LEGO Deals 3

Some Walmart stores do get a few of the holiday sets, but apparently most locations don't. I don't know where they put them, I usually don't see them until they hit the clearance isles.
They get the holiday polybags, but they don't get these sets, they are normally only available for 4-5 weeks from LEGO itself.

So some new sets are out today, like the NinjaGo Movie sets.

I'd like to just point out this one set. Four minifigures, 494 pieces, awesome look mech spider thing... It's only $30. Maybe get it before LEGO increases the price to $40-50. (There are three other $30 sets, two with 341 pieces and one with 312.)

Hulk's Wall has about same piece count and cost twice as much.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Water-Strider-70611

Lego is pricing some of these Ninjago Movie sets pretty aggressively. Ninjago City is a great value despite being $300. So is Destiny's Bounty. Even that $100 half-castle thing is about $0.075 per piece. The licensed and City lines never start at that kind of ratio anymore.

So some new sets are out today, like the NinjaGo Movie sets.

I'd like to just point out this one set. Four minifigures, 494 pieces, awesome look mech spider thing... It's only $30. Maybe get it before LEGO increases the price to $40-50. (There are three other $30 sets, two with 341 pieces and one with 312.)

Hulk's Wall has about same piece count and cost twice as much.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Water-Strider-70611
Some of the bigger Lego Youtubers have called it the best 30 dollar set they can remember. Destiny's Bounty is out now too for those who have been waiting for it.

Some Walmart stores do get a few of the holiday sets, but apparently most locations don't. I don't know where they put them, I usually don't see them until they hit the clearance isles.
That's the only place I saw the Cupid Dog. They had them on an endcap beside the bikes. Ever since that time I accidentally ran into them I make sure to check that area. They have a bunch of U wing polybags there now.

Thanks everyone for letting me know they're at the Lego store! I'm hoping they'll be put up on the shop site in October. I gotta have that set. So perfect!

I am pretty lukewarm on Ninjago, but got damn, those new sets look nice. I love that Water Strider.

Looks like some of the new ninjago sets are double VIP points.   Destinys Bounty and most of the rest....not the strider though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hit up two Walmarts last night and actually got lucky enough to find clearance for once. Got the newest Y wing for $38.xx. I came for the Clone Turbo Tank, Krennic shuttle, or Kylo shuttle, but alas, all gone. That Lego aisle looked like a warzone. According to a guy straightening things up the markdown only happened at that store yesterday morning and two people came through in the afternoon and bought over $1,000 worth of clearance Lego which a lot of people took notice of, so people kept grabbing shit to scan and then discarding it all over the place when they realized it wasn't stupid cheap. Savages.

Edit: That's what I get for posting during a conference call.

I noticed a seller on ebay selling all 20 Ninjago Movie CMF for $78 shipped . That's a couple of bucks under retail, right? Are boxes much cheaper? I think this is the first time I haven't seen a convenience markup on getting the whole set so I didn't know if CMF is becoming a lot looser in terms of reseller pricing or if the ebay market for CMF is just getting more cutthroat.

Question for veteran Brickseek users. If it shows a qty of 3 in a store, but the item is not available for pickup today, does that mean that the store most likely doesn't have any in stock?

Surprised no one has mentioned the pretty big hint Lego gave yesterday about the UCS Falcon. Official announcement coming Sep 1 but everyone who studied yesterdays pic pretty much made out the cockpit and mandible pieces through the sheet covering it

Surprised no one has mentioned the pretty big hint Lego gave yesterday about the UCS Falcon. Official announcement coming Sep 1 but everyone who studied yesterdays pic pretty much made out the cockpit and mandible pieces through the sheet covering it
No way! Sucks it will be $500...

I don't think it will be that, there are so many more other things they can do that haven't been done. People are so hard up on it being the UCS Falcon, good for them if it is but I hope it's something else.

I don't think it will be that, there are so many more other things they can do that haven't been done. People are so hard up on it being the UCS Falcon, good for them if it is but I hope it's something else.
That's because so many people got into LEGO after the original was long gone. LEGO still hadn't reached their apex when it was originally released so it wasn't on many people's radar. I get why those that missed out want to see its return.... as I am one of them. lol

Question for veteran Brickseek users. If it shows a qty of 3 in a store, but the item is not available for pickup today, does that mean that the store most likely doesn't have any in stock?
Most likely.

