LEGO Deals 3

0 Bennys anywhere around here... I must go without my spaceship :( To be fair, the wife probably would've stole it and I wouldn't have gotten to build it anyways, but still.
The Target by me is ticking me off. They have a whole bunch of Benny's Spaceship just sitting there. But they are still at only 15% off and all the boxes are damaged.

0 Bennys anywhere around here... I must go without my spaceship :( To be fair, the wife probably would've stole it and I wouldn't have gotten to build it anyways, but still. I did get a Hulkbuster the other day, torn on Avengers Tower since it looks like a fun set but the minifigures we don't need.
I have the exact opposite problem. I don't want the Avengers Tower, but I do want the Iron Legion figs. I really wish they just sold some minifigs alone.
lol, I only want Ultron Mk1 and (maybe) Thor from that set. We could pretty much part it 3 ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a Benny at my Target, but it was $70.  Some stuff was marked down to 30%, but nothing is at 50% yet.  I have a feeling it will all be gone by then too.

I saw a Benny at my Target, but it was $70. Some stuff was marked down to 30%, but nothing is at 50% yet. I have a feeling it will all be gone by then too.
You're down south around North County San Diego IIRC, yeah? As I was checking prices in and around south OC beforehand for a trip down south, the Oceanside store showed a price of $23.98 for it, even better than the many stores in the OC and LA that show it at $29.98:

THE LEGO® MOVIE™ Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, S...

DPCI# 204-00-0201

Oceanside (2.04 Miles) 0 $ 23.98

Vista South (8.7 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Vista (8.76 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Encinitas (10.63 Miles) 0 $ 99.99

Escondido (16.2 Miles) 0 N/A

Escondido South (19.21 Miles) 0 $ 35.38

Poway (22.82 Miles) 0 N/A

Mira Mesa (23.17 Miles) 0 $ 35.38

San Clemente (23.27 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Rancho California (24.98 Miles) 0 $ 29.98

Murrieta (27.31 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Balboa (27.73 Miles) 0 $ 99.99

Kearny Mesa (28.75 Miles) 0 N/A

Murrieta North (30.4 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Sports Arena (31.71 Miles) 3 $ 82.58

San Diego Mission Valley (31.83 Miles) 0 $ 99.99

Aliso Viejo (32.7 Miles) 0 N/A

Santee (32.73 Miles) 0 $ 29.98

Rancho Santa Margarita (33.79 Miles) 1 $ 69.98

Mission Viejo (34.14 Miles) 0 $ 29.98

Lake Elsinore (34.27 Miles) 3 $ 69.98

Mission Viejo N (34.91 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Grossmont (35.02 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

El Cajon (35.34 Miles) 0 $ 29.98

Menifee (35.37 Miles) 0 $ 82.58

Lemon Grove (35.91 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Foothill Ranch (37.63 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Irvine Spectrum (38.17 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Rancho San Diego (39.85 Miles) 0 $ 82.58

Natl Cty Pl Bonita (40.99 Miles) 2 $ 69.98

Irvine (42.72 Miles) 0 N/A

Hemet (43.28 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Chula Vista Broadway (43.79 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Chula Vista East (43.94 Miles) 4 $ 69.98

Tustin (44.05 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Irvine North (44.16 Miles) 1 $ 69.98

Corona (44.59 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Santa Ana (46.34 Miles) 0 $ 29.98

Costa Mesa (46.49 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Huntington Beach East (47.48 Miles) 4 $ 99.99

Santa Ana (48.11 Miles) 0 $ 29.98

Santa Ana NW (49.5 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Riverside (49.59 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Wow $23 is insane... I'm actually in MA near NH :)
Whoops, well here are results tailored closer to you (used zip code 03833):

THE LEGO® MOVIE™ Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, S...

DPCI# 204-00-0201

Wilmington (27.09 Miles) 1 $ 69.98

Leominster (47.44 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Danvers (28.34 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Concord (30.71 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Saugus (33.17 Miles) 0 $ 29.98

Somersworth (19.59 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Lowell (28.69 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Revere (38.78 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Haverhill (13.6 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Greenland (10.48 Miles) 0 $ 84.98

Woburn (31.47 Miles) 1 $ 69.98

Watertown (42.1 Miles) 1 $ 98.58

Everett (39.05 Miles) 0 $ 81.18

Biddeford (42.66 Miles) 0 $ 49.98

Nashua NW (29.92 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Hooksett (24.57 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Methuen (17.57 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Salem (31.81 Miles) 0 $ 29.98

Nashua (28.92 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Somerville (40.69 Miles) 0 $ 34.78

Boston South Bay (43.83 Miles) 0 $ 57.98

Bedford (24.56 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Salem (17.79 Miles) 0 $ 69.98

Found some 50% off sets at target. Must have been old clearnace because I had to go to customer service done they were "item not on file"

31003 - red rotors
31004 - fierce flyer x 2
60058 - SUV with watercraft

Also ran into some lady at another target that was returning a 76000 - attic batman/ me freeze .. She was returning without a receipt and she declined the $6 .. So with some bartering at customer service i got it from her for $15 .. A little high but I missed this set so I was happy

Not a single marked set at my Target.  Checked a few days ago.  All the clearance stuff was wiped.  Benny scans at $70 but isn't marked as clearance, which helps.  

