LEGO Deals 3

Clara was ok-ish in the first two appearances and the first episode she became a companion. After that, everything interesting about her disappeared, and became completely boring.
The old English Clara was the most interesting one and they got rid of her!

I'd like Donna to come back. She would be great with the new Doctor.

Yep, it seems like the Doctor Who should probably get a new chance every time they switch the lead but I haven't had the chance. I'm watching Star Trek:TNG for the first time ever (episode 3) now so I think my quota for Sci-Fi is filled for the time being.
Season 1 is at times rather brutal. But don't give up hope, it gets better.

So do we have a release date on Wall-e?  I'm gonna set it in my calendar so I can hit up lego.com the second it goes on sale.  No more Research Institute nonsense.

I picked up the Battle of Smallville for $25 at Walmart.  I also found another of those 2012 SW Advent calendars for $35 :lol:

Have any of you seen Anakin custom stafighter in store? I haven't seen it and am starting to wonder if it's retailer exclusive somewhere.

Scanned a bunch of sets at Walmart today, I found Legends of Chima Razar's CHI Raider 70012 already clearanced to $30, but actually rang up $19.

Anybody get Ultra Agents?  TRU and thus Amazon have a 20% off sale for them, and I'm tempted.  And hey, a Galaxy Squad connection.

Anybody get Ultra Agents? TRU and thus Amazon have a 20% off sale for them, and I'm tempted. And hey, a Galaxy Squad connection.
I always thought the truck looked awesome but we need to sell some stuff to make room plus I don't think I 'd want to get any other sets.

Scanned a bunch of sets at Walmart today, I found Legends of Chima Razar's CHI Raider 70012 already clearanced to $30, but actually rang up $19.
Same here. One of my walmart stores had the Trash Chomper for $15 and microfighters series one for $5. Another store had The Superman battle for Smallville sets for $25 and some huge chima set for $59.

Also saw Battle of Smallville for $25 but I already have it, also saw the Chima set but just couldn't pull the trigger. Would love to find the trash chomper though

I think Smallville may be reduced to $25 at all Walmarts. I grabbed one on my way to work this morning because this is probably the price that flippers will finish them off at.

TRU has $10 off $50 LEGO purchase. Can't remember all the included themes, but City was one of them. Works on clearance too which brings the Gold Mine set down to $69.98 (reg $109.99).

Last edited by a moderator:
Pirates, Elves, Super Agents, NinjaGo are all on Amazon, most for the correct price.

I don't get why LEGO thinks they can charge $12 for an Elves set with 10 pieces, yet $15 buys you 175 and $20 buy you 250. They really need to stop charging more for $10 sets and just leave the sets $10.

Has anyone here ever BOUGHT pieces from Bricks and Pieces? That's what the LEGO replacement piece is called. Several assholes, I mean people, from Eurobricks are like "I ordered X NinjaGo piece" and I called them out on their shit and they are like "Oh I'm paying, you clearly have no idea... blah blah", but I don't believe them at all. Who orders one head or hair piece and would pay for the piece and shipping? I have had to order pieces a lot in the last 10 years (and need a few more that broke in Mixels) and never has LEGO said I had to pay, and I really don't like when the system I need is abused. If it's over abused it means people like me who have received messed up pieces in sets lose out.

Has anyone here ever BOUGHT pieces from Bricks and Pieces? That's what the LEGO replacement piece is called. Several assholes, I mean people, from Eurobricks are like "I ordered X NinjaGo piece" and I called them out on their shit and they are like "Oh I'm paying, you clearly have no idea... blah blah", but I don't believe them at all. Who orders one head or hair piece and would pay for the piece and shipping? I have had to order pieces a lot in the last 10 years (and need a few more that broke in Mixels) and never has LEGO said I had to pay, and I really don't like when the system I need is abused. If it's over abused it means people like me who have received messed up pieces in sets lose out.
I sell on BrickLink and I've had people order one piece for like a quarter and then pay over 2 dollars for shipping. It's not an unreal situation.

I sell on BrickLink and I've had people order one piece for like a quarter and then pay over 2 dollars for shipping. It's not an unreal situation.
I've never used bricklink but I was looking at it the other day and am curious about it. Is it all relatively safe? Like if I ordered something and it was misrepresented in the description am I covered?

I've never used bricklink but I was looking at it the other day and am curious about it. Is it all relatively safe? Like if I ordered something and it was misrepresented in the description am I covered?
Yeah, I'd say it's really safe. People are very protective of their positive ratings. Also, if there is a problem with an order, the sellers are very accommodating. If you're just starting out, I'd recommend limiting yourself to sellers in the US at first. But I've never had a problem on the buying or selling side of it. I'd trust BrickLink over ebay or craigslist.

