LEGO Deals 3

Just found this thread on this site. I wish I still had the time and money to collect Legos like the old days
eBay. I stopped paying full price for LEGO a long time ago. I'm hopeful to get the NinjaGo Movie figures for $50 when they retail for $80 plus tax.

I just bought 4 of these for $4.25 when I bought one for that price not long ago. (They are missing the ice hands but I don't like them anyways.)

character_image_1488x838_icequeen.png
The LEGO market is really starting to fall apart, which makes me happy. It's why I only buy sets I don't mind if I can't resell down the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
So do we know if LEGO picked up the rights to make Jurassic World 2 sets?
They have indeed. In fact, I believe the Jurassic World license will span Lego, Juniors, and Duplo next time around. There were a bunch of sets listed in the retailer catalog leak from a few weeks back.

So do we know if LEGO picked up the rights to make Jurassic World 2 sets?
Yes because LEGO only makes license stuff now.

They have indeed. In fact, I believe the Jurassic World license will span Lego, Juniors, and Duplo next time around. There were a bunch of sets listed in the retailer catalog leak from a few weeks back.
Yep, 5-6 System sets, 3 Junior sets and 2 Duplo sets.

Good to hear. I figured JW2 was a given since they seemed to have done two production runs of the originals.
It seemed to be a very popular theme, I hope the new sets are more movie based and less redoes of old LEGO sets.

Unrelated topic, I think I know what Amazon's Frustration Free Packaging is. It's literally just the LEGO box. They just stick the shipping labels on it. I bought a set of battery candles with that label. It was literally just shoved in the mail. I'm amazed it wasn't destroyed.

And it looks like the LEGO NinjaGo Movie bombed! Yay for clearance! Maybe I can get the CMF for less than $50 now.

It seemed to be a very popular theme, I hope the new sets are more movie based and less redoes of old LEGO sets.

Unrelated topic, I think I know what Amazon's Frustration Free Packaging is. It's literally just the LEGO box. They just stick the shipping labels on it. I bought a set of battery candles with that label. It was literally just shoved in the mail. I'm amazed it wasn't destroyed.

And it looks like the LEGO NinjaGo Movie bombed! Yay for clearance! Maybe I can get the CMF for less than $50 now.
The NinjaGo movie was the worst of the 3, sadly, by a mile...but it was still decent. I'm wanting to pick up some of the minifigures now, after watching it...of course lol

The NinjaGo movie was the worst of the 3, sadly, by a mile...but it was still decent. I'm wanting to pick up some of the minifigures now, after watching it...of course lol
There are some great minifigures and some great sets, my favorite theme of the past many years. I'm just cheap and hoping for clearance.

I wanted all the CMF in the series, but I think I can get a lot of the more generic ones just in sets and not at $3-$4 a piece.

Movie made 21 million and came in third place. BOMBED! If bombed harder than Trump when he will nuke South Korea (by mistake).

There are some great minifigures and some great sets, my favorite theme of the past many years. I'm just cheap and hoping for clearance.

I wanted all the CMF in the series, but I think I can get a lot of the more generic ones just in sets and not at $3-$4 a piece.

Movie made 21 million and came in third place. BOMBED! If bombed harder than Trump when he will nuke South Korea (by mistake).
What do you think the cheapest Destiny's Bounty will be? It's pretty rare to have a $160 set at Target/Walmart but I don't know if those sets are typically excluded from the 20% coupons. B&N coupons used to be a decent way to get a modest discount but my store has cracked down on Lego exclusions.

What do you think the cheapest Destiny's Bounty will be?
I've been debating that. I think the cheapest might be $120. It really depends on how the movie bombing affects store clearance. Target online has it and at some point probably will for 20% off. I'm thinking if Toys R Us doesn't sell the theme we might see it 30-40% off like a couple former exclusives last Christmas.

And how exactly does eBay work? Is there a way to fuck with people with like bots or something? I was winning a Ninjago set for 44.44 (plus $7 shipping) and somehow someone beat me with a 44.51 bid when the minimum bid increase was a $1 and not 8 cents. However I saw a set for 'buy now' that was $65, $10 cheaper than pre-movie.

I'm just hoping for fewer vehicular based sets. What that leaves, I don't have a clue.... but the folks at LEGO are a creative bunch.
Clearly that would be an $80 set containing one minifigure, one dinosaur and an overpriced wall.

LEGO wlil then fire 4,000 people next year after sales don't meet expectations.

