LEGO Deals 3

My son and I bought 5 SW action figures for less than $12.  Then we found the Batman minifigs and felt up about 5 of those for $20. 

There's that feeling you get when you find a good deal and on the opposite side there is that feeling you get when you know you over paid...which product do you think elicited the "I feel like I just got ripped off" feeling once we got home?

I guess you could say the SW deal was so good that it amplified the feeling of being ripped off on the Legos, which I would agree with.  But this is a feeling I've been experiencing more often with Lego lately, and I don't think I'm alone.

Notice how many discussions we've had lately about knock-off minifigs and Lepin?  There was a time when you risked being lynched in this thread for suggesting such things, but now it's commonplace.

Maybe we're getting tired of being treated like sheep?

Last edited by a moderator:
My son and I bought 5 SW action figures for less than $12. Then we found the Batman minifigs and felt up about 5 of those for $20.

There's that feeling you get when you find a good deal and on the opposite side there is that feeling you get when you know you over paid...which product do you think elicited the "I feel like I just got ripped off" feeling once we got home?

I guess you could say the SW deal was so good that it amplified the feeling of being ripped off on the Legos, which I would agree with. But this is a feeling I've been experiencing more often with Lego lately, and I don't think I'm alone.

Notice how many discussions we've had lately about knock-off minifigs and Lepin? There was a time when you risked being lynched in this thread for suggesting such things, but now it's commonplace.

Maybe we're getting tired of being treated like sheep?
Oh there's still plenty of places you can't even mention Lepin on the internet. That having been said my first Lepin purchase will be here on Monday, the Grand Emporium, so I'll have a better frame of reference of their quality going forward. If I like the quality I will probably pick up the out of print sets at the very lest because I'll be damned if I'm paying the secondary market prices on those things. The currently available sets? Not sure if I'll go the Lepin route on those yet.

Oh there's still plenty of places you can't even mention Lepin on the internet.
You will actually be banned from Eurobricks if you bring up Lepin. They changed their account rules about 4 months ago. There was a guy there who was a big time contributor of the site and reviews of sets that was just one day banned. I think it was because of his views on Lepin. I have a long history with Eurobricks. I was something like the 40-50th member to join the site years and years and years ago. But I saw what was going on. They had a few hundred members at the time and 20-30 mods that would just go after you for expressing any ideas different than "LEGO is my friend, LEGO is my god". I just go to the site now to win free mini figures and check out the great MOCs in the town forum. They teamed up and yelled at one person for not reading 10 pages of useless bullshit, I then took the person's side. This was their reply...

'My point in asking people to read at least 10 pages back is that if everyone had to do that, then we'd end up with 5 fewer pages of repeat questions. It's not a site rule. It's my strong recommendation to help keep this crazy topic a little more sane.
He then attacked the poster, blaming him for wasting everyone's time. He's a 'Regulator' (mod) of the Star Wars forum. There was one new picture of one summer set (horrible tiny catalog picture) and the guy couldn't find it in 10+ pages because of all the fans going "LEGO is awesome, I jerk off to my LEGO catalog". I couldn't find the picture, I went to Reddit. All they had to do was add the picture to the first page, but couldn't because it wasn't an an official set which was breaking the forums rules anyways. The Star Wars top in the last 24 hours has 45 replies. Of what? Nothing new has been showed besides a R#-D#.

LEGO is closing their message boards, I never knew they had message boards but whatever. I think part of the reason is they can't control free speech and probably don't want boards telling people that Target has the sets on sale for the last 6 months for 30%+ off. Or that Lepin has that $500 LEGO set you want for 40$!

Comparing clearance to MSRP is silly. And I'd still rather have the Lego.
Agreed. I say this as someone who collected Star Wars figures for several years too. Hasbro's prices have increased on figures just much, if not more, than Lego's. not to mention the quality of the basic SW figures is lacking. If you want better SW figures in the 3.75 scale you have to get Black Series which are $10 - $12 and Walmart exclusives and can be a pain to track down.
And if you want Marvel figures in the 3.75 scale you gotta pay $10 - $14 right off the bat, no different lines like SW has.
Clearance finds are always nice but they don't tell the whole story in regards to value, quality and quantity. At the end of the day value is something we all have subjective opinions on, personally those basic SW figure are garbage but they're made for kids and not collectors, I wouldn't pick those up even on clearance.

