LEGO Deals 3

The only real difference on Market Street is the white flexible tubes (used to make the balconies) are not the right thickness and don't support the skeleton arms to complete the balcony railing. That, and the one turntable (black square with spinny grey circle) is not as ironclad stuck together as genuine Lego.

But honestly...so what? That's 5 out of 1200 pieces. It was about $45 shipped. Complete originals go for ~$500 on eBay.

Everything else was spot on, including the minifigures. I don't know if they're getting better or it's just set variation, but this set had the more detailed face printing and clothing and they were indistinguishable from genuine product.

I've been putting together a genuine Slave-1 at the same time, and the bricks are essentially the same. Once again, zero tolerance or build issues, except for the above. Everything holds together and fits and feels like it should. I had to remind myself they were not official bricks.

I wonder which worries Lego more: that LEPIN counterfeits their stuff, or what would happen if they ever went legit.
how good was the feel? I've been to china and purchased several of the minifigs from Decool, SY and so on. Getting an imperial destroyer for $150 sound good, but I've gone the knock off route and been disapointed.

this is the one i bought in malaysia for $30. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Star-Wars-Millennium-Falcon-Outer-Space-Ship-Building-Blocks-Toys-Gift-for-Children-Compatible/32611970107.html?spm=2114.40010408.3.20.4P6lNg

Instructions were fine, but it doesnt stay together and looks like shit.

To me the knock offs feels of lesser quality, maybe waxy alittle vs smooth.

When taking sets apart, I literally use the instructions in reverse order and use the orange tool (comes with every set it seems lately) to take pieces apart and put them in bags.
Dude, that has to take nearly as long as building them!

When my son's shelves get too crowded I make him pick a bunch and we each rip one apart while watching a movie or something. We can usually go through 10 or so an hour depending on the sizes. Ziploc with set #'s sharpied on them. We put all our instructions together in a separate box so they wont get ripped up. Actually, this is one of his Xmas break chores...dusting and breaking down Legos sets to make room for the ones he might :whistle2: get this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lego just opened a huge factory in china, lets see if that starts adding any pressure to LEPIN.
That's probably how Lepin is stealing their process! It would be funny if the factories were right next to each other.

In other news, I still haven't gotten a pickup alert for my train. I may be SOL.

In other, other news, I finally got sick of staring at the ugly DeLorean set so I sold it for $70.

Does anyone here build something that isn't sets?

Stick all the windows in one boxes, all the wall pieces in another. Then the instructions go in a box. That way if I want to build it again I know where most of the pieces are. Plus I can get the instructions online.

Does anyone here build something that isn't sets?

Stick all the windows in one boxes, all the wall pieces in another. Then the instructions go in a box. That way if I want to build it again I know where most of the pieces are. Plus I can get the instructions online.
my son does some MOC stuff. he's getting really good at building his ideas out.

I wonder which worries Lego more: that LEPIN counterfeits their stuff, or what would happen if they ever went legit.
I know this off topic but seeing your familiar with the 3P transformers market I have to suspect that could happen with Lepin. After about 5-6 years the 3P market is now pretty much kicking HaTak's butt and if this bookstore is any indication, Lepin can find some Chinese people to eventually design some compelling modulars that fit well with the official Lego. When that happens, I'm not going to turn away 4000 pieces for 75 bucks that makes another cool building for my collection.

I know this off topic but seeing your familiar with the 3P transformers market I have to suspect that could happen with Lepin. After about 5-6 years the 3P market is now pretty much kicking HaTak's butt and if this bookstore is any indication, Lepin can find some Chinese people to eventually design some compelling modulars that fit well with the official Lego. When that happens, I'm not going to turn away 4000 pieces for 75 bucks that makes another cool building for my collection.
While I agree. Why would they want to hire Chinese when they can just go online and steal people's ideas? (Like they did with the Bookstore.)

So I bought two 60096 Deep Sea Bases for $85 at TRU. How would it work if I returned one? I know in store for a BOGO40% off they just take 20% off of the items, but on the shipping slip it says $50 and $30. Can I return only the $50 one? :lol:

While I agree. Why would they want to hire Chinese when they can just go online and steal people's ideas? (Like they did with the Bookstore.)

