LEGO Deals 3

I did the same thing on a recent visit. It was news to me, too. A nice TREAT YOSELF for me on my first visit to Chicago!

Picked up the Lego Retail Store set (40305) while I was in Chicago this weekend. Didn't even know it existed. Apparently it's exclusive to flagship stores.

40305_alt1.jpg

Damn it, haven't been able to find the Thor Ragnarok/Hulk Gladiator set (76088) at any Target despite multiple stores showing stock around me.  Did anyone happen to score a spare as part of the store-wide clearance of it at Walmarts and Targets?

I have an extra Hulk vs. Red Hulk set (76078) sealed mint if anyone is interested in a 1:1 trade for a minty sealed 76088 or on the off chance someone has a 76038 or 6868 they would be interested in parting with. 

I saw one of those a few months back in a walmart nearby, never picked it up though. It was kind of hiding on the very top since it didn't have a spot.

grabbed most of the DC Justice League Brickheadz at various Target clearance prices.  Put them all together.  I kinda like 'em.  Paid full price for the Superman/Batman set on Amazon though.  Liked 'em enough so I grabbed the BTTF Marty & Doc set too.

For such small sets, it's kinda weird having LEGO dump bin (pink & teal) pieces in the center.  They're common pieces so it'd probably be easy to swap them out if one were inclined.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, so I always wondered how people get to that place where you have a ton of Lego just waiting to be built, but I'm finally kind of getting there. I currently have 11 Dimensions sets, 2 Brickheads (Sensei Wu and Darth Vader), and Kylo Ren's Tie to build and I don't even know how I got here. I guess work has just got the better of me.

I still need to go to Target to try to feel up a Colin Farrell. 

Man, so I always wondered how people get to that place where you have a ton of Lego just waiting to be built, but I'm finally kind of getting there. I currently have 11 Dimensions sets, 2 Brickheads (Sensei Wu and Darth Vader), and Kylo Ren's Tie to build and I don't even know how I got here. I guess work has just got the better of me.
That's me right now. I'm on bag 15/17 for the UCS Millennium Falcon. I was waiting to finish my coffee table first. Then I have my Kylo Tie to finish and Voltron just came last week.

Man, so I always wondered how people get to that place where you have a ton of Lego just waiting to be built
I have Pet Shop, the Cinema, giant NinjaGo Movie Boat, Air-Ninja Temple and no less than 50 $20-$50 sets I have all over my mothers house and some under my bed.

I still have the Sea Cow, Saturn V, Ship in a Bottle, and a dozen SW Constraction sets waiting to be built.  I have nowhere to put them once they're built though until I finish my basement.

I have Pet Shop, the Cinema, giant NinjaGo Movie Boat, Air-Ninja Temple and no less than 50 $20-$50 sets I have all over my mothers house and some under my bed.
That is a LOT. How many sets you think you have altogether? I think I have almost 100 now. Wish I actually kept track when I started collecting a couple of years back.

Got LEGO 76021 Milano for $45 at a collector show today!
DAMN that is a good deal!

That is a LOT. How many sets you think you have altogether? I think I have almost 100 now. Wish I actually kept track when I started collecting a couple of years back.

DAMN that is a good deal!
Well that's hard to say because I have parts of sets from the early 90s when I was super young but they aren't complete. I have 1000+ sets from super small to big from the last 20-25 years. I just bought the AquaZone Base and the Paradisa greenhouse hotel thing. But I have too much.

Well that's hard to say because I have parts of sets from the early 90s when I was super young but they aren't complete. I have 1000+ sets from super small to big from the last 20-25 years. I just bought the AquaZone Base and the Paradisa greenhouse hotel thing. But I have too much.
That is unreal to me. Do you have a display room? That's what I'm looking for in my next house. Something large enough that I can at least display my SW ships.

Checked a couple of BBuys in hopes of finding a Sonic Dimensions kit on the cheap, but they're mostly cleaned out. I did pick up a Tina pack for $3 at one.

I missed the one Harley/Gentleman Ghost kit I was tracking at a local Target at $25, dangit.

I really don't have time to molest some CMF bags at Target for Harry Potter but complete sets on ebay right now are pretty ridiculous. There's no chance they will be hard to find are there? I'd like to wait and pay around 3 - 3.50 per fig at most if possible. Any word on rarity?

I really don't have time to molest some CMF bags at Target for Harry Potter but complete sets on ebay right now are pretty ridiculous. There's no chance they will be hard to find are there? I'd like to wait and pay around 3 - 3.50 per fig at most if possible. Any word on rarity?
Everyone I've asked basically said they disappear immediately. All HP stuff is flying off the shelves right now, from what I have seen.

Given the case breakdown, it will be a bitch if you want a complete set. I haven't even seen them in the wild yet.

