LEGO Deals 3

I like that Bat-tank with the battering ram but yeah Croc's vehicle looks like leftover Nexo and Ninjago parts. I do want that Tail-Gator monster trunk even if it comes with movie Croc.

Which one was it? The movie croc looks like shit.
It was the older one with the normal head and the Bat-Tank.

I was thinking of getting it then just selling the minifigures and big fig for $30. I like the tank minus the batting ram thing.

But I really need to rain in on my LEGO spending. I have bought a lot of Friends building bases recently to make a main street. Plus I rather spend $30 on that NinjaGo thing.

There is a new $17 picture frame.

https://brickset.com/sets/40173-1/Picture-Frame

Last edited by a moderator:
It was the older one with the normal head and the Bat-Tank.
I was thinking of getting it then just selling the minifigures and big fig for $30. I like the tank minus the batting ram thing.
But I really need to rain in on my LEGO spending. I have bought a lot of Friends building bases recently to make a main street. Plus I rather spend $30 on that NinjaGo thing.
There is a new $17 picture frame.
https://brickset.com/sets/40173-1/Picture-Frame
Did you pick up the Friends Heartlake Hospital? There are some nice details in the rooms
My daughter has been obsessing over it and I told her maybe Santa will get it for her or she can save up her allowance. It is an opportunityto learn about pricematching because I told her Walmart has it for $80 (when it's in stock) and we could price match at target and get an extra five percent off with the red card

Have you seen the new friends sets, they actually look pretty cool? I hope my daughter likes the winter sets, she never says no so it shouldn't be a problem.

Did you pick up the Friends Heartlake Hospital? There are some nice details in the rooms
My daughter has been obsessing over it and I told her maybe Santa will get it for her or she can save up her allowance. It is an opportunityto learn about pricematching because I told her Walmart has it for $80 (when it's in stock) and we could price match at target and get an extra five percent off with the red card
I'd love the set, but it would need to be like $60, same with the hotel. I've been getting the $10 Friends sets for $6 and the $30-40 for $13-$16.

Have you seen the new friends sets, they actually look pretty cool? I hope my daughter likes the winter sets, she never says no so it shouldn't be a problem.
I love them. The outside, camping, African animal rescue sets are my favorite in Friends. (Even though I normally buy buildings.), I want the cabin and the ice skating rink are neat and a better value than the damn "Winter Holiday" sets.

Plan-a-gram does play a big role in clearance. If you need to reset and you need to do it on a deadline, stuff's gotta go. So does overstock.

I noticed at one Walmart near here that the Friends section had a shelf tag saying the line would move to the regular Lego aisle in the fall. That should trigger a decent clearance if it hasn't started already. They also have Ninjago Movie stuff and Force Friday stuff incoming, so it's safe to expect a lot of turnover in the next couple months. Should be a LOT on clearance.
Half of the Friends stuff had already been moved at my WM.

Just saw the Friends winter stuff. A couple will be nice to add to the Winter Village. The Ski Lift looks fun. The Resort Chalet is decent but I'm still not a fan of the 3-wall design.

Best Target clearance haul in a while for me - Jestro Headquarter, Bumblebee helicopter and Lashina tank all for 70% off
Jealous of the Jestro set.. just got Fortrex at 50% off at mine. Last one in the area, figured I might as well cave at 50%. Was a fun build.

(This one was for me, not the wife.)

I got a $30 Scuttler, $15 Clayface, and $21 Scarecrow's Terror-fying Farmventure set the other day at a nearby WM. They had a bunch of other LBM sets for $30 that I would like to get, but I CAN'T SPEND ALL THIS MONEY.

Gonna hit up a WM that supposedly has $50 Spidey bridges today... I need at least a couple of those, if I can find them.

One of the Walmart's within 100 miles of me has the Lego Friends Amusement Park roller coaster/ Ferris wheel set marked down to $65

An encouraging sign, I hope this starts dropping a little more and at stores a little closer to my house
I've been checking that set for a few weeks. Still normal price at all the WM around me. Would love to get that set for my oldest daughter for Christmas.

After reading about all your finds at Walmart, I went out to three Walmarts this weekend.  I was actually surprised I was still able to find some stuff even though the clearance started a while back.

Batwing - $64

Scuttler - $30

Mr Freeze - $13

Catwoman - $13

Star Wars Rebels Phantom - $17

Then couple of Ninjago sets and several Nexo Knights sets from $5-$13.  If anybody needs to know which ones, I'll post the list, but they were all vehicles with $20-$30 MSRP.

