LEGO Deals 3

I think Target has a ~24 hour lock on online in-store pickup orders that prevents you from doing a return and rebuy. I've tried doing it in the past to use Cartwheel, but there was a hard stop in the register.
That's why you have to cancel the online/in-store pickup order right there (actually have them cancel the order on the iPad/myDevice) then ring the items up directly on the register. Yes, YMMV as with anything truly exceptional. Otherwise, yes you have to pick the order up, wait until the next day, then try to return/rebuy at that store or another store with the lowest price. If you're gonna gamble, best to try to get it done in one shot and if necessary try using the "lowest advertised/in store price guarantee" to make the magic happen.

You could also cancel the in-store pickup or let it expire once you are notified they have arrived in store or once you set foot in the store, but that has to result in a little to no chance of successful acquisition - because I can't imagine they will end up on the clearance shelves in the store and even if they do, how will you be able to know when they get put out there? I guess you could try to cancel the order just as they are pulling the order up on the device/retrieving the item, but I just always tell them to please let me verify the items as well as the item pricing prior to them confirming the order and handing over the goods. Then I use the change payment method usually coupled with the "when I ordered online/on the app, it was showing me a much lower in store price, can you check it on the register?" Been successful (knock on wood) ever since the automatic price adjustment trick dried up last year after I scored a bunch of super high MSRP sets for 70% off .

V Gundam, those sets are probably hiding in some backroom/storeroom somewhere in the store by an employee or employees looking to buy them at the lowest price point. I've seen it before and even had nice/cool employees find and pull such sets out from some hidey hole in the back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the Scarecrow set and Killer Croc Batman sets for $21 and $30 today... and 50% off on another Nexo Knights vehicle I was missing. Really want one of the damn big villain sets but nowhere has them now! Argh.

^ No big deal! I'm going to track it down for $19 hopefully. I'm just glad to see people like the Friend sets, they are amazing part packs. I have more doubles of Friends sets than pretty much any other theme. (Besides little sets and polybags.) I'm hoping to build a main street / beach street set using the bases of several friends sets and building them up.

I bought a Dog Daycare set from AWD last week for $15.45, it was just $14.65, and not $21. But it's a nice little set.

And can we all agree that this is the worst / ugliest Friend set since the first year?
https://brickset.com/sets/41320-1/Heartlake-Frozen-Yogurt-Shop

Hi lover. You going to buy me one right? ;)

The new Falcon book is over 500 pages thick. Another tease today. We all like it thick right?

EDIT - Does Walmart not sell Brickheadz?
Yea, my wife plans on combining all of her extra friends sets to make the buildings bigger/more expansive. We pick up anything when it's 70% off when it comes to Friends because of that. Same with Elves. We rarely find Elves cheap though :(

I wanted to share my recent Walmart experience so that others may benefit or to find out if this is YMMV.

One of the Walmart's near me had a good number of the lego killer croc sewer smash sets on clearence. The store wasn't that close to me so I tried in store pick up via the mobile app on my phone so wouldn't need to waste a trip. While checking out and paying via the Walmart app, I was charged the in store price. A day passed and I received an email that the item could not be found and pickup would be delayed. The set was shipped to store and I was only charged the in store clearance price when I picked up. I have not tried this again and it may be ymmv. Im not sure if the store can decide not to order your item for you when they can't find it in the store. This is also contingent on A) having "pick up in store today" as an ordering option B) having the clearence price be charged when paying through the app and c) having the item available to order via Walmart.com

Usually when doing the pick up in store option, I am charged the online price, not the in store price. This may be unique to the app.

Yea, my wife plans on combining all of her extra friends sets to make the buildings bigger/more expansive. We pick up anything when it's 70% off when it comes to Friends because of that. Same with Elves. We rarely find Elves cheap though :(
Elves seems to be super popular and never on sale really.