Yeah I meant to post that random set. I don't see the need for it, but once again, it's just LEGO for the 1%. Then LEGO wonders why their sales are down. Stop making 50 $300 sets a year! No one can afford several of these. 

I'm a little annoyed that looks like a new coaster piece. They don't have that for the Friends set, but I'm sure we will get a $250 Creator Roller Coaster next year.

And before I become Mr. Negative, at least the set is well designed. Better than the horrible Batcave. But I don't even remember this from the movie. Also 9 fucking minifigures. You could buy three of these for the price of the Falcon, and more minifigures and more exclusive minifigures. (But the Falcon one has Han and Leia with gas mask heads!)

Yeah I meant to post that random set. I don't see the need for it, but once again, it's just LEGO for the 1%. Then LEGO wonders why their sales are down. Stop making 50 $300 sets a year! No one can afford several of these.

I'm a little annoyed that looks like a new coaster piece. They don't have that for the Friends set, but I'm sure we will get a $250 Creator Roller Coaster next year.
All of this is true. While It looks like they snapped together Arkham Asylum and Jokerland I think the worse offense is just how quickly they are crapping these sets out now. I think like the 1960's Batcave this thing will see serious discounts before it disappears. Even worse, having really interesting functional pieces like coaster pieces instead of some weird 1x2 will just irritate people who actually like to build things with their imagination.

I like it, but I can't imagine what I'd ever do with it.

The only thing that would be cool if some office had the mansion on display, and switches to Jokerland every halloween or something.

Is Ninjago Movie City (the mall) only available through Lego? I'm thinking of getting it for my kids for Christmas. It would be a combo gift that I would have my brother and sister chip in for.

I think the worse offense is just how quickly they are crapping these sets out now.
Yeah. 10 years ago we had one Cafe Corner and one Star Wars set. They were $150-$200. Two in a year is fine. We somehow got to two in one month now, and $150 sets in City. At least the value in this one is amazing with all the pieces and exclusive minifigures.

I like this set, and the NinjaGo boat and NinjaGo City and about 75% of the modulars, I want to try the new Boost set, and new trains next year. But I already spend too much a year on LEGO and I much rather spend $20-50 on several set and build them thought the year then just one big thing.

I ended up picking up a couple of Lego sets at Target yesterday with that fin coupon that was going around. Grabbed the JL Aquaman set. Super stoked to build it tonight.

Think I may also finally build the Jestro HQ set. I've shopped it around locally and in a few different Lego groups and I only get lowballed. Sure seems like Lego made a misstep with the Nexo series. Oh well, it'll get to be the biggest set I've ever built!

I ended up picking up a couple of Lego sets at Target yesterday with that fin coupon that was going around. Grabbed the JL Aquaman set. Super stoked to build it tonight.

Think I may also finally build the Jestro HQ set. I've shopped it around locally and in a few different Lego groups and I only get lowballed. Sure seems like Lego made a misstep with the Nexo series. Oh well, it'll get to be the biggest set I've ever built!
What coupon?

Also if Jestro HQ is the set on wheels you aren't going to make any money off of it. If it's the bigger red and black castle you might make some. The Jestro Mobile HQ is always 40% off.

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-KNIGHTS-Jestros-Headquarters-70352/dp/B01L0VXB58

What coupon?

Also if Jestro HQ is the set on wheels you aren't going to make any money off of it. If it's the bigger red and black castle you might make some. The Jestro Mobile HQ is always 40% off.

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-KNIGHTS-Jestros-Headquarters-70352/dp/B01L0VXB58
There was a cartwheel coupon for $20 off $20. I used it for the JL Aquaman set for myself and an Elves set for my girlfriend. In retrospect, I should have probably grabbed some SW sets, too.

It was the one with the wheels, but I was just looking to trade. Only offers I ever got were for small city sets or people just lowballing me with cash offers and I was looking for SW ships or a Spidey bridge. Funniest offer I got was $10 Paypal and 4 Batman blindbags.

It was the one with the wheels, but I was just looking to trade. Only offers I ever got were for small city sets or people just lowballing me with cash offers and I was looking for SW ships or a Spidey bridge. Funniest offer I got was $10 Paypal and 4 Batman blindbags.

So you are upset that no one wants to trade a set so unpopular it's always 40% off with you? :lol:

So you are upset that no one wants to trade a set so unpopular it's always 40% off with you? :lol:
Not upset, more just disappointed. I expected at least someone to want it locally. I got it for cheap enough from Target clearance to make it worth it because I can still build it and have fun (dem minifigs doe), I just kind of expected that I would be able to move it a little easier since it was a large set and the only one in my area.