Either that or somebody is holding them in back. I've run into a thing at Walmart lately where it seems if it shows 3 or more in stock and it can't be found it's most likely either an inventory error (all my walmarts are doing inventory right now) or they're in the back. Oddly, only has been happening at the 4 around me and the one my sister works at, but still it's weird.

If it's Target, the thing I always find is that they just don't have it anymore. Brickseek seems to be wildly incorrect lately. It's sad because I still have 3 Targets here that show Ocarina of Time Link in stock and it's like the numbers are taunting me.

Lots of rumors pointing that it'll be closer to $800, which is insanity to me

Theres been too much evidence and leaks within the past year for it to be anything else really. If it is something else it's going to be a huge disappointment but also a well kept secret. Plus the official announcement is being made on force Friday.

Walmart ap shows  at least half the stores around dropped the Lego Batman Movie Scuttler down to $30 as well as the Killer Croc set.  Only one of each left at my local store.

Damn, $800 would be crazy. I would seriously think about trading my Cafe Corner or Green Grocer for it though. Only if it's true of course.

When did the original one retire? I think I remember thinking about buying it but thought it was way too expensive.
Looks like it retired in 2010. I opted to go with the Midi scale Falcon instead. I forgot it was $500 too. Then yeah, $800 is not out of the question

Damn, $800 would be crazy. I would seriously think about trading my Cafe Corner or Green Grocer for it though. Only if it's true of course.

When did the original one retire? I think I remember thinking about buying it but thought it was way too expensive.
Looks like it retired in 2010. I opted to go with the Midi scale Falcon instead. I forgot it was $500 too. Then yeah, $800 is not out of the question
Here's the problem with the original, there were tons of sales. The two that I have, I paid a bit more than the price of one regularly priced. Unless there's some sort of Amazon Prime day glitch I doubt there will be any reasonable discount. Personally, I want it to be something else so I'll deny it until its revealed.

I needed a mental break after work, so I decided to see if the Dragon Forge was in stock even though In Store Pickup wasn't available. Sure enough, there were 3 on the shelves. I picked one up and saw the Scuttler on sale for $30, so I picked it up for my son's Christmas gift.

Edit: That's what I get for posting during a conference call.

I noticed a seller on ebay selling all 20 Ninjago Movie CMF for $78 shipped .
Wait. There was a complete set of Series 16 that just went for $30-35. That's half off for being 'used' for display. Batman has been insanely cheap. Just wait.

Yep, they can't be found or they 'we can't find them' and the employees are taking them.

I'm surprised that you are surprised. This has been hinting at for over a year and everyone should know it will be revealed for Force Friday 2017.

:lol: That's so cute. Way more than that. Rumors have been $600-$1000!

It's the Falcon, there is no doubt it is. I don't know why you don't think it won't be. What else would it be? It's not like LEGO wouldn't ever release a set for an increased price....

Like I said, I want it to be something else, a UCS Ghost, AT-AT, Home One, Venator. The list can go on with things they haven't made.

Walmart ap shows at least half the stores around dropped the Lego Batman Movie Scuttler down to $30 as well as the Killer Croc set. Only one of each left at my local store.
Yup. Snagged one of each. Saw the Batwing for $68 but passed. Three mini figs and a basic design, overpriced to begin with, still amazed the Croc set was $70 MSRP.

I'm surprised that you are surprised. This has been hinting at for over a year and everyone should know it will be revealed for Force Friday 2017..
Yes I know it's been hinted at forever. My surprise is that no one here brought up the fact that this is the biggest hint Lego has dropped of their own accord. Everyone here seems indifferent compared to all the talk and sleuthing I've seen on other forums.

Found captain America jet for $9 at Walmart!

Yes I know it's been hinted at forever. My surprise is that no one here brought up the fact that this is the biggest hint Lego has dropped of their own accord. Everyone here seems indifferent compared to all the talk and sleuthing I've seen on other forums.

Found captain America jet for $9 at Walmart!
Because it's been known for so long LEGO stretching out and teasing something that's been teased for 18 months means nothing, and I frankly find it annoying. Plus I agree with Skiizim, I rather they have something new, or just release the old set and have a new one.

Like I said, I want it to be something else, a UCS Ghost, AT-AT, Home One, Venator. The list can go on with things they haven't made.
I agree with you, but you are wrong to think it's anything else. It would never be a Ghost, but it amazes me LEGO hasn't made another Cloud City. They made that awful Hoth set, but a Cloud City as nicely made as the Ewok Village would be nice. Somehow we got two Sandcrawlers and no AT-AT.

