LEGO Deals 3

I started the Detective Office with my daughter today.  We got the first floor done.  It's a really cool modular thus far, and might be my favorite build of the series.  

I haven't bought the Bank or Assembly Square yet.   AS is damn pricey but the Bank looks pretty boring, so I might skip that one.

I started the Detective Office with my daughter today. We got the first floor done. It's a really cool modular thus far, and might be my favorite build of the series.

I haven't bought the Bank or Assembly Square yet. AS is damn pricey but the Bank looks pretty boring, so I might skip that one.
The Detective Office is fantastic, especially the bakery smuggling scheme. Our next modular is the Parisian Restaurant unless we get Ninjago City over the holidays.

Is the Ninjago City a Lego exclusive? I plan on getting for my two daughters as a Christmas gift from everyone.

The only deal I can find is if I wait for double points next week and also get the free VIP set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a Lego deal but Dollar Tree has been stocking Sick Bricks recently. Not a huge fan of them but at the price the kids get plenty of use from them.

The Detective Office is fantastic, especially the bakery smuggling scheme. Our next modular is the Parisian Restaurant unless we get Ninjago City over the holidays.
Parisian was probably my favorite prior to the Detective Office. Seems like they get better with each one.

Lots of free stuff if you spend $25 on Friends stuff on the Lego shop. Free cave people with any purchase, and then the free Friends storage box and tic tac toe for $25. Spending $50 gets you a free Lloyd minifigure. I picked up the Friends advent calendar for my daughter and then Dimensions Hermione and Goonies packs to get free shipping/Lloyd. Pretty sweet deal.

Saw this on SD.

Lots of free stuff if you spend $25 on Friends stuff on the Lego shop. Free cave people with any purchase, and then the free Friends storage box and tic tac toe for $25. Spending $50 gets you a free Lloyd minifigure. I picked up the Friends advent calendar for my daughter and then Dimensions Hermione and Goonies packs to get free shipping/Lloyd. Pretty sweet deal.

Saw this on SD.
Posted here on Oct 1 already, btw.

We have done a sucky job of posting deals lately.

The Lego Batman Movie digital download is $2.49 on Amazon Video. No idea how long that price will last.

Kmart Store closing 40% off sale plus some surprise points and regular points.[attachment=28260:IMG_3437.JPG]

Picked up the Batman minifigure set at TRU, they let me buy it by itself. Got the sea turtle poly at Target. Also got some KO Deadpool Duck minifgures

I wonder if the Friends freebies (caveman, keepsake) will still be active during the 10/10 double points tomorrow.

Otherwise, I'll see what I can get with the Ninjago City.

I wonder if the Friends freebies (caveman, keepsake) will still be active during the 10/10 double points tomorrow.

That's my plan but didn't know about the double points so thanks for the heads up. Depending on what you plan on spending remember there are pretty great freebies starting next month with Christmas 24 in 1 Christmas Build Up set and then the Nutcracker with $100 or more purchases. That said, the VIP set for VIP purchases over $125 is really cool with a lot of custom stickers.

the VIP set for VIP purchases over $125 is really cool with a lot of custom stickers.

There is nothing I like more than spending $125 for exclusive stickers!!!!

I mean I bought the $800 Falcon just because I love the stickers so much!!!!11!!!!

Picked up the Batman minifigure set at TRU, they let me buy it by itself. Got the sea turtle poly at Target. Also got some KO Deadpool Duck minifgures
Apparently a lot of stores are doing this this year. To the point I saw a communication telling stores to stop selling them and to make sure they are given away with purchase.

So by the looks of it NinjaGo figure will be around tomorrow, and so will the TWO free Friends things (Drawer and tic-tac-toe). None of those end tomorrow unless they run out. However the Cavemen thing is supposed to end tonight.

That's my plan but didn't know about the double points so thanks for the heads up. Depending on what you plan on spending remember there are pretty great freebies starting next month with Christmas 24 in 1 Christmas Build Up set and then the Nutcracker with $100 or more purchases. That said, the VIP set for VIP purchases over $125 is really cool with a lot of custom stickers.
I saw the December gifts, but I really like that VIP set. I think it would be great to include with my UCS Falcon display!

So by the looks of it NinjaGo figure will be around tomorrow, and so will the TWO free Friends things (Drawer and tic-tac-toe). None of those end tomorrow unless they run out. However the Cavemen thing is supposed to end tonight.
I'm still not sure if I want the Friends set since I already have the Tic-Tac-Toe and Caveman set from previous purchases. Although my daughters would love an extra set and I know they would love the keepsake.

