LEGO Deals 3

I always assumed if I ever got a UCS Falcon, it would go into a coffee table. The one posted looks nice but the top being 100% glass scares me a little.
I had a glass top kitchen table for years. So long as the glass is thick enough, it's plenty durable. Came as part of a set, and all the wooden parts (chairs, table supports) wore out first.

As beautiful as it is, I just don't see a UCS Falcon in my future, unless there's another Prime day glitch or something. That one is just a brick too far.

I had a glass top kitchen table for years. So long as the glass is thick enough, it's plenty durable. Came as part of a set, and all the wooden parts (chairs, table supports) wore out first.

As beautiful as it is, I just don't see a UCS Falcon in my future, unless there's another Prime day glitch or something. That one is just a brick too far.
have they even announced it for other retailers?

Nothing says high-end collectible like stickers!
To be fair, all the UCS sets have that huge sticker telling people about the ship, but yeah I agree.

They talk about how LEGO always learns from past sets and moves forward. But what would LEGO be taught from this set? There is no price people wouldn't pay for it, stickers aren't deal breakers and for some reason people don't mind it has the same amount of minifigures as the '$150' (But never more than $120.) Falcon.

If I had the money I would just buy 6 of last normal Falcon and see if I could make a huge model. About the same number roof pieces and 6 times the minifigures.

'$150' (But never more than $120.) Falcon.

If I had the money I would just buy 6 of last normal Falcon and see if I could make a huge model. About the same number roof pieces and 6 times the minifigures.
I'm still patiently waiting for that Falcon to drop to $75. Although if I get the UCS Falcon, the smaller version will be much less desirable.

I'm still patiently waiting for that Falcon to drop to $75. Although if I get the UCS Falcon, the smaller version will be much less desirable.
I bought mine for $78 last Christmas time. But sadly I'm not sure if that will happen again. Target used to have 20% off sets already 20%+ off. But it's possible.

You can always have two, one for display and one for play as the $800 one is know to be very fragile.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty happy with the previous, Original Trilogy Falcons I got for 70% off clearance at Targets.  IIRC, they were $38.88 each before redcard discount and sales tax.  I ended up hooking up family and friends on those.  

So no need for the new TFA Falcon, and it has a better figure set than this new $800 "masterpiece".  Although I will need it to go with my UCS Slave I.

I bought mine for $78 last Christmas time. But sadly I'm not sure if that will happen again. Target used to have 20% off sets already 20%+ off. But it's possible.
I saw it for $85 at the beginning of August in one Target (a very strange, pocket Target that used to be a grocery store). I tried to convince myself to pick it up, but I have an older Falcon and already have Too Much Stuff. That was the only place I saw it for that price.

I wonder if Lego has to pay for each figure they include in a licensed property. The new Ninjago city comes with a boatload of figures, so they can clearly put a lot of minifigs in a big set if they want to.

Then again, Ninjago consistently seems to have better value/price metrics. And even if they did have to pay for each figure, the number of figures in that Falcon is ridiculously low.

Part of me is in awe of the new Falcon. Part of me also hopes that it bombs miserably. I really don't want this to be the start of Legos for the 1%.

I saw it for $85 at the beginning of August in one Target (a very strange, pocket Target that used to be a grocery store). I tried to convince myself to pick it up, but I have an older Falcon and already have Too Much Stuff. That was the only place I saw it for that price.

Part of me is in awe of the new Falcon. Part of me also hopes that it bombs miserably. I really don't want this to be the start of Legos for the 1%.
The Death Star is $500, 4000 pieces and has 25 minifigures. There are no excuses for SEVEN minifigures in a $800 set that includes a sticker sheet.

The new Falcon is the start of LEGO for 1%, it's selling amazingly well, it's sickening. Thankfully I don't want it at all.

But if you have an older Falcon the Episode 7 one isn't that different.

The Death Star is $500, 4000 pieces and has 25 minifigures. There are no excuses for SEVEN minifigures in a $800 set that includes a sticker sheet.

The new Falcon is the start of LEGO for 1%, it's selling amazingly well, it's sickening. Thankfully I don't want it at all.

But if you have an older Falcon the Episode 7 one isn't that different.
Have other UCS sets been available from other retailers? Or am I stuck with Lego shop as the only option?

seriously they put everything they had up at once after announcing two separate release dates? that's actually really fucked up.
You most be new, so welcome! LEGO always does this, the second release date is useless really, but for some reason an 800$ set somehow sold out. I doubt we will see more by Christmas.

Tested has a nice side-by-side comparison of the two UCS MFs.

My favorite comment is around 11:14 (if you listen closely, you can hear Green Giant's head explode)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLmqKBRqyA8

You most be new, so welcome! LEGO always does this, the second release date is useless really, but for some reason an 800$ set somehow sold out. I doubt we will see more by Christmas.
MF is the biggest offender in terms of being under manufactured but other sets like the Porsche and Disney Castle initially sold out for a while. The Castle isn't a terrible value but the Porsche is just awful and was OOS out for a month. Then it came back and never went out again.