So I bought two 60096 Deep Sea Bases for $85 at TRU. How would it work if I returned one? I know in store for a BOGO40% off they just take 20% off of the items, but on the shipping slip it says $50 and $30. Can I return only the $50 one? :lol:
I have not had experience doing it but I know in some of the other threads people have had success returning the more expensive game on the shipping slip and still keeping the lower price on the other item. YMMV I suppose

The problem is that both items are exactly the same, thus the UPCs are the same.  How would the system differentiate the two?  If they programmed it correctly (to Toys R Us'ssess benefit), it would accept the first one and offer up the lower return amount and the second one at the higher return amount.

I wouldn't risk it unless you can cancel the return once they scan it and the register indicates the potential return amount.  Also, since I missed out on the sale on it I'd be more than happy to buy it off you  O:)

The problem is that both items are exactly the same, thus the UPCs are the same. How would the system differentiate the two? If they programmed it correctly (to Toys R Us'ssess benefit), it would accept the first one and offer up the lower return amount and the second one at the higher return amount.

I wouldn't risk it unless you can cancel the return once they scan it and the register indicates the potential return amount. Also, since I missed out on the sale on it I'd be more than happy to buy it off you O:)
I'm thinking they either return $42.50 (half the price) or I'll just end returning both if they try to screw me over. I won't worry about it until after Christmas anyways. Or maybe when it's open at 2am, there are no lines then.

I'd sell it to you but it would be for $42.50 plus shipping, and after shipping I doubt it be worth it for you. I'm sure it will be come Monday. :lol:

Hell with Craigslist in my area I could charge $85 (price I paid for both) for one and probably sell it really quickly.

Hey, saw the batman minifigs at my Target, any way to get them under MSRP? Any sales going on? otherwise I may head to ebay and look for a full set.

Hey, saw the batman minifigs at my Target, any way to get them under MSRP? Any sales going on? otherwise I may head to ebay and look for a full set.
You save 5% with a Red Card. :) Just remember a complete set will cost more because it's Batman and because there are 20 figures. I'd really love to buy a box. One series for me, one a friend would buy and an extra to see in 6 months and make my money back.

And I was thinking. If TRU online does returns of two $40 items as $30 and $50, what was to stop me from buying a $60 and BOGO40% the other for $30 and returning the $60 one? Of course I'm using logic and TRU has clearly lacked that for... ever. Where is Primm when you need him? :)

You save 5% with a Red Card. :) Just remember a complete set will cost more because it's Batman and because there are 20 figures. I'd really love to buy a box. One series for me, one a friend would buy and an extra to see in 6 months and make my money back.

And I was thinking. If TRU online does returns of two $40 items as $30 and $50, what was to stop me from buying a $60 and BOGO40% the other for $30 and returning the $60 one? Of course I'm using logic and TRU has clearly lacked that for... ever. Where is Primm when you need him? :)
Do any retailers sell complete unopened boxes. I might consider it for this series.

I remember our local Target had them at $3 for a while but they're $4 now, right? Cheapest o ebay is 115 so that's at minimum a 35 dollar markup so no thanks.

When did Target have them for $3? They have been using the same code for all the series now so they don't bother to clearance the mini figures out anymore. Are you sure it wasn't 3 years ago with series 10 (Which was $3)? :p

Do any retailers sell complete unopened boxes. I might consider it for this series.
If Target hasn't stuck the boxes out yet you can ask for them to go in the back and get a box.

Targets around me have 450-650 mini figures. That must include Batman. I doubt they have that many of Series whatever and Disney.

(However you will need to open the box to get one to scan.)