I'm in Kansas and people here tend to trade for really common sets all the time, so I figured that asking for a trade of another set or $50 would have had it flying out the door on CL and FB. I had a guy ask to give me a $20 Shell card and we don't even have Shells here. I even posted it up asking for non working Dreamcasts in trade because I'm learning how to swap parts and restore them, but still got no bites.

I even posted it up asking for non working Dreamcasts in trade because I'm learning how to swap parts and restore them, but still got no bites.
Do you have a list somewhere? I have a functional extra DC that randomly resets that I wouldn't mind trading. It even has the official Sega clear smoke shell.

Hi guys I have a question-  I have set 21117 The Ender Dragon without the minifigures.  I wanted to sell it locally I was just wondering if you can give me an idea of a fair price to sell it for.  Do you think there is value in it without the minifigures? I thought some people might like it just for all the other pieces,dragon.

Thank you for your help.   

Hi guys I have a question- I have set 21117 The Ender Dragon without the minifigures. I wanted to sell it locally I was just wondering if you can give me an idea of a fair price to sell it for. Do you think there is value in it without the minifigures? I thought some people might like it just for all the other pieces,dragon.
Thank you for your help.
A used complete set on eBay goes for $40-60. Without any the mini-figures, you'd probably get 50% of that.

Hi guys I have a question- I have set 21117 The Ender Dragon without the minifigures. I wanted to sell it locally I was just wondering if you can give me an idea of a fair price to sell it for. Do you think there is value in it without the minifigures? I thought some people might like it just for all the other pieces,dragon.

Thank you for your help.
I agree with Toker. Someone might want the dragon, but you would only get like $20-25 for the set without figures. Depends on how badly someone wants the dragon as the rest of the set is just common pieces.

And TRU is having a sale online, an actual sale! Same decent deals if you are a fan of the Race car sets as I think they are TRU exclusives.

https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=85258926

I grabbed the Prison Island set for $63 using the code. Will go great with my custom Obama/Hillary mini figs!
Funny that you are still triggered by Obama and Mrs. Clinton who were never found guilty of anything besides being useless, yet the current clown's house of cards is falling down and many people will actually end up in jail. :lol:

Also funny, the fact The LEGO NinjaGo movie is the only children' movie currently out in the top ten and it still will be beat by three R rated movies.

Bricktober is interesting this year, normally there are no sales and you get a free promo. No free promo this year, LEGO probably refused to have TRU get them. So no Batman minifigures for us.

However 20% off the NinjaGo Movie sets, actual 20% off the MSRP.

Bricktober is interesting this year, normally there are no sales and you get a free promo. No free promo this year, LEGO probably refused to have TRU get them. So no Batman minifigures for us.
However 20% off the NinjaGo Movie sets, actual 20% off the MSRP.
Tru does have the freebies. Picking mine up right now. Ninjago this week. Batman next week.

Might be because of the bankruptcy. They haven't had weekly ads here for like 6 weeks.
They can't do an online ad? "Come in store and spend $X and get a free NinjaGo Movie minifigure pack!"

Can we buy them separately? How much do we have to get to get them 'free'?

Currently S@H is being weird, so I don't know if it will allow you to check out, all kinds of errors going on. However....

Free Cave people with ANY purchase. (last month's thing)
Free Lloyd with $50

Free tic-tac-toe AND the little drawer with $25 purchase on Friends stuff.

You can buy a gingerbread man key chain for $1.65 and spend $5 on shipping to get the cave people. (The keychain went back to normal price.)

Any building events this October at TRU? I have a weekend alone with my boys while Mom is out of town and these are usually fun distractions.

Any building events this October at TRU? I have a weekend alone with my boys while Mom is out of town and these are usually fun distractions.
The 28th has a BB8 build. Every weekend has a 'play with bricks' on Saturday but the 28th you can build and take home with you.

Anyone looking for a Christmas present? I'd buy it, but the shipping kills it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Legoland-Vintage-Mega-Super-Collection-1000-Boxes-All-Sealed-Misb/142507597759?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D47046%26meid%3Dbbc6c755bf3448bf97a4ada8415867ea%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D8%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D272863592767&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%253A4b3d04a0-a841-11e7-91ae-74dbd1809eb6%257Cparentrq%253Ae27d1ff315e0ab6bc79fbcf8fffec6bd%257Ciid%253A1

So this year's big free Christmas gift is this nutcracker. Not bad but I've enjoyed the last three years gifts more. Don't know if this will have the same resale as other either.

40254-1.jpg

bread's done
Back