LEGO Deals 3

We need to make room for Ninjago City so I'm going to sell some older Chima, Star Wars, and Ninjago sets for about half retail unless some are ultra collectable. I keep boxes and bag the stuff but some were S&D from the good old days of deep Lego store discounts. If anyone is interested I can list here or PM what we're getting rid of.
I'd be interested in a list of your SW sets.

Same here. My six year old was begging for the Spiderman Bridge for months and is only a third through it after getting it for his birthday a month ago. We need to make room for Ninjago City so I'm going to sell some older Chima, Star Wars, and Ninjago sets for about half retail unless some are ultra collectable. I keep boxes and bag the stuff but some were S&D from the good old days of deep Lego store discounts. If anyone is interested I can list here or PM what we're getting rid of.
Send me the list also please!

Same here. My six year old was begging for the Spiderman Bridge for months and is only a third through it after getting it for his birthday a month ago. We need to make room for Ninjago City so I'm going to sell some older Chima, Star Wars, and Ninjago sets for about half retail unless some are ultra collectable. I keep boxes and bag the stuff but some were S&D from the good old days of deep Lego store discounts. If anyone is interested I can list here or PM what we're getting rid of.
And out come the lurkers.... make sure I get first dibs, show me the list.

Suggest you post the list here directly

Suggest you post the list here directly
:applause:
But nope. 2017 logic is dead.

Looks like there may have only been one or two. Deal is dead
I have bought 40-50 sets on AWD and the first 30-35 never had not one issue. The last few have been disasters. Bought an Angry Birds plane for $8.50, full of cardboard and animal crackers. I write on the box 'Do not resell' and I have seen things I've bought come back and be sold 1-2 more times. Bought a Modular in late May and it was missing 90% of the pieces. They have gotten really bad at checking. I have a feeling that's what happened with the rocket. Someone either took all the pieces or the ones they want.

However it's easy to tell if it's a broken box, or a return. If you add the set to your cart and it says "In stock on X" it's a return and I would suggest maybe not buying it. If it's currently in stock it's most likely just a smash box.

I'm still waiting on my $13 Friends Cafe that was supposed to arrive July 12. Probably a return and I expect never to actually get it.

:applause:
But nope. 2017 logic is dead.

I have bought 40-50 sets on AWD and the first 30-35 never had not one issue. The last few have been disasters. Bought an Angry Birds plane for $8.50, full of cardboard and animal crackers. I write on the box 'Do not resell' and I have seen things I've bought come back and be sold 1-2 more times. Bought a Modular in late May and it was missing 90% of the pieces. They have gotten really bad at checking. I have a feeling that's what happened with the rocket. Someone either took all the pieces or the ones they want.

However it's easy to tell if it's a broken box, or a return. If you add the set to your cart and it says "In stock on X" it's a return and I would suggest maybe not buying it. If it's currently in stock it's most likely just a smash box.

I'm still waiting on my $13 Friends Cafe that was supposed to arrive July 12. Probably a return and I expect never to actually get it.
AWD is always a gamble but for the price I figured I would roll the dice. The set isn't shipping for a few days so hopefully that is due to the back from all the glitched prime day orders and not due to this being a return that had some parts removed. I can always return it.

Excited for Krypto and Reverse Flash. Was not a fan of puppy Krypto from the Super Hero Girls bag.

That Power Armor Mech rehash is garish. I don't like it at all, but maybe there's a way to rescue the set if it can rebuilt with the parts from the original. Too bad Firestorm is stuck in that set.

The Star Wars Starfighter with Hyper Drive is on sale at TRU this week for $84.99. Not by any means a great discount, but since this is apparently a TRU exclusive, it's better than the $99.99 MSRP.

It's sad when 15% off doesn't even get you below $0.10 per piece.

The Star Wars Starfighter with Hyper Drive is on sale at TRU this week for $84.99. Not by any means a great discount, but since this is apparently a TRU exclusive, it's better than the $99.99 MSRP.

It's sad when 15% off doesn't even get you below $0.10 per piece.
That set is simply just sad. $100 for that POS is outrageous. Not even the price per piece but in general just an awful set.

I keep waiting for the Dragon Forge or Y-Wing to drop in price. A few years ago, I would have jumped on slight sales. Even $59 and $48 isn't low enough.

I keep waiting for the Dragon Forge or Y-Wing to drop in price. A few years ago, I would have jumped on slight sales. Even $59 and $48 isn't low enough.
I'm holding out on Y-Wing also. It's getting a bit long in the tooth on shelves - I see it basically everywhere. Hoping it hits clearance next.

You got half your wish.

I saw Dragon Forge on clearance at both Target and Walmart. Target for $67 (which is higher than their online price) and Wal-Mart for $59. Wal-Mart seems to have extended their clearance to a lot of the Ninjago sets, including the Lighthouse ($49, which has been less online) , the Mech, the big Iron Snake thing, and both larger and smaller sets. Ninjago also seems to be the most consistent thing on clearance right now -- Wal-Marts don't always have all the SW or Batman sets on clearance.