S@H has a few new deals, Santa and Creepy Elves are $5 and the Disney mini figures are $3.19. Two Airjitzus are $5. I just bought one from Target for $5ish lash month and it's actually really cool. Batman clock is onside for $24, but there is a limit of 99 so don't go crazy.

AWD has the GB HQ for $305 in like new condition.

https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Ghostbusters-Firehouse-Headquarters-Building/dp/B01A2PMXXO/ref=sr_1_119?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1483722048&sr=1-119&keywords=lego

Oh there's still plenty of places you can't even mention Lepin on the internet. That having been said my first Lepin purchase will be here on Monday, the Grand Emporium, so I'll have a better frame of reference of their quality going forward. If I like the quality I will probably pick up the out of print sets at the very lest because I'll be damned if I'm paying the secondary market prices on those things. The currently available sets? Not sure if I'll go the Lepin route on those yet.
I've been to several night markets in SE Asia and seen a variety of knock off items. Mostly I only bit on the minifigs as they were all very good quality. The market is saturated there with these items so much so that they have them right along side the real deal Lego. It's hard when you look at a Lepin set for $5 USD and a Lego for $50 to justify the cost locally. In the US there arent as many readily available options other than the possible clearance.

Take into consideration the artificial scarcity of things like SDCC figures and its easy to create a quality alternative that sells well. See also deadpool figures. Like many have said, if Lego offered these items, i may not buy them as a knock off, but im certainly not going to pay a premium if the look at feel are the same at a cheaper price. Nothing is preventing Lego group from making additional figures, such as deadpool, other than wanting to target children, or at the very least more innocent IP.

Elsewhere on the internet people can get alittle snooty about it, but our goals here are to get stuff on the cheap. I like Lego, and like building them, but just because its stamped Lego or not, doesnt diminish my enjoyment if they are of a similar quality. Karkyco has stated that the Lepin's are high quality and if he says its comparable, thats good enough for me. I bought a few hard to find or retired sets and will also post my findings once they arrive.

The Fortrex DPCI is 204-00-1604. It's in stock around me but it's still $99.99
The rumor a few months back was every single Nexo set, even the later released ones, were retiring except for the Fortrex. Which does make sense.

Most of the NEXO sets are OOS near me at 30% off, which is funny because 90% of them have been 37% off for months. A few have been close to 45% off. And online which makes it even easier to buy.

I was temporarily banned from Eurobricks. They don't tell you why, much like grade school they yell at you and tell you to sit in the corner until you realized what you did wrong. It was because in a topic with thousands and thousands of useless posts about Star Wars 2017 rumors I and one other guy get into a discussion over there being three more Freemaker sets and he wanted more Rebel sets. I kid you not. :lol:

This is not my reply.

I guess I am here because I posted something that was offtopic and thats not allowed?

Seriously: You know, I have been on dozens of forums/messageboards over the last 20 years but I have never ever experienced something like this. Why not send me a PM and say "you know, don't go offtopic" after I have broken this rule a couple of times. We are adults, right? Sorry to say, but this tone is....like a teacher or parent would talk to a kid.

PS: I don't think/say I should be held above others.
But it brings up why I like this one topic. This site is shit, all everyone does is bitch about Gamestop in the deals section. Here we make fun of each other, we call Karkyco names for his grey area return / re-buying. But in the end we don't really care because it's fucking overpriced bricks and that's one thing we agree on. It's light hearted.

But damn you can't even talk about Star Wars LEGO in a Star Wars LEGO forum. :lol:

I've been to several night markets in SE Asia and seen a variety of knock off items. Mostly I only bit on the minifigs as they were all very good quality. The market is saturated there with these items so much so that they have them right along side the real deal Lego. It's hard when you look at a Lepin set for $5 USD and a Lego for $50 to justify the cost locally. In the US there arent as many readily available options other than the possible clearance.

