LEGO Deals 3

can somebody please let me know when I can get a pirate ship for around 80?
Right now at Target, if the raincheck system works the way it's supposed to. As long as the store has the Brick Bounty in stock (DPCI 204-00-1444 - $99.99 most stores) and one of the $29.99 regular price/$23.99 sale price sets from this week's ad NOT in stock (Iron Man Hulkbuster Armor 204-00-1035, which is VERY likely to be sold out, and the Friend's Hot Air Balloon are the two I recall, but there were a couple of others - check the ad), you can request a raincheck which should include a note about "substitute for a similar product". I requested a raincheck for the Hulkbuster as it was out of stock and it indicates I can get a 21% discount on a similar item. The register will scan the raincheck and find a similar item from the items you are purchasing; I'd presume another Lego set would qualify automatically. Hell, with Redcard it will be below $80.

I haven't used my raincheck as I'm not sure yet what I'm going to pick up with it yet, probably a different superhero set not sure yet which though. I plan to couple it with the 15% off any new toy coupon I received this weekend. BTW, did anyone get more than one of those coupons this weekend (was only for SoCal stores as noted above)? Curious as to whether they are uniquely coded. Was considering using it with the Hulkbuster, but that would only be an additional $4-ish off, and I picked up a couple of them already for a bit over half off ($14-ish) last week. Thought about also getting one of the clearance sets I've picked up last couple of months adjusted even lower, but even on those the most I paid was $38 for the Star Destroyer so it would only be a little $6 additional savings.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I am looking for some help....I came accross some star wars, figures, no idea about set #s, etc. Has anyone seen this before?  Any help would be much appreciated.   [attachment=13332:2015-03-29 20.03.39.jpg][attachment=13333:2015-03-29 20.04.04.jpg][attachment=13334:2015-03-29 20.04.09.jpg][attachment=13335:2015-03-29 20.04.15.jpg]

So I am looking for some help....I came accross some star wars, figures, no idea about set #s, etc. Has anyone seen this before? Any help would be much appreciated. 2015-03-29 20.03.39.jpg 2015-03-29 20.04.04.jpg 2015-03-29 20.04.09.jpg 2015-03-29 20.04.15.jpg
The first pic (Speeder bikes) is 7128 I believe, from the original LEGO SW release ... looks like you have a mix of some New trilogy stuff and the original LEGO Star Wars sets. The Landspeeder is 7110, not sure about the Anakin's ship ... but should be able to find it fairly easily. Easiest way to know you have original LEGO Star Wars sets is by the yellow faces, which switched to the current flesh tone in later sets.

I am not a star wars fan....but i didnt know set #'s etc.  I just heard some of them could be worth $$ and I am trying to get my hands on vintage lego pirate sets. 

I am not a star wars fan....but i didnt know set #'s etc. I just heard some of them could be worth $$ and I am trying to get my hands on vintage lego pirate sets.
Sealed in a mint box and you might get something for them. Opened and played with, I'm afraid they aren't worth much. Definitely less than what you originally paid for them.

Thanks for all the help...i didnt pay anything.  Family friend left them for me...to either give to my son or sell.  I have a ton of legos for him so I was trying to trade :)

I disagree. 7660 has a different nose on it compared to 7141. I think The Green Giant has the correct list of sets.
If all the other sets are in the same first wave of LEGO Star Wars sets then it probably is too, I think everyone is over thinking it. :)

EXTREMELY sketchy. iTunes giftcards for 60% off? Corporate bulk purchases with some minor discount are one thing (for employee and client gifts, awards, etc.), but given these shady rainchecks you are describing it sounds like they were definitely committing gaming the system. Report it to Target corporate. How were they paying for these purchases? And did they have reseller permits/licenses? If so, they were most likely filling out additional forms. I would report it to Target corporate as a "concerned consumer who was inconvenienced by the extremely long wait while these suspicious individuals were perpetrating some disturbing activity" or something to that effect.