Passed on it. Piece count is great but the building and dragon are still underwhelming for $60. I would pick it up if it goes down further.

I would be happy to see the Millennium Falcon drop too. It's been on the shelves longer than the Y-Wing.
The falcon hits clearance at regional walmarts and targets, you just gotta keep an eye out, check BrickSeek. I bought one for Lego may the 4th in 2016 just to hit the spending threshold to get the space slug set, still haven't put it together.

The y wing hasn't seen a massive discount but I grabbed it for May the 4th this year to get the R2 poly.
Today I saw the Uwing at Walmart for $54 which still isn't low enough for me to bite yet

Anyone paying attention to the SDCC exclusives, so far Vixen and Deadpool Duck have been announced. I'm sure the latter will go for insane amounts on eBay. These con exclusives are my biggest gripe with Lego but I'll just wait for the inevitable Lepin, KO version and have no qualms about getting it whatsoever.

I bought my MF at Target last fall for $78. It's never it's full price of $150, it's basically always on clearance.

The Y Wing has been $42 somewhere and $36 on AWD.

Has anyone seen a lot of series 17 at Target? I have seen only one box at a few different Walmarts, but I rather buy from Target (save 5%). I still see 100 times more Batman than 17. I'm trying to win a set off eBay for $40-45 (But I'm a cheap cheap ass and want it super cheap.) but I need a hot dog guy for my sister. Feel free to make the obvious jokes.

Has anyone seen a lot of series 17 at Target? I have seen only one box at a few different Walmarts, but I rather buy from Target (save 5%). I still see 100 times more Batman than 17. I'm trying to win a set off eBay for $40-45 (But I'm a cheap cheap ass and want it super cheap.) but I need a hot dog guy for my sister. Feel free to make the obvious jokes.
Batman has all but disappeared by me, which turned out to be bad since I had somehow missed Catman (since rectified). Most Targets don't have either, but if they have one, it's series 17.

Series 17 is the first time I'm saying "no thanks". I picked up a Corn Guy, a Rocket Kid, the retro Space Guy, and the hidden figure, and that's it. It's not that the rest are terrible, but they're also not so amazing that I want to go feeling up figures anymore for $4 a pop.

I just wanted to say that if you happen to find Clayface on Wal-Mart clearance, it's a great set and very much worth the $21.  Reminiscent of a mech, and very poseable, but very different and clever at the same time.  Fun build and it oozes character (sorry).

Also, FYI, the Lego Batman Blu-Ray is on sale for $15 at Target and Amazon.

I got the MF about this time LAST year on clearance for $75. The same store still carries it so I dunno what that was about.

Got a U-Wing for $30 at Walmart right around when Rogue One came out. Same deal there - the store still has it for $60 right now.

That same store has all the clearance goodies right now. Several big Ninjago sets for $40, Clayface for $21, X-Wings for $49, etc. Just keep checking that Walmart app for all the stores in town and you'll eventually find something like that going on somewhere.

Saw the Spider-Man Bridge go down to $64 at Wal-Mart. Pretty close to the $50 I paid late last year.

Also saw 2016 Ghostbusters down to $35.

Still waiting for clearance prices on the Dr. Strange and the Civil War sets. Lowest I've seen so far has been 20% off when other superhero sets were discounted.

Batman has all but disappeared by me, which turned out to be bad since I had somehow missed Catman (since rectified). Most Targets don't have either, but if they have one, it's series 17.

Series 17 is the first time I'm saying "no thanks". I picked up a Corn Guy, a Rocket Kid, the retro Space Guy, and the hidden figure, and that's it. It's not that the rest are terrible, but they're also not so amazing that I want to go feeling up figures anymore for $4 a pop.
Well I skipped a few series I wish I bought more of because of the $4 price. But eBay has had series go for $40-$45, I miss out on them because I'm super cheap, but it's only like $2.75 a figure and no tax makes them more like $2.50. I already bought Rocket Boy and the rest of the series has some cool parts.

Has anyone noticed how weird S@H is? Earlier this year they had the Beetles Sub for 20% off for a week, been full price since. Last week the Mighty Micros were 20% off and I was debating getting them and some other stuff for the free piggy bank with $75 purchase. Now they are full price.

In the fine print of the free set is something I never noticed before either....

* LEGO® Mini Piggy Bank (item 40251) offer is valid on shop.LEGO.com and at LEGO Stores from July 10 through 11:59pm EST, July 31, 2017 or while supplies last only. Qualifying purchase must be equal to or greater than $75 in merchandise only; any applicable taxes, shipping charges, or value of gift cards purchased do not apply to merchandise total. Offer excludes Bricks & Pieces and backorder items. Cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount, offer or free gift. One free set per household. Item is valued at approximately a $14.99 (US) / $17.99 (CA) retail value and cannot be exchanged or substituted for any other item or cash value. Item is available exclusively through this offer; additional sets cannot be purchased. Offers not valid at LEGOLAND® Parks or LEGOLAND Discovery Centers. The LEGO Group reserves the right to cancel or modify these promotions at any time without advance notice.
I swear the 'doesn't include backorder items' is new because I bought backordered keychains to get free minifigures before.