Take into consideration the artificial scarcity of things like SDCC figures and its easy to create a quality alternative that sells well. See also deadpool figures. Like many have said, if Lego offered these items, i may not buy them as a knock off, but im certainly not going to pay a premium if the look at feel are the same at a cheaper price. Nothing is preventing Lego group from making additional figures, such as deadpool, other than wanting to target children, or at the very least more innocent IP.

Elsewhere on the internet people can get alittle snooty about it, but our goals here are to get stuff on the cheap. I like Lego, and like building them, but just because its stamped Lego or not, doesnt diminish my enjoyment if they are of a similar quality. Karkyco has stated that the Lepin's are high quality and if he says its comparable, thats good enough for me. I bought a few hard to find or retired sets and will also post my findings once they arrive.
Only problem I have with this is the last idea that content is king and if it comparable, so what. I mean I realize this is CAG and we're all cheap, but we still buy legitimate games and dvds and whatnot for cheap and don't pirate them (or at least don't talk about it). Lego's pricing is high, sure, but they still pay for the licenses and develop the product, and it's a bit sad to me if people that were buying the original product turn to bootlegs over cost. Totally understand stuff like the SDCC exclusives, retired sets, etc.

I also underestimated how big the reseller market is on this stuff and how many people are buying sets as investments. I do wonder if that went away because things were all readily available, how that would affect sales.

I'd rather not have something than support bootlegs. You guys hate it when LEGO rip off Ideas and make their own replicas. Lepins are arguably much worse.

Getting stuff that's obviously a knock off, or completely original, I don't care as much.

Because LEGO is screwing over small people with their ideas, they are screwing them out of 1%. Lepin is screwing over LEGO buy making sets for a fraction of the cost. They are exposing LEGO's insane pricing. Also most here don't support buying Lepin of current sets, no one is talking about buying Lepin of the Disney Castle. One wants a Technic set in a different color, that's cool. Generally it's sets that are now worth $3000 and that's insane. If LEGO didn't get rid of coupons, sales, specials, coupons in calendars and such maybe they wouldn't have this issue.

When was the last time someone here bought music? fujishig, you never downloaded a movie? Everyone has download things 'illegally', and honestly more would if it was easier for games. That's the world we live in. We are trying to enjoy our hobbies and fill this incredibly fucked up world with some times of joy but that gets more and more difficult as everything costs more and more yet benefits only a tiny fraction of the people. 

So much reading... when did this become EB with all the anther. =P

Why do you have to be such an anarchist Big Daddy... On a side note, I think this is the first after Christmas clearance that I don't score any LEGO. I've been eying the LEPIN Star Destroyer... the non-branded bricks really bug me though.

Because LEGO is screwing over small people with their ideas, they are screwing them out of 1%. Lepin is screwing over LEGO buy making sets for a fraction of the cost. They are exposing LEGO's insane pricing. Also most here don't support buying Lepin of current sets, no one is talking about buying Lepin of the Disney Castle. One wants a Technic set in a different color, that's cool. Generally it's sets that are now worth $3000 and that's insane. If LEGO didn't get rid of coupons, sales, specials, coupons in calendars and such maybe they wouldn't have this issue.

When was the last time someone here bought music? fujishig, you never downloaded a movie? Everyone has download things 'illegally', and honestly more would if it was easier for games. That's the world we live in. We are trying to enjoy our hobbies and fill this incredibly fucked up world with some times of joy but that gets more and more difficult as everything costs more and more yet benefits only a tiny fraction of the people.
You forgot the part where they made a huge deal about increasing prices a few years ago because of rising oil costs. Now the piece quality has decreased (slightly, but still), oil prices have plummeted, and they're charging more than ever for some sets ($130 for less than 600 piece space shuttle, $90 for 500 piece service station?!?!).