From https://brickshow.com/2018/07/lego-harry-potter-collectible-minifigures-71022-box-distribution/

Harry Potter:

• 3 – Harry Potter (Hogwarts Uniform)
  • 3 – Hermione Granger
  • 3 – Ron Weasley
  • 3 – Draco Malfoy
  • 3 – Neville Longbottom
  • 3 – Cho Chang
  • 3 – Dean Thomas
  • 3 – Lord Voldemort
  • 3 – Dobby
  • 3 – Cedric Diggory
  • 3 – Filius Flitwick
  • 3 – Mad-Eye Moody
  • 3 – Albus Dumbledore
  • 2 – Luna Lovegood
  • 2 – Sybil Trelawney
  • 2 – Harry Potter (Invisibility Cloak)

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them:

• 3 – Newt Scamander
  • 3 – Porpentina Goldstein
  • 3 – Jacob Kowalski
  • 3 – Queenie Goldstein
  • 2 – Credence Barebone
  • 1 – Percival Graves

I found a sealed box of them (sealed in the shipping carton) today at a ghetto Target, waiting to be opened by the front checkout. I had them open the shipping carton and took it to checkout.

I figure though it will be easier to feel up the packets in the comfort of my own home at my own leisure, pick out the complete set along with all of the shortpacked ones, and return the extras.

That is unreal to me. Do you have a display room? That's what I'm looking for in my next house. Something large enough that I can at least display my SW ships.
A display room. :lol:

I work on a farm barely making MA minimum wage and don't even get time and a half on Sundays. I barely have a room which is why so much of it is at my mom's. When I lived in NY state I had plenty of space but didn't have any of my LEGOs with me.

I'll try to take pictures but I'm riding and standing for 9-10 hours straight and have been super tired. I have on display a Quinjet, Benney's Spaceship, the NinjaGo movie walker, Scooby Doo sets, Beatles, the last GotG movie ship that was blue, both Ghostbusters cars, all my Mighty Micros, The awesome huge diving boat from City 2015, NinjaGo Movie Temple, and NinjaGo Lighthouse. Plus the Aquazone base 6195, and the Paradisa set.

That Aquazone set was a fun build because the directions were so old fashion, I loved it. Much more difficult than today even though the build was incredibly simple and hugely juniorized.

Went to target yesterday and got a U-wing on clearnace for $32. Went to downtown Disney after and got the LEGO store set.
Saw the Hogwarts castle on display and I don’t even know where I’ll put it once I get it

So I've spent most of this year doing a LEGO tear down of my kids' sets and piecing them together for 100% completion and boxing them back up (for their future children?)   This has been a slow and monotonous process.   Finding every little Friend's bow or butterfly has been interesting. My girls have collected a ridiculous amount of sets in the last 8-10 years and I've never broken down any until this year.  We even moved a few years ago and just put all the assembled sets in tubs(worked okay).     I've done a ton of the Friends sets, some city sets and miscellaneous stuff  so far.

This week I tackled all their Jurassic World sets.  They had the whole collection (big sets, polybags, TRU exclusive builds, etc).  So all that being said, out of these dozen or so sets I was only missing 5 pieces.  I was pretty excited about that. Bricklink to the rescue! 

zombieland-enjoy-the-little-things-movie-poster-caps-banner-2009.png

Now it's on to the Friends Amusement park collection (which they had most, if not all of).  

As for builds I went all in and the League has been United:
gLsjM6X.jpg

Batman and Superman didn't come with a printed plate for the base.  Kinda dumb. I probably just need to remove them off the other four.

Been MIA...

Got a liver transplant finally, last month! 25 days in ICU... got out on Tuesday this week. No energy still, no muscle thanks to 25 days of ICU. Hard to walk.

wife and kids got me the heavy assault walker and passenger train for my birthday
Happy B-day!!!

I got the Fisherman's Wharf & Bugatti, mine was on the 7th. I kind of forgot about it, got overshadowed by my sons surgery the day before.

Went to target yesterday and got a U-wing on clearnace for $32. Went to downtown Disney after and got the LEGO store set.
Saw the Hogwarts castle on display and I don’t even know where I’ll put it once I get it
The U-Wing is an incredible set. I did beat your price since I got it for $20 at Walmart! :shock:

My kids just finished the Ninjago City that I bought for them for Christmas. What an incredible set with some really great building techniques. My daughters loved the build and I was amazed at all the things they packed in. My only gripe is that the comic book store door doesn't seem to open. I double checked the instructions and it doesn't seem to be built incorrectly.

As a bonus, they seem to have extras of the microfigures. One of each color seems like it would be a great scale for Voltron...

Lego sent me an email saying they'd like see me back?  Back from what, I don't know.  There is a code in the email for a free VIP set with $30 purchase.  Adding the code doesn't add anything to the cart and then it charges me shipping after telling me my $160 purchase gets free shipping.  This is how they want my business back?  

Betrayal at Cloud City...that's a betrayal alright.  $350 and all I want is the mid-scale Cloud Car.

Don't forget a mid-scale slave 1, I knew they were going to mess this set up. I bet a lot of fans are disappointed, especially by the price.

Anyone have any experience with the BuWizz bluetooth brick?  I've seen them being used in some youtube videos and I'm thinking about picking one up to play around with.  

I just want that itty bitty Slave 1. It's just too cute. Price is unjustifiable for me, though.
I agree. The price, even for Star Wars, is very high. I find the set odd, it's a weird, un-Lego like design. I just want a $130 set like the one we got 15-20 years ago but not as bad.

The two Powderpuff Girl sets have been released.

I'm debating what's worse, the sets or the revival series from a few years back.

bread's done
Back