An out of the way Walmart I was at already removed the 'Girl Lego' section and the boy section was already heavily picked over. But there was the #40 Bat Dune Buggy and $30 Iron Man Mech fight sets for $21.  Everything else was already talked about here.

I have begun LEGO deconstruction at my house.  My eighth grade daughter has moved on, so I've been working to unbuild everything of hers (and a few of my younger daughter's sets) and box them back up.  I started awhile back but summer is outdoor time.   A cold rainy weekend gave me the itch I needed to move this endeavor along.  It's a huge time sink but hopefully they will appreciate it years from now when they can pass them down to their kids.

I've broken down about 50 sets total (all manner of sizes, poly bags on up to $100+ sets).  Came up a piece or few short on about 20 sets.  Not a bad outcome considering some of these have been laying around for 7-8 years(and moved houses a couple years ago).  Not to mention played with heavily.   The brutal part is finding all the tiny Friends accessories that don't even have part numbers, like silverware, bows, etc.  I've managed to come up with most of those though.  So kudos to my girls for being organized and keeping track of them.

That being said I hopped onto BrickLink for the first time to give it a whirl to try and 100% complete these 20 sets.  I'm impressed.  I only came up short on a single piece.  Pretty painless.  Unfortunately I had to go through 3 sellers to get everything which means 3 shipping charges.  It was maybe $5 worth of parts and $15 worth of shipping.  Ouch.  All-in-all though, $20 to complete 20 sets ($1 per set) is acceptable.  

Time to move on to the next 20 or so sets. 

My mom went to the Walmart I hate which has a clearance set I want, I told her I wanted the Friends Sports Center this morning. She is like "Oh yeah they had 2-4 of them, I didn't think you wanted one that was sports".

:fridge:  :dunce:

(I think he thinks I'm gay and don't like sports or something. :lol:)

That and the Batman Skuttler are the ones I really want and I struck out at two Walmarts.

My mom went to the Walmart I hate which has a clearance set I want, I told her I wanted the Friends Sports Center this morning. She is like "Oh yeah they had 2-4 of them, I didn't think you wanted one that was sports".

:fridge: :dunce:

(I think he thinks I'm gay and don't like sports or something. :lol:)

That and the Batman Skuttler are the ones I really want and I struck out at two Walmarts.
I wiped out a TON of sports sets for $9 each here... shooting blanks on finding more Nexo stuff :(

I wiped out a TON of sports sets for $9 each here... shooting blanks on finding more Nexo stuff :(
$9?! Would you like to pick me up one and ship it to me? O:) Obviously I pay. It's $19 around here.

The problem is the Nexo stuff sold poorly so the first wave this year had less. I haven't come across any Nexo stuff in awhile.

$9?! Would you like to pick me up one and ship it to me? O:) Obviously I pay. It's $19 around here.

The problem is the Nexo stuff sold poorly so the first wave this year had less. I haven't come across any Nexo stuff in awhile.
Wife isn't parting with the ones I found. Sorry. She wanted more Friends parts to expand some sets. I knew $9 for a set with that many pieces was a steal so I just grabbed all they had ._. now I'm being forced to clean our storage room out so she has more space to build stuff.

^ No big deal! I'm going to track it down for $19 hopefully. I'm just glad to see people like the Friend sets, they are amazing part packs. I have more doubles of Friends sets than pretty much any other theme. (Besides little sets and polybags.) I'm hoping to build a main street / beach street set using the bases of several friends sets and building them up.

I bought a Dog Daycare set from AWD last week for $15.45, it was just $14.65, and not $21. But it's a nice little set.

And can we all agree that this is the worst / ugliest Friend set since the first year?
https://brickset.com/sets/41320-1/Heartlake-Frozen-Yogurt-Shop

Lego Ultimate Batmobile 70% off $41.98 each
Hi lover. You going to buy me one right? ;)

The new Falcon book is over 500 pages thick. Another tease today. We all like it thick right?

EDIT - Does Walmart not sell Brickheadz?

^ No big deal! I'm going to track it down for $19 hopefully. I'm just glad to see people like the Friend sets, they are amazing part packs. I have more doubles of Friends sets than pretty much any other theme. (Besides little sets and polybags.) I'm hoping to build a main street / beach street set using the bases of several friends sets and building them up.

