LEGO Deals 3

It sure worked on UCS MF when I checked it out, just didn't have the skrilla to drop $400 on a new set. I've got too much in my builder's backlog right now.

In retrospect, I probably should have grabbed that Solo MF, though.

Last night I built the Darth Vader Brickheadz and I loved it except for the smallest detail. I really hate that they took out the printed plate with the series number on it. That was a piece I actually really liked to have on the base of each of them. The fact that it's been removed really bugs me.

Then again, maybe it's more tied to the fact that they've churned out 55 of these fuckers in the last year and a half.

Lego 007 Aston Martin DB5. Looks amazing. $150. 1,290 pcs. August 1. (available now for VIPs)

https://io9.gizmodo.com/lego-recreated-james-bonds-aston-martin-db5-complete-wi-1827664653

m0hcim27cuczqbnog9cf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone use that Target deal last night to score lego? You could have used it to get the UCS MF for about half off after tax.
I didn't know what to order because I assumed orders would be cancelled. I figured what the hell and bought the Saturn V (been on my list awhile) & the 2018 Pickup & Camper for $51.-- shipped. Should be here Friday & I'm excited to build the Saturn V. The camper set if for a friend who just bought an RV & liked my set.

Tempted to get the Voltron set, but I want to wait for at least a double vip or other goodies closer to the holidays.  I just hope it stays in stock for a while.

I am tempted by Voltron, but I'll probably wait on it for a little while. I am excited for that Knightmare Batman set that was announced the other day, though. That's my favorite scene in BvS and the costume being so close to the design for Red Son Batman really hypes me up for owning that minifig. 

The James Bond set is ridiculously overpriced and LEGO fans are still trying to gaslight others into thinking that it's a normal price for scale, which it isn't by a mile. However the ejector seat is amazingly done.

I'm not at all a Voltron person but LEGO did a great job with it.

I bought a NinjaGo Movie Fire mech for $32, it's awesome besides not having knees which it probably couldn't because it's so huge. However the build was really boring because of the mirrored joints.

I've been tempted to buy a Voltron set at Comic Con every year for 5-6 years, and never did. So I bought the Lego Voltron set to scratch that itch.

Saw the designer demo-ing the set at Comic Con as well (I was asking about how it connects, etc). So he was transforming them to lions for me and another guy til they had to film. A lot of it is very ingenious, and I'm very impressed overall.

Most important pic of the new Hogwarts castle imo:

71043_back_011.jpg

400 bucks and 6000 pieces. I appreciate the effort but it's looks kinda like they over extended in what they were trying to accomplish. May change my tune after a detailed review but as a Disney Castle owner I only have room for so many castles.

Ordered the Voltron set, using some VIP points.  This is probably my last big Lego purchase for awhile.  Just not feelin' it anymore, along with too many sets and not enough space.  I can't pass up the awesomeness that is Voltron, though.

The HP castle, being $400, micro scale, and one giant facade, is an easy pass.  The microfigures look awful, scale makes most things look pretty bad, and stickers (and lame ones at that) everywhere.  The low quality nanofigures and the terrible sticker artwork give it a 70s vibe to me that just doesn't work.

My wife is all about that Hogwarts set so I’m sure we’ll get it at some point.

Picked up a Battle of Atlantis set for $7 at Walmart. Kind of a bland set but $7 for 4 minifigures, 200 pcs is a deal I couldn’t pass up

Wish I was a Voltron fan! That set is amazing but I just don’t have the childhood memories associated with it to drop that kind of money.

I vaguely recall someone mentioning the possibility of a more expensive Jurassic Park set being released (like $200+). Did that rumor turn out to be untrue or are there any rumblings about that?

My son built a couple of Lions when by happenstance we visited our Lego store and they building it in public. We didn't get to see it finished and assembled as Voltron but the Lions were cool if not fragile. The reviews confirmed my suspicion in that it looks like a solid display in Lion or Voltron form but will have very limited play-ability.

My son built a couple of Lions when by happenstance we visited our Lego store and they building it in public. We didn't get to see it finished and assembled as Voltron but the Lions were cool if not fragile. The reviews confirmed my suspicion in that it looks like a solid display in Lion or Voltron form but will have very limited play-ability.
That's ok because my kid's won't be playing with this one :)

Wish I was a Voltron fan! That set is amazing but I just don’t have the childhood memories associated with it to drop that kind of money.

I vaguely recall someone mentioning the possibility of a more expensive Jurassic Park set being released (like $200+). Did that rumor turn out to be untrue or are there any rumblings about that?
I think it's true and my guess is it will come out between August 15 to October 15. There was talk of a James Bond set, then leaks it were a Creator set and boom it's released without a heads up. There were talks of a huge Harry Potter castle, then a lot of talk about price, then it were microscale and now we have pictures.

