LEGO Deals 3

The Zombies set is as high as $250 on amazon right now. It is so high because it was a Target exclusive outside of lego.com that was only available for 4-5 months in 2012.
Amazon is not a good gauge, as their high sellers are often ridiculous. That said, I sold my Zombies set for $199 on eBay last year.

I didn't buy it to resell. I really wanted the Zombie minifigs, but when the set skyrocketed and I realized I could rebuy the minifigs at a fraction of the cost, I sold it. Like Fatbot3 said, it's a mediocre set. Minifigs are awesome, though!

Amazon is not a good gauge, as their high sellers are often ridiculous. That said, I sold my Zombies set for $199 on eBay last year.

I didn't buy it to resell. I really wanted the Zombie minifigs, but when the set skyrocketed and I realized I could rebuy the minifigs at a fraction of the cost, I sold it. Like Fatbot3 said, it's a mediocre set. Minifigs are awesome, though!
I wasn't stating an opinion on the set itself, I don't own it myself. I was stating why I believe it has jumped up so much in price, which draws a lot of comparison to 75920. Also, ebay has had sold listings for The Zombies at $249.99 in the last 2 weeks, so ebay and amazon are not really that far off from each other. My main point is that I think 75920 is done and, if so, it could see a dramatic increase in price very quickly. So, if you want it, get it soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I placed a pickup order for the Escape at the one store that had it in stock nearby because !PANIC!

We'll see if there's actually one available!

I still haven't seen JWorld. Heh.

It's really good as long as your nostalgia for the first one is in check.
It never is. My kids are too young so I'm relegated to most summer blockbusters being home things (though oddly I think I like homee 3D more). I would however get a UCS JP set if they ever came out with one.

Honestly, I don't understand why there aren't more helicarriers. God knows I'd buy some epic JP main hall or Scooby Doo castle even if I bought no other sets from the collection.

Looks like the Death Star is finally done. It's sold out at Legostore.com and doesn't say when it would be in stock again. Was talking to the guy at the Lego store a few months ago and he told me they were not going to retire it until they had something as big to replace it with. Hopefully that means we get a sweet new UCS soon.

Looks like the Death Star is finally done. It's sold out at Legostore.com and doesn't say when it would be in stock again. Was talking to the guy at the Lego store a few months ago and he told me they were not going to retire it until they had something as big to replace it with. Hopefully that means we get a sweet new UCS soon.
Excellent, here's hoping it's an incredible set from The Force Awakens

Actually we should get a big Star Wars set in Aeptember but the rumour is it's a masssive Echo ?) base. The snow base in case I have the name wrong.

At Walnart the JW bases were gone. All of them must have been $85 and not just the open one. Sadly no more movie couches. I hopefully have one that's not missing anything.

TRU had 70147, a Chima set with 675 pieces, for $49. Looked pretty good because it's a castle and not a vehicle.

I feel like Lego vastly underestimated the popularity of the Jurassic World sets. They're mostly out of stock at almost every store and even shop at home themselves had over half of them back stocked at one point.

I would have hoped they would have a wave 2 planned but I'm pretty sure they don't.

Man, I'd be down for a Jurassic Park UCS. Hell a few of those sets on Ideas would kick ass.

I wouldn't say Universal(and LEGO) underestimated demand, I think they proceeded with caution when it came to marketing JW overall. The selection of merchandise was just generally underwhelming. They had no idea what kind of hit they had on their hands when greenlighting merchandise. It's been a few years but they were still coming off the abysmal performance of JPIII.

I think there will be a second wave of merchandise in stores by Christmas.

In regards to the Raptor set, has a previous store exclusive ever gone into a 'wide release' at a later date? i.e. making it more of a timed exclusive. Or maybe we'll see a Wave 2 with the two Raptors and minifigs in a different set.

Sorry, they cancelled my in-store pickup order. WalMart sucks. I Think I've placed maybe 10 in-store pick-up orders in the past...one went smoothly.
Thanks for the attempt.

Man, I'd be down for a Jurassic Park UCS. Hell a few of those sets on Ideas would kick ass.

I wouldn't say Universal(and LEGO) underestimated demand, I think they proceeded with caution when it came to marketing JW overall. The selection of merchandise was just generally underwhelming. They had no idea what kind of hit they had on their hands when greenlighting merchandise. It's been a few years but they were still coming off the abysmal performance of JPIII.

I think there will be a second wave of merchandise in stores by Christmas.

In regards to the Raptor set, has a previous store exclusive ever gone into a 'wide release' at a later date? i.e. making it more of a timed exclusive. Or maybe we'll see a Wave 2 with the two Raptors and minifigs in a different set.

Thanks for the attempt.
On their website, they indicate that they are out of stock on certain JW sets but they also state they will be shipping some out in 30 days. It looks like there will be a restock.

Boom.  Just got a Zoolert for lego.com just a few minutes ago.  Raptor Escape IN STOCK and ordered.  The $7 shipping always sucks*, but I had $5 in points to help offset it.  

