LEGO Deals 3

I caved and ordered the Exo Suit from the lego website.  I had $10 in credit to use anyway, so with that and a $5 filler, I got those two sets + the feb promo and a calendar (I'm a sucker for calendars) for $38 shipped.  Not bad.  I knew I'd kick myself if I missed the Exo Suit eventually.

Now....fingers crossed that my wife has ordered the UCS Slave-1 for my birthday.  :pray:

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2015/02/14/lego-unveils-the-ultimate-collector-series-tie-fighter-news/

The ucs tie fighter. $200 feels a little too pricey for that though.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/

There are lots more sets here but nothing too exciting for me since I only do heroes and star wars. That joker fun house looks impossible to display. I freaking love those mini tie fighters with the assault carrier, but that ship design looks so vanilla compared to most ships. Maybe there'll be some awesome interior stuff going on with it.
The deep seas sub city set looks pretty awesome to me.

I'm glad the Jurassic World base has so many pieces, I was afraid it would be like the Hobbit dragon set, $130 for 800 pieces.

The one issue with toy fair coverage the last few years is everyone takes pictures but forgets to get the prices. FBTB.net is normally really good about that though.

The $20 Super Hero Ant Man set is really neat with the "big" LEGO bricks to make the scale seem small. :)

And the Mixels look like they keep getting bigger, so as long as the price doesn't that's great.

The $20 sets look really nice, the Agents plane/jet looks cool, the Avengers $20 set is great. A Hulk for $30.  So even thought some Jurassic World and City sets are horrible ripoffs at least other themes still are affordable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. It would have to be discounted like the B Wing was a couple years ago for me to buy one.

No other sets really stand out to me and that's a good thing for my wallet. Imperial Shuttle looks nice for a non UCS ship, but I wouldn't pay $100 for it. I would want a Deathstroke figure, but his design is disappointing, especially the way they painted his head.

Those Jurassic World sets are pretty disappointing. Only ones I'll probably get will be the two small sets, always loved Dilaposaurus, hopefully it makes a return in JW. I was expecting to collect them all, but this saves me money.

It's weird, but I'm REALLY liking the Scooby Doo sets. My wife and I loved the Monster Fighter sets, so that may be why, they have a similar feel to them.

Am I wrong in feeling disappointed over the Jokerland? It really doesn't look like a 1000+ piece set, and seems really bland. 

Ooh nice, prim still has the inside scoop, thanks

Yesterday I went to trade with the local guy at the swap meet and picked up Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold and Wonder Woman. after seeing he Bat-mech and invisible jet in person I decided I didn't want or need them.

As for Toy Fair, I actually like the Jokerland set. Aside from the Mystery Machine, the rest of the Scooby Doo sets are pretty meh. Aside from the crappy cargo van set, the rest of the Jurassic World line looks pretty sweet. Liking the SW throne room too.

As for Toy Fair, I actually like the Jokerland set. Aside from the Mystery Machine, the rest of the Scooby Doo sets are pretty meh. Aside from the crappy cargo van set, the rest of the Jurassic World line looks pretty sweet. Liking the SW throne room too.
It looks less integrated than the Santa set everyone was hating on. But the Lego Starfire looks great.

Poly bags in Target Valentine's Day section were 50% off today. Friends 30202 smoothie stand ($1.99) and City 30311 helicopter ($1.74).

My Kroger had a lot of sets on sale again.  Don't know when it started, but someone had already cleared them out.  50% off on all Turtles and Disney Princess.  Then a few other random sets also 50% off(a few different Chima, Ninjago dragon, Bad Cop Pursuit, Batman Riddler Chase). Several other things with minor discounts, that'll drop...eventually, but I did not make note of those.  

I'm watching some videos of NinjaGo and Super Agents sets. The 1200+ piece boat is only $100, there is a 575 piece dragon set that is only $40, and the two fighting mechs is only $60. Yet the Agents oil port thing with big shark is $70, the big diver boat and the big shuttle are $120!!!

Scored a Lego Parisian Restaurant at Target for $111.83 :D/ It was an Online return Item
Super jealous of those finds considering how rare they are. I can usually grab a scratch and dent for extra points but that's the extent I get on modulars. That gets them down to about 120.

I'm watching some videos of NinjaGo and Super Agents sets. The 1200+ piece boat is only $100, there is a 575 piece dragon set that is only $40, and the two fighting mechs is only $60. Yet the Agents oil port thing with big shark is $70, the big diver boat and the big shuttle are $120!!!
Saw a lot of pics, including the UCS Tie Fighter. I kinda feel like I dodged a bullet with the SW UCS considering how freaking marked up they are and they still seem to cut corners in areas.

Everything else was meh but those silly Agents sets. At this stage I think both the truck that's out and the boat look super fun for the kids. I think we're gonna sell most of the Chima stuff we have to make way for things but I'm more and more convinced I should just get sets that look fun and drop theme collecting altogether.

