LEGO Deals 3

I'm not sure what your history is, but I'm terribly sorry.

I hope things drastically improve for you, and soon.
Far longer than it should have, I'm pretty sure almost as long as he's been on CAG. If his name was Steve Jobs he would have had one like 10 years ago. =/

4 years waiting so far. 4 years watching everything get worse. Starting to have to sell off my collection of things. Getting rid of almost all of my statues that I spent my life collecting. It's hitting a really rough patch right now. That, and my moms car died yesterday at an appointment :/

Got home from the grocery store. Ashley is moving out. I probably won't be in this topic much anymore since LEGO was her thing. My financial belt just got to cutting-off-circulation tight.

Got home from the grocery store. Ashley is moving out. I probably won't be in this topic much anymore since LEGO was her thing. My financial belt just got to cutting-off-circulation tight.
Really sorry to hear that, Geo. I hope things really improve for you soon, man. <3

Found the Birthday cake guy, Dragon and the policeman today to complete my series 18 set!  So happy and surprised that I actually found them all. 

Geo I hope you feel better and things work out for you.

Bugatti Chiron is out today. Looks a lot better than the 911.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/NEW-Exclusive-LEGO-Technic-Bugatti-Chiron?icmp=SHM_NA_Bugatti

If nothing else, the marketing shots are amazing

lego-technic-bugatti-chiron-01.jpg

lego-technic-bugatti-chiron-02.jpg

lego-technic-bugatti-chiron-03.jpg

lego-technic-bugatti-chiron-04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Georox - When I win the lottery I'll buy you a liver and a hot 'nurse'.

LEGO now charges $7 for a fucking Star Wars Landspeeder keychain.

LEGO S@H is also down.

So.. I haven't had internet for a week... we just got a line installed again... no cable either until now. Anyways, some long, shitty as fuck updates.

I spent Monday-Friday last week in ICU. Woke up on Monday, threw up, passed out. I woke up Wednesday at some point, in an ICU room at U of M Hospital in Ann Arbor, MI. The fluid that was retaining in my stomach was infected. I almost died. They kept me medically sedated for over 2 days to keep me alive, and started trying to wake me up on Wednesday. I was discharged on Friday after arguing they were harming my mental health (Which is true) and the fact I was being held there just for antibiotics they could give me pills for...

So, that's the 5th or 6th time I should have died. I'm Jack Harkness!

[attachment=30322:20180606_122732_HDR.jpg]

I'm in Skiizim's Lego store...not buying anything!

Did watch several people get rejected for trying to buy multiple Chirons! That was fun.

Glad they are enforcing limits on new sets, they didn’t use to before. How long are you in town for? Let me know if I can do anything for you before you guys head off back home.

Til Saturday. Niece is graduating from Upland High tonight. Busy with family since we don't come out but every other year or so. Didn't know they closed Gameworks though

I bought and built the big coaster, using up all the VIP points I had saved the past 2 or 3 years to get a good chunk off the price.  Man that thing is beautiful.  I'd say adding the power functions is a must and it looks awesome running with both sets of cars going at the same time.  I miss baseplates existing in sets.  This would have been the perfect set to use them.  The thing is HUGE and very open in the middle. It is a bit more than 2.5 baseplates wide and 1.5 deep.  One mis-step while carrying it and it could crumble in your hands.  

Now if I could just get the cats to stop messing with it and knocking bits off I could avoid having to hide it in the basement where they can't get to it.

I bought and built the big coaster, using up all the VIP points I had saved the past 2 or 3 years to get a good chunk off the price. Man that thing is beautiful. I'd say adding the power functions is a must and it looks awesome running with both sets of cars going at the same time. I miss baseplates existing in sets. This would have been the perfect set to use them. The thing is HUGE and very open in the middle. It is a bit more than 2.5 baseplates wide and 1.5 deep. One mis-step while carrying it and it could crumble in your hands.

Now if I could just get the cats to stop messing with it and knocking bits off I could avoid having to hide it in the basement where they can't get to it.
Points expire after 2 years last I knew.

Also isn't the thing built so you can break it into two pieces if you need to?

So.. I haven't had internet for a week... we just got a line installed again... no cable either until now. Anyways, some long, shitty as fuck updates.

I spent Monday-Friday last week in ICU. Woke up on Monday, threw up, passed out. I woke up Wednesday at some point, in an ICU room at U of M Hospital in Ann Arbor, MI. The fluid that was retaining in my stomach was infected. I almost died. They kept me medically sedated for over 2 days to keep me alive, and started trying to wake me up on Wednesday. I was discharged on Friday after arguing they were harming my mental health (Which is true) and the fact I was being held there just for antibiotics they could give me pills for...

So, that's the 5th or 6th time I should have died. I'm Jack Harkness!
So who found you? Your roommates? Maybe the liquid on your liver is just how you become a big giant head in 4-5 billion years.

Points expire after 2 years last I knew.

Also isn't the thing built so you can break it into two pieces if you need to?

I did not know about the points thing. Looking at my order history I last used points Feb 1 2016 and have 2 orders between then and when I bought this thing that would have been lost. Only $150 in purchases, and no idea if they were double points times. Annoying but not huge orders at least.

