LEGO Deals 3

I saw that yesterday, most of the nexo sets are on sale at TRU, still $10 too much.
Yeah I really want it but for $50. I'm thinking about buying it at Target, then I have 120 days to return it with the Red Card. That way if I find it cheaper at TRU clearance or something I'll just return the target one.

The train should have already include straight track, and the station should have been a lot bigger. No indoor seating? Some weird ticket booth that the boot faces outside? Is that a Europe thing? Every station I've been to you buy the tickets INSIDE the building, more so in winter.
As long as the included tracks expand and not replace the tracks in the train set, I think it's fine. I think it's more to get people buying this one to buy the train, and not the other way around.

If it was bigger, you'd (royal you) complain that it's uselessly big.

Ticket booths facing outside aren't uncommon at all. I've seen lots of them. Doesn't mean there aren't ones inside. Just Google "train ticket booth" images. I think the ones I remember in England have a roof but no walls.

And these sets are obviously for winter village vignettes, like those porcelain winter villages. They're meant to be seen from one side, since they're usually in the window or somewhere you can only see one side of.

I think you're complaining because you're misunderstanding what they're meant to be.

Yeah I really want it but for $50. I'm thinking about buying it at Target, then I have 120 days to return it with the Red Card. That way if I find it cheaper at TRU clearance or something I'll just return the target one.
I think Target is 60 days with Red Card nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're complaining because you're misunderstanding what they're meant to be.

I think Target is 60 days with Red Card nowadays.
No, I understand exactly what they are supposed to be, overpriced. You act like I'm the only one here complaining when 80% of people here seem to agree with me, it's uselessly small and overpriced.

And you are wrong. You still get the 30 extra days to return things with the Red Card, and you still get 90 days to return most things (that aren't electronics). But thanks for playing!

Most unopened items in new condition and returned within 90 days will receive a refund or exchange. Some items have a modified return policy noted on the receipt, Target policy board (refund exceptions), Target.com or in the item department. Items that are opened or damaged or do not have a receipt may be denied a refund or exchange.

I just thought it was funny that it only had 4 tracks and that 4 tracks were pictures on the box, everything you get is pictured on the box. :rofl:

Look what Walmart put out too early...

attachicon.gif
20170828_192816.jpg
Spoiler alert! :lol:

I just thought it was funny that it only had 4 tracks and that 4 tracks were pictures on the box, everything you get is pictured on the box. :rofl:
People are saying you'll have to buy 4 extra straight tracks to connect it to the train. Am I just crazy or is there a reason you can't put 2 straight tracks a side on last year's set?

All Minifigure series?
Yes all. In store only. Also if you spend $30 on any "LEGO construction purchase" you get a free polybag R3-M2 droid. I stopped at an outlet location and they told me the Ninjago Movie minifigures are street dated for September 1st. But I don't know if that's also for their big box stores. They price matched via viewing the "Today's Deals" on their website.

I saw them at target a few days ago, I did swing by at TRU today as well. I had some certificates I needed to burn so I just picked up to R3 bags, Lego is getting cheap with these gentleman. Looks like the cheap plastic your screws get packaged in, not the nice shiny crisp bags they had.

Yes all. In store only. Also if you spend $30 on any "LEGO construction purchase" you get a free polybag R3-M2 droid. I stopped at an outlet location and they told me the Ninjago Movie minifigures are street dated for September 1st. But I don't know if that's also for their big box stores. They price matched via viewing the "Today's Deals" on their website.
I thought the Ninjago mini-figures had a street date of August 1st? I know the Lego store near me has had them available.

I thought the Ninjago mini-figures had a street date of August 1st? I know the Lego store near me has had them available.
Yeah your correct. I've already purchased some from my local LEGO store. I haven't seen any at a Toys R Us big box store yet to try the sale though. But the Ninjago Movie minifigures are what is pictured on their site with it stating all minifigures 2 for $5.

I certainly asked for this, but there's no way I'm paying $800 for it...  Though maybe I can trade my Taj Mahal or Cafe Corner for one :)

5xFHuH7.png

930K0n8.png

Is it April fools? I really hoped it was something else, I suppose I can continue to live in denial.

Where did they add the extra pieces? Certainly not worth the price, even with the extra details. I think LEGO is trying to get a piece back from the secondary market.

skiizim, there will be other Star Wars sets that will suck. No need to live in denial. At least it's not a horrid Hoth set! ;)

Where did they add the 2,000 pieces? There better be better than 4 minifigures. Hell it should include 50 minifigures for the price.

skiizim, there will be other Star Wars sets that will suck. No need to live in denial. At least it's not a horrid Hoth set! ;)

Where did they add the 2,000 pieces? There better be better than 4 minifigures. Hell it should include 50 minifigures for the price.
The extra 2,000 pieces are gray 1x1 round plates, aka 'asteroids'

I didn't think the UCS ships came with minifigs. Looks like the Death Star came with 23 figures.