New to the multiple release dates yes, well that's shitty. Think I'll be boycotting Lego for xmas, save me hundreds of dollars
Have fun wit that, more cheap LEGO for the rest of us. You could have paid attention and become a free VIP member of the LEGO site and then tried, and failed, to buy the Falcon like everyone else. :lol:

FLOL...not sure if that's sarcasm or the sad reality.
Which is why his post is perfect. Last I knew it was 30% off exclusives and 40% off everything else. But that was 2015.

In other news a signed Falcon went for $6300 on eBay, plus $200 shipping.

Wow, that article is shit. People waiting for 10/1 were doing it "the right way?" Anyone can sign up for VIP. It's not paid or exclusive. Whoever wrote that crap just took a Lego statement and piled a bunch of assumptions on top of it.
Yeah thats really stupid. It's like complaining that you need to have a grocery card to get the weekly sale price. It's free, it takes 30 seconds to sign up, it's even quicker than a grocery card. Also if you have a website called 'Bricks Are Awesome' you would think they would know how these 'presales' work.

In the USA the limit was 1, but it seems in some EU countries there was a limit of 3, which is stupid.

Also is there a rush to get the set? Like LEGO won't make more so they make more money? It's not like it's the female science set they only had out for 6 hours and refused to make more. They will make more.

Also is there a rush to get the set? Like LEGO won't make more so they make more money? It's not like it's the female science set they only had out for 6 hours and refused to make more. They will make more.
People on the Reddit Lego forum think it's a life and death situation!!!

In all seriousness though, this will probably be like the Death Star where it gets produced for years. There's no way that $800 in easy money will be discontinued by Lego in the near future. Especially when their sales went down a little.

I wasn't even planning on buying this set, but now that I am, there's really no sense of urgency. I do like the idea of the special VIP card.

People on the Reddit Lego forum think it's a life and death situation!!!

I wasn't even planning on buying this set, but now that I am, there's really no sense of urgency. I do like the idea of the special VIP card.

I swear the people of Reddit are more insane than Eurobricks. But I'm curious, why do you care about the (useless) VIP card? For $800 I'll make you a black one. Hell for $800 I'll make it out of steel. But seriously why is a black (unless) card matter?

But I'm curious, why do you care about the (useless) VIP card? For $800 I'll make you a black one. Hell for $800 I'll make it out of steel. But seriously why is a black (unless) card matter?
Supposedly, it makes you eligible for some exclusive offers next year. I have no idea what kind of offers it could possibly be.

was trying to find the answer online but got no result... Does anybody know how to apply the disney annual passholders 10% discount on lego.com? or is it in disney lego stores only?

was trying to find the answer online but got no result... Does anybody know how to apply the disney annual passholders 10% discount on lego.com? or is it in disney lego stores only?
It's impossible to do online, but you might be able to call it in, but I doubt it.

Someone in this thread is now the owner of the UCS MF...

My local Lego store got a second shipment of 10 this morning. I called them yesterday to see if they would be getting any in, so it was just luck.

I went to the mall at 7am and 5 people were already in line, so I was sure I would get it.

Someone in this thread is now the owner of the UCS MF...

My local Lego store got a second shipment of 10 this morning. I called them yesterday to see if they would be getting any in, so it was just luck.

I went to the mall at 7am and 5 people were already in line, so I was sure I would get it.
Are you a builder or an investor?

I'm an investor, but only in stocks.

I plan on building this with my kids over the holiday and making a coffee table to display it. Life's too short not to enjoy nice things that you can afford to!
Very cool... please post pics when it's done! Would love to see the end results. Congrats btw!

Very cool... please post pics when it's done! Would love to see the end results. Congrats btw!
Thanks. I definitely will. I should get the coffee table in a few weeks, but I have to modify it to get what I need. The glass bottom and top doesn't have a 9" clearance for the MF, so I'll have to make my own wood end caps. Then I'll have to cut the legs of the table to adjust for the increased height of the display and cut some glass for the sides to enclose it.

I'll probably start building it either on the weekends with my kids or wait until Christmas.

But I'll definitely unbox it tonight and take some pictures.

I'm not sure what year they started numbering the bags, but I was pleasantly surprised the first time I opened a box and saw it. It sure makes organizing things much easier and saves a lot of time compared to the original method of dumping all the bags out to sort.

When I just picked it up.

JPsmDQF.jpg

Out of the double box.

13EXkRy.jpg

Don't do it.

S2lNW8T.jpg

Get the knife.

D6vevpL.jpg

There's a quarter in the binding for scale. 6.5 lbs. of goodness.

NzjLsKB.jpg

What's in the boxes?

j9PjvrL.jpg

7500+ pieces!

VRxuyyJ.jpg

17 groups of bags. Multiple bags per group!!!

xEGOD3B.jpg

It's never too late to get back in. I just started collecting again about 2 years ago.

Although your wallet may not want you to get back in!

bread's done
Back