I'd see breaking it in half as pretty dangerous too. It is built in 2 pieces but once it is together I don't see an easy way to disconnect without causing issues. Even if I did I'd have 2 U shaped bases which are still pretty fragile. But YMMV. I have giant monster hands so trying to do fine work in a cramped area on this thing is not easy for me. I had to move the power box from the suggested location so I could more easily reach it without knocking things apart.

Keep finding random minifigs and stuff everywhere... oh, and uh... some polybags. I'll be posting the polybags up for sale here in a few days when I have time. Nothing like playing redo an entire house after getting out of ICU... *sigh*

Tired as hell. Antibiotics keep giving me raging headaches. Main round of them is almost over at least... then I cut back to half dose

What do y'all do with instruction books after you're done building the set?

I've been keeping them in plastic storage tubs, but not only do they take a lot of space but they're heavy.

The hoarder/collector in me says keep them, but I would be better off with less stuff. 

I know some people sell individual instruction books, but that's too much bother.

What do y'all do with instruction books after you're done building the set?

I've been keeping them in plastic storage tubs, but not only do they take a lot of space but they're heavy.

The hoarder/collector in me says keep them, but I would be better off with less stuff.

I know some people sell individual instruction books, but that's too much bother.
I probably have one of the smaller collections out of anyone here, but I have been putting them into vacuum seal storage bags and sealing them so they stay crisp and flat. I plan on keeping them forever, but that's mostly because if I don't I'll probably never remember what sets I have. The only instructions I've ever gotten rid of were for one of the smaller SW sets and I accidentally rebought it six months later because I threw away the instructions.

I have all my instructions in 3-4 big plastic tubs at my moms. They are too heavy for her to throw them all out. I'm thinking about selling some of them (The smaller sets) because LEGO just makes the instructions too big these days.

I keep all of my instructions in plastic storage tubs.  The kind you'd find at Lowes or Home Depot.  I throw a little cardboard on the bottom for the ridges they tend to have and just stack the instructions inside.

I hit up 2 TRUs in NJ yesterday just to see if anything was left.  There was not.  The one in Toms River, NJ had a few easter sets at 40% off and a few scattered Brickheads.  Hazlet TRU was wiped except for 2 Justice League Atlantis sets and a Ninjago Shark mech that was completely torn open.  One of them had piles and piles of the Lego compatible tape rolls though.  I think it was the Toms River one.

Both had insane amount of Nerf ammo if that is your thing though.

So who found you? Your roommates? Maybe the liquid on your liver is just how you become a big giant head in 4-5 billion years.
Once she moved out, my mom moved in. I've needed 24/7 monitoring for a few months now... it sucks. Stuff like this just happens. It was her and my mom taking turns on it before, now it's just my mom... kind of sucks being this reliant on parents at my age... but I can't really change my health on my own right now.

Anyone buy the LEGO incredibles video game from GameStop? Just trying to figure out if the Edna minifigure is a hand out or packed in with the game like Giant Man was

Anyone buy the LEGO incredibles video game from GameStop? Just trying to figure out if the Edna minifigure is a hand out or packed in with the game like Giant Man was
I haven't, but it looks like she is available as a preorder bonus here so she should be separate like the previous bonuses, whereas the UK release of the game got her as an SE pack in item like Giant Man.

Polybags I have to get rid of. Prefer to get rid of them as a lot, I'll take offers, send me a message. Not breaking stuff up into tiny lots, if it's under $25, it's not worth my time to find a ride to cross town to the post office ._. Just too much energy exertion. Again, I'd prefer to get rid of them all at once. Odds are a lot of Ninjago Movie minifigs are going up next.

https://i.imgur.com/uHTfdrX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kLnl5pk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yiKMwcc.jpg

(Last 2 pics are just more close-up)

EDIT - I have a LOT of Ninjago movie series Mini-Figures, anyone interested in a huge lot with some doubles/triples? It's 18 of the 20 from the set I think, then a bunch of extras.

$80 shipped takes the lot of Ninjago minifigures.. I think I counted 37 there.

EO1v85H.jpg

Just wanted to confirm that she is a hand out like past Lego items. Got to go pick one up from a GS today.

[attachment=30408:1529366033620246079430.jpg]

Ten 66 quart (about 350 pounds total) tubs of complete Lego sets in Ziploc bags to organize...gonna be a long night.

Edit: Just Star Wars sets

[attachment=30409:1529370616214973718656.jpg]

Yeah, about 95% of the bags are labeled with the set number and name, but they were randomly put in the tubs as we took them apart.  So, we are seperating themes and then labeling the tubs to make it easier to find sets.  This started with my son wanting a particular piece for a MOC and us going through every tub until we eventually found it at the bottom of the last one we checked.  I wasn't too thrilled.  Then he showed me the piece and I pointed out that it was also in the Black Panther set sitting on his shelf the whole time. :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:

I bought the clear tubs because I thought it would be easier to see the sets, but when you shove as many as we do in each tub, it doesn't work that well.  And ours stay in a window-less closet so no sun to worry about!

Just asked

Edit - went to a different GameStop at lunch at got another. Had been shot down a couple times over the weekend but depends on who you ask

bread's done
Back