LEGO Deals 3

Using the target rain check substitution the way it is clearly intended, by target no less, to be used is not a scam. The substitution option is clearly outlined on the rain check itself and target's own policies. Their system scans your purchases and finds and item(s) to apply the substitution discount to automatically.
I got a raincheck today for the Hulkbuster set, but nowhere on it does it say anything about substitution.

Can I just take the raincheck ticket to checkout with a different Lego set? Doesn't require any kind of manager approval or anything right?

Anyway, 2 for 5 minifigures ends at TRU ends tomorrow.
As is typical for my TRU they had every single mini figure in hiding, and moved the display they are normally in. Every time they have been on sale I go there and they don't have any, even though the computer says they should. Now I know that someone could buy every single one, but I'm going to check on Sunday and see if they magically have them again.

I got a raincheck today for the Hulkbuster set, but nowhere on it does it say anything about substitution.

Can I just take the raincheck ticket to checkout with a different Lego set? Doesn't require any kind of manager approval or anything right?
Hmmm, the only rain checks I've encountered that don't have that substitute section on them are the ones that do not allow substitutions (video games, consoles, electronics, tablets, Apple products, cards etc.). Doesn't hurt to ask at customer service or a manager whether substitution is allowed with the one you received per their policy. Rain checks do not require manager approval or anything, but some cashiers have not encountered them so may ask their LoD how to use them.

My target doesn't ever stick the rain checks up. If they do it needs to be for a LEGO item of the same price.

But thanks for making yourself look even better! Not.
The 90's called, they want their retort back.

Hmmm.....

I'm looking at the title, say LEGO Deals. Didn't know we switched over to LEGO scams.
Why does that Frozen song keep going through my head.

Seriously dude, shut up. You're the only one that looks bad here with your incessant whining. There is nothing wrong with using the raincheck system in this fashion despite whatever sanctimonious high road you feel you are taking to try to make yourself feel superior. The raincheck doesnt say similarly priced item. LET IT GO!

Seriously dude, shut up. You're the only one that looks bad here with your incessant whining. There is nothing wrong with using the raincheck system in this fashion despite whatever sanctimonious high road you feel you are taking to try to make yourself feel superior. The raincheck doesnt say similarly priced item. LET IT GO!

Lol this ^ right on.

Lol this ^ right on.
Ironic that two people who have never posted a Lego deal are telling others to shut up.

I found a Benny's spaceship at my Target.  It came up INF, but the last clearance price was $50.  Oh well.

They also had a ton of Friend's Easter sets for $2.  I'll go back tomorrow for 70% hopefully.  What was the other Easter poly?  I only saw that one.

Ironic that two people who have never posted a Lego deal are telling others to shut up.
I actually have posted some finds. Ironic that you are so ignorant.

Also I was really pointing out that the way he said to shut up was funny to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure it was a garbage truck poly. Nice little set I thought. Couldn't find any though, the whole Easter section was torn up at my Target

Targets near me were cleared out of both easter polys and the Brainiac set was full msrp. Thanks for posting, but it is YMMV, as always.

i was able to grab the truck from target for 1.74.  some guy had all of them in his hand(around 15) as i am walking up there.  I said can I have three of those?  He says here take 5.  I said no, just three will be okay.

[quote name="strangelove" post="12626131" timestamp="1428432674"]i was able to grab the truck from target for 1.74. some guy had all of them in his hand(around 15) as i am walking up there. I said can I have three of those? He says here take 5. I said no, just three will be okay.[/quote]
Do you have the dpci for the poly?

[quote name="prim4444" post="12626673" timestamp="1428444976"][background=rgb(225,235,242)]DPCI 204 00 0251[/background][/quote]
Thanks!

Can anybody pick up a meijer tiger polybag for me .. I have an extra target "Easter" city polybag .. Or I can pay with paypal for cost plus shipping

I have a LEGO deal, but because I was told to shut up and everyone was being mean to me, I'm not going to share it. :roll:

S@H has the Chima 4 mini figure packs (not the battle packs) for $3.50, normally $15. They have been going in and out of stock. If they go out of stock I have many extras (LEGO wouldn't let me cancel my first order.) of the Fire and Ice one.

Will we need a separate thread for Lego Dimensions or will it all go in here, too?
I'm sure there will be their own thread in the Wii U forum. If you want to talk about the game I'd suggest going there. If you want to talk about the sets with pieces I say here is fine.

So both. Any word on if the mini figures come off the bases or are glued?

I'm sure there will be their own thread in the Wii U forum. If you want to talk about the game I'd suggest going there. If you want to talk about the sets with pieces I say here is fine.