I bought a Dog Daycare set from AWD last week for $15.45, it was just $14.65, and not $21. But it's a nice little set.

And can we all agree that this is the worst / ugliest Friend set since the first year?
https://brickset.com/sets/41320-1/Heartlake-Frozen-Yogurt-Shop

Hi lover. You going to buy me one right? ;)

The new Falcon book is over 500 pages thick. Another tease today. We all like it thick right?

EDIT - Does Walmart not sell Brickheadz?
Walmart does sell Brickheadz. Have seen them in store.

If my area is anything to go by, it's a really rare clearance price. Only one of the stores around me have it at that price. All the other stores are at MSRP or $99.
Yeah, if it's Walmart then it's super rare. All of my stores have it at $99 or $139, and all but one of the $99 stores is sold out. I don't see any reason for any store to have it at $42.

My local Walmart had it for that much, along with the X-Wing for $15 and the Poe X-Wing for $20. I doubt they were on the shelf for more than a few minutes.

Yeah, if it's Walmart then it's super rare. All of my stores have it at $99 or $139, and all but one of the $99 stores is sold out. I don't see any reason for any store to have it at $42.
The reddit lego deals thread had a few people find the $42 dollar batmobile at walmart but I am in the same boat as you, $99 or $139 around me. It doesn't make sense to me either.

I see target and gamestop employees pop up in CAG threads from time to time and shed light on company policies but never any walmart employees.

My local Walmart had it for that much, along with the X-Wing for $15 and the Poe X-Wing for $20. I doubt they were on the shelf for more than a few minutes.
Wow, maybe they never updated the shelf tags? That's the only way I could see them sitting there so long to drop that far without being purchased.

You can luck out if you go to Walmart before they update the price. A local one had a bunch on clearance on Saturday but by Monday it was gone. That's how I got the sets I wanted last year. Walmart said they were 0%-30% off when they were really 50% off.

I just came back from mine, they were in a weird section in front of the garden center cashier. But this Walmart isn't set up like any others I have ever seen so that garden section is a bizarre maze. I even had someone ask where the LEGOs were because of the redo they are doing.

I bought the Sports center for $19 (yay) and three of the beastility Dominatrix Superego set for $5 each. But now that I came back I completely  forgot to buy the little princess dog set for $9. There were a lot of stuff, but nothing special. The Episode 7 Falcon inside playset was $54. I swear LEGO made that set just to claim that playlets don't sell. It's a damn mess.

I asked about the brickheadz because I couldn't get Brickseek to load it. I saw a few on a sidecar in a random aisle, they were $7. I want the Joker for $5.

Wow, maybe they never updated the shelf tags? That's the only way I could see them sitting there so long to drop that far without being purchased.
They're definitely updating them. It's an inner city Walmart though. So I don't know if the average person going in there looks for Lego clearances. I see a lot of sets there at 50% and I don't even buy them since I'm only interested in certain lines.

$41.98 Ultimate Batmobiles I picked up were only that price at a single Target; all the rest and the "local" walmarts have them at $90-$140 MSRP. Not bad given that's lower than the regular Batmobile lowest sale price I've seen. Sorry Green Giant, but unless you're heading out to L.A. I ain't shipping these...besides I thought there was a Walmart near you that had them at or near this price?

DPCI is 204-00-1960

They're definitely updating them. It's an inner city Walmart though. So I don't know if the average person going in there looks for Lego clearances. I see a lot of sets there at 50% and I don't even buy them since I'm only interested in certain lines.
Wow, that would be my preferred Walmart :)

$41.98 Ultimate Batmobiles I picked up were only that price at a single Target; all the rest and the "local" walmarts have them at $90-$140 MSRP. Not bad given that's lower than the regular Batmobile lowest sale price I've seen. Sorry Green Giant, but unless you're heading out to L.A. I ain't shipping these...besides I thought there was a Walmart near you that had them at or near this price?

DPCI is 204-00-1960
Ah, Target. My lowest price around here is $70 (and those sold out). I don't check Target too often since it's such a pain to browse across multiple stores.

I hear you - ever since fyndly went kaput I've had to rely on brickseek, which shows very few of the many targets within 10/25/50/100 miles of me. Thus I select a few zip codes on brickseek to sample from based on home, office, and relatives/friends a bit further out. Covers enough areas but nothing like the price/inventory check for all target stores within 50/100 miles option that fyndly had.