When did Target have them for $3? They have been using the same code for all the series now so they don't bother to clearance the mini figures out anymore. Are you sure it wasn't 3 years ago with series 10 (Which was $3)? :p
)
There was a time frame of about 1 - 2 weeks right when series 16 (or Disney wave) was hitting target that they were ringing up at $3.19. I remember because in addition to grabbing whatever the new wave was I also got price adjustments on everything I had purchased right before the sale price or glitch, whatever it was

Part of me is actually proud of you for being such a cheap ass. Would you even save money when you factor in gas money and wasting your time in a Christmas line?
Yeah, I was definitely being too much of a cheapass. I go to Salem every couple of weeks so I didn't think it would be a big deal. It's only about a 15 minute drive.

Do they even offer free shipping at a certain threshold? Stop being a n00b and get a red card.
Oh I have the red card... It was a dumb decision lol.

I guess I'll just buy the parts I'm missing to complete the 2006 train I got for $1.50 last year :)

Also there is no minimum for free shipping through December 24 or 26. :) You like in Massachusetts. You would have saved like a dollar by picking it up in NH when you take into account gas and the 15 minutes.

Hell Amazon is giving me hell over a heater I bought my mom, seems to be lost in the mail. I got a (horribly packed) package from Target 37 hours after placing an order at 2am. However they thought it was a good idea to stick Lindt truffles in a baggie... The returns people at Target are going to love me. I hope it's the hot guy. :lol: I have a ton of stuff to return, from four different orders. My coffee should come tomorrow and shirt (That I might return) on Friday. I love Target*.

*(I love them as long as they keep letting me return tons and tons of stuff.) :)

Boom!

LEGO Seasonal Valentine Picnic (40236) by Allen Tran, on Flickr

My son and I saw the rest of the new Batman Movie sets at TRU tonight. These are some off the wall sets. Didn't buy anything as TRU markup was in full effect...$19.99 for the small Joker balloon set :speaktothehand: . Ironically, we stopped in to see if the Batman minifigs were in yet and they weren't. Didn't check any Targets though :wall: .

Went to target and found the new batman minifigs at the front register. So far picked up fairy batman, catman, the mime and king tut.

Since there's 3 complete sets per box of the batman minifigs can we assume each row from an unopened box is a set?  Theres 3 rows per box if thats the case it would be great for us to just grab a row from a new box!  What do you guys think can someone confirm this if there target already has them in stock?

Ferris wheel is $160 at Walmart. Buy now, think later. I had it shipped home this time :lol:
:applause:

I regret not getting the Toy Shop when AWD had one (probably missing half the pieces) for $51, or Target when it was $56-$63.

Target's going to love me when I end up returning chapstick, chocolate, a DVD, and a Dimension tomorrow. They are all on separate orders. Of course I also have like $300 in LEGO I can't really afford, but I'll wait on that.

Since there's 3 complete sets per box of the batman minifigs can we assume each row from an unopened box is a set? Theres 3 rows per box if thats the case it would be great for us to just grab a row from a new box! What do you guys think can someone confirm this if there target already has them in stock?
i dont think thats the case.

Please ignore this post as I am just looking to vent. 

This is a follow-up to my online leog scooby doo mansion order I placed with TRU during their sale a couple weeks ago. 

TRU sends an email saying the order with the mansion has shipped. I watch the tracking everyday and see that it is stuck at label created. I call today and am informed that the product is out of stock and they will be unable to complete the order. I didn't go off on the person but what that's just really shitty inventory management. For the "inconvenience" I was refunded my money and I get 10% off my next online order.  fuck TRU. Thankfully, I had placed an in store pick up order as a backup once I had heard about cancelled orders and orders being backstocked so at least I still  have my mansion. 