If it's going to have the rumored dish changes they should put two sets of figs in there. OT figs (Han, Chewie, Luke, Leia, Obi-wan and the droids) and a Force Awakens set of figs (Old Han, Chewie, Rey, Finn and bb8).

The extra 2,000 pieces are gray 1x1 round plates, aka 'Alderaan'
Fixed that for you.

Is it April fools? I really hoped it was something else, I suppose I can continue to live in denial.

Where did they add the extra pieces? Certainly not worth the price, even with the extra details. I think LEGO is trying to get a piece back from the secondary market.
Hopefully the extra pieces are what's left of Alderaan after they come out of hyperspace...

EDIT: God damn it, you guys beat me to the punch. Read skiizim's post and immediately thought of this

H8ffDfU.jpg

I didn't think the UCS ships came with minifigs. Looks like the Death Star came with 23 figures.

If it's going to have the rumored dish changes they should put two sets of figs in there. OT figs (Han, Chewie, Luke, Leia, Obi-wan and the droids) and a Force Awakens set of figs (Old Han, Chewie, Rey, Finn and bb8).
Those are exactly the TFA figures its coming with. The leaked pic today is just showing the ESB configuration,

Doubt I will ever own this, it's just too much. Beyond that I would have no idea where to display it, it's just massive.

This morning I found the First Order Heavy Assault Walker poly at Walmart.

I don't know if you guys ever used to watch BrickQueen and BrickTitan on Youtube, but I started watching their reviews back in the Harry Potter days.  I just realized they put out a video a couple of months ago saying they are quitting Lego because it's gotten too expensive.  I always wondered how they were able to buy all those sets and thought they were getting them for free.  I guess they were paying for it using their Youtube profits to pay for them.  

I don't know if you guys ever used to watch BrickQueen and BrickTitan on Youtube, but I started watching their reviews back in the Harry Potter days. I just realized they put out a video a couple of months ago saying they are quitting Lego because it's gotten too expensive. I always wondered how they were able to buy all those sets and thought they were getting them for free. I guess they were paying for it using their Youtube profits to pay for them.
I watch Jangbricks and he buys all his sets on his own. Once and awhile someone will send him free sets, like with Scooby Doo, but he buys the sets anyways to review. I'm guessing he's making YouTube money but it must not be enough for some.

The first Bricktober set has been leaked...

lego_batman_movie_limited_minifigures_0002.jpg

lego_batman_movie_limited_minifigures_0001.jpg

Holy shit. That Bricktober set is awesome. Any hints at what the future weeks will hold? More licensed minifigs in costumes?

ETA: More info about MF: https://brickset.com/article/30277/75192-millennium-falcon-revealed!

Includes 7 minifigs: Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, C-3PO, Older Han Solo, Rey and Finn. Also has BB-8 droid, 2 buildable Porgs and a buildable Mynock

As expected, extra pieces are for the interior, not Alderaan (pics in Gizmodo article: http://io9.gizmodo.com/this-7-541-piece-millennium-falcon-is-the-largest-most-1798426562)

Designer video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=54&v=uiQs-2afw9o

Holy shit. That Bricktober set is awesome. Any hints at what the future weeks will hold? More licensed minifigs in costumes?
Good lord that would be amazing. At first it looked like it was just mixed accessories from different figures but then I noticed all the custom Batman printing on everything so it's clear they aren't phoning it in. I'll be getting Destiny's Bounty from them if I can get the price down. I was holding out for a Target coupon but haven't shopped at TRU in ages. Any sales or coupons I should look out for?

$800!?!? Karkyco get's the equivalent of a Target's entire Lego inventory for that much. I was hoping, hoping, for $600 but considering it's cool and might be extremely limited I might have to at least watch it. Anyway, how are those Lepin KO's again... :whistle2:k

Some star wars sets getting clearances at Target

Edit: the crappy part about that is that the set still has stickers, for that price it should all be printed. I would give them $650 at the $700 and even that is pushing it. Anyone know if they are doing first editions again?

LEGO had to come out and say that they will be making Saturn 5 for awhile longer as LEGO fans started rumors it was discontinued to drive up their eBay sales.

Damn, TRU finally got it right.
To be fair to TRU for once, it's whatever shit LEGO gives them. Plus TRU might price it at $30 and free with $150 purchase.

ETA: More info about MF: https://brickset.com/article/30277/75192-millennium-falcon-revealed!

