LEGO Deals 3

It only sold out because it looks like it went up early on Target’s site and jackass resellers who got it at a convention are selling it for 3x the price online. Might be hard to find initially but only because of the speculative bubble that formed by launching it early at a convention and the manufactured scarcity of only selling through Target.
The Brick Fan said it was supposed to go up yesterday, then delayed until Monday. So really it had no real release date so it wasn't released early or late.

But reselling it is the only reason I wanted it. It's a shity set with common pieces, but $60 profit would be great for me right now. Plus, unlike LEGO, there is a limit of 1.

Target has their buy $50 of Lego, get a $10 gift card deal again. In store and online. Most of the new Avengers sets are still 20% off so this is probably the best deal on those for the time being. The Ideas Pop-Up Book is also 20% off at $56 so that is a good deal as well. I may get a second one of those.

Looks like the BrickLink AFOL Designer crowdfunding campaign "ends" today although I didn't look at the fine print to see exactly what that means. It seems like maybe today is the last day to pre-order and get free shipping, but that you'll still be able to order the sets that hit their funding goals after today? I'm not sure. In any case, I pre-ordered a bunch of the sets so I will post pictures whenever they eventually arrive. Did anyone else here pre-order these? 

Target has their buy $50 of Lego, get a $10 gift card deal again. In store and online. Most of the new Avengers sets are still 20% off so this is probably the best deal on those for the time being. The Ideas Pop-Up Book is also 20% off at $56 so that is a good deal as well. I may get a second one of those.

Looks like the BrickLink AFOL Designer crowdfunding campaign "ends" today although I didn't look at the fine print to see exactly what that means. It seems like maybe today is the last day to pre-order and get free shipping, but that you'll still be able to order the sets that hit their funding goals after today? I'm not sure. In any case, I pre-ordered a bunch of the sets so I will post pictures whenever they eventually arrive. Did anyone else here pre-order these?
Thanks for the heads up. That Pop-Up book was a good call. I'm expecting mine tomorrow.

In other news, Lego is offering a free Avengers Tower (40334) starting this Friday to May 2nd on all orders over $75. Lego Marvel sets only. The two bigger Endgame sets are double points and hopefully they release the new Spider-Man sets as well.

I'd love the building for $50 but all the stores near me are sold out. I drank too much on Easter and some bitch with 37 seconds left outbid me for my grinning flying money (and 14 other figures) for $26 as I fell asleep. I want that darn monkey to finish the collection. 

However I should be saving money as a doctor told me I should flee the country and live in Germany with my family until I find a hot husband to marry. :lol:

Always knew that you’re a German sausage kind of guy, say hello to Strauss for me.
I'm more a buns guy, and not German buns as I've only dated two white people in the last 15 years and one didn... never mind. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Spiderman, TS4 and LM2 sets are out.

HP sets are supposed to come out in June. The purple bus, a neat forest one with a trans blue Elk / reindeer, one is supposed to be a tent, and what's his name's hut with a new pumpkin piece is the rumor.

Big Jurassic Park set that will be interesting because we have three minifigures leaked and none of them are in the same part of the movie. SO it probably won't be just a visitor's center, but several of the movie scenes in one.

The big Disney set for the year is supposedly a $320 Disney Train.

I know this thread is more for deals but I thought I would share my thrift store find today... kinda cringed at the price but got 2 56qt totes full of older lego for $100.. the top tote has tons and tons of minifigs and most of the pieces are dated 2001[attachment=32129:20190422_182537.jpg]

I legit barely scratched the top of the first bin and have already found 60+ minifigs.. here are some of the ones so far.. also found a Harry Potter that goes with the others but his hair is missing right now [attachment=32131:20190422_193137.jpg]

The elephant alone is $25+. Even a knockoff is $13-$20. Space Port and Aqua Sharks are always a lot of fun.
There is a ton of the space ones and Harry Potter.. almost completely built Knight Bus and in 2nd tote almost completely built Hogwarts Express.. 20+ HP minifigs so far, just found a Star Wars minifig vein, pulled out 2 R2D2 2 Qui Gon Jinn, Greedo, I found the body for the Darth Maul head I saw earlier..
I'm legit jealous of the kid that had this before.. its gonna take me a while to sort it all but am currently at 126 minifigs also I found a dinosaur similar to the elephant but both still need completed

Lego May the Fourth Be With You set is a mini Hoth battle with a $75+ Star Wars purchase. It's a neat set. Would bet it'll be worth $75 by itself in a couple of months.

I have a rare free weekend afternoon by myself in the suburbs so I have been driving around various Walmarts and Targets looking for Lego clearance. So far haven't found a lot of exciting stuff but I did find a couple of Walmarts that time seems to have forgotten. One of them had the Big Bang Theory set, which I bought since it's been on my want list. Another one had the Scuttler, which I already have 2 of but couldn't pass up at $17. Not much else so far. Got a Grievous speeder for $13 and passed on a lot of heavily discounted Friends sets.

I legit barely scratched the top of the first bin and have already found 60+ minifigs.. here are some of the ones so far.. also found a Harry Potter that goes with the others but his hair is missing right now
9beibl.jpg

I like Gymnastic Vampire Hunter Mr. T there.

tumblr_pafl6kbbM11vtnv5po1_500.gif

Who's the other? Tech gal of some kind with a mic? Pretty neat looking fig.

9beibl.jpg

I like Gymnastic Vampire Hunter Mr. T there.

Who's the other? Tech gal of some kind with a mic? Pretty neat looking fig.
What are you talking about? I see Maul in a pirate torso with a sword and a shield and a Rock Raider GUY who I don't think has a mic. :lol:

Lego May the Fourth Be With You set is a mini Hoth battle with a $75+ Star Wars purchase. It's a neat set. Would bet it'll be worth $75 by itself in a couple of months.
That's a real tempting free set. But if there isn't at least a discount on other Star Wars sets for the promotion... boo-urns.

There will be discounts on select sets plus double VIP points for all Star Wars sets. Not saying there will be any good prices but its something.

Brickset is having a contest for May the Fourth. You have to answer three seemingly easy questions, and don't need to be a member of the site.

However the second question is how many characters are on the 20th Anniversary logo? 3. 5. 7. Maybe I need new glasses but I count 6. :lol:

https://brickset.com/article/43484/win-a-tantive-iv?fbclid=IwAR3Hro5VC9KQRlCh3ogBwslArZBIjOVmy4u_pcQQrtpPups4pAniOtoTkkw
Technically there are 5 because a Stormtrooper isn’t a “character”. But in reality 7 is the correct answer as the logo itself is shaped like C3P0.

Not sure I'd qualify the contour of the logo as Threepio's head(and Stormtroopers are characters, especially Finn), but here's a high res version of the logo to give you the answer.

LEGO_SW_20_YEARS_METAL_LOGO.png

204 00 0612 is the DCPI for Target's Lego 30571 Pelican easter set...I found one for 90% off at $.39.

Nice gator!  I love seeing finds like these.  It's been a while since I've bought a lot like that, but I always had fun going through and putting the sets together.

Nice gator! I love seeing finds like these. It's been a while since I've bought a lot like that, but I always had fun going through and putting the sets together.
fun to do but my back is killing me lol I ended up getting 2 smaller totes from the same person's donation a couple days later (nothing huge just slightly larger than those shoebox totes) and it has some of the stuff for completion of some of these sets but on the other hand now I know there were more totes I probably wont finish some of the sets I found mostly complete

I think I am gonna go hunting again today during my grubhub shift lol

May the 4th sale at Lego.com is active.  They dropped most of the newer SW sets by 20%.  Yeah, I know these