We have a new-ish, non-official LEGO store in town and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they wipe everybody out when deals pop up.

I checked Brickseek for the Benny set, looks like a few stores did hit the 70% off mark in my area but of course they're out now. Clearance is so spotty around here, even taking into account the helpful tools available, that I don't hit the stores that hard, soccer moms and resellers take most stuff at 15% and 30% off. By the time anything might hit 50% or 70% the stock numbers, via Brickseek, are so low that its more than likely not accurate and not worth checking. When Brickseek give a quantity of two or low stock, it's about a 99% guarantee that they're not there.

In other news - found the Creator cat 30188 poly at TRU today

I picked up the Milano GotG set for $35 at WalMArt.  Not much else, some Ninjago stuff.  I noticed the Mammoth set was $64....cool looking set, but I'm no LEGO diehard.

This clearance has been pretty good for me. Today an employee who has seen me there many times and helped me find some sets on clearance saw me scanning and offered to check if they were going to be lowered later. A couple of the sets were so she told me to go talk to the lady who was currently doing kitchen clearance and she printed out the new clearance stickers for me. Pretty awesome, any time I see "Item Not Found" when I scan something now I will try to scope out someone doing clearance. Anyway, I mostly got a bunch of ultra agents sets this clearance cycle. Ive gotten 70161, 70162, and 70163 for 50% off and 70160 for 30% off. Also the joker steamroller set for half off and like other people have said there were over 20 of them in my store and one day suddenly dissappered, even the lady who helped me today was surprised and convinced they were somewhere else in the store. I also got the lego movie drop ship for half off and the technic snowmobile for half off. All of the ultra agents sets and technic set are still at the miami lakes store. I have seen one other guy there and at the pembroke pines location but I think he just buys for himself like I do. Never seen whoever is hording those steamrollers. Also nothing great at pines, mostly 30% and they were moved to the endcap today so they should be gone quickly. I dont see the sets at Miami Lakes lasting either, they organized a bit today and its more obvious the sets are half off. 

While last year around this time was much better because I got a bunch of the council of eldrond sets for 70% along with some star wars and some galaxy squad sets all for 70%. I dont see that happening ever again, it seemed like they randomly went from 30 to 70 that week. 

Karyco, where do you get those prices from? While your "changing payment method" is extremely scummy and your signature is beyond annoying, you could at least try to help some of us get good deals legitimately. 

I haven't seen anything good in a couple of weeks at any of my local stores, but I got super lucky last night and ran across the Karai Bike Escape set at a Walmart in town for $5. I found it in the Lego aisle and was super bummed they didn't have any more, but then I found a random toy clearance aisle in the very back of the store with like 10 TMNT subs ($30) and a couple of the movie sets ($40 and $99). I ended up passing on all of those, but I did end up grabbing another one of the Karai Bike Escape sets in the hopes that I could find someone that wanted to trade Leo for a Don or Mikey. 

The cat poly is new, $3.99

In regards to missing clearance at target, I have only seen this one time before but a couple years back I saw a Lego rep (which I have seen in store a few times over the years, I've seen Hasbro reps too) but she was pulling clearance sets that had been sitting at 30% and 50% for weeks. I've never seen it in person before and it makes a bit of sense considering how clearance sets seems to just up and vanish when I've seen a ton of them within that same week. Between the stores I check around work and home, I cover a lot of stores. I known there are soccer moms and resellers in my area who scoop things up but as far as resellers, they wouldnt be making any profit really if it was them buying up everything, everywhere. My educated guess is that when there are large quantities of a particular set that is being clearanced chain wide, in conjunction with the launch from Lego of new lines, this case March 1 all stores were putting out new product, Lego reps go out and pull or buy back those sets and probably put them up on Shop @ Home. Again, just a guess but makes a bit of sense considering sudden disappearance of clearance sets

The cat poly is new, $3.99

In regards to missing clearance at target, I have only seen this one time before but a couple years back I saw a Lego rep (which I have seen in store a few times over the years, I've seen Hasbro reps too) but she was pulling clearance sets that had been sitting at 30% and 50% for weeks. I've never seen it in person before and it makes a bit of sense considering how clearance sets seems to just up and vanish when I've seen a ton of them within that same week. Between the stores I check around work and home, I cover a lot of stores. I known there are soccer moms and resellers in my area who scoop things up but as far as resellers, they wouldnt be making any profit really if it was them buying up everything, everywhere. My educated guess is that when there are large quantities of a particular set that is being clearanced chain wide, in conjunction with the launch from Lego of new lines, this case March 1 all stores were putting out new product, Lego reps go out and pull or buy back those sets and probably put them up on Shop @ Home. Again, just a guess but makes a bit of sense considering sudden disappearance of clearance sets
That makes sense. The Lego rep has to bring in the new product, so they probably take some back with them.