Right now at Target, if the raincheck system works the way it's supposed to. As long as the store has the Brick Bounty in stock (DPCI 204-00-1444 - $99.99 most stores) and one of the $29.99 regular price/$23.99 sale price sets from this week's ad NOT in stock (Iron Man Hulkbuster Armor 204-00-1035, which is VERY likely to be sold out, and the Friend's Hot Air Balloon are the two I recall, but there were a couple of others - check the ad), you can request a raincheck which should include a note about "substitute for a similar product". I requested a raincheck for the Hulkbuster as it was out of stock and it indicates I can get a 21% discount on a similar item. The register will scan the raincheck and find a similar item from the items you are purchasing; I'd presume another Lego set would qualify automatically. Hell, with Redcard it will be below $80.

I haven't used my raincheck as I'm not sure yet what I'm going to pick up with it yet, probably a different superhero set not sure yet which though. I plan to couple it with the 15% off any new toy coupon I received this weekend. BTW, did anyone get more than one of those coupons this weekend (was only for SoCal stores as noted above)? Curious as to whether they are uniquely coded. Was considering using it with the Hulkbuster, but that would only be an additional $4-ish off, and I picked up a couple of them already for a bit over half off ($14-ish) last week. Thought about also getting one of the clearance sets I've picked up last couple of months adjusted even lower, but even on those the most I paid was $38 for the Star Destroyer so it would only be a little $6 additional savings.

Toys including Lego allow for % off substitutions automatically when you request a Raincheck on an out of stock item - it specifically states so on the Raincheck.  Rainchecks on items that you CANNOT get a substitution for are explicitly excluded from substitution, and the checkout system will NOT allow it.  The disclaimer specifically states substitutions can't be used on music, movies, software, tablets, game systems, notebooks, Apple products, all gift cards (iTunes, phone cards, etc.).  

I'd bother scanning it but it's easy enough for anyone to get a Raincheck on this so do that if you don't believe me, but from my Lego Hulkbuster set Raincheck, which is indeed out of stock (as it is at most locations), verbatim:

"We apologize for being out-of-stock on the item you were looking for.  Here are some options for you to consider.

PRICE RAIN CHECK - Use this (until the date below) to get the sale price at any Target store. Sorry, can't be used at Target.com 05/15/15

ITEM # 204001035 $23.99

ITEM DESCRIPTION:

BUILDING SET SH AVENGERS 3 76031

Reg. $29.99 @ 21% off

Requested QTY 1 @ $23.99 each

-------------------------------

CHOOSE A SUBSTITUTE - Get the same % off on a similar, regular priced item. Exclusions apply. Can't be used on music, movies, software, tablets, game systems, notebooks, Apple products, all gift cards (iTunes, phone cards, etc.).

--------------------------------

AVAILABLE AT ANOTHER STORE? We searched area stores showing inventory. The stores listed below MAY have sufficient inventory available.Inventory levels do change quickly and may be inaccurate. Please call the store to verify.

----END---

And if the pricing team is doing their job, they select a regular priced item from the same aisle and apply that as the substitute (on items that aren't excluded from substitution, as noted above).  If they don't already have an item in the system specified, the system will automatically check what you are ringing up once the Raincheck/Substitution is scanned and find an item that matches.  In the case of using the Lego Hulkbuster raincheck to get the Brick Bounty pirate ship at a 21% discount, it qualifies automatically because it is regularly priced and on the same aisle.  THIS IS IN LINE WITH TARGET'S RAINCHECK SUBSTITUTION POLICY.  BTW, for items that are disqualified from substitution - videogames on sale, console deals, iPads, movies etc. the "CHOOSE A SUBSTITUTE" section is missing on the Raincheck because the item doesn not qualify.  And, if you attempt to use it in such fashion, the system will indicate "RAIN CHECK ITEM NOT FOUND - NO SUBSTITUTES ALLOWED"  It MUST be the exact DPCI in those situations.  This stems mainly from the huge exploit from over a decade ago when a PC game sale was allowing substitutions on virtually any game at 67-71% off.

Hell yeah I'm serious, at the very least he should be able to get a decent giftcard for his time and trouble out of it, and these shit sippers could be costing Target (and thus by extension - Target customers) a hell of a lot of money with their shennanegans the cost of which is passed on to the rest of us. iTunes for 60% off and that doesn't set off red flags? Not only that, if they are using the Raincheck substitute method, most if not all stores specifically exclude electronics particularly Apple products and consoles.

