting minifigs together. I think they charge $10-$15 for 3 complete figures, I never bought one but I know it's been a free gift a few times.

EDIT: Found a photo on google, this is what they look like for the most part, hard to watch the employees sit there and take figures apart after kids put a few dozen together.

bam.jpg

Saw the Research Institute in stock at Amazon yesterday, when I was culling my recommendations (stupid free apps).

It's on SD now though, so it might actually sell out. I'd hurry if you guys actually want one.

Christmas eve I found the 1st night minecraft set at target for $35 also. I bought but haven't given it to my son yet. I thought it was cheaper than msrp.

Oh, got the Lego catalog yesterday.

Free mini AT-DP with any Star Wars purchase, free Friends miniature golf set with any Friends purchase, and free flower cart with $75+.

Edit: And 10% off Chima in stores coupon.

[quote name="skiizim" post="12365371" timestamp="1419789888"]The wall itself doesn't have legs, I'm sure you could sneak some in a cup from the little kiosk they have for putting minifigs together. I think they charge $10-$15 for 3 complete figures, I never bought one but I know it's been a free gift a few times.

EDIT: Found a photo on google, this is what they look like for the most part, hard to watch the employees sit there and take figures apart after kids put a few dozen together.

bam.jpg
[/quote]
Maybe a few, but I doubt he'll be able to get 50 of them in there without them saying anything.

Maybe a few, but I doubt he'll be able to get 50 of them in there without them saying anything.
Yeah, probably like 55 just in case. :lol:

I need like 20-25 black and 20 blue and about 10 white. I made a list. They are 45 cents online so I might pick up a few at a time in orders, but I normally only make one order a year.

I was counting my mini figures, I'm correctly at around 1125, and have a ton of torsos, probably enough heads for them, but no pants.

Yeah, probably like 55 just in case. :lol:

I need like 20-25 black and 20 blue and about 10 white. I made a list. They are 45 cents online so I might pick up a few at a time in orders, but I normally only make one order a year.

I was counting my mini figures, I'm correctly at around 1125, and have a ton of torsos, probably enough heads for them, but no pants.
Why not just get them through Brick Link.

You can find a seller that accepts checks or money orders. Almost every seller I've dealt with had those for payment options.
As a bricklink buyer and seller, I can tell you that sellers DO accept cash, too. Usually at the risk of the buyer. Nobody wants negative feedback there, so they're pretty honest. You can end up with the seller from hell sometimes. I had one guy who kept making excuses, it took 2 months from the order date to receive it in my mailbox. The really crappy thing was that he had my money, AND my Lego :whistle2:/

On another note, we had a very Batman Christmas. Both me and my boy received the Batcave (target bf) and the Riddler dragster set. My boy and I split the target minifig box (the one with superbly) I also received the set that comes with batgirl and joker (Jack Nicholson joker, that is) my wife received jokers funhouse and arkham asylum breakout (purchased almost entirely with VIP rewards). There were a lot of other cool Lego sets all around, as we're all fans of Lego, but I thought I was nice that we all got some Batman love.

On a third note, except for some elusive polybag sets, sdcc sets and the movie sets, I managed to pick up every turtle set. Not that I want them to stop making then, but I sure hope they're done, haha

bread's done
Back