LEGO Deals 3

Found the following today at target:

Skull warrior bionicle for $4.98
Heartlake lighthouse for $27.98
Ninjago titanium dragon for $11.98
Cinderella's dream carriage for $10.98
Jasmine's exotic palace for $13.98

Still trying to figure out what's going on with the Spaceport at a local Walmart. It's down to $30, and brickseeks shows 2 or more in stock (3 last I saw them a couple weeks ago). Even Walmart.com shows it available for pickup at the store today, but I haven't seen them the last several times I've checked throughout the last two weeks. Any ideas? I doubt somebody hid them...could I order online for the $90 price and get it matched upon pickup?

Still trying to figure out what's going on with the Spaceport at a local Walmart. It's down to $30, and brickseeks shows 2 or more in stock (3 last I saw them a couple weeks ago). Even Walmart.com shows it available for pickup at the store today, but I haven't seen them the last several times I've checked throughout the last two weeks. Any ideas? I doubt somebody hid them...could I order online for the $90 price and get it matched upon pickup?
Your results might vary. I tried the same in-store pick up for a Walmart that had the millennium falcon and death Star final duel, it worked but I could have just gotten lucky with a confused manager.

Walmart's inventory is horrible between the app and brickseek it's still a crap shoot. Between people scamming Walmart with barcode swaps, salvaged/damaged inventory and inventory not getting updated just makes it harder.
I was looking for a Marro Dragon set, brickseek showed 4 at $17 in a store (I figured I would have a pretty good chance to get it). None on the shelf, asked someone on the ground and it did pop up on their handheld, I asked if he could check in the back, said that it should be on the shelf, if not, then it might be an inventory problem, etc. I check back this morning and stock is now 0, so I'm guessing the just got them for himself :( oh well

Results are in for Lego Ideas:

Caterham Super Seven:

1699508-o_1988ujtu12s5vs814lkrl91c9i7-full.JPG

and........ Adventure Time!

1776915-o_19d01afui6jdqvm1jlm1lmj1e1n7-full.jpg

The cars look awesome, not sure I'll get them but will likely. I love Adventure Time but I'm not sure about brick built characters. I'll really be interested on price for both of these as licensing should not impact price much for either.

I'm really done with Walmart clearance listings on BrickSeek as I have had absolutely no luck at all. It's good to know through reports here and on other boards as to what to keep an eye for but Walmarts inventory system is just too unreliable.

I watched the Ideas announcement this morning and was initially let down with the cars set. I think there isn't going to be strong interest in this set which means production numbers will probably be low which then means they will sell out almost immediately and then people will be scrambling for them. Then when the dust finally settles they will only sell for $10 more than retail on eBay. (Like the female scientist set now)
But today's announcement was redeemed with the Adventure Time set! Looking forward to that one.

Adventure Time set will probably be $60-$70 which is insane.

However I think that pretty much confirms there will be a LEGO Dimensions Adventure Time level pack.

Just finished the Palace Cinema today...in an odd occurrence, I would up with an extra brown 1x2 flat tile. The set uses 4, which I double-checked are accounted for, and I have a 5th...

Just finished the Palace Cinema today...in an odd occurrence, I would up with an extra brown 1x2 flat tile. The set uses 4, which I double-checked are accounted for, and I have a 5th...
I don't understand, how exactly is that odd? I have gotten a few extra 1x2 flats in sets before.

Those Adventure Time branded sets will be fun. I'll buy them all. Just wish there was a Prismo.

I don't understand, how exactly is that odd? I have gotten a few extra 1x2 flats in sets before.

Those Adventure Time branded sets will be fun. I'll buy them all. Just wish there was a Prismo.
It was odd for me because it's the first time it's happened to me...usually the extras are always just the one-stud pieces and then some of the oddities like technic pins, blasters, and claws. Never had a 2-stud extra in any other set. Maybe it isn't that uncommon, though...

I always get random leftover pieces, not just studs. Actually going to put together the brick bank this weekend . The modulars always have an assortment of leftovers.

My wife has been buying the Elves sets that come with the dragons which are really cute.

Adventure Time set will probably be $60-$70 which is insane.

However I think that pretty much confirms there will be a LEGO Dimensions Adventure Time level pack.
Sneaky.... bet you're right though. I actually think the cars will be pretty collectible because as long as they don't change the detail it should easily be the highest piece count set for Ideas. That said, it's gonna need modular level price/piece ratio (.e.g. 1000 pieces for 80 bucks) in order to sell reasonably well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I used to be so crazy for Adventure Time but I kind of cooled off. 

