LEGO Deals 3

Yea, this is like the one case where it's not actually a scam.

Actually, I had an instance where the app said the clearanced price, the scanners said the clearanced price, online says clearanced price (but not available for shipping), but the register scanned at a higher price, and had to fight to get it adjusted.

(The Flybrix set, for anyone wondering.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I had an instance where the app said the clearanced price, the scanners said the clearanced price, online says clearanced price (but not available for shipping), but the register scanned at a higher price, and had to fight to get it adjusted.

(The Flybrix set, for anyone wondering.)
The only time I've seen something similar was with the Lego nano Millennium Falcon. For some reason, I found it on the shelf a few months ago and it's been off the shelf for over a year. Scanner showed it as $1.99. Brought it to the register and it wouldn't scan. Cashier uses a hand scanner and it comes up as $1.99. So they manually fixed it.

It's a scam because different locations clearance at a different pace depending on how much they have left and maybe a budget. Clearance is to liquidate on hand inventory, not to provide you the ability to order online items at a location that is currently out of stock of an item they were trying to get rid of. This is why most stores so not match clearance process and you can't get price adjustment on clearance markdowns. It's common sense.
How is it a scam? If that item is at Target on clearance at that particular store, why the hell should their in-store pickup price be different?
Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I think they were ordering an item that a store had in stock that was on clearance instore but not website. I think that if the store has actual stock the lowest price should apply since website price doesn't always match instore clearance pricing. I bought an open box microwave from Best Buy once and when I went to pick it up they had left the price tag on it that shown it had been marked down further than what I paid (they gave me the lower price). Also ordered an Echo from Target online that shown the instore price was on clearence (with stock). When I picked it up I asked if they could scan it (said a friend bought one instore that was lower) and it came up lower than the online price. They rerang it up at the lower price.

It does get a little more complicated if you order an item that a store does not have in stock but you can have shipped to store for pickup (knowing that stores clearance price). Then it gets into the 'scam area' of buying an item at one location and returning/rebuying at a clearance location.

It's a scam because different locations clearance at a different pace depending on how much they have left and maybe a budget. Clearance is to liquidate on hand inventory, not to provide you the ability to order online items at a location that is currently out of stock of an item they were trying to get rid of. This is why most stores so not match clearance process and you can't get price adjustment on clearance markdowns. It's common sense.

Again, I'm not talking about having a Target price match another Target's clearance price. I'm referring to using the in-store pickup option to pick up an item that is on clearance at THAT particular store. Walmart will do it and BestBuy is actually set up in a way that their online price will actually reflect the price at each particular store.

So for some reason I'm addicted to the Unikity Series. Instead of buying a complete set for $35 I've bought 29-30 of them for $60 and still need 5 and 8. :lol: So if anyone has those two, send me a message, I'll buy / trade for them. I'll also sell them for cost, so $2 plus $2.70ish for shipping if anyone needs any. I have a ton of 3,6,9,12.

My farm job goes until Thanksgiving, aka three weeks. So I might open an eBay store to get rid of some sets as I have too many and too little room when I have more time.

The Detective Office and Ferris Wheel will be retiring soon. I'd love them both but that's more than I make in a week.

The Ideas Pop-up Book was released today.

Happy November (My least favorite month.) :)

The Detective Office is one of the better modulars.  I'd say pick it up if anyone was on the fence for that one.  

The Ferris Wheel is also pretty awesome, but has a much larger footprint if you are starved for space.  

The Detective Office is one of the better modulars. I'd say pick it up if anyone was on the fence for that one.

The Ferris Wheel is also pretty awesome, but has a much larger footprint if you are starved for space.
I'm hoping the DO will be 20% off like the last two retiring modulars have been with the free Christmas gift set.

Walmart / Amazon have a bunch of sets for 30%+ off, yay for year end sales. Brickset has a list...

https://brickset.com/buy/country-us/vendor-amazon/order-percentdiscount

Double post time!

That list I posted yesterday has a few more sets. Nothing special but the PotC Silent Mary is 25% off at $150.

Do you all think I'd still get the Diagon Alley if I preorder a bunch of Overwatch sets? Would they ship the Diagon if the Overwatch aren't coming until January?

I have exciting LEGO news.
The biggest LEGO news EVAR!!!!!!

It seems that the orange brick separator will be retired and the new color for 2019 is.... TEAL!!!!!!

:shock:

I have exciting LEGO news.
The biggest LEGO news EVAR!!!!!!

It seems that the orange brick separator will be retired and the new color for 2019 is.... TEAL!!!!!!