Stopped by Walmart today. Snagged Aviation Adventure for 30 and the Ice Cream Truck for 15. They also had Battle for Smallville and the Xmen vs Sentinel for 25. And that bird Ninjago set for 19.

Walmart's clearance strategy makes no damn sense. There's a few sets that have been floating around for months because Walmart hasn't dropped them more than 15%.

Stopped by Walmart today. Snagged Aviation Adventure for 30 and the Ice Cream Truck for 15. They also had Battle for Smallville and the Xmen vs Sentinel for 25. And that bird Ninjago set for 19.

Walmart's clearance strategy makes no damn sense. There's a few sets that have been floating around for months because Walmart hasn't dropped them more than 15%.
Man, I'd love to find the ice cream truck and the Sentinel for those prices.

EDIT: Turns out the Walmart app is showing a location that has it for $11. I'll have to go check it out!

The NYC Toy Fair is this weekend, it's not open to the public and will be freezing cold in the city, so don't bother trying to get in. ;)

Anyways the press releases have started, saving people time from reading them.

Elves most expensive set will be $80, and the cheap set is $10 and not $12 like Amazon claims.

I think this means we are getting Star Wars action figures... which seems weird... Prices $20-$35.

First Star Wars Constraction Sets Unveiled
Expanding the way children can build and play within the Star Wars universe, the company also unveiled new constraction – constructable figures – sets featuring, among others, Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker ($19.99 and up in September). Additional constraction figures in the collection will be unveiled throughout the year.
The big Town Center set with The Lego Store, Car Shop and tram is $190... no thanks!

The Jurassic World base is $130. Cheapest is $20.

Scooby castle is $90. Cheapest is $15.

Confirmed series 14 mini figures will be Halloween based.

313 sets will be shown.

Yeah, I've seen folks reporting it for $25. I saw one that was beat to hell the other day with a spider wrap around it and thought I found a clearance one but nope, scanned full price. May go back to check this weekend

I really like the set and the green space people but for $5 more I could get the Creator Mountain House or the Friends Lighthouse.

Brick set has a photo of Jurassic World of a $50 set that looks like a horrid $20 City set with two Dinos.

The NYC Toy Fair is this weekend, it's not open to the public and will be freezing cold in the city, so don't bother trying to get in. ;)

Anyways the press releases have started, saving people time from reading them.

Elves most expensive set will be $80, and the cheap set is $10 and not $12 like Amazon claims.

I think this means we are getting Star Wars action figures... which seems weird... Prices $20-$35.

The big Town Center set with The Lego Store, Car Shop and tram is $190... no thanks!

The Jurassic World base is $130. Cheapest is $20.

Scooby castle is $90. Cheapest is $15.

Confirmed series 14 mini figures will be Halloween based.

313 sets will be shown.
I just saw the pic of the jurassic world set, man is that a rip off at $49.99.

I'm actually happy the $50 JW set kind of sucks ... I'm honestly hoping the big set ($130) and only one of the smaller sets are awesome ... will save me money and still work out well. Unfortunately, I have a feeling the D-Rex and the T-Rex are both going to be in expensive sets ... just hoping one also includes a raptor so I can avoid that weird van set ... hmmm, to be honest though, these sets feel a tad too reminiscent of the last LEGO dino series. And while I understand that it was JP w/o the license, I wish these newer sets gave us something iconic like the visitor center, a triceratops and jeep or even the gate + jeep and a t-rex attack set.

Nice! We are getting a new "freight" train this year, looks rather lame (It has a helicopter on it) so maybe they are making room for that.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/legolago/16321274620
I don't think it's lame, the train collector in me absolutely loves it.

But then again, you think everything/everyone/every LEGO set is lame/stupid/ugly/overpriced/commencing major 3rd grade bitchfit/ don't even know why I buy LEGO I hate it all/LEGO is a greedy, stingy shitty yada yada, etc. etc, we've certainly heard it all before. I mean, your posts all read exactly the same.

Hmmmm, now that I think about it I can't remember a single comment you've ever posted that didn't consist of narcissistic, pessimistic, constant, unparalleled, high school, school girl, whiny, bitching that a 2 year old throws when he shits his diaper and you change it. It may be stinky, but it's warm and it's mine damnit!

Odd.

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2015/02/14/lego-unveils-the-ultimate-collector-series-tie-fighter-news/

The ucs tie fighter. $200 feels a little too pricey for that though.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/

There are lots more sets here but nothing too exciting for me since I only do heroes and star wars. That joker fun house looks impossible to display. I freaking love those mini tie fighters with the assault carrier, but that ship design looks so vanilla compared to most ships. Maybe there'll be some awesome interior stuff going on with it.

bread's done
Back