Now how should unload those Chima sets? I have boxes for everything and everything should be complete even with the extra pieces. Has anyone done the Ebay thing? Should I sell individually or everything together? I think I have about 20 sets, most bought 50% off or more thankfully.

Super jealous of those finds considering how rare they are. I can usually grab a scratch and dent for extra points but that's the extent I get on modulars. That gets them down to about 120.

Saw a lot of pics, including the UCS Tie Fighter. I kinda feel like I dodged a bullet with the SW UCS considering how freaking marked up they are and they still seem to cut corners in areas.

Everything else was meh but those silly Agents sets. At this stage I think both the truck that's out and the boat look super fun for the kids. I think we're gonna sell most of the Chima stuff we have to make way for things but I'm more and more convinced I should just get sets that look fun and drop theme collecting altogether.

Now how should unload those Chima sets? I have boxes for everything and everything should be complete even with the extra pieces. Has anyone done the Ebay thing? Should I sell individually or everything together? I think I have about 20 sets, most bought 50% off or more thankfully.
It's hard to say. You might find someone that wants a full set of chima and they'll pay decent for it. In my personal experience I've made more money selling things separate, but sometimes the extra work isn't worth it.

Make sure when you sell that you are honest about the pieces being there and that they're all opened and stuff. Putting each set into a good-sized ziplock bag will contain the pieces nicely and give the buyers a look at whats included in the set. If you or your kids are selling anything that you currently have assembled, take a picture of it now while it's together; It's a good demo that all of the pieces are there.

For those interested I saw two of the Age Of Ultron sets in Chicago area MEIJER stores late last night, the 12$ iron man set and the 20$ Thor set

Went to an out-of-the-way Walmart to get a $54 GOTG Milano, but I also scored a $54 AT-AT!  I didn't find much clearance this year, but I'll take these two for my son's B-day in April.

I've been checking for clearance Milano's, not finding anything below $54 like others have, gonna have to keep an eye out for AT-AT's now too

Use the Walmart phone ap.  It gives accurate pricing for local stores.

No stores around me have the Milano for less than $54.

And this was the only store that had the AT-AT on clearance, last one too.  Matter of fact, it's OOS everywhere else around me even at $110.

Thanks, didn't know the app gave a breakdown of the price at each store. Only one store near me has it in stock, for full price. A couple of stores did have it for $79 but they're out of stock. Butnagain, thanks for the info, this is going to be very useful

Use the Walmart phone ap. It gives accurate pricing for local stores.

No stores around me have the Milano for less than $54.

And this was the only store that had the AT-AT on clearance, last one too. Matter of fact, it's OOS everywhere else around me even at $110.
I saw Bennys Spaceship for $74 on the app at one store.

There is a City Hospital in CT for $30. I'm amazed that set is still around. It's in the Manchester CT Walmart that seems to have a ton of clearance things for $5 that are OOS.

If I place an order for a set from the app, how long do I have to pick it up? There is a Walmart with the Movie Castle set for $15 (And 400+ pieces!) but I might not make it there until Saturday. I'm not sure what their holding time is, Target is 4 days and Best Buy is 8.

Of course if it snows then his won't matter. :lol:

There is a City Hospital in CT for $30. I'm amazed that set is still around. It's in the Manchester CT Walmart that seems to have a ton of clearance things for $5 that are OOS.

If I place an order for a set from the app, how long do I have to pick it up? There is a Walmart with the Movie Castle set for $15 (And 400+ pieces!) but I might not make it there until Saturday. I'm not sure what their holding time is, Target is 4 days and Best Buy is 8.

Of course if it snows then his won't matter. :lol:
I ordered mos eisley cantina when they were on sale for in store pickup on 1-22-15 and it said it was being held until 2-5-15

I forgot about the app. My local Walmart only showed having the AT-AP. I couldn't find it in the store, but I ordered it through the mobile website to see if they can find it. Next closest Walmart shows they have the Milano and Battle of Smallville, but not sure if I want to drive down there. Gonna have a friend who lives a few hours away try to get me the Iron Man Mansion.

I know some of them have already been mentioned, but here are some prices I saw on the app...

Benny's Spaceship - $40

Iron Man Mansion - $11

Battle of Smallville - $15

Milano - $54

AT-AT - $54

AT-AP - $17

It seems the Walmart pricing is completely random to stores, and not just regions. I think it's a great tool. I'm still waiting to hear back from them about my order, but it's so great you can just order the stuff online, then go to the store and know they should actually have it.

A ton of Walmarts around me have had Milano for $54. I'd love an AT-AT for that price.

My local Walmart just marked down Chima #70146 Flying Phoenix Fire Temple from $120 to $35.  Don't care for Chima but couldn't refuse that.

