LEGO Deals 3

So is there more Lego Scooby in the works? Seems weird a animated feature is due out in a few days for a line that was clearanced out months ago.

Some of my family is visiting from Germany including my 11 and 17 year old cousins. Big LEGO fans, have a very nice room with shelves and such. I briefly showed them my mess of LEGO and I though the little one's head would explode. :) There grandma (not related to me) collects ALL the Friends theme. That's a hell of a lot. The older one like Star Wars and the younger one I think like Star Wars and NinjaGo. The 11 year old doesn't speak English yet so I'm not sure.

So is there more Lego Scooby in the works? Seems weird a animated feature is due out in a few days for a line that was clearanced out months ago.
I don't understand this myself. It's the second time LEGO has released a movie as the sets have been retired. There are no sets rumored to be coming out and the 2018 set lists have been leaking online. I find the whole thing very odd. I want a bigger Scooby boat, a hot air balloon, and whatever else LEGO might have come up with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this. I picked up my third bridge set today. (Two just isn't enough for a good bridge). It's easy to sell the minifigs on eBay, halving the price.
I'd like to see some pictures of that. I have two bridges already, but I'm having a hard time picturing how 3 would look. I was tempted to pick up another pair, but I still haven't unpacked anything after moving.

When you sell the figs on eBay, do you list them individually? I still haven't gotten rid of the extra set. I was trying to trade them for some X-Men, but the way the trade was going I would get stuck with 2 incomplete sets.

I scored the Ghostbusters set for $15 about a month ago. Yay Walmart.
Brickseek shows 1 store near with 3 @ $15, but I can't find them. Sucks because I can't place a same day pick up order anymore.

You might have some luck politely asking a employee. Many walmarts got large displays of that set so it could be possible they are chilling in the Backroom.

Or yeah, shoplifting or bad counts.

You might have some luck politely asking a employee. Many walmarts got large displays of that set so it could be possible they are chilling in the Backroom.

Or yeah, shoplifting or bad counts.
More than three they probably have one, less than 3 and they were lost / stolen / bought that morning. There was a Walmart near me with the build able robot from Rogue one for $2.50, there were 10. The box is lost in the back.

Agreed. Brickseek is reliable MOST of the time. I've found when the quantity is above 3, I'll find the item without any problem. Any less and I won't bother. There usually are a few that will be lost in the backroom, lost due to theft, etc.

Damn family events! There were several Series 17 sets missing 1-2 for $22-$30 shipped and no tax. Half off is my favorite type of LEGO. :)

I hit up a Walmart tonight that was supposed to have 3 Kylo Ren shuttles clearanced for $30 each. Got there and searched high and low, even asked for help. Nobody could find them, but they were still showing up in the system. So annoyed that they were most likely hidden.

He's using Tapatalk and it's been acting weird since the last update. The image preview for the Brickseek link for 60103 shows the Ninjago City set.

One of my local Walmarts was picked clean. No surprise due to the prices.

Ultimate Batmobile $40
Scuttler $30
Rebel X-Wing $15
Poe X-Wing $20
U-Wing $20
Ninjago Lighthouse $25
Ninjago NRG Dragon $19
Catwoman Bike $5

A ton of other stuff too.

Ultimate Batmobile $40
Scuttler $30
Rebel X-Wing $15
Poe X-Wing $20
U-Wing $20
Ninjago Lighthouse $25
Ninjago NRG Dragon $19
Catwoman Bike $5

Wow, surprised it made it that far.

Ultimate Batmobile $40
Scuttler $30
Rebel X-Wing $15
Poe X-Wing $20
U-Wing $20
Ninjago Lighthouse $25
Ninjago NRG Dragon $19
Catwoman Bike $5

Damn, lowest I've seen Ultimate Batmobile for is $70. What state/region is this in, those price points are way below the lowest I've encountered and I check a LOT of cities/states.

Damn, lowest I've seen Ultimate Batmobile for is $70. What state/region is this in, those price points are way below the lowest I've encountered and I check a LOT of cities/states.
I'm in Connecticut. You can use zip code 06106 to see the Hartford prices.

Just got back from Target with the Toy clearance. Picked up the Jestro Headquarters Nexo set 70352 for $27. Only thing there really worthwhile to me. Was hoping for some SW Lego sets though.

The Jestro set is up for trade if anyone wants it. Looking for either a Kylo Ren shuttle, Krennic's shuttle, the Rebels Tie vs A-Wing set, or Spidey bridge.

Yeah I was just at target on my lunch break and saw the Jestro set but it hasn't gone that low in my area yet.

I picked up a couple of the Ninjago minifigures. Saw one of the Thor Ragnarok sets, not a big deal because I've seen them at TRU too over the past couple weeks, but I also saw two of the Justice League sets - Battle of Atlantis and knightcrawler tunnel attack. So weird to have these out when the movies are still about three months away

Walmart stuff

Spiderman Bridge - $49

Airshow - $45

Airport Passenger Terminal - $45

Volcano Crawler - $19

Rey's Speeder - $9

Green NRG Dragon - $19

Tie Striker - $35 (lies)

Battle on Takodana - $15 (blatant lies)

It's weird having decent clearance and not having it entirely cleared out.

WalMart clearing out lots of stuff....I picked up a bunch of LEGO FRIENDS for half off.  Disney Princess and Superhero Girls also.  Not much left in the BOY LEGOS

I'm in Connecticut. You can use zip code 06106 to see the Hartford prices.
To be fair, I don't think that CT store ever actually has the products for the prices. Some Walmarts just keep lowering the price even when they haven't had the set in stock in years.

Karkyco is just going to fly to Bradley now from LA with a suitcase full of LEGO to return and rebuy in CT. Then he comes up the street to visit me for fun times. ;)

Looks like I need to make the rounds this weekend. I've got a Walmart about 18 miles away that's on the crazy clearance train, and several others closer on the regular clearance train. Haven't even checked the Targets yet.