So both. Any word on if the mini figures come off the bases or are glued?
For that price, I would hope they come off the base. The bases seem to have studs, so it's a good possibility. I'm glad I have most of those figures already so they won't be tempting me :)

Why the Wii U forum? It's available on all platforms.
Oh the picture I saw yesterday had the Wii U label.

I just saw the price. :lol:

And the fact LEGO Ideas rejected an Oz set, yet now we are getting one in this contraption. This isn't the first time that has happened.

Oh the picture I saw yesterday had the Wii U label.

I just saw the price. :lol:

And the fact LEGO Ideas rejected an Oz set, yet now we are getting one in this contraption. This isn't the first time that has happened.
Updated product shot showing all the versions:

foygqlyd1hgzn015coxt.jpg

I still can't tell if these are normal minifigs on fancy bases, or if they're single piece models that look like minifigs.

I still can't tell if these are normal minifigs on fancy bases, or if they're single piece models that look like minifigs.
Seeing as you have to build the portal and the Batmobile, I'd assume you have to build the figures, too.

foygqlyd1hgzn015coxt.jpg

It's a catch 22 in that if it's a model then its against the whole modular nature of legos. On the other hand, there's no way the NFC data could do anything but represent the exact model that came with the kit so I'm guessing that while removable you may as well associate them with the only content they represent.

Here's hoping they do Disney Infinity right since cloning Skylanders makes no sense. Frankly the toy aspect is much less interesting than what kind of world building system they should allow for.

Seeing as you have to build the portal and the Batmobile, I'd assume you have to build the figures, too.
It's a catch 22 in that if it's a model then its against the whole modular nature of legos. On the other hand, there's no way the NFC data could do anything but represent the exact model that came with the kit so I'm guessing that while removable you may as well associate them with the only content they represent.

Here's hoping they do Disney Infinity right since cloning Skylanders makes no sense. Frankly the toy aspect is much less interesting than what kind of world building system they should allow for.
It'd be cool if you could build/swap minifigure parts a la Skylanders Swap Force, but I'm guessing the NFC data will be tied to the base.

I have yet to buy any of the existing Skylander, Infinity, and Amiibo. Seems like a pricey thing to get into. Especially considering retailer exclusives, limited print runs, etc. Not sure if I'll bother with the Lego one either

It'd be cool if you could build/swap minifigure parts a la Skylanders Swap Force, but I'm guessing the NFC data will be tied to the base.

I have yet to buy any of the existing Skylander, Infinity, and Amiibo. Seems like a pricey thing to get into. Especially considering retailer exclusives, limited print runs, etc. Not sure if I'll bother with the Lego one either
I haven't gotten into any of them either, and I was about to agree with you. Then I saw the video. And looked at the figures. Crap.

As long as minifigures are weakness of mine, I won't be immune to these. Here's hoping the prices are reasonable, though the $100 out the gate seems to indicate otherwise.

I'm actually really looking forward to this. My wife and I are both fans of Skylanders and Disney Infinity, and I collect amiibo. Both being fans of Legos and the TT games, this is going to be a smash hit with us. I actually introduced my wife to Skylanders(the first one) when we were dating and bonded over it. We love to play co-op Lego games.

My biggest question right now is availability. Obviously, most amiibo are near impossible to get, DI is actually stocked quite well, Skylanders were near impossible to get at first, but now the market is flooded, however there are still quite a few figures that saw limited runs.

This is going to appeal to kids and to adults, also to some extent AFOLs. These packs are also Lego sets, and I think the minifigures are just plain old minifigures the you put on the base. 

The Fun packs, which have a character and either a vehicle or weapon are $14.99. A little steep for a regular Lego set since it doesn't look to contain many pieces, but it's also essentially DLC for the game. This is a no brainer for Lego and could possibly be a huge hit this Christmas.

The Level pack, which is just the BTTF set, is $25, and the Team pack is also $25 which is just the Ninjago right now.

I'm sure some will be more popular thatn the others, I definetly see Wizard of Oz being a sell out as it' a new Lego IP and will be popular. I really hope Lego has paid attention to the availability of these games and has prepared to step up.

Hmmm ... I want to be excited ... but part of me, a big part of me, is telling myself this will be levels from the same boring Traveller's Tales games we've been getting for years except you can swap in characters from different series. I want to believe it will be awesome, but I'd really like Traveller's Tales to evolve the actual gameplay rather than reskinning tired mechanics that appeal to really young kids and leave more mature gamers bored out of their minds. Just my two cents though ...

As a Skylanders and Infinity collector, $320 all-in for the announced stuff doesn't seem horrible. I assume the figs come off the base and the data is stored in that little blue disc. You could (should) be able to switch the fig with any other, or use none at all.

bread's done
Back