Hey Brock, did you get any more pics of these guys? Hopefully you got pics of all three. The black lady CSR is looking like "HMMMM, this just don't seem right. Something wrong about this..."
You hit a new low in this post.

In the past I would just ignore most of what you posted because you did occasionally post relevant deals. But after reading the end of this post, I, and now everybody else in this thread can see you for who you really are.

In the past I would just ignore most of what you posted because you did occasionally post relevant deals. But after reading the end of this post, I, and now everybody else in this thread can see you for who you really are.
Welcome to the club, better late than never.

I'll take hypocrite for $500, Alex.

Watch out though guys if we push him too far he's gonna threaten to quit posting his scams "deals" in here again. Just like last time everyone called him out.

For the record, we're not talking about using the rain checks (despite the fact he's probably abusing that too and already has a stack of hulkbuster rain checks...) but rather his rampant and systematic moving around of clearance from store to store to consistently get 70% off. For some reason that's alright because he's doing it but what the guys in the picture are doing is definitely wrong...

Hmmm... you know I'm not seeing the similarities here. Ordinarily I dont really post on this sort of thing because, unless the "offender" directly affects or assaults me, I don't tend to get my panties in a wad over it. I'm just curious how you are correlating one of the topics over another. In one it seems karky is berating someone for doing something extremely illegal and shirking the system that is in place (i.e. using rainchecks for something it explicitly states they are not allowed to be used for), and in the other he is offering what is a perfectly legitimate method for using the raincheck system. The raincheck states it can be used for a similar item at regular price. A Lego set is a Lego set. It doesn't say the Lego set must be similarly priced just a similar item.

Watch out though guys if we push him too far he's gonna threaten to quit posting his scams "deals" in here again. Just like last time everyone called him out.
I dont think this would be a bad thing.

Anyway, I am not sure if this has been posted but TRU has 2 for 5 minifigures this week. I literally bought 7 of them 11 days ago with the 5 off 25 lego coupon because I was impatient. I hate the new MSRP. Hopefully they can price adjust the price for me. Im going back anyway to get the rest of the series.

Hmmm... you know I'm not seeing the similarities here. Ordinarily I dont really post on this sort of thing because, unless the "offender" directly affects or assaults me, I don't tend to get my panties in a wad over it. I'm just curious how you are correlating one of the topics over another. In one it seems karky is berating someone for doing something extremely illegal and shirking the system that is in place (i.e. using rainchecks for something it explicitly states they are not allowed to be used for), and in the other he is offering what is a perfectly legitimate method for using the raincheck system. The raincheck states it can be used for a similar item at regular price. A Lego set is a Lego set. It doesn't say the Lego set must be similarly priced just a similar item.
+1, I think people here are using their personal dislikes to jump on something that's not there. The two examples being compared in this instance are clearly different.

He yells at people for abusing the system... Then an abuses the system. And somehow every time random people come out and take his side. It's stunning.

So, back to LEGOs and similar things...

Found two of the Series 6 friends animal polybags, wife is content. Walgreens had the Walking Dead brick figure blind bags buy 1 get 1 50% off, managed to get her Michonne and Governor on the first set of two, so I can stop worrying about those now. Got her the bulldozer and another creator set at Meijer since Creator/City/Friends are Buy 1 get 1 40% off. Also, if Meijer has an extra 50% off clearance toy day/week, could someone PM me? ._.

I found the Lego Classic Medium Creative Brick randomly at Walmart for $20. Y/N?
It's a Euro only set (Not on S@H) but depends one if you want the pieces.

I keep forgetting that TRU is having the mnifigure sell. Might have to look into getting there.

And Walgrens has the series 6 Friends animals, is it true they are $6?

So, back to LEGOs and similar things...

Found two of the Series 6 friends animal polybags, wife is content. Walgreens had the Walking Dead brick figure blind bags buy 1 get 1 50% off, managed to get her Michonne and Governor on the first set of two, so I can stop worrying about those now. Got her the bulldozer and another creator set at Meijer since Creator/City/Friends are Buy 1 get 1 40% off. Also, if Meijer has an extra 50% off clearance toy day/week, could someone PM me? ._.
I had no idea walgreens had the series 6 animals either. I didnt think they were released over here and I was worried that I would never get them now that the new 4.99 box animal sets are already out. I will check walgreens tomorrow.