What sucks is that come Force Friday, I'll want to buy all the new sets too.

LOL, the WalMart app used to show the price of the item in question based on the store you selected directly on the item's primary page...looks like they fixed that though unfortunately.  It was useful for pricematch attempts at other WalMarts, Toys R Us, Best Buy etc.

Just a copy of my post in the Target clearance thread, but this is some of the most recent markdowns from the Target summer clearance that started yesterday for those of you that don't check that thread regularly.

City Volcano Exploration Base - 35.98
City Service Station - 44.98
City Deep Sea Exploration Vessel - 59.98
Technic Display Team Jet - 6.48
Nexo Knights Fortrex - 35.98
Nexo Jestro's Headquarters - 26.98
Nexo Siege Machine of Doom - 20.48
Minecraft Nether Fortress - 40.58
Spider-Man Ultimate Bridge Battle - 29.98

The Doc Ock Tentacle Trap set supposedly hit 9.xx, too but it wasn't at any of my local stores and nobody that claimed it was that price in any of my FB groups posted pics, so YMMV.

Just a copy of my post in the Target clearance thread, but this is some of the most recent markdowns from the Target summer clearance that started yesterday for those of you that don't check that thread regularly.

City Volcano Exploration Base - 35.98
City Service Station - 44.98
City Deep Sea Exploration Vessel - 59.98
Technic Display Team Jet - 6.48
Nexo Knights Fortrex - 35.98
Nexo Jestro's Headquarters - 26.98
Nexo Siege Machine of Doom - 20.48
Minecraft Nether Fortress - 40.58
Spider-Man Ultimate Bridge Battle - 29.98

The Doc Ock Tentacle Trap set supposedly hit 9.xx, too but it wasn't at any of my local stores and nobody that claimed it was that price in any of my FB groups posted pics, so YMMV.
I'm amazed there are Targets with most of those sets. I haven't seen Deep Sea in stores in over a year, same with big Nexo sets.

I'm amazed there are Targets with most of those sets. I haven't seen Deep Sea in stores in over a year, same with big Nexo sets.
My stores still have the Nexo sets, but the Siege Machine and the Jestro Headquarters were the only ones I noticed at mine discounted yesterday/today besides the little shield packs. I'm in Kansas though, so that may be why. Our Targets here are super weird. They didn't put out the Series 17 minifigs out until this week and none of the stores even got the Series 15 minifigures.

Awesomely, I got 80's workout chick and big phone sunglasses in the Series 17 packs yesterday. So happy.

In the Facebook groups I compiled most of the info from I was noticing most of the people with the deep sea sets were in Arizona and Indiana.

In the Facebook groups I compiled most of the info from I was noticing most of the people with the deep sea sets were in Arizona and Indiana.
That's interesting. I thankfully got the big Deep Sea Explorer boat last year for 50% at the worst Walmart on the planet. Thankfully they were so bad they didn't label half the sets on clearance and the ones they did were lower than the price marked.

The Deep Sea boat is one of my favorite normal (none $300 exclusive) set in the last few years.

I'm going to go to Walmart and see what they have, and then oddly go and see if the vet still has my grandma's cat. (She put her to sleep and didn't take the cat home for me to bury.)

If anyone here is in Europe, S@H ran out of piggy bank and is now giving away last year Christmas Globe.

Via Brickset...

Yes I know it's July but it looks as if LEGO has run out of piggy banks but has a glut of last Christmas's gift with purchase.

So, if you didn't manage to secure one last December, spend £60 at shop.LEGO.com before the end of the month and you'll receive a free 40223 Snowglobe with your order.

Please place your orders via our links: UK | Germany | France. Thank you!

To be fair, I don't think that CT store ever actually has the products for the prices. Some Walmarts just keep lowering the price even when they haven't had the set in stock in years.
They actually put stickers on the shelves for these. A lot of the clearance stuff was still there when I went. Just not the Ultimate Batmobile or X-Wings.

Great, now I'm going to have to buy this to go with my R2... 
58-IyYy487.jpg

The Thanksgiving set has been revealed. Better than the Easter one but not as great as the legendary Valentine's Day Picnic set.

https://brickset.com/article/29586/this-year-s-thanksgiving-set-revealed

Also S@H has a 20% off sale for a bunch of junk including Toy Shop, Adventure Time, Beatles. If you spend $100 you get last year's snow globe. (I'd buy something if it was still $75 for piggy bank.)
They are actually offering both the piggy bank and the snow globe.... if you spend $100 you get both or just 75 for the bank.

What day do the piggy bank and snow globe promos end?
Snow globe ends today and Piggy bank ends tomorrow or whenever they run out of them.

EDIT - Piggy Bank is gone. :(

You still can... toy shop is backordered but they count
Toy Shop was OOS when I wrote that, and the promos are added to the cart. However if they don't arrive and you call LEGO the fine print actually says "Does not include Bricks and Pieces or Backordered items".

:wave:
Unrelated to anything, Brickset has a review of a Lepin set. Yes, the comments are as cultish and entertaining as you would expect. :)

(Wow, that was full of typos.)

They are exclusive to LEGO Stores. Once in a blue moon TRU will get an old one, like they did with the cat dressed as a bat and the snowman. But ones with minifigures normally sell out quicker. I do regret not buying a bunch of this year's ridiculous Valentines' Day picnic set for $5. Great pieces. I really love the Thanksgiving one, and the Christmas ones (there were two in 2015) should be interesting as they are all set outside.

Some Walmart stores do get a few of the holiday sets, but apparently most locations don't.  I don't know where they put them, I usually don't see them until they hit the clearance isles.

bread's done
Back