Legs has gotten greedy, plain and simple. They've gotten a taste of the top since nearly being bankrupt in 2000 and they've lost any sense of humility.

At first I thought you said 'humanity' and I'm like "It's a huge business, not a person." :lol:

Now the piece quality has decreased (slightly, but still),
And this is where the main issue is. Ten years ago no one would have batted an eye at the knock off mini figures. There were a few places that made gun pieces and people thought it was the end of the world. We now have 3D printed train tracks and all kinds of things LEGO refuses to make. LEGO quality was so much better than the knockoffs. Now that's changed. I'd say their quality is much worse than it used to be, they are still having issues with colors matching in sets. But worse you spend $4 on a minifigure and the legs don't keep the figure up. One of the series had hats that people said wouldn't stay on their heads. I was in the group that the hikers compass is difficult to get on his hand. I'm building the GB Ideas set and all four of the legs aren't as stiff as they should be.

If I can get a knock off figure for $1 why is LEGO charging $4?

So much reading... when did this become EB with all the anther. =P

Why do you have to be such an anarchist Big Daddy... On a side note, I think this is the first after Christmas clearance that I don't score any LEGO. I've been eying the LEPIN Star Destroyer... the non-branded bricks really bug me though.
You could always be a real bastard and just replace the exterior bricks. =)

You could always be a real bastard and just replace the exterior bricks. =)
Lol.... I'm not going to say that it never crossed my mind

Good points on the oil rvb, the same can be said about everyone else though as well. You can definitely see the increase in the sets since they recycle certain sets with similar piece counts.

Northeast US types who have Stop and Shop in their area might want to give it a look.  I found 5 of them with Wave 16 minifigs for $1.00 each today.  

At first I thought you said 'humanity' and I'm like "It's a huge business, not a person." :lol:

And this is where the main issue is. Ten years ago no one would have batted an eye at the knock off mini figures. There were a few places that made gun pieces and people thought it was the end of the world. We now have 3D printed train tracks and all kinds of things LEGO refuses to make. LEGO quality was so much better than the knockoffs. Now that's changed. I'd say their quality is much worse than it used to be, they are still having issues with colors matching in sets. But worse you spend $4 on a minifigure and the legs don't keep the figure up. One of the series had hats that people said wouldn't stay on their heads. I was in the group that the hikers compass is difficult to get on his hand. I'm building the GB Ideas set and all four of the legs aren't as stiff as they should be.

If I can get a knock off figure for $1 why is LEGO charging $4?
I think there are a lot of main issues and you've hit on all of them recently. Increased cost, decreased quality, blatant cash grabs, and strongarming the marketplace.

Now, we finally have a player that is demonstrating that Lego level quality doesn't have to come with Lego level price. And yeah -- the cost of Lego isn't just the bricks and does include a lot of other things, including licensing and developing content. But even with all that, the disparity is so big that it makes it hard to accept the status quo.

I would like to state up front that I do like to buy genuine products, support original artists, and direct money to content creators. At the same time, I don't really like being taken advantage of by big corporations. Every time there's a sale or coupon that excludes Lego (for no good reason), every time Lego increases prices while decreasing piece counts, every $4 minifigure -- that's a grab at my cash by a company that is not exactly struggling to get by.

Personally, I didn't have any problem with getting the Lepin Grand Emporium, Green Grocer, or Market Street sets because even though it's technically counterfeit and intellectual theft, there's no real "loss" here for Lego. I can't buy the sets from Lego, and Lego doesn't derive any real benefit if I pay thousands of dollars for them on eBay. If I didn't have the Lepin sets, I wouldn't have them at all.

Interestingly, though, there has been a loss for Lego because of the not-Grand Emporium I purchased. I've purchased a lot less Lego just because I can't justify the cost anymore. Lepin showed me exactly how much Lego is screwing me as a consumer. Luckily for Lego corp, I still buy sets. Just not as many, and a $250 or $300 set has now gone back to being "unthinkable", where it probably should have been all along.