Includes 7 minifigs: Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, C-3PO, Older Han Solo, Rey and Finn. Also has BB-8 droid, 2 buildable Porgs and a buildable Mynock

As expected, extra pieces are for the interior, not Alderaan (pics in Gizmodo article: http://io9.gizmodo.com/this-7-541-piece-millennium-falcon-is-the-largest-most-1798426562)
Seven figures?! Seven?! There isn't even a Luke. Everyone who ever step foot on the ship should be in the set for that price.

No one seems to know what the other 3 Brickier sets are. This one is supposedly week 2 based on set number.

Edit: the crappy part about that is that the set still has stickers, for that price it should all be printed. I would give them $650 at the $700 and even that is pushing it. Anyone know if they are doing first editions again?
Yeah, but printed parts would have made it $900 ;)

Nice score today at Books a Million. Found a Age of Ultron Quinjet Chase and Creator Blue Power Jet for $18 and $13 respectively.

Ahhhhh. I got extremely lucky this week. Picked up Batman Catcycle for $1 (plus tax) and Poe's X wing for $20 (plus tax) from Walmart. The supercenter had them on super clearance. I was even too short to reach the X wing box on the top of the top shelf, so this guy next to me helped me get it down. ahahaha

I love the X-Wing designs. My only nitpick (other than the rubber bands) is that the S-Foil wings don't merge into one wing when closed.

I like the blue color of the Rebel X-Wing more, but I would pick up a Poe X-Wing for $20 without a second thought. Can't own too many X-Wings!

Posted Today, 02:31 PM

The Green Giant, on 31 Aug 2017 - 11:02 AM, said:

Seven figures?! Seven?! There isn't even a Luke. Everyone who ever step foot on the ship should be in the set for that price.

There you go. A third "crew" of Lando and Nien Numb.
Definitely everyone who so much as looked at it let alone set foot in it from A New Hope onward including Han/Chewy/Luke/Obi Wan/C3P0/R2D2 and a little Leia hologram piece.

Storm Troopers and Sand Trooper plus the cannon they set up to shoot at it when taking off on Tatooine (maybe even Jabba and assorted thugs from that added scene)

Then when captured by the Death Star - the inspection droid, more Storm Troopers (or just the same ones from before), Darth Vader, Luke and Han in Storm Trooper gear, Chewy in handcuffs, Princess Leia. Mynocks - there should at least be a couple of them and actual minifigs like sharks and Jurassic Park dinos. Same with those stupid Furby/Hatchimal 2.0's the Porgs, of which there should be a entire flock for this price.

And yes, random brick pieces thrown in as "Alderaan bits/remnants of Alderaan"

Anyone planning to get the old fishing store? I'm tempted but it's price is too high to make it an impulse buy. Might gamble and wait for double VIP points

Anyone planning to get the old fishing store? I'm tempted but it's price is too high to make it an impulse buy. Might gamble and wait for double VIP points
I'm determined to shoehorn it in with the modulars. I'll probably try and mode it to be a seafood restaraunt chain. It's so well made I imagine it will go up a ton in value after retirement.

Also, I mentioned a while back I was getting rid of a few sets and it only took a day to devolve into insults for not immediately posting. Well, prepare to be even more disappointed. Here's the seven sets I convinced the kids to ditch. All have boxes and instructions and should have all pieces but were admittedly packed by an 8 year old who rushes through his homework and are sold as is. I'm selling them here for about half I would on ebay with the caveat that people buy at least 50 bucks worth because I'm trying to make shipping as easy as possible. I know who the regulars are so PM if interested and you'll get first dibs.

LEGO 75046 Star Wars Coruscant Police Gunship - 30

LEGO Star Wars 75141 - Kanan's Speeder Bike 10

LEGO Ninjago The Golden Dragon 70503 -20

LEGO Chima 70009 Worriz Combat Lair - 20

LEGO Ninjago Ninja Bike Chase 70600 -10

LEGO Ninjago Desert Lightning 70622 -10

LEGO Chima Cragger Command Ship 70006 - 40

LEGO Ninjago 70725 Nindroid Mech Dragon Toy - 30

I grabbed the new BB8 from the online store but its on backorder so who knows when i'll get it.

I grabbed the new BB8 from the online store but its on backorder so who knows when i'll get it.
I'm at the store right now, they sold out in the morning.

Edit: I managed to get the snow speeded for $150

How many local subscription alerts does the basic Brickseek membership come with? I had 5 then when I started making changes now all I can do is one total.

If you have a Lego store by you, they have the new MF on display. Sales guy said the box weighs 27 lbs and has wheels on it so you can roll it out of the store

If you have a Lego store by you, they have the new MF on display. Sales guy said the box weighs 27 lbs and has wheels on it so you can roll it out of the store
LEGO already showed off the wheels in one of it's useless previews. It's silly, but needed. I think people will just be buying it to go "I'm better than you, my LEGO box has wheels". :)

bread's done
Back