I'm curious, what does your wife do with the minidolls? Does she use them in her buildings or does she take the hair pieces off and throw them in the corner? :D

Got the Scarecrow set and Killer Croc Batman sets for $21 and $30 today... and 50% off on another Nexo Knights vehicle I was missing. Really want one of the damn big villain sets but nowhere has them now! Argh.
I have the Jestro Headquarters set up for trade if that's one of them you're looking for.

Started in on building the Lego Batman Clayface set last night and man, that set looks really nice, but I do not like how easily Clayface comes apart. My girlfriend picked him up and almost immediately his chest just came apart. Poor Kate Micucci.

Elves seems to be super popular and never on sale really.

I'm curious, what does your wife do with the minidolls? Does she use them in her buildings or does she take the hair pieces off and throw them in the corner? :D
She uses them for now. She has more than enough... lol

I have the Jestro Headquarters set up for trade if that's one of them you're looking for.

Started in on building the Lego Batman Clayface set last night and man, that set looks really nice, but I do not like how easily Clayface comes apart. My girlfriend picked him up and almost immediately his chest just came apart. Poor Kate Micucci.
Honestly, if I had LEGOs to trade I'd be all over that. Only stuff I have to get rid of is random polybags/promo things from the store. Preorder stuff from games, store purchase gifts, etc. Actual sets are all hers.

She uses them for now. She has more than enough... lol
I have a few dozen, but I can't stand them. So I have 2,000+ minifigures so I just use the hair of the minidolls and switch them out for figures.

Jestro's HQ is a great build. My son built it last week and I was impressed with how everything was put together.
Really? I thought it was overpriced garbage from the front of the box. $90 or 840 pieces or $10 more for 1100 piece Fortrex. Watching a Jangbricks review and it reminds me of a Chima set I got, just a huge vehicle made up of 10 other vehicles.

I think all Lego sets are over priced at MSRP. My new philosophy is to wait until they hit clearance.

So I'm also looking through the sets at a clearance lens.

I was just adjusting my Lego displays and took my X-Wing down to play with it. I noticed that the rubber bands that hold the wings shut have lost some of their stretch on the left wing. So the lower wing flops a little.

Has anyone else had this experience? I could always buy more bands from a hardware store I guess.

I was just adjusting my Lego displays and took my X-Wing down to play with it. I noticed that the rubber bands that hold the wings shut have lost some of their stretch on the left wing. So the lower wing flops a little.

Has anyone else had this experience? I could always buy more bands from a hardware store I guess.
I was going to say something derogatory but I don't know how many kids actually come here.

I will say this, they just get stretched out over time. They loose the elasticity and sometimes even start cracking.

I think rubber bands for braces may work well as an alternative.

Yea, I have about 5 Nexo sets, they were all 50% off or more. Fortrex for $50 is an amazing build. I want some of the other ones... but I want them cheap.

I think all Lego sets are over priced at MSRP. My new philosophy is to wait until they hit clearance.

So I'm also looking through the sets at a clearance lens.
New philosophy? It shouldn't be new. :p
But the set feels like a $70 set.

Yeah it's normal. Doesn't LEGO give a few extra because of that?

I think rubber bands for braces may work well as an alternative.
They work great! I kept mine and had like 2,000 of them. No clue if my mom still has them. :lol:

Yea, I have about 5 Nexo sets, they were all 50% off or more. Fortrex for $50 is an amazing build. I want some of the other ones... but I want them cheap.
Nexo sets have interesting builds. I really want Fortex but haven't seen it for more than 35% off. But the transforming horse / trike set was the weirdest LEGO build I have ever done.

One of the Walmart's within 100 miles of me has the Lego Friends Amusement Park roller coaster/ Ferris wheel set marked down to $65

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=52440980

An encouraging sign, I hope this starts dropping a little more and at stores a little closer to my house
Now a store has the amusement park for $45. It's about an hour away so I am not going to bother driving but it's a positive signa drop closer to home will be coming soon!

New philosophy? It shouldn't be new. :p
But the set feels like a $70 set.

Yeah it's normal. Doesn't LEGO give a few extra because of that?