The mcfarlane walking dead figures? I thought they were a TRU exclusive? Anyway, all of the mcfarlane WD building block sets are 20% off at TRU now.

I keep forgetting that TRU is having the mnifigure sell. Might have to look into getting there.

You should go now if you want them. This is the first time I have seen this series during the 2 for 5 deal. I got all 12 I wanted.

I broke down and got The Lord business set on ebay. It came out to about $50 after using a gift card I bought last year.

Out of curiosity, what was the lowest (non karkyco :)) price for this in the wild?

He yells at people for abusing the system... Then an abuses the system. And somehow every time random people come out and take his side. It's stunning.
Well, I can't speak to all the past times, just this one. As this is the first time I've seen someone being "called out" unjustly. And frankly, if he is the troll you feel he is to be, just remember one of the main rules of the internet forums, "DONT FEED THE TROLLS".

I broke down and got The Lord business set on ebay. It came out to about $50 after using a gift card I bought last year.

Out of curiosity, what was the lowest (non karkyco :)) price for this in the wild?
I have found 2 in the past at Walmart's clearance for $21

One of my Walmarts clearanced it out at $10. I was really upset that I missed it :whistle2:(

Uh, I'm talking about this.

Got the raincheck. thanks a ton
I got the pirate ship for 80. awesome. and i saw that lego medium creative box locally for 20 at walmart too
Congrats you were able to use the Target Raincheck Substitution as the company itself intended (hence why it specifically details it as a valid option on all of its Raincheck requests for items that qualify).

...Sniveling banter...
I only bothered to get a single Hulkbuster raincheck/substitution, to couple with my toy trade in 15% coupon and a future sale. 21% off MSRP may be substantial for some of you however it's no deal in my book, hence there is no need for me to "abuse" it and acquire a "stack" of them. As for "moving around clearance from store to store", with the new access to pricing per store available online, as I've explained previously, there's been no need for me to perform return/rebuy. With over 100 Target locations within 50 miles of me and 165 in the greater SoCal area, there is always one or more within easy driving distance that has what I'm looking for at the price I want. Thanks for playing though. As for hypocrisy, no doubt many of you in the peanut gallery have now picked up a raincheck or three to utilize the substitution method since I brought it to the thread's attention earlier this week...whether any of you will admit to it or not.

As for hypocrisy, no doubt many of you in the peanut gallery have now picked up a raincheck or three to utilize the substitution method since I brought it to the thread's attention earlier this week...whether any of you will admit to it or not.
I did not, but thanks for the accusation.

My target doesn't ever stick the rain checks up. If they do it needs to be for a LEGO item of the same price.

But thanks for making yourself look even better! Not.

My target doesn't ever stick the rain checks up. If they do it needs to be for a LEGO item of the same price.

But thanks for making yourself look even better! Not.
You don't need the Raincheck slip (which are intermittently put up at the item location based on the diligence of the team that are supposed to go around putting those pads up) in order to get a Raincheck. You can get one for *any* advertised sale item (provided it doesn't state "No Rainchecks") by simply requesting a raincheck from any employee and providing them with the DPCI number for the item in question.

Good looking out on the Friends animals at Walgreens.  Managed to get the seal.  Checked three stores and all three had the seal and older series.  The other two from series 6 were nowhere to be found. 

Using the target rain check substitution the way it is clearly intended, by target no less, to be used is not a scam. The substitution option is clearly outlined on the rain check itself and target's own policies. Their system scans your purchases and finds and item(s) to apply the substitution discount to automatically.

While the new rain check substitution method you are currently advocating may very well be acceptable by target I believe most people here don't like you because of your past "changing payment" method. If you told the stores you wanted to return and re-buy because that store had a lower clearance price you wouldn't have gotten away with that very often. Instead you lied to the employees in order to get your 70% discount that target most likely lost money on. Then you go on to bash the people in that picture who were also abusing the system and probably also causing target to lose money. You aren't much different than those people.

Anyway, 2 for 5 minifigures ends at TRU ends tomorrow. 

bread's done
Back