LEGO Deals 3

I have a Walmart LEGO story I need to tell...I'll start with a list then in parenthesis is the number of sets they had.

City 60004: Fire Station (2)

City 60036: Arctic Base Camp (2)

TMNT 79117: Turtle Lair Invasion (4)

Ninjago 70728: Battle for Ninjago City (2)

Legends of Chima 70145: Maula's Ice Mammoth Stomper (6)

And one more that I can not remember.

I am there on Friday, TMNT is 74, Chima is 80 the rest are full price. I stop by again on Monday, turns out the prices for all of those dropped on Saturday...to $25!!!!! Of course they are all gone. I've been stalking this Walmart for months checking Ninjago City and Arctic Base Camp and they stayed full price...and now.... This will haunt me :cry:
Walmart app. Learn it, live it, love it. I use it almost daily to check on clearance items in and around my area. If something goes on clearance it always tells me that the price has changed and been accurate. I'm in the same situation where I have 6+ TMNT Lair Invasions sitting on the shelf that I'm waiting to drop from $74. It's only a mile from my house but i dont always want to make a special stop.

Walmart app. Learn it, live it, love it. I use it almost daily to check on clearance items in and around my area. If something goes on clearance it always tells me that the price has changed and been accurate. I'm in the same situation where I have 6+ TMNT Lair Invasions sitting on the shelf that I'm waiting to drop from $74. It's only a mile from my house but i dont always want to make a special stop.
if you don't want to download the walmart app, brick seek.com has been pretty accurate lately with item prices at my local walmarts.

Hey all!

Thanks for the info on CC. I guess things really have changed since a few years ago... LOL

Oh well, I figured those exclusives were going to be hard to purchase.

Anybody else have their Target markup the Milano to $99.99 for no reason?

Here's to hoping a decent clearance start this Thursday.
Yes. All of the Targets I have been to lately that have it have put it at that ridiculous price. Also, the Darkseid set used to be a more reasonable 59.99, and is now back to 69.99. I haven't looked at everything, but it seemed that some other sets went up too.

Fortunately, the Cloud Cuckoo Palace went down by $1. Thanks, Target!

Went to the dentist and stopped at a nearby Walmart I don't frequent...found GOG Knowhere Escape for $19 and X-Men for $25. 

The boy and I have been patiently stalking this GOG set for the Groot figure, no way I was paying $40 for it!

My target marked all Lego princess and friends sets up $1 over msrp. I thought it was just a mistake, but is it possible target is going to toysr us pricing?

[quote name="ghostsong" post="12780288" timestamp="1435796841"]My target marked all Lego princess and friends sets up $1 over msrp. I thought it was just a mistake, but is it possible target is going to toysr us pricing?[/quote]
Targets around here have all switched to regional pricing. It's more obvious on stuff like transformers, where the Target near work is two bucks more for all deluxes than the one by my house.

One Target by me raised the price of the Darkseid set to $69.99 just to clearance it at 15% off, so oit's now $59.49... a savings of 50 cents. Yay.

Saw a 15% off Battle of the Five Armies, 50% off Batman Steam Roller, 50% off Benny's Spaceship, 50% one of the tiny City sets, 50% off Lego Movie police vehicle thingie, 30% off a lot of Chima sets...

My Target had marked all clearance items WAY up.  So much so, that on some of them 30% off was still above MSRP.  Have seen it happen with random items in the past, this time it was everything.

I saw the Agents truck, which is maybe the only thing I want from this clearance batch, but it was only $85 from $100. All Chima + Ninjago, otherwise.

Some none chima/ninjago stuff to look out for that I saw at the Target I went to yesterday morning:

Knowhere Escape Mission was 30% off

Ariel's Magical Kiss was 50% off

Battle of the Five Armies was 30% off

Olivia's Ice Cream Bike was 50% off

Ultra Agents Drillex, Invizable Gold, Stealth Patrol were all 30% off

Local target raised the price of the Guardians of the galaxy milano to 99.99 only to clearance it to retail of 69.99. Apparently this is the new retail model. :\

Local target raised the price of the Guardians of the galaxy milano to 99.99 only to clearance it to retail of 69.99. Apparently this is the new retail model. :\
And to think. A few months ago, there were some Targets that had that set clearanced down to 22.48! I wish I was able to find one of those!