I struggle with things like Ghostbusters HQ. On the one hand, I think it's awesome that Lego developed it and I want to support that. On the other hand, it's overpriced and I can't bring myself to pay $350 for it. I just can't. I had my finger on the trigger during one of the winter double points days, and I couldn't justify it, even with my VIP "rewards".

But part of this is also because Lego is keeping the price artificially high and maintaining their customer-unfriendly policies. Why should I support that? Lepin heightened my sensitivity to it, but Lepin didn't cause any of what has made Lego worse. Lego has that to themselves.

I have no good answer, so I have bought neither the Lego nor Lepin version of the HQ. I'm holding out for more cracks in Lego's control of the market. This year, we saw more UCS/Exclusive/HardToFind sets get marked down as retailers want to move these overpriced products. I regret purchasing the Sandcrawler at the price I did and am going to wait for a substantial discount for the HQ.

Fatbot has mentioned before about 3P Transformers (thanks for that, and sorry for not responding sooner), and that's an interesting comparison because it gets at some of the surrounding not exactly black-and-white issues. Third party transformers were not counterfeit (in the sense that they did not duplicate existing products because most third party creations were new designs) but they were intellectual property violations in that they used existing properties and characters without permission. Technically illegal and Hasbro/Takara clearly didn't like it.

However....the third parties filled a void and grew a market. In Transformer-land, Hasbro is the cheap stuff and the third parties are expensive. They showed that there was a market for adult big-ticket items. Without the third parties, we would not have the Masterpiece line or the recent Generations through Titans Returns. Not only that, but Hasbro/Takara has copied some third party ideas and designs.

Transformers are doing better than ever...because of third parties. There is more than enough room for people to buy third party products and official product, and it drives even more creation and purchase of official product. In other words, everybody wins.

At the end of the day, I think Lepin is vitally important now. Lego needs competition. They need a real alternative (sorry Mega Bloks -- how many years have you been around and you still can't get tolerances right, or the right pieces in the box? Sheesh.).

I do wish that Lepin wasn't duplicating everything under the sun, especially major sets part of Lego's current product line. That's a direct threat to Lego's bottom line, and just because I have decided not to go that route doesn't mean that others won't. This, more than anything, is what will get Lego to try to eradicate them and will give them the clear legal hammer to do so.

Apart from that, though, Lepin is showing that they have the quality, the production ability, the distribution ability, and the goods to compete. Lego needs someone to compete with them because, honestly, each year they get worse and if they keep going the way they are, only the die-hard Stockholm Syndrome fans and the 1% will be left.

Like with Transformers third parties, Lepin is showing there is a market for out of print sets, sets that will never go to print (like the Starbucks bookstore, dinosaur museum, and Sunshine Hotel), and hopefully, someday soon, original designs. I hope Lego pays attention, and not just with their legal team. This is a situation where everyone can win.

Then again, Lego's very existence is founded on intellectual theft. Kiddicraft, anyone? What goes around comes around.

Target toy clearance hit 70% off, but I haven't seen that level on any of the Lego sets that went on clearance. Those are all still 30% off, if discounted at all, with a couple to a few stores showing 50% off. Any noteworthy sets on clearance at Walmarts?

Target toy clearance hit 70% off, but I haven't seen that level on any of the Lego sets that went on clearance. Those are all still 30% off, if discounted at all, with a couple to a few stores showing 50% off. Any noteworthy sets on clearance at Walmarts?
I've seen a few friends sets get discounts though the app, I haven't been to any of my go to stores to check though.

If LEGO was smart, they should do a pick a brick style custom order with sets that are oop. I dont care that people resell, but it's gotten really bad and makes it harder for people to get a set when it's near it's eol.

If you ever traverse onto brickpicker you will know exactly what I'm talking about. They play down a lot of sets but I think they do that to turn casual flippers away.

Rex's AT-TE for $59 is the only good Walmart deal I've seen, and nearly all those post BF Rollback prices have gone back to just under MSRP.