What I haven't heard any talk of is the Winter Village set.

Some useful new arc pieces.
https://imgur.com/a/XuSxIWX#arszoZj

Ordered the Voltron set, using some VIP points. This is probably my last big Lego purchase for awhile. Just not feelin' it anymore, along with too many sets and not enough space. I can't pass up the awesomeness that is Voltron, though.
I couldn't pass up Voltron either. I stupidly got rid of my die cast version when I went to high school and thought I was too old for toys.

I think this may be my last Lego purchase for a while since I have a backlog of SW Lego sets to build. I haven't even finished my UCS MF yet and have to make a table for it.

I hear everyone with the LEGO is getting too tiring. I still haven't put last year's Christmas sets together and I'm already making a list for this year, which is much smaller as I think I'll move into bigger sets.

However LEGO sent an email saying there will be Christmas in July. You get the Nutcracker set that was given out last Christmas when you spend $99. So if you haven't gotten the Voltron set yet wait and you can get a free Nutcracker set.

Anyone interested in Harry Potter CMF? I bought a sealed case and am keeping a full set for myself and a friend is getting the remaining full set minus the Percival Graves fig which is 1 per case. That leaves a partial set of 17 out of the 22 since Percival Graves is 1 per case and 4 others are 2 per case. Selling for cost plus shipping which comes out to roughly $78 or so. Let me know

I think the DPCI for minifigures shows stock for all the minifigures series that store has...at least in the past I seem to remember that being the case.

I hear everyone with the LEGO is getting too tiring. I still haven't put last year's Christmas sets together and I'm already making a list for this year, which is much smaller as I think I'll move into bigger sets.

However LEGO sent an email saying there will be Christmas in July. You get the Nutcracker set that was given out last Christmas when you spend $99. So if you haven't gotten the Voltron set yet wait and you can get a free Nutcracker set.
Today's the last day of July so when does that start?

I got a couple of $7 Atlantis sets and a $21 Egghead Mech set at one store (CONDIMENT KING!) and a $54 (I think?) Bat-Space Shuttle at another.

Trying to snag that Harley Quinn cannon truck with Gentleman Ghost for a decent price at Target, too.

Is that Friends fro-yo shop good? A few of those around at $20 -- half price.

Walmart just started some Lego clearance also. Just about all the Lego Batman sets, Justice League, and some SW like Star Destroyer and Kylo's fighter. Various sets from all the other lines too.

I picked up the JL Aquaman set for $7 and the JL Knightcrawler for $30.

Build two of the Voltron lions last night, Green and Yellow.

There were lots of impressive ideas in the design, but as many "why did you bother using this fancy piece for no benefit?"

Also, a single 1x1 clip keeps the leg in lion form, with no spares in the bag. That shit is going to break so fast.

2555.png

Thanks for the link. Does that use the same track as LEGO City Cargo Train (60052) ?
Yeah.

Just found the Unikitty minifigs at Target and Walmart...204-00-2265 for you Target shoppers.

That's two series in a row I can skip!

Most Lego clearance at Target dropped to 50% off. Picked up Lego Batman set with Bane and the Thor set with Hela, but passed on Batwing for $45.

My Target also increased the Lego section size to include another half aisle. Now they have room for sets like Boost and the new City passenger train. Looks like they have switched over to Bluetooth train controllers from the old IR stuff. Gotta go look at Lego.com to see if they've added receivers and such.

Yep, all Tracks since like 1991 work together, obviously 9V won't work with plastic current ones, but the current trains will work on 9V.

I went to a Target Tuesday, I have never seen it such a mess, even at Christmas. Clearance was everywhere and nothing was more than 15% off, besides Bricked at 15%-30%.

The receiver is now built into the battery so you save a little space. Some reviews that explain them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kTVHBHaBw8

Thanks. Santa already picked up trains for Christmas for the kids. Now I've picked up the station to have something to give them.

Half the Walmarts around me had some significant clearance drops.  Found the SW Star Destroyer for $79 and the Justice League Flying Fox for $64.

A Walmart around me had a Star Destroyer for $63 but OOS. I forgot to go pick up the $7 Aquaman sand green set but depending on when I work (I got a second part time job) I have to go see if another store near me really has 27 of them.

Almost done with the HP/FB minifigures, if anyone is looking to trade

HAVE
Jacob Kowalski
Ron Weasley
Queenie Goldstein

NEED
Cho Chang
Credence Barebone
Tina Goldstein
Neville Longbottom

Picked up the Lego Retail Store set (40305) while I was in Chicago this weekend. Didn't even know it existed. Apparently it's exclusive to flagship stores.

40305_alt1.jpg

bread's done
Back