They're not exactly striking while the iron is hot here - but it is undeniably cool to see one of my favorite things of recent years become a set. 

Part of me wishes these were uber cute minifigs with lots of printing - and the crazy post apocalyptic environments were the sets.

Who am I kidding? I'll still buy them if I can swing it.

I picked up the two GM sets yesterday from the Lego store, Camaro and Corvette.  I love these sets!  Fun builds and a lot of value for the money.  The kids had fun staging their own races too, so whenever the kids get some playtime out of my purchases I don't feel as bad for spending the money, heh.  :D/

I saved up for the Ghostbusters HQ, but I figure I should get either Slave-1 or the Sandcrawler first during double points.

Every time I try to justify the Sandcrawler, I see $299 for what is essentially a big lumpy brown box on treads.

Anyone have experience or opinions on it?  I have heard good things about Slave-1.

I picked up the two GM sets yesterday from the Lego store, Camaro and Corvette. I love these sets! Fun builds and a lot of value for the money. The kids had fun staging their own races too, so whenever the kids get some playtime out of my purchases I don't feel as bad for spending the money, heh. :D/
That's good to hear. I placed an online order yesterday that included the Camaros, the Corvette, and the Mustang. I love the car sets!

The little Friends archery range set is $2 off this week at Target, knocking it down to about $7. It has a cool crossbow and some other neat parts. I think there's a hedgehog? I bought one. There were some other Friends sets on sale, but I didn't make note of them.

That's good to hear. I placed an online order yesterday that included the Camaros, the Corvette, and the Mustang. I love the car sets!

The little Friends archery range set is $2 off this week at Target, knocking it down to about $7. It has a cool crossbow and some other neat parts. I think there's a hedgehog? I bought one. There were some other Friends sets on sale, but I didn't make note of them.
Target has 20% off Lego Friends, City and Jurassic World I believe.

I saved up for the Ghostbusters HQ, but I figure I should get either Slave-1 or the Sandcrawler first during double points.

Every time I try to justify the Sandcrawler, I see $299 for what is essentially a big lumpy brown box on treads.

Anyone have experience or opinions on it? I have heard good things about Slave-1.
I would have bought it yesterday but they were out so I picked up a modular I've been missing (Detective's Office). I haven't built the sandcrawler but messed around with the display at the store and watched some detailed reviews. I'd say the biggest thing about it is that it's really, really well engineered. It's really sturdy despite it's size and still has tons and tons or interactive elements. It's the only UCS I've considered based solely on the fact that SW ships don't really have any playability I don't have room to wantonly display things.

For those in the Atlanta area I was told to call back Thursday for damaged items that would get double points and the bonus. Currently the only large sets getting them are the technic Mercedes and Fairground Mixer, both with about 75 bucks in credit coming back based on VIP points.

As far as other clearance only thing of note was a Raptor Escape for 20 bucks in a lightly beat up box and a Phoenix Fire Temple for 55 in a very damaged box.

Target has 20% off Lego Friends, City and Jurassic World I believe.
Hmmm, wonder if I could get an additional 20% off the raptor rampage sets I just picked up for half off $24.98. I did get them to manually adjust an additional 15% off via the cartwheel Jurassic world figure/toy coupon since it has no Lego exclusions, but even with that it doesn't beat the $14.98 (70% off) I previously got them for. EDIT: NVM just saw that it's only on the diliphosaurus set.

Btw the Lego friends hot air balloon is ringing up $15.99...ignore the shelf tag stating "on sale $23.99"

Anyone have experience or opinions on it? I have heard good things about Slave-1.
I can't speak for the Sandcrawler, but the Slave 1 is an incredible build. I did one bag a day to make it last, except the final day I did two bags (since the final one is just the display stand)...definitely my favorite set since I got the LEGO itch a couple months ago and started buying a ton of stuff. The other user that commented is right that play features are limited; it's meant to be a display model, so aside from a loading ramp to put Han-in-Carbonite on board, and a couple hidden weapons, there's really nothing in the way of gimmicks. But it looks beautiful, and you can add a little play to it if you buy tye Carbon Freezing Chamber to make a little Bespin setup...

I kinda want the TIE Fighter now...and the Ewok Village...I think I would go for those or another modular (just finished the Palace Cinema) before the Sandcrawler.