I can also finally buy some pieces to fix my Rebel X-Wing's cannons to the older style with the saucers.

Don't forget the official monotone red minifigure who serves as the charming mascot of the VIP club.
It's not even in chrome like the keychain.

As of right now all the promos, including the VIP one and double points all work.

Update: (Oddly the Friends Box is still in my cart as Out of stock free item")

It's not even in chrome like the keychain.

As of right now all the promos, including the VIP one and double points all work.

Update: (Oddly the Friends Box is still in my cart as Out of stock free item")
The Keepsake isn't showing in my cart, but the Tic Tac Toe and Caveman are.

The Keepsake isn't showing in my cart, but the Tic Tac Toe and Caveman are.
Yeah, it disappeared right after I wrote that.

I was doing Bricks and Pieces and went to pee. Everyone knows what happened next, erased the cart. So buy the time I redid it the thing was gone. I was going to buy the four holiday sets, and two hedgehog storage sets. $66 for 6 small sets and 4 free things and $5 in rewards would have been nice.

Apparently a lot of stores are doing this this year. To the point I saw a communication telling stores to stop selling them and to make sure they are given away with purchase.
The sets are kept behind customer service and I asked if I could just buy one by itself. The girl that was helping me asked the manager and he said as long as he had more than one case left he didn’t mind (they had two)

Lego store I went to only had the Lloyd poly and VIP sets available for free. They ran out of the other freebies earlier in the day. They still had the canvas tote bags so I ended getting one of those for free too.

The sets are kept behind customer service and I asked if I could just buy one by itself. The girl that was helping me asked the manager and he said as long as he had more than one case left he didn’t mind (they had two)
Asked the cashier if they had any Batman promos left, and they replied "yes". Went and looked at Lego selection, got depressed. Went back and asked if I could just buy one, and she said "yes" again. Success? :whistle2:k

^Thanks!

Do people here still trade minifigures? I missed out on Series 17 as around here it went almost straight from Batman to NinjaGo. I'm looking for hot dog guy, woman baker, butterfly girl, corn cob guy.

^Thanks!
Do people here still trade minifigures? I missed out on Series 17 as around here it went almost straight from Batman to NinjaGo. I'm looking for hot dog guy, woman baker, butterfly girl, corn cob guy.
I have extras of corn cob and butterfly girl. Will check to see if I have a baker. I'm in need of a french bulldog bread person. Or let me know what else you have.

I have extras of corn cob and butterfly girl. Will check to see if I have a baker. I'm in need of a french bulldog bread person. Or let me know what else you have.
I have old extras, series 3 through whenever the price increase happened. I think 3-10. i'll have to check my mom's basement, it's where they are all kept.

Unrelated AWD has added more sets in the last 3 hours than the last 3 months. Including a $13 Corner Bakery that went quick. But they keep updating so check often. A lot of NinjaGo has been there. A Friends Advent for $19.47 (Because of only one minidoll.), the Quintet with giant Antman is $43, Friends Catamaran is $52, a non-ice Frozen castle for $36, City Ferry is $13.50 (55% off), a ton of 30% off things, Friends Pizza, $30 Ninjago sets, 35-40% off Eclipse Fighter, Ghost Rider, Harvey and Batman motorcycle. Jester's HQ is $45. Mr. Freeze is less than $10. Rathtar is $46.20, about $45 too much.

Our kmarts closed, didn't get much from them, just the nexo stuff. I missed the big red jestro castle from B&N half off clearance... and spent the last few days in the hospital. Might be hitting a LEGO store with the wife on Saturday. She ordered a ton online but they're out of the friends bonus she wants, and out of the big sets she wants.

Our B&N in Atlanta (Edgewood) is apparently getting boxes of old Lego stock to get doled out over the next few weeks into 50% clearance. The site is junk to me so it may be difficult to know what stores are getting what but the local store cleared out a bunch of Nexo and Friends as well at the 50% off mark so B&N might be a good visit for anyone looking for those sets.

I have old extras, series 3 through whenever the price increase happened. I think 3-10. i'll have to check my mom's basement, it's where they are all kept.

Unrelated AWD has added more sets in the last 3 hours than the last 3 months. Including a $13 Corner Bakery that went quick. But they keep updating so check often. A lot of NinjaGo has been there. A Friends Advent for $19.47 (Because of only one minidoll.), the Quintet with giant Antman is $43, Friends Catamaran is $52, a non-ice Frozen castle for $36, City Ferry is $13.50 (55% off), a ton of 30% off things, Friends Pizza, $30 Ninjago sets, 35-40% off Eclipse Fighter, Ghost Rider, Harvey and Batman motorcycle. Jester's HQ is $45. Mr. Freeze is less than $10. Rathtar is $46.20, about $45 too much.
Quit hating on Rathtar Escape. It displays nicely.