Last edited by a moderator:
AWD is always a gamble but for the price I figured I would roll the dice. The set isn't shipping for a few days so hopefully that is due to the back from all the glitched prime day orders and not due to this being a return that had some parts removed. I can always return it.
My Saturn V rocket from AWD came in ok shape. The box was a little beat up as expected. 11 of the 12 bags were still sealed. The one that was opened included all of the correct pieces. I don't think I will buy another set this large off of AWD due to the difficulty in verifying that all of the pieces are properly included but it was good deal this time.

Actually found some decent clearance at Walmart that wasn't all picked over.

Ultimate Batmobile $80

Batwing $50

Scuttler $40

Batcave $50

U-Wing $40

Rathtar Attack $45

Resistance X-Wing $40

Vacation Getaway $35

Republic Tank $19

Eclipse Fighter $17

I like how some of those sets literally just came out.

Awesome. Will stop at Walmart after work and hope I can find some. Son wants Batman Legos for his bday in a couple weeks. This would be helpful.
Walmart clearance is extremely YMMV. Some have nothing Batman on clearance, some have all of it. It tends to depend on how much space their Lego aisle has. And most aren't that low yet, either. Walmart app is actually useful for checking local store prices without physically going there. Actual inventory count, not so much. (Or use Brickseek for specific sets across multiple stores) Might save you a trip.

Walmart clearance is extremely YMMV. Some have nothing Batman on clearance, some have all of it. It tends to depend on how much space their Lego aisle has. And most aren't that low yet, either. Walmart app is actually useful for checking local store prices without physically going there. Actual inventory count, not so much. (Or use Brickseek for specific sets across multiple stores) Might save you a trip.
*sigh* and it was YMMV indeed. Next to nothing Lego on clearance. Back to see if I can find cheap Clayface, Arkham Asylum, and a few others on sale. Thanks though! Worth a shot.

Psycho-dono, what area are you in? Or if you could give a general city/state/zip code it would be most helpful.
Don't listen to him! It's a trap!!!! :D

And new people don't forget about Brickseek, it's not normally correct with stock amounts but it does give you a hint on which stores have sets on sale and for how much. Like near me it seems to be 30-40% and not the 50% Psycho has.

*sigh* and it was YMMV indeed. Next to nothing Lego on clearance. Back to see if I can find cheap Clayface, Arkham Asylum, and a few others on sale. Thanks though! Worth a shot.
Like I said, use the Walmart app and/or Brickseek to check multiple stores easily. Two stores in the same city can have very different clearance schedules. And going out of your way to a farther Walmart can be quite worth it. Good luck!

Psycho-dono, what area are you in? Or if you could give a general city/state/zip code it would be most helpful.
North Dakota. Why?

Don't listen to him! It's a trap!!!! :D

And new people don't forget about Brickseek, it's not normally correct with stock amounts but it does give you a hint on which stores have sets on sale and for how much. Like near me it seems to be 30-40% and not the 50% Psycho has.
Looking at stores in a 100 miles radius: half have little clearance, half are the 30ish percent, and one outlier that had most of the prices I listed. I was actually surprised the place still had some sets. It's usually rather barren. But I got my Ultimate Batmobile. :whee:

Thanks for the tip on using those sites. Didnt even cross my mind. The one closest to our house has Clayface at $21 (I went to the one between work and our house).

Brickseek is invaluable if you're chasing clearance items. Saves you a lot if time and a lot of gas.

The only issue is that it only updates quantities once a day. So it may sell out by the time you get there even if it shows a quantity in stock.

YMMV rare 70% discounts on a handful of sets at the bullseye; vast majority of their stores don't even have these on clearance at any discount however.  

Can't believe that DC Super Gals/Kidz High School Musical or whatever the line is called's Batgirl set is $24.99 "regular" price.  Sure it comes with 209 pieces give or take but it looks tiny as fuck and only comes with Batgirl.  $7.50 though I figured why not get one for each of my girls so they don't have to fight over one.  They had a ton of them on the shelf at that 70% off.  

The Frozen Elsa's larger ice queen castle at that price I had to grab them all.  The extras will make great Birthday and X-Mas gifts...or maybe I'll build one giant fucking monstrosity of an icy castle to make up for that laughable first version TLG shat out around the time of the movie.

[attachment=27344:IMG_1273.JPG][attachment=27345:IMG_1274.JPG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw the Spider-Man Bridge go down to $64 at Wal-Mart. Pretty close to the $50 I paid late last year.

Also saw 2016 Ghostbusters down to $35.
Thanks for this. I picked up my third bridge set today. (Two just isn't enough for a good bridge). It's easy to sell the minifigs on eBay, halving the price.

While I was there, I noticed that Wal-Mart took a bunch of sets off clearance. I had been to this Wal-Mart days ago, and they had Batman sets and Brickhedz and others on clearance and now...they're back to regular price. Ninjago sets are still on clearance, but SW, Super Heroes, and Batman are all back to normal.

bread's done
Back