I think there's a bigger selection of Friends sets on sale on the website. The Friends Hotel and Friends Food Market, for example.
So many good pieces... so little money....

I bought the Jurassic World Jeep and Ball set for $19, a Friends recording Studio for $9 and a Friends Hot Air Balloon for $13 from AWD.

I actually hate most of the Friends sets, but I love the color scheme of the pop star sets... Yes, I have all but the house. Til I order it with this sale, of course...

They're less dollhouse-like than the normal Friends sets too, which is a plus for me.

I love that jeep. Kinda regret applying the Jurassic stickers on it because I could use it for other things.
I'm not applying the stickers I rarely do, only when really needed like the Scooby van and a Friends pet clinic, the set looked lame without them.

I mainly want it for the dinosaur, and the ball and to remind me that I went on an awesome date to see the movie. :)

I actually hate most of the Friends sets, but I love the color scheme of the pop star sets... Yes, I have all but the house. Til I order it with this sale, of course...

They're less dollhouse-like than the normal Friends sets too, which is a plus for me.
I like a ton of the friends sets and oddly enough kind of dislike the color of the pop star sets. I love the jungle and now camping sets the most, plus you get a ton of awesome new pieces with the sets. I'm not normally bothered by the doll house bit of the sets, besides this years, there is a bakery and something else and it really is just 2.5 walls, it really looks bad. The house is great though, $40 for 600 pieces.

My wife has the pop star house which is a neat little build. One of the things that made me laugh though was the surveillance camera it has on the outside for stalkers haha

Finished the first two sets of bags of the brick bank last night. Hope to finish tonight. My wife is rearranging our display in hopes of making all six modulars we have fit together. Might be crowded if they fit. Then will have to worry about more room for a seventh modular next year. I really need a house with a basement or put everything away until the oldest moves out in a couple of years.

There was a Scooby Castle for $66 on AWD. But there was also a cow cargo train for $118. There was the passenger train for $96-108.

Finished the brick bank last night and although I like it I didn't realize that it was another corner piece so my six modulars don't exactly fit together as one street now. Think I may reorganize them into two 3 piece streets. I am hoping that like the winter toy shop we may get slightly retooled rereleases of older modulars like the hotel and green grocer.

Got an email from TRU this morning for select sets at 20% off through March 19. But of course due to the TRU tax, they only end up being a couple of bucks under what all the other stores are selling for retail.

If anyone was on the fence about selling their Silver Centurions on eBay I would encourage you to do so. Listed mine on Saturday and already have 29 bids and five days left. Price is already hovering around what my initial Buy It Now price was.

Do you still receive double VIP points for items ordered online that are expected in stock after the promo period ends?

Also, anyone know any online stores that have good display cases for the larger UCS sets (Sandcrawler, Tumbler and Slave 1)? I found one for the Tumbler, but their UK based and shipping is really expensive. Perhaps someone's come across some good DIY case solutions for those larger sets?

Do you still receive double VIP points for items ordered online that are expected in stock after the promo period ends?

Also, anyone know any online stores that have good display cases for the larger UCS sets (Sandcrawler, Tumbler and Slave 1)? I found one for the Tumbler, but their UK based and shipping is really expensive. Perhaps someone's come across some good DIY case solutions for those larger sets?
I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure you get the points because the order is placed. You may even get charged or at least authorized. As far as DIY case solutions what do you mean by that?

I assume he wants a display case. I've never looked into it, but what about basketball display cases, or acrylic aquariums?

Those displays at Target would probably be great too.

I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure you get the points because the order is placed. You may even get charged or at least authorized. As far as DIY case solutions what do you mean by that?
I figured that was the case since it shows the points in the cart prior to checkout, but I just wanted to make sure nobody had issues on prior orders before I placed mine.

I assume he wants a display case. I've never looked into it, but what about basketball display cases, or acrylic aquariums?

Those displays at Target would probably be great too.
Most of the UCS are far too large for the standard basketball/football displays unfortunately. I've never worked with acrylic sheets before so if anyone has had experience cutting and putting them together, I'd love to hear your ideas. I'll make a run to Michael's sometime and see what they say there and post. Should've asked some of the people at Brickworld to see how they like to display some of their models.

I found a couple small creator sets on clearence at target, the chopper transporter and a small jet.
Original price was $9.99 marked down to $4.98
The dpci for the jet is 204001585 and for the chopper transporter was 204001585

bread's done
Back