Picked up a turbo tank microfighter for $5 at Walmart

Went to the minibuild today and my god the difference the reserved time makes, so much easier

I'm not into it either but that is cool looking.  However it says 12 minifigs in the description but I'm counting 14 in the photo.

I posted this on brickpicker, but figured I would post here as well:

There is a cartwheel coupon for 20% off clearance toys that is supposed to exclude LEGO. I have confirmed that it does work on LEGO clearance. Found a couple Ultra Agents Mission HQ sets and Ultracopter vs. Anti-Matter for $55.98 and $39.18 respectively after the cartwheel 20% off. Also got the Battle of The Five Armies for $33.58 after cartwheel coupon. Left Knowhere Escape Mission on the shelves, but some might be interested in that for $22.38 after cartwheel coupon.

I posted this on brickpicker, but figured I would post here as well:

There is a cartwheel coupon for 20% off clearance toys that is supposed to exclude LEGO. I have confirmed that it does work on LEGO clearance. Found a couple Ultra Agents Mission HQ sets and Ultracopter vs. Anti-Matter for $55.98 and $39.18 respectively after the cartwheel 20% off. Also got the Battle of The Five Armies for $33.58 after cartwheel coupon. Left Knowhere Escape Mission on the shelves, but some might be interested in that for $22.38 after cartwheel coupon.
Awesome!

So this might be a huge YMMV scenario, but my local Walmart had almost every Lego set on sale from 20-50% off.  Really bizarre because they almost never have stuff on sale.  I picked up the Ant Man final battle for $15 and the Mos Eisley Cantina for $29.  I feel like these are pricing mistakes or something because the Ant Man sets literally just came out.  Still, worth checking into. 

Not a mistake, other Walmarts nationwide have similar pricing. This is the time of year they start summer clearance, get ready for fall/back to school reset. Ant-man is just weird timing since it just came out last month and stores are doing their regular resets.

Not a Ninjago fan but that set looks great, very tempting

Good to know about the Cartwheel working on Lego. I almost tried on my lunch break but the ios Cartwheel app was refusing to load.

Last edited by a moderator:
I discovered this Lego forum a few weeks ago and wanted to contribute. Not guaranteed but if you have an amex card, check your card for an offer to get $30 back after spending $100 at Target or Walmart. I bought the Raptor Escape set from Walmart and a $60 gift card. Total was $102 but I got a $30 credit immediately. I did that at Target too and got the Dilophosaurus set and got the credit. 

Huge thanks for the pointer on the gallimimus trap set being free at Gamestop. I got one earlier today and am a happy camper.

Local Walmart had biggest Jurassic World set for $99 clearance and about half the new pirates stuff for about 30% off.  Most of the other clearance pricing was on older sets as expected.

Thanks for the Walmart posts.  I was out of town, and stopped at a Walmart, which I normally wouldn't do.  They had an endcap full of sets, ALL marked for $15.  Mostly Chima.  Couldn't resist buying a Mammoth and a Ninjago mech dragon at that price.  This was the Columbus, Ohio store on Taylor Station road if anyone lives in that area.  As of a few hours ago, they still had quite a bit.

I love this target cartwheel. It works in all lego, not just clearance. Picked up Arctic set, the white house, that groot set, the chima mammoth, creator set with parrot, doc ock set, mixels. I think that was it. I couldve went crazy, might hit a few more to see if it still works tomorrow.

First, thanks for the Cartwheel heads-up! I grabbed a couple of small Agents set and the Melting Room for cheap this afternoon. The Agents HQ truck was tempting, but I held off for now. I really want that hooded villain minifig!

Tonight I hit my closest Walmart and saw lots of the clearance stuff already mentioned. Most of the prices weren't mindblowing, but lots of $20 sets for $15, including ANT-MAN, which I bought. The Black Manta set was $30, so I got it to sit on for a month while I see if I can find it any cheaper. I fear I've missed getting that awesome Emmett construct-o-mech for a good price. It had a $45 shelf tag, but there were none to be found.

I found the Knowhere set for $33 at the third Target I tried, so that was a pretty good deal after Cartwheel. Found a lone Hydra tank marked down to $13 and change, too, and bought that with a quickness. I already have one, but hey, extra Hydra Soldier (and Cap and Red Skull!)

I also pulled the trigger on Emmett's construction mech when I found one for $45 at a different Walmart. What the heck. It looks awesome.

The ANT-MAN set I got is one of the old versions without the six extra pieces and the update to the instructions. Guess I'll put in a request to LEGO.