In trading news, does anybody have the Shredder bike or Baxter set to trade? New or used is fine. I have some stuff to trade, including the Research Institute. My son is really into TMNT now and Donnie is the only one "clean" turtle he doesn't have. He has the T-Rawket version, but the completionist in me wants him to have the regular one :)

Karyco, where do you get those prices from? While your "changing payment method" is extremely scummy and your signature is beyond annoying, you could at least try to help some of us get good deals legitimately.
First off, you get the name wrong. Then you have the nerve to not only insult me but also in the same breath all but demand "the least I could do is try to help some of us get good deals 'legitimately' ", which if you bothered looking you would see that's exactly what I've done, for everyone that has asked, ever since discovering my method. Literally dozens of people have PM'd me or asked me in the Target clearance thread or here for assistance, and every damn time I've provided the information they've requested. I haven't asked for begging or groveling :pray: , but a modicum of politeness in requests and an ounce of gratitude go a long way.

That said, Can anyone guess who's NEVER, NEVER EVER, FOREVER NEVER EVER going to be getting any help from "Karyco"? :?: :no: :nottalking: :shame: :speaktothehand:

That makes sense. The Lego rep has to bring in the new product, so they probably take some back with them.

In trading news, does anybody have the Shredder bike or Baxter set to trade? New or used is fine. I have some stuff to trade, including the Research Institute. My son is really into TMNT now and Donnie is the only one "clean" turtle he doesn't have. He has the T-Rawket version, but the completionist in me wants him to have the regular one :)
I went through a similar search while hunting for a basic Donnie. I'd recommend just picking up the minifig from Bricklink or eBay. I managed to snag one for about $10 shipped and (as far as I can tell) it appears to be a legit Lego product.

[quote name="BigHow" post="12551459" timestamp="1425667946"]I went through a similar search while hunting for a basic Donnie. I'd recommend just picking up the minifig from Bricklink or eBay. I managed to snag one for about $10 shipped and (as far as I can tell) it appears to be a legit Lego product.[/quote]
I thought about that but I haven't seen one less than $15 yet. I might just sell the RI and buy the 79101 for $30 or whatever.

I really wish I bought the Shrdder bike now that I saw for $17-$19 back in the late fall. I thought the license would continue and we would get decent sets with good mini figures, but no such luck.

Just do what I plan to do, but the eBay knockoffs.

I know, I remember seeing the Baxter set at tru for around $30 too.

There's also the keychain at s@h but then I'd have to get free shipping.

Being an old school fan,  I was unwilling to miss any tmnt sets. I paid mostly full price for the collection. I know thats not the cag way, and it opens me up to ridicule,  but sometimes the collector in me kicks the cheapass in the nuts and buys anyway.  I have made it a point to catch the sales/clearance for my 12 year old, though

I saw the Technic Snowmobile half off...almsot got it, but the store had like 10 of them.  

I did get the Batman Steamroller thing for 50% off....also picked up some Bionicle they had. Son really wants for his B-day, so that worked out.  30% off, but better than full price.

Being an old school fan, I was unwilling to miss any tmnt sets. I paid mostly full price for the collection. I know thats not the cag way, and it opens me up to ridicule, but sometimes the collector in me kicks the cheapass in the nuts and buys anyway. I have made it a point to catch the sales/clearance for my 12 year old, though
Oh no that's fine because I wish I could go back now and buy the sets. I HATE the set design of the cartoon based sets, but the mini figures are awesome. It's ironic because the movie sets are fine, yet the mini figures are horrible.

I got a Baxter set for $25 from TRU of all places in 2013. I saw all the sets 25-30% off all the time but never pulled the trigger because of the bad sets and thought the license would go for awhile. Nick and LEGO got along so well for so long, MegaBloks must be paying a ton for the license.

Went to check if SPACESHIPS! had dropped from the absurd $82.5x price at the Target by my office, however they had not dropped at all (and the pricing team had just wrapped up the toy section). However, the inventory went from 6 yesterday to only one that I saw, so people are buying them even at the paltry 15% off discount.