I'm probably an odd ball but I do buy music. Just bought the Moana soundtrack for my kids (from Amazon so I got a digital copy too). Also I still buy Blu Rays. But to another's point, I do buy third party transformers, so I'm not just some do gooder and understand the argument for IP infringement (and as much as people defend that, nobody is paying a hundred bucks for a well made robot, it's the Robot plus the IP that's selling those toys) it's just the blatant copying of Lepin and people buying current sets because they don't want to pay Lego prices that upsets me a bit. But people can do what they want. And if prices are too high, retailers will clearance products like this year, which I'm also fine with, I bought a boatload of sets during the Target sale this year solely because of the discount.

But like I said earlier, the limited production of their sets most likely helps them to sell, so they have to balance that with pleasing all fans. Though the SDCC stuff is beyond ridiculous.

I would agree that Lepin copying current sets is a scum move...but bringing back OoP sets is a welcome thing IMO. LEGO could make a killing off of some of their older UCS SW sets if they would just re-release them. If I buy a Lepin version of a UCS SSD, I'm not hurting LEGO...they already got their sale on whatever scalper (excuse me, "investor") I would have had to buy it from to get one...

So the general sentiment seems to be that people are mostly alright with out of print sets from Lepin because Lego has already made their money on it and moved on.

With that in mind, how do people feel about Lepin making some of the Idea submissions that weren't picked up by Lego. In this instance, Lego passed on them completely and never produced them. On the other hand you have the creators who submitted these sets not being compensated in any way.

My opinion is that I can empathize with the creator but ultimately they submitted these with full knowledge there was a very good chance they were never going to make a dime off of them and even if they did, what's the payout? Like 1% of net profit?

Frankly, this along with the shadiness of "well we were already planning that set when it was submitted to ideas so we're not selecting your submission" further exposes Lego's greediness. I mean, those terms of submission to Ideas are pretty ridiculous. Feel free to read them, here's the link: https://ideas.lego.com/guidelines

There's provisions stating you can't commercialize the work you submit (so basically this means you are giving up ownership rights to your work upon submission), if they release a follow up you receive no compensation(?!), etc.

They put their designs on the internet.  There's always a chance someone is going to rip it off, whether that's you or me just piecing it out on our own, or a company with the means to do it.

Speaking of Ideas, when is that Wharf rumored to hit?  I really like that one.

Music studios think if you taped music off the radio in the 80s and 90s that was stealing. Same thing with movies, if you own it on VHS the studios claim you don't own the digital file, you are almost like renting the movie and have no legal rights to sell it used. Gaming companies feel the same way, we ignore that fact.

Like I said 10 years ago anything non-LEGO would be a sin. But there are companies now making LEGO track. LEGO still makes track, aren't they technically stealing the copyright piece? No because they make them slightly bigger or slightly smaller lengths. But they took a basic idea and stole it from LEGO. But like what was said LEGO bricks were stolen decades ago.

LEGO has already stolen ideas from Ideas so why not another company? Hell Lepin can make their own website, give the designers 3% of sales instead of 1% and then just steal others like LEGO does. I would much rather Lepin make a set idea of mine than LEGO. It would be cheaper and clearly Lepin would take more risks.

LEGO can't just make any set at any time like a Pick-a-Set because they don't have all the pieces made at once. LEGO keeps making new factories to keep up with demand because they make too many sets already and don't have enough factory time to make a 1x2 in dark green or whatever they might need. Much like ice cream places have 100 flavors, but they don't make all 100 every week.

The Castle Tank was $60-70 at Target and Walmart before Christmas. Hell I think it was $68 at Target.com until this week.

And Corvin the Wharf comes out in "Fall 2017" officially.

Some 2017 Summer set names have come out. 
City is Jungle and Coast Guard

Friends is Skiing (This should be interesting. Hopefully better than the 'roller coaster'.)
There will be a City bus station and Fun at the Beach.
Creator is oddly getting a space shuttle.
There is a Star Wars list, but I wasn't paying attention to it much.

brickset and thebrickfan have the lists.