:shock:
giphy.gif

So in a fuck YOU letter to fans LEGO is releasing an awesome line of Chinese cultural sets with amazing minifigures.... but only in China. I hope Lepin rejects the Chinese court ruling and still fucks over LEGO because it seems LEGO doesn't know what the fuck it's doing except when it's screwing over fans, they do that well.

If you want Chinese cultural sets, just order from Xingbao.  They have a number of modular-size buildings, everything from a tea house to a theater.  Xingbao is Lepin, trying to be legit.  Mostly, anyway.

Today is Singles Day in China and there are a lot of sales.  Prices are even better this year than last year.

I got the dojo last year, as well as the Lepin Wine Bar and Toy Shop (two separate sets, not a combined wine bar and toy shop).   All were great and worth it, and I would love to order all the Xingbao sets.

This year, I think I'm going for the Maritime Museum, Urban Village, and Laputa sets.

Detective's office, Old Fishing Store, Ferris Wheel, Heartlake Hospital and a number of other sets will receive a 30% discount for BF. These sets will more than likely not be available much longer after the sale. Also, LEGO stores will have a surprise GWP (possibly those bricktober minifigure packs that were once exclusive to TRU).

Hope this helps!

Detective's office, Old Fishing Store, Ferris Wheel, Heartlake Hospital and a number of other sets will receive a 30% discount for BF. These sets will more than likely not be available much longer after the sale. Also, LEGO stores will have a surprise GWP (possibly those bricktober minifigure packs that were once exclusive to TRU).

Hope this helps!
30% off you say? It's normally 20%, so this makes me happy. I need the DO and want the Fishing Shop. I have no idea whatGWP is but they will have one of the Bricktober sets.

I just had a new cute friend over for dinner and afterwards we started building their first LEGO set ever! (and they are 27!!!) The big Creator camper 31052. We didn't get too far in the 2-3 hours of building, but they had a blast. Talking about buying their first set (probably the smaller $35 VW Camper).

The NinjaGo Bricktober thing is free when you spend $50 at LEGO Stores IN STORE ONLY on Black Friday.
BN will have the Harry Potter Bricktober THIS SATURDAY with $75 (maybe $50, but I think $75). 
Target.com has a bunch of sets 30-40% off and through Wednesday has a $10 gift card when you spend $50, that's a good deal.

I have to work tomorrow and then LEGO 'date'. :)

The NinjaGo Bricktober thing is free when you spend $50 at LEGO Stores IN STORE ONLY on Black Friday.
BN will have the Harry Potter Bricktober THIS SATURDAY with $75 (maybe $50, but I think $75).
Target.com has a bunch of sets 30-40% off and through Wednesday has a $10 gift card when you spend $50, that's a good deal.

I have to work tomorrow and then LEGO 'date'. :)
I was able to stop in Barnes and Noble and get the Harry Potter Bricktober set. Of course the staff were clueless but there were printouts about the promo in the toy section. The Minifigures were in a small case behind the counter so I’d go sooner rather than later if you want to try to get them in store.

amazon currently has 10693 classic creative supplement on sale for $10.88 — 46% off

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Classic-Creative-Supplement-10693/dp/B00NHQFA68/

lots of good lego on sale at target WITH the additional $10 gift card for spending $50 — e.g. city police bulldozer break-in is orig. $69.99, on sale at $38.99, and if you buy a couple sets and go over $50, you get the $10 gift card. they also have the harry potter and unikitty collectible minifigures  ($3.99) as well as the baby jurassic polybag ($3.99) for filler.

https://www.target.com/p/lego-174-city-police-bulldozer-break-in-60140/-/A-51243788

lots of sale lego available, just giving this one link for an example. unfortunately target doesn't really highlight the sale prices/discounts from sugg. retail price, so you have to do your own due diligence there.

all their holiday shipping is free this year (and 2-day shipping to boot) so even if you just need one $3.99 polybag, they'll ship it for free.

Interesting. I saw an ad that said it was in store today only. So it probably will sell out quick, but that's good.
I can’t make it until later, we’re celebrating my sons bday. I’m just glad I could try and order online vs being driven to eBay.

Just got done watching Fantastic Beast, surprisingly very good. It carries a much different pace than the first, I think it draws you in much more.

Did shop.lego run out of the gift set? I'm only getting diagon alley when I add the fire station to my bag.

Oh you have to go to checkout.

Lego stores have the Lego Store poly as a free gift too. Got all three gifts with a $99.99 purchase. Identical order as one I ordered online, so I'll have to return that at some point.

Yeah, I'm going to have to go back too to return the Voltron with HP gift I got at the beginning of the month.  Didn't think the HP gift set would last this long.

bread's done
Back