If you didn't see it, this page shows the difference:

http://www.thebrickfan.com/further-clarification-on-lego-marvel-super-heroes-ant-man-final-battle-76039-issue/
Thanks for this information...but wouldn't it be 12 extra pieces? At least, that's what the link says...or is there one missing only six out there as well?

Ant-Man set was the first MSRP set I bought this year because I am a sucker for Lego sci-fi-ish helmets.

Was able to find the SW Cantina for $49 at the fourth Walmart I visited this weekend. Really need to learn how to use the app.

Target was a bust for me even considering Cartwheel.

Ant-Man set was the first MSRP set I bought this year because I am a sucker for Lego sci-fi-ish helmets.

Was able to find the SW Cantina for $49 at the fourth Walmart I visited this weekend. Really need to learn how to use the app.

Target was a bust for me even considering Cartwheel.
The Walmart app is really iffy at best, so don't feel bad. I have had more luck just walking into Walmarts.

I stopped at WalMArt today...I misread the post above.  I thought the Cantina was $15.....was $49 at mine. I'm really waiting for Half-Off.....it's $56 right now at Amazon, so after Tax at WalMart close to the same price.

They did have a LOT at 30% off though.  Might have to get that Double Decker couch

I stopped at WalMArt today...I misread the post above. I thought the Cantina was $15.....was $49 at mine. I'm really waiting for Half-Off.....it's $56 right now at Amazon, so after Tax at WalMart close to the same price.

They did have a LOT at 30% off though. Might have to get that Double Decker couch
I think the couch set is great too.

I found myself using the calculator on my phone figuring out discounts because I'm bad at math. I can do the 25% and 30% easy enough but a bunch were 27.8% and other odd percentages.

I'd like to wait for half off but Walmart around me rarely drops clearance a second time. For example, there are still sets from last clearance that still have lower discounts than current drops or haven't evere dropped. (Guardians, Chima mammoth, Turtle lair and Artic big set).

I get taxed on Amazon so the discount was enough for me on the Cantina set. That was one of my gotta-have sets.

I'll go back and get the couch probably. I spent enough the past few days with target deals. Although, not even sure I'll keep all of those, some might go to ebay. I have a basement full of deals. Haha. I still have that mine set when it was like $30 price mistake.

:whistle2:
Check the Target inventory/price app(s) for the prices on the big Jurassic World sets. Late last week, I stumbled upon them being 70% off at 2-3 out of 100+ stores within 50 miles of me, including one store (Pacoima) not too far out of my way that had them in stock. Pacoima showed a restock overnight so I hauled over there this morning. Not quite as good for me as last week with the 20% Cartwheel discount bonus, but still a damn good deal.

204-00-0283 JW T-Rex set $20.98
204-00-1380 JW Indominous Rex set $38.98

I've been checking most if not all of the DPCIs for the lines I'm interested in, however none of the 3 smaller JW sets are on clearance at any store within 50 miles of me. Most of the other stuff has already been reported.

I was looking for JW sets at Target last night.  They were wiped clean other than 1-2 of the $20SRP Pteranodon sets.  The stock tracker shows nearly all the Targets near me wiped out of both those sets karkyco.

Meijer still had plenty of all of them. Grabbed the Dilophosaurus and Raptor sets.  Speaking of, has anyone seen the Raptor Pen set (has the other two Raptors from the movie) anywhere but lego.com?    

I also picked up all of series 5 Mixels.  Still loving all of those.

Grabbed my daughter the Fairground Mixer for her birthday this coming weekend.  I'm looking forward to helping her with that one.   :)

I was looking for JW sets at Target last night. They were wiped clean other than 1-2 of the $20SRP Pteranodon sets. The stock tracker shows nearly all the Targets near me wiped out of both those sets karkyco.

Meijer still had plenty of all of them. Grabbed the Dilophosaurus and Raptor sets. Speaking of, has anyone seen the Raptor Pen set (has the other two Raptors from the movie) anywhere but lego.com?

I also picked up all of series 5 Mixels. Still loving all of those.

Grabbed my daughter the Fairground Mixer for her birthday this coming weekend. I'm looking forward to helping her with that one. :)
The Raptor pen is Walmart exclusive.

Noticed that raptor set is sold out on lego.com but I saw it pretty consistently at Walmarts while I was hunting for clearance this weekend. Several stores had red shelf tags but they were still $39.xx.

bread's done
Back