*especially since I'll be ordering the BBT set in a few days.  Coulda got free shipping with the two.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there was a person on the planet who could have guessed how big Jurassic World would have been. From LEGOs point of view it's better to not have enough than to have way too many. What I find interesting is that a Walmart near me that has a ton of rom for LEGO got rid of the JW base set. I guess there are just too many sets coming out next week for them to fit it all.

It's pretty crazy how many sets are coming out in August. Guess that means there will be great clearance at the end of the year on all the sets that are coming out next week.

Speaking of new stuff, I spotted the Batboat set with Deathstroke at a local Target last night. There was only one left on the shelf. It's a $30 set. Pretty cool boat, and obviously Deathstroke is a cool minifig that folks will want.

^ and Big Bang Theory

Just got an "Out of Stock" email on the Raptor set. Bummer.

Thank you for ordering from shop.LEGO.com. Unfortunately, the item(s) listed below are currently out of stock and it will be a little longer before we can ship them to you.

Two Scooby sets were at TRU today (mystery machine and plane). I miss how TRU used to go a month or so before applying the TRU tax. Also saw the new Ninjago set Green Giant likes and Friends sets that were new to me at least.

Saw LOTS of half off clearance at Kroger today.  Most Chima, Arctic, Agents, Ninjago, Technic, TMNT,  and the Minecraft Dragon along with a few other things.

I wanna know where these magical Kroger's are that have LEGO sets.  lol  I have dozens of Krogers near me but I've never seen a single LEGO set.

I think Kroger Marketplace locations are guaranteed to have LEGO, but quite a few non-marketplace stores have full toy sections as well.  Corvin, you're in the Columbus area, right(or is that someone else...)?  I know the store in Pickerington and the one on South Hamilton both have them.  Not sure which others, but I know there are quite a few.

Louisville.  Good memory though, we travel(ed) up to Cinci/Columbus a few times, that where we hit the LEGO store.  

Since we don't have one here, we hit 'em up everywhere we go.  So the Indy, Cinci, Nashville & St Louis stores get our business.  lol

I wanna know where these magical Kroger's are that have LEGO sets. lol I have dozens of Krogers near me but I've never seen a single LEGO set.
Check any that are or used to be 24 hour locations. Those are all the ones that carry Lego around me. It has been dry there for clearance for the last little while, though.

I've never liked the way Lego packages the minifigs with their books. I'd rather the book be thinner with the minifig on the outside so that it doesn't take up as much room on my bookcase.

I've never liked the way Lego packages the minifigs with their books. I'd rather the book be thinner with the minifig on the outside so that it doesn't take up as much room on my bookcase.
I completely agree with this, but they don't do that because then they are easier to steal the mini figure.

I saw the new August sets at the Lego store in King of Prussia. Never thought I'd ever be saying "definitely plan on buying Scooby Doo Lego."

Saw all the new DC, Marvel and Scooby sets last night at TRU with the exception of the Mystery Machine of course
Definitely plan on getting some of those when I get paid but I was more excited about the new mini figure display cases which look really nice. They are $29.99 at TRU but Amazon has them up for preorder for $19.99

I'm glad I got the Mystery Machine, but I'm lukewarm on the rest of them. I might get the mansion if I find it on sale at some point. But the MF mansion spoiled me

Saw all the new DC, Marvel and Scooby sets last night at TRU with the exception of the Mystery Machine of course
Definitely plan on getting some of those when I get paid but I was more excited about the new mini figure display cases which look really nice. They are $29.99 at TRU but Amazon has them up for preorder for $19.99
I saw the new minifig cases last week at mine. Really wish I didn't buy mine back in March.

I'm a little late posting, but all Chima clearance at my local Target went to 70% off today.  Super Heroes and Agents went to 50%. 

I haven't seen a Benny's spaceship at a Target in about 6 months and I've been to five of them in two different states.

I haven't seen a Benny's spaceship at a Target in about 6 months and I've been to five of them in two different states.
Last week, prior to some stores dropping to 70% off that week, the Granada Hills store was showing 16 in stock. I informed a few of my friends that live closer to that store as I wasn't interested in making the trek (I had gotten a few for gifts and 1 for myself at the beginning of the year when some Targets put them on clearance for the same discount, $29.98 each). I watched the inventory count at that store drop slowly last Thursday from 16 to 14, then 13, then straight from 13 -> to 0.

Oddly enough, the inventory jumped last Friday back to 14, then to 0 a bit later.

Another store I was watching that was much closer to me had a a dozen or so showing in stock last week (and visually confirmed at least 9 or 10, up until yesterday), but went to $49.98 last week before hitting $29.98 yesterday. Didn't get there in time, but oh well. I'm pretty sure the price is $29.98 for it target-wide, as that's all that shows, other than N/A at a few locations, at every other location.

I would love to find one but my Targets cleared them out in January. You are on the west coast right? East coast seems to clearance things faster. I checked where my mom lives and around me. Not sold at any stores besides on in CT that's out of stock.

I haven't seen any Benny's Spaceships except at TRU ever. I don't know if my local Targets and Wal-Marts just never carried them or what, but I've been to every one within a 50 mile radius while Lego hunting and none of them have had it.

bread's done
Back