DPCI is 204-00-1960
But I tip well and don't need the box... ;)

The one 'near' me I have never been to, and is 40-50+ miles south in CT. CT is a shit-hole, plus someone here said they had none left. So unless I do a buy and return and exchange I'm out of luck.

I'm hoping the Sturbridge MA Walmart will have some Nexo sets when I go apple picking up there in about 3 weeks. They have 15 of one of the $30 sets for $9-$11.

My Sports Center is missing a purple 1x2 brick! :shock:

Never had luck on a Spidey Bridge last weekend. I did find a CITY Island Prison for $45 last night at an in-town Target. Anyone actually looking for that one? I may resell or return or trade.

Wow, that would be my preferred Walmart :)
The downside being that police could be at the entrance in the process of arresting someone. That was what I was greeted to a few weeks ago when I went there.

Felt awkward walking around the two people on the floor of the entrance.

I hear you - ever since fyndly went kaput I've had to rely on brickseek, which shows very few of the many targets within 10/25/50/100 miles of me. Thus I select a few zip codes on brickseek to sample from based on home, office, and relatives/friends a bit further out. Covers enough areas but nothing like the price/inventory check for all target stores within 50/100 miles option that fyndly had.
Is ship to store totally dead? I have a Target that has 2 island prison's at $44.98 in their system but can't be found anywhere.

Is ship to store totally dead? I have a Target that has 2 island prison's at $44.98 in their system but can't be found anywhere.
It's not quite dead per se, however it appears to function much like Walmart's system does - the purchase price doesn't automagically adjust to the lower in store clearance price if the item is ordered online for store delivery. You can still order items that aren't available at a particular store for delivery to that store, but you won't get the in store clearance price when you pick up and they check you out on the iPad or handheld myDevice. Thus, in these cases you have to in effect cancel the online order right there at store pickup and convince them to ring the items up in store so you get that magic clearance price.

I'm not sure what happens in the scenario where the item in question is actually in stock at a particular store and available for pickup in store same day, because at WalMart in that situation it does automatically give you the lower in store price at checkout when you pick it up.

Finally, no doubt to limit/prevent pricematching as PMing clearance items is a no-no in both stores' policies - I've found the Target app (iOS version at least) has long stopped displaying the clearance price of a particular item at any particular store. I.e. say you know that item X is on clearance at Target store Y at 70% off still in stock and still in the system at that store...even if you set that store as your default/favorite and select the item in question in search, it won't show the item with that clearance price. WalMart's app is similar, however you can still check a list of stores based on location and it will give the store specific price for each. That one also used to be able to display the clearance price of a particular store directly on the main page for the item, but they took that out no doubt to prevent price matching.

I think Target has a ~24 hour lock on online in-store pickup orders that prevents you from doing a return and rebuy. I've tried doing it in the past to use Cartwheel, but there was a hard stop in the register.

I think Target has a ~24 hour lock on online in-store pickup orders that prevents you from doing a return and rebuy. I've tried doing it in the past to use Cartwheel, but there was a hard stop in the register.
You have to have the order cancelled first with out the order getting processed. I found this out after they processed my order and brought me out some busted up POS.

Thanks everyone for the info! The same Target is supposed to have 2 volcano exploration base's at $35.98 that also can't be found. I'm debating on ordering both sets and see if I can cancel and get them to sell them at the clearance price due to their inventory numbers.

Thanks everyone for the info! The same Target is supposed to have 2 volcano exploration base's at $35.98 that also can't be found. I'm debating on ordering both sets and see if I can cancel and get them to sell them at the clearance price due to their inventory numbers.
I believe the best way is to charge with one card, and then ask to cancel and say you want to pay with your redcard. I don't believe they can change method of payment after your order has been placed.

I hit one more distant WM with alleged $50 Spidey Bridges today... no sign of 'em. D'oh. I'll have to find one on eventual Target clearance, I guess. I found one Death Trooper on the back of the shelf there and just KNEW it would be cheap, but no-- $13  :p

I DID get 3x Carbonite Freezing Chamber sets for $11 each at another store, though, so THAT WAS COOL.

i had a bit of luck with the target app on this same set. I found the volcano base at my target tucked behind some other sets....but it was marked for $85 on clearance and scanned as such, and brickseek showed 35.98. The target app reflected the 35.98 price as well in store, either because of my phones location or the target wifi. I was able to get customer service to price match it for me with a manager override. Not sure how it worked, but in store the target app gives me their lowest available price.

bread's done
Back