And I'd like to point out Skiizim I have no problem with rules, but it's a forum and some anarchy is needed. We all would be banned about 10 times over if this was Eurobricks because 1. We mention Lepin. 2. This is only for deals. I was banned from EU because I didn't know what I did wrong, and when I went "We are both adults how about we act like it and you just tell me what it was" I get yelled at until the crazy mod disappears for days. There can be an equal ground between crazy dictatorship of Eurobricks and the complete anarchy of the video game deals here which seem to all turn into how much Gamestop sucks. Even one about Target Cartwheel deals! :lol:

You guys are also comparing Denmark and China cost of livings, plus the US tax payer subsidizing shipping from China. You guys say LEGO can make things as cheap as Lepin, but I guarantee you it's nowhere near possible. Can they make it cheaper? Sure. But Lepin isn't paying Disney licensing fees either.

You guys are also comparing Denmark and China cost of livings, plus the US tax payer subsidizing shipping from China. You guys say LEGO can make things as cheap as Lepin, but I guarantee you it's nowhere near possible. Can they make it cheaper? Sure. But Lepin isn't paying Disney licensing fees either.
Except, Lego also produces bricks in China and Mexico now. Both places with notoriously low wages and, surprise, the savings in labor hasn't been passed on to consumers by Lego.

Also, my Lepin purchase shipped via DHL so the China-USPS shipping deal isn't always implicated...

Except, Lego also produces bricks in China and Mexico now. Both places with notoriously low wages and, surprise, the savings in labor hasn't been passed on to consumers by Lego.

Also, my Lepin purchase shipped via DHL so the China-USPS shipping deal isn't always implicated...
I don't think tax payers subsidize Chinese manufacturing and shipping costs when it's a foreign country order. And people always forget inflation. The data actually points to lower prices now than pretty much ever.

It's the same thing with games. People forget that a $60 game in 1993 is $100 today. They now think $60 is too much when they paid $50 for an SNES cart, when it's actually cheaper now.

Can't believe how damn much the batsignal polybag is ._.
Jeez... That's crazy, with the limited amount of Lego stores and people not knowing how to obtain them might be a contributing factor.

I went to the Down Town Disney Lego store yesterday and they unsurprisingly they were OOS. On that note, I just had the wife call the Ontario Mills store and they seem to have them in stock right now.

@Big Daddy - Don't take me serious! I enjoy all our conversations... Except elessar123, he seems to get damn lucky one too many times at Comic-Con.

I never take anything in here all that serious. I make fun of Karkyo all the time, it's because I secretly want to have his babies.... fuck... I deny that. ;)

Secret to Comic Con, hand the people there a $50. You can get whatever you want. 

Oh yes the famous inflation argument.

A SNES cart cost several dollars to make while a blu-ray cost five cents and you can make 1000. You can't just compare things equally. (That said I have no issue with video game prices, but I haven't paid more than $35 for a game in13 years.) But the issue I think most people have is the game cost $60 today... then the DLC is another $50 and you need it to play the game. 

Old LEGO was done by hand, there were done of printed pieces, no stickers and baseplates. Everything is computerized now by robots. After LEGO went almost bankrupt they fired everyone and replaced them with computers. 3,000 people were laid off at once, never mind the others in the USA when the Enfield CT HQ pretty much went useless. Yes a set is 'cheaper' today than 20 years ago, but it will also have quality issues and a novel of stickers. Plus what is cheaper when the cost of everything goes up... except wages. The minimum wage in 1980 when adjusted for today is something like $12-13. The minimum wage is an outrageous $7.25 and if the cunts in office get their way there will be no minimum wage at all.

You can't just compare things.

Yes licensing does raise the cost, and I take that into account. But the price of the city sets have gone through the roof and have no cap on them, and the simple reason why is because LEGO feels they can. I feel they have burst the bubble with the amount of long running sales we had last year.

Then look at Dimensions. Fun packs were $15, got lowered to $12 and now pretty much every single one is always 'on sale' for $6. Clearly there is still profit to be made by selling them that cheap.