Please ignore this post as I am just looking to vent.
This is a follow-up to my online leog scooby doo mansion order I placed with TRU during their sale a couple weeks ago.
TRU sends an email saying the order with the mansion has shipped. I watch the tracking everyday and see that it is stuck at label created. I call today and am informed that the product is out of stock and they will be unable to complete the order. I didn't go off on the person but what that's just really shitty inventory management. For the "inconvenience" I was refunded my money and I get 10% off my next online order. fuck TRU. Thankfully, I had placed an in store pick up order as a backup once I had heard about cancelled orders and orders being backstocked so at least I still have my mansion.
I feel like this tactic will result in some sort of consumer protection law in the future. Tons of stores do this now, not just Toys R Us. Guaranteed they will have that Scooby Doo set for sale online again. They just didn't want to sell one to you at the sale price. If you actually complete an order at that price, the store should be (I know, they aren't) obligated to sell that item to you at that price whenever it's back in stock. As it stands they just sloppily clear extra inventory and then jack the price back up after they've freed up some space. Amazon does this in real time, but places like TRU are too crusty-old to have that kind of capability, so they just take a gob of orders and cancel the ones they feel like canceling later.

Checked Target this morning...no Batman minis.  Checked this afternoon and two new boxes...one Disney and one Series 16 :wall: 

Did you get 20% off at Target skiizim?

Went to Target tonight, and down the aisle I see the Batman minifigure box is out!  Walk over to it, only to find it filled with series 16 :(

Is my Target the only one that doesn't stick minifigure boxes out? They stick them on a side cap.

And there will never be a law to pass that will give customers rights. Costumers aren't people, only corporations are people.

I bought something Saturday on Amazon with Prime and it sat in the post office in Ohio for 3.5 days. Why the fuck Amazon gives something to USPS for 2 day shipping is beyond me but when it doesn't get her for Christmas I'm going to be ripping the Indian on the phone a new one, her fault or not. Just the Christmas spirt in me. ;)

Important question. Were the Batman mini figures still $4? All the other countries saw a price increase (but that is most likely due to the world economy collapsing.)

I'm hoping LEGO realizes their LEGO Movie mistake. Series 16 and Disney are all still easy to find, but LEGO movie Minifigures sold out and never were restocked as soon as the movie was released. That was stupid.

Yeah I figured, TRU just sucks.

Does anyone know if Amazon Prime still does a Christmas shipping guarantee? By the looks of it it's a no. I bought a gift last Saturday and it's no where in sight, yet my mom bought one on Wednesday and got it 40 hours later. (And all my gifts go to my mom's, she's thrilled with that. I'm building a cardboard box fort in her yard. :lol:)

And Shutterfly or I screwed something up. I don't know.

And Lego charged me $2 (PaB), $22(B&P) and -$36. Yes... I'm not sure what they are doing but currently I have the Santa for free by the looks of it because he's not charged at all.

Some new set info from thebrickfan.com

LEGO has post an update over on the LEGO Ideas blog about some of the upcoming sets that have been approved.

For the LEGO Ideas Adventure Time (21308) set, it was originally set for release on January 1 but they have decided to move up the release date to December 26. I should have me review of the set up sometime today so stay tuned for that.

There’s actually some news for the Apollo 11 Saturn V set. LEGO is finalizing the model design and it is expected to be released in mid-2017.

Finally for The Old Fishing Store, it is still being worked on by the designer and it is expected to be released in Fall 2017.

My Target had 20 boxes of the Lego Batman Movie minifigs out. Picked out a set. They did seem to be mostly ordered by columns. As in, most of the triples we found were in the same column.

I got excited when I saw the guy bring out the minifigures sealed but it turned out to be series 16.... not the batman wave

Seriously considering just buying an entire box, searching for all 20 will take so long.

Saw the blue power jet for $30 at Costco, they had a tag for the fire station for $45.

This was the Costco at moron valley.

951913 jet
951757 fire house

20 boxes?!?! That's 1200 minifigures?! I don't htink I have ever seen that many mini figures even at a LEGO store.
We found one box at one endcap, where we picked out ours. Right after, we walked past an endcap filled with it. It might not have been 20, but it was at least 16. Almost every box was full. It filled one whole endcap shelf.

*Gives you evil eye*

Merry Christmas everyone!

I can't sleep and bought some NinjaGo sets before the Target sale ended. Of course I forgot to buy the NinjaGo Lighthouse for $42, back up to $53. I bought the Pirate shark ship, pirate island thing, and the airship for $56.

(Shouldn't be buying things, insomnia bad.)

bread's done
Back