Quit hating on Rathtar Escape. It displays nicely.
Displays nicely in the trash?

I'm glad someone likes it, but that set has bigger issues. LEGO made that set, LEGO barely ever makes playlets and when they do they make that useless piece of shit. So now LEGO will use it as an excuse to not make playlets anymore because that one didn't sell. 3,00 more people will be laid off because sales are down because of sets like that one and Hoth.

Of all the things to make in the Star Wars universe (fucking Cloud City) they make some random hallway. I guess it's better than a wall... but not much.

And Targets near me, after only getting like a box of Series 17 have decided to sell NinjaGo series for $4.79. Needless to say they have a few (hundred) left.

I saw this in a checkout lane yesterday. I thought they were just mislabeled or on the wrong peg. Guess not. fuck Target.
It was on a side cap and had no less than 30-40 price tags on it. Clearly a new employee actually thinking they need to do what they are told. :lol:

However I didn't scan them, maybe they are wrong. The Mystery Oreos were tagged at $3.69 and were normal $2.99.

I have some extra minifigures for those who were looking for older ones, shoot me a pm if interested

ZIlVsX0l.jpg

Today I got my big VIP double points order. Caveman freebie and Ninjago Lloyd freebie... no Friends keepsake or tic-tac-toe set (but I already got those with a different order, so no big deal). Also, the VIP freebie is pretty freakin' big, especially for a polybag. The autumn and Halloween small seasonal sets seem pretty awesome; the Christmas ones have more pieces, but seem less impressive... maybe because there are already bigger and better Christmas sets.

I like how even an Ideas set has an overprice wall. Nice going LEGO!
At least the Hubble looks awesome, and the shuttle isn't bad. If you take that CMF are $3-4 each that's 12-16$ right there.
However it will most likely sell out at 12:02am Eastern, the site will crash, and LEGO will refuse to make any more.

Target seems to be giving away a free Creator Turtle with a sets over $20.
https://www.target.com/p/lego-174-creator-30476-happy-turtle/-/A-52636623?sid=1232S&ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Toys+Shopping_Local&adgroup=SC_Toys&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9053162&gclid=Cj0KCQjw95vPBRDVARIsAKvPd3KG2FsVnDB9r233-MOjSRYHLFLia-FdexwBiPvtLX65TC9ye5D0Yl4aAqAcEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I’m hoping they release a complete edition of the game. One last push that just has all the characters and vehicles unlocked so you don’t have to get all the minifigs. Unlikely, I know, but a guy can dream

Seems they completely dumped lego dimensions, the last wave sounded pretty cool.
I read an article saying it failed because the profit margins of using 'real LEGO' and not cheap plastic like Infinity and Skylander meant smaller profit margins. They were charging $15 for a minifigure and a few pieces. Even at half off there should be a good profit to it.

I read an article saying it failed because the profit margins of using 'real LEGO' and not cheap plastic like Infinity and Skylander meant smaller profit margins. They were charging $15 for a minifigure and a few pieces. Even at half off there should be a good profit to it.
I don't know how much $$$ they needed to pump into programming the levels for the dimensions sets either. It was a nice idea but the implementation was not as polished as I would like. Some of the levels were better than others. Hopefully there are some clearance prices on par with what we saw with Disney infinity. That would be great

I don't know how much $$$ they needed to pump into programming the levels for the dimensions sets either. It was a nice idea but the implementation was not as polished as I would like. Some of the levels were better than others. Hopefully there are some clearance prices on par with what we saw with Disney infinity. That would be great
Exactly. I think the article was just making up things. But it's been confirmed now it has been canceled by the game creators. And people aren't shocked because they said the second year sets all had corruption issues in game and the support staff didn't do anything to fix it. I have never played the game so I don't know.

I think we all knew they were canceled when CA dollar stores got the packs in.

But what sucks is we were supposed to get a Missy Character from Doctor Who!!!

I'm still hoping for LEGO to realize something from the failures of Dimensions, Nexo and Bionicle, but I don;t think that's likely. The rumors are Harry Potter is returning, which is great, but I'd like a theme, even a one off 5-6 sets, that's original. A return to Space would be nice, LEGO has had some creative designs with Alien Conquest and Galaxy Squad. After next summer the only original action theme LEGO will have is NinjaGo.

Dimensions probably died for the same reason that all of the other similar games died. The audience moved on to something new. New levels and characters can't keep a kid's game going forever.

bread's done
Back