I think we can all agree that other than manufacturing and packaging LEPIN has no other cost. This knockoff epidemic is much bigger than just LEGO though, I've picked up from countless warehouses that send stuff to Amazon full of cheaper versions of it's counterpart. I think most people don't care if you buy some of these outrageously priced LEPIN sets, the same can be said about a downloading a ROM of earthbound.

LEGO has gotten greedier though, even with inflation some of these sets are anywhere from $2 to $20 more expensive than I feel they should be.

I thought you wanted to have babies with me?!?! =-(

I thought Lepin doesn't even come in packaging so that it won't be seized, just in bags with no instructions? I honestly have no idea.

If lego is considered greedy I have no idea what you call the other toy companies who make $20 action figures (Marvel Legends, etc,) that just a few years ago were 10 bucks.

I thought Lepin doesn't even come in packaging so that it won't be seized, just in bags with no instructions? I honestly have no idea.

If lego is considered greedy I have no idea what you call the other toy companies who make $20 action figures (Marvel Legends, etc,) that just a few years ago were 10 bucks.
Horribly fucking greedy pigs. But everyone already knew that. :lol:

I'm more amazed people still buy action figures. And $10 for a POP doll? I don't get that either.

I thought you wanted to have babies with me?!?! =-(
I never said I was a one man type of guy. :)

Let's not even talk about Lepin, can someone find any reason why the last space shuttle was $120? There were no new exclusive molds. Nothing special. It was a $90-100 set that LEGO went "fuck it, let's make it $120!". At least the Diving boat, while overpriced, had a huge new boat mold piece that had to cost a pretty penny (Bricks and Pieces it was over $30).

Then there are the Volcano sets, let's charge $120 and $150 for what? That is crazy. Sure some of the sets are nicer and bigger and reasonably priced (Normally the Police and Fire stations) however I still think they are about $10 too much, and I think the only reason they aren't $120 is because LEGO over charges so much on the smaller sets. There is a set with a medium sized Jeep thing and two motorcycles that $25. It's smaller than the $20 'Great vehicles".

Maybe if there was some decent price rates that made sense than we will be more understanding.

I don't get it. It's a free polybag that doesn't have a single exclusive piece (Is the dome rare?).

In other news the price of the Matman series has gone to $90, which is how much it would be in Massachusetts with tax and shipping. So that is something.

Karkyo, The Deep Sea Explorer base is $60 again in case you still want it.

There is also a $50 Super Champaign set for $30, it has 4 mini figures and 550 pieces so not bad if people want car parts.... 

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=45476116&cp=&parentPage=search

Also this is funny and maybe people want it...

LEGO SW Rebel A-Wing Pilot (5004408) - IN STORE ONLY
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=113767706&cp=2255956.2273442.3137242.49102596&parentPage=search
But actually is only for shipping.

Anyone know if the Lego retail stores still have the Tydirium Shuttle?  I didn't get it when it was on sale at Target and now it seems to be sold out everywhere.  I got one at Walmart for $90 just in case since it seemed to be my only option.

Was in Walmart yesterday and they had a display of all the Lego movies with "up to" $5-8 off Lego Batman Movie tickets. The DC DVDs with minifigs were $7.50, which seems like a good deal if you're into that sorta thing.

Was in Walmart yesterday and they had a display of all the Lego movies with "up to" $5-8 off Lego Batman Movie tickets. The DC DVDs with minifigs were $7.50, which seems like a good deal if you're into that sorta thing.
That's not too bad of a deal. They have been $6.50 to $7.50 recent. I need to get myself the Jokester.

The LEGO Club Magazine came in, under my name and not my fake child's. :lol: It has a poster in it (which is why I want a physical copy) of Doctor Strange on one side and Trump's America on the other.

That's not too bad of a deal. They have been $6.50 to $7.50 recent. I need to get myself the Jokester.

The LEGO Club Magazine came in, under my name and not my fake child's. :lol: It has a poster in it (which is why I want a physical copy) of Doctor Strange on one side and Trump's America on the other.
My son had me put the Dr Strange poster on his door. Now I can't remember what was on the other side...

bread's done
Back