My local Walmart just marked down Chima #70146 Flying Phoenix Fire Temple from $120 to $35. Don't care for Chima but couldn't refuse that.
:lol:

The Manchester CT store says they have it in stock for $5. So I ordered it even though I live like 60 miles away and have no reason to go there. We'll see if they really it. For $35 it's worth it for the great mini figures and the pieces.

My $15 Movie Castle set was oddly canceled, I figured that be the one that wouldn't.

It sucks when you place an order for in store pickup and they cancel it for not finding the item. I found toxikita's takedown for $19 and placed an order for in store pickup and after 5 hours or so they cancelled it.

The trick is use mobile.walmart.com. Type in whatever you are looking for and press find in store and put in the zip code. It will tell you where it is available and the price at that store (you can see if it is on clearance there).
I tried this on both my ipad and my computer and all it will tell me the status of the stock in the other stores but nowhere does it list the price. even the ipad walmart app does this. the only way I can get prices is from the iphone app and it wont let me change the zip code. it only tells me the prices for walmarts near me.

I tried this on both my ipad and my computer and all it will tell me the status of the stock in the other stores but nowhere does it list the price. even the ipad walmart app does this. the only way I can get prices is from the iphone app and it wont let me change the zip code. it only tells me the prices for walmarts near me.
I think you need more practice with the app. I have been changing it from Western Mass to Rochester NY to see if I can find anything there for a friend. Bottom center of the app has "Store", click that. Then when you are looking for things you can change the store by clicking the right arrow in "Store Availability" on the item page. From there all the near by stores will show what price they are.

It sucks when you place an order for in store pickup and they cancel it for not finding the item. I found toxikita's takedown for $19 and placed an order for in store pickup and after 5 hours or so they cancelled it.
I have a feeling this is a very common thing. But it only takes a few seconds to make an order so I hope I'll find something for a great price.

My store couldn't find the AT-AP, but I wasn't really surprised since I couldn't find it either.

My store couldn't find the AT-AP, but I wasn't really surprised since I couldn't find it either.
A lot of the time it could be a salvaged return that wasn't taken out of the system or somebody did the whole swaparoo with the UPC with a cheaper set.

@Tito... Where you at?!??!? Haven't seen you post in a minute!

I think you need more practice with the app. I have been changing it from Western Mass to Rochester NY to see if I can find anything there for a friend. Bottom center of the app has "Store", click that. Then when you are looking for things you can change the store by clicking the right arrow in "Store Availability" on the item page. From there all the near by stores will show what price they are.

I have a feeling this is a very common thing. But it only takes a few seconds to make an order so I hope I'll find something for a great price.
Your app must work differently than mine then. the only button at the bottom center for me is a "My Store" button that lets me change to a specific store. which then gives me the option to "browse" the stock at just that particular store but all the prices listed are reflective of the online price and not that particular store's price. Anytime I bring up a product page there is no "Store Availability" option anywhere on the item page. The only thing like that on there is a "Nearby" button on the far left that brings up a little map with different colored pins showing the different in-stock statuses for that item at the nearby Walmarts.

The only way to get what you're describing is if I use my iphone app.

Thanks for the heads up!  I ordered an AT-AP for $17 from a store down the road, we'll see how it ends up.

Turns out the AT-AT I bought a few weeks ago for 74 went down to 54 at the store I bought it from. I'd wager a return and rebuy is probably not an option with Walmart.

[quote name="n10zguy" post="12514920" timestamp="1424337863"]Your app must work differently than mine then. the only button at the bottom center for me is a "My Store" button that lets me change to a specific store. which then gives me the option to "browse" the stock at just that particular store but all the prices listed are reflective of the online price and not that particular store's price. Anytime I bring up a product page there is no "Store Availability" option anywhere on the item page. The only thing like that on there is a "Nearby" button on the far left that brings up a little map with different colored pins showing the different in-stock statuses for that item at the nearby Walmarts.

The only way to get what you're describing is if I use my iphone app. [/quote]
On my S4 there's a "more stores" button under Store Availability when I go to a product page. If you click that, it takes you to a page showing nearby stores and prices. You have to have your location turned on though.

I would be all over Benny's Spaceship at these prices.

Chima - Braptor's Wings Striker - $4.50 for 146 pieces

Chima - Spinlyn's Cavern - $11.00 for 407 pieces

Chima - Sparratus' Spider Stalker - $7.00 for 292 pieces

The app also says the Research Institute is 19.99 on the website too.

On my S4 there's a "more stores" button under Store Availability when I go to a product page. If you click that, it takes you to a page showing nearby stores and prices. You have to have your location turned on though.
That's the same as my iPhone.

I also found a $5 Milian so I'll wait to see that get canceled too.

Yep. Everything was canceled. :lol:

bread's done
Back