They work great! I kept mine and had like 2,000 of them. No clue if my mom still has them. :lol:

Nexo sets have interesting builds. I really want Fortex but haven't seen it for more than 35% off. But the transforming horse / trike set was the weirdest LEGO build I have ever done.
Fortrex is definitely worth it at 50% off. Really fun build, lot of neat features.

I finished the Dragon Forge build with my son. I love the fire/ice dragon. The forge itself is nice too. Well worth the $40 I paid.

Finally spotted a Saturn V in the wild, but sadly it was subject to the TRU tax. I know Lego said they were making more, but I wonder how long it'll take for them to show up online.

Finally spotted a Saturn V in the wild, but sadly it was subject to the TRU tax. I know Lego said they were making more, but I wonder how long it'll take for them to show up online.
Did they
Did they deny a price match because it's listed as temporarily out of stock?
Did they deny a price match because it's listed as temporarily out of stock?

AWD has a Friends Cupcake thing for $13.90, I already own three so someone buy it before I make it four. Also it's not a return, probably just a small dent on the box.

Gone.

Also the Summer 2018 City these are.....

*Overly dramatic drum music because these are really damn lame....*

Arctic and Trains.

No farms? No anything else besides Arctic? However the big set will have a new Orca whale. Don't know why LEGO just won't bring back the overprice big great white shark.

What price are you looking for? It was $78-$100 often last Christmas time, might be that cheap again.
I know it's dropped to $75, so that's my current target. I know it will drop sooner or later like all of the sets.

I just have to be patient. Waiting for the Y-Wing to drop too.

Where was it $75? I bought mine for $95. The Y-Wing is $48 at some Wal-Marts.
The Falcon was $75 at a few of the Walmarts near me last summer according to Brickseek. Unfortunately, I wasn't collecting Lego at the time. That was what peaked my interest in getting back into collecting.

The Y-Wing is $48 at all of the stores near me except one that had it at $25. I'm holding out a little longer than $48.

Saturn v back in stock at Lego
It didn't last more than an hour.

I bought my Falcon for $78 at Target in November last year.

The Falcon was $75 at a few of the Walmarts near me last summer according to Brickseek. Unfortunately, I wasn't collecting Lego at the time. That was what peaked my interest in getting back into collecting.

The Y-Wing is $48 at all of the stores near me except one that had it at $25. I'm holding out a little longer than $48.
The Y-Wing has been cheaper, even at S@H. Amazon had it for $42 before, and AWD had a few for $32-$36.

This time last year it was $75 at some Walmarts. It and a $35 TIE Fighter got me into Star Wars Legos.

It'll probably be $75 again after Christmas. It's from TFA and will probably be sufficient for TLJ. But the next movie is the Han Solo one and they'll probably refresh it or just yank it eventually.

Anyone else finding that the Walmart app is now restricting search results to nearby stores? You can still pick any store you want, but when you check nearby availability it only shows five stores, not all of them. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Anyone else finding that the Walmart app is now restricting search results to nearby stores? You can still pick any store you want, but when you check nearby availability it only shows five stores, not all of them. Is there a setting I'm missing?
Mine is still showing a full list of stores out to 50 miles. It may just be a temporary bug.

Ninjago City is available now but I can't remember if there's going to be anything better than the current promotion of double points this fall. Other than calling the store for S&D which seems to be increasingly rare as they package the high end sets better I thought they stopped stacking sale discounts with double points but don't remember exactly.

I think the ap sometimes just gets buggy. However, this only happens when I'm out and about...wonder if the aps location finder is goofing with it as I don't ever remember this happening at home using the wifi.

I think the ap sometimes just gets buggy. However, this only happens when I'm out and about...wonder if the aps location finder is goofing with it as I don't ever remember this happening at home using the wifi.
I tried both on wifi and LTE and got the same result.

But that app does get quirky in the store on wifi. It changes the "At Your Store" header to "In This Store" and won't let you see prices from other stores. You can select another store as preferred, but it will only show you prices from the store you're standing in. I've turned off wifi to get around that before.

bread's done
Back