The store did have a set (Technic Custom Pickup Truck, 204-00-0609) for half off (regular $99.99 clearance price $49.98) that I don't think I've ever seen in store, probably available online only (in fact it does say not sold in stores on its target product page):

811E0A51-D324-4DC3-9F77-56AAE6FA6C5E_zps8j5uua5g.jpg

I checked the DPCI on my phone with the inventory tracker and it didn't even show as in stock at the store I was standing in or any other stores out of close to 100 around here, and not a single other store had it listed at less than the regular price of $99.99 except for this one store. But it also had a regular clearance sticker on it, not an online return. Box is a bit scratched up but looked good otherwise. Maybe it was an online return that ended up with a regular clearance sticker because it's "in the system" at the store(s), I don't know. It definitely wasn't there yesterday.

I wish...and I've been checking the Knowhere Escape and Starblaster Showdown DPCIs religiously...

One person did in fact report they found 3 Starblaster Showdowns at a store around Kansas City I believe it was at some discount, however those turned out to be "As Is" one offs...
Looks like I ended up at this target during one of my runs. This Lego was still there today. Box was really best up so I took it to customer service and they marked it down to $35!!!

Did the AT-AT and the Star Destroyer get stealth clearanced at Target? They have all disappeared around here, but I never saw any marked down.

I really wish I bought the Shrdder bike now that I saw for $17-$19 back in the late fall. I thought the license would continue and we would get decent sets with good mini figures, but no such luck.

Just do what I plan to do, but the eBay knockoffs.
If you have a Books a Million nearby, check there. I just bought two for $10 each.

If you have a Books a Million nearby, check there. I just bought two for $10 each.
I do not, I live in Mass.

And don't bother using Walmart's app for clearance, my cheap Milano is missing half the pieces (bags were ripped open) and every mini figure. And my $40 one was supposed to be canceled today, it has not been, Walmart charged it about a week before my end date. I'm very pissed off at them.

Did the AT-AT and the Star Destroyer get stealth clearanced at Target? They have all disappeared around here, but I never saw any marked down.
:whistle2:$ :whistle2:$ :whistle2:$ Actually the AT AT ($32.98) & Star Destroyer ($38.98/$41.38) (and the Ghost {$26.98} as well) were more of the sets that were only clearanced at a miniscule fraction of stores. In fact, only one two stores (out of more than 100) that I've seen clearanced the Star Destroyer, two the Ghost, and 3 the AT AT. This must have been around the same time that I first stumbled on the Milano, Steamroller, and Blackbird sets on clearance again at only a few stores, back in January.

However, I've seen them well stocked at every other Target...allbeit at full price or higher.

I think it's more of the fact that they didn't order anymore but who knows, I've seen grey stickers over there shelf tag for sometime.

:whistle2:$ :whistle2:$ :whistle2:$ Actually the AT AT ($32.98) & Star Destroyer ($38.98/$41.38) (and the Ghost {$26.98} as well) were more of the sets that were only clearanced at a miniscule fraction of stores. In fact, only one two stores (out of more than 100) that I've seen clearanced the Star Destroyer, two the Ghost, and 3 the AT AT. This must have been around the same time that I first stumbled on the Milano, Steamroller, and Blackbird sets on clearance again at only a few stores, back in January.

However, I've seen them well stocked at every other Target...allbeit at full price or higher.
Thanks, I thought you had mentioned them being cleared out at City Targets. None of those stores in the Atlanta area, though. I assume those operate on an accelerated clearance schedule due to necessity bc of their smaller stockrooms.

They sure are keeping the shelf spaces clear and marked for them around here, but the spots are all empty. I guess they could have sold at normal prices, but that seemed unlikely to me, considering how many seem to have disappeared in a couple of weeks.

I think it's more of the fact that they didn't order anymore but who knows, I've seen grey stickers over there shelf tag for sometime.
I've just recently started to pay attention to those round stickers. Does that mean it is or will be clearanced, or something else, like no re-order?

Thanks for all the info posted here. I was able to pick up a Milano today at a wal-mart which also had two different tmnt sets as well  one star wars HH-87 Starhopper. 

Just found a fossil at Walmart

4492 - helicopter rescue for $17

Also found a duplo 10580 for $15

Edit : don't think anyone has reported seeing the x-men set for 50%. Just found one at target.

It's been awhile since I've seen the Lego display at Best Buy. If that arctic Batman set was available for shipping, I would get one. I should have bought it when it was still available on Amazon.

Do you guys think the Milano is worth picking up as an investment
Depends. Ronan isn't likely to be in the next GotG movie so this may be the only new style Ronan the Accuser you can get. Milano will be so we will most likely get a reprint of it when GotG 2 comes out in a few years.

Personally i see investment sets as the sets limited to lego store or online order like sea cow or helicarrier.

I think you're better off with some Apple stock. ;)
Besides being on the DOW now, come Monday that stock could go up even more depending on how/what they announce. (For sure will be the watch release, but they could always pull some surprise) maybe they'll have a Lego building device for all the sets we'll never have time to build.....

bread's done
Back