I'm in the camp saying the UCS Falcon will be $800. No way it's $500.

The box size (as pointed out on their Twitter) is way bigger than the original UCS Falcon. I have no inside info but I'm betting there's something besides the Falcon in that box. If not, they made the already huge UCS Falcon even bigger, which would be quite remarkable. And quite possibly command the $800 tag.

Oh, and watch that Falcon be exclusive to the Lego Store. No sales. No discounts. $800 or GTFO. They're already pulling that with Ninjago City. Doing it with the Falcon would be a no-brainer. None of their retail partners will want to stock that massive box anyway, even in their warehouses for online sales.

It's obviously a UCS Falcon...it's all about the $.  What set is going to drive demand and sales like the Falcon, the most iconic ship/vehicle of SW?  Ghost?  Venator?  Home One?  Cloud City?  AT-AT would be the only one to come anywhere close, and they have a different "regular" AT-AT out every few years...they have the armored one coming out for SW E8.  The MF fits perfectly with the Lego Group cash grab model and goes with the other UCS ships still available perfectly - the TIE Fighter and more importantly the Slave I.  It's been a decade since the original was out so it's time to dip back into that well.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see "reissues"/"updates" of other extremely high value (on the secondary market) UCS/master/expert builder sets in the not so distant future, such as the early modulars i.e. Green Grocer, Grand Emporium, and the Taj Majal etc. 

I also wouldn't be surprised to see "reissues"/"updates" of other extremely high value (on the secondary market) UCS/master/expert builder sets in the not so distant future, such as the early modulars i.e. Green Grocer, Grand Emporium, and the Taj Majal etc.

I'm shocked that for 10 years of Modulars LEGO didn't release a Cafe Corner with an interior, and some updated torsos for $250.

It's obviously a UCS Falcon...it's all about the $. What set is going to drive demand and sales like the Falcon, the most iconic ship/vehicle of SW? Ghost? Venator? Home One? Cloud City? AT-AT would be the only one to come anywhere close, and they have a different "regular" AT-AT out every few years...they have the armored one coming out for SW E8. The MF fits perfectly with the Lego Group cash grab model and goes with the other UCS ships still available perfectly - the TIE Fighter and more importantly the Slave I. It's been a decade since the original was out so it's time to dip back into that well.

Yeah I'm just waiting for those modulars to get reissued. Too much money to be made there with the secondary market like it is. From a business standpoint, Lego should want a piece of that action. I don't see why they wouldn't just release modulars on a cycle corresponding to the piece types and colors they're making for other sets at a given time.

LEGO Ideas was just announced and it's awesome!!!!

Ship in a Boat and Votron!
Agreed, they both are great examples of creative builds. I know I'll get Voltron but will likely get Ship in a Bottle as well.

As far as UCS I'd love a Ghost but I'll defer to the experts on it likely being the Falcon. So if that's the case is it going to be a solid rethink like most considered the Snowspeeder to be?

Walmart ap shows at least half the stores around dropped the Lego Batman Movie Scuttler down to $30 as well as the Killer Croc set. Only one of each left at my local store.
Thank you for the heads up. Actually managed to get these at my store.

Mine also had

Ninjago 70626 Dawn of Iron Doom for $25

Ninjago 70627 Dragon's Forge $40

Batman/Scarecrow 76054 $21

Didn't pick those up, since I already have the Scarecrow set.

LEGO Ideas was just announced and it's awesome!!!!

Ship in a Boat and Votron!
Agreed, they both are great examples of creative builds. I know I'll get Voltron but will likely get Ship in a Bottle as well.

As far as UCS I'd love a Ghost but I'll defer to the experts on it likely being the Falcon. So if that's the case is it going to be a solid rethink like most considered the Snowspeeder to be or more like a replacement like the Death Star?

Yeah I'm just waiting for those modulars to get reissued. Too much money to be made there with the secondary market like it is. From a business standpoint, Lego should want a piece of that action. I don't see why they wouldn't just release modulars on a cycle corresponding to the piece types and colors they're making for other sets at a given time.
I think the only reason they don't is because they have so much invested already, they need to keep people buying stuff. They need to keep it fresh, if there is one thing they can do is make a brick link style store in piecing together older sets that are oop.

@fatbot, only worth the money if they include the lighting, I'm sure they ripped off someone's idea.

Does that mean Voltron will be an official release? Do only certain stores have the Ideas line?
Some Ideas sets have been available at target.com and in-store at TRU in the past, but I think Saturn V was (is?) only at Lego shops.

So how does Wal-mart choose what is put on clearance and what gets a price drop? Does a manager go down the aisle, inventory and drop prices at their discretion or is it a system thing where they just look at a list of SKUs and drop price accordingly?

It's just weird how one store can have most stuff get marked down but not all then another can have 60% a few things while other items haven't been dropped in price at all.

I didn't know if there's some logical rhyme or reason behind these clearance sales I just haven't figure out yet.

There's no logic to Walmart clearance from what I've seen other than lower income towns seem to get the best clearance deals.

Does that mean Voltron will be an official release? Do only certain stores have the Ideas line?
LEGO Store and most online retailers will have it, like Target and Amazon.

Some Ideas sets have been available at target.com and in-store at TRU in the past, but I think Saturn V was (is?) only at Lego shops.
Target has/had it listed, but it's never been in stock.

So how does Wal-mart choose what is put on clearance and what gets a price drop? Does a manager go down the aisle, inventory and drop prices at their discretion or is it a system thing where they just look at a list of SKUs and drop price accordingly?

It's just weird how one store can have most stuff get marked down but not all then another can have 60% a few things while other items haven't been dropped in price at all.

I didn't know if there's some logical rhyme or reason behind these clearance sales I just haven't figure out yet.

It is based on what that store carries and sells. The store nearest me isn't even selling NinjaGo according to Brickseek. However I have only seen one store make any sense of what was on sale, it was pretty much everything big and everything in a line. That was because they redid the toy section a few times a year and literally moved everything around to the plan-a-gram.

But like Tokerblue said, most stores have no reason at all, they pull it out of their ass. Same with Target. There were 4 of 6 $10 Nexo sets at Target once, like why not the other two? The funny thing was the four 'clearance' sets were 15% off a higher than MSRP and the two 'regular price' once were 30% off the MSRP.

Looks like Walmart is continuing to mark down sets. Went to a local Walmart that had a few sets on sale a week ago and they added more sets today. Picked up Super Hero High for $30 for my daughter's Christmas present. They had a lot of Elves and Super Hero for girls on clearance. Most were 50% or more

Left the other Super Hero High for someone else.

Looks like Walmart is continuing to mark down sets. Went to a local Walmart that had a few sets on sale a week ago and they added more sets today. Picked up Super Hero High for $30 for my daughter's Christmas present. They had a lot of Elves and Super Hero for girls on clearance. Most were 50% or more

Left the other Super Hero High for someone else.
Im waiting for that super hero high to drop... still $59 near me

Plan-a-gram does play a big role in clearance. If you need to reset and you need to do it on a deadline, stuff's gotta go. So does overstock.

I noticed at one Walmart near here that the Friends section had a shelf tag saying the line would move to the regular Lego aisle in the fall. That should trigger a decent clearance if it hasn't started already. They also have Ninjago Movie stuff and Force Friday stuff incoming, so it's safe to expect a lot of turnover in the next couple months. Should be a LOT on clearance.

LEGO Store and most online retailers will have it, like Target and Amazon.

Target has/had it listed, but it's never been in stock.

It is based on what that store carries and sells. The store nearest me isn't even selling NinjaGo according to Brickseek. However I have only seen one store make any sense of what was on sale, it was pretty much everything big and everything in a line. That was because they redid the toy section a few times a year and literally moved everything around to the plan-a-gram.

But like Tokerblue said, most stores have no reason at all, they pull it out of their ass. Same with Target. There were 4 of 6 $10 Nexo sets at Target once, like why not the other two? The funny thing was the four 'clearance' sets were 15% off a higher than MSRP and the two 'regular price' once were 30% off the MSRP.

I bought both my Saturn Vs from target .com just FYI

Thanks guys, figured that was the case but thought I better ask if I was missing something obvious. This is my first leap into a Lego clearance, and I'm looking at brickseek and wondering why every store around is dropping on this item but the one closest to me. But at the same time the local stores have some clearance that slightly further stores haven't dropped the price once.

Amazon right now has the Killer roc set for $30, but only 11 left, so go get it if you want those minifigures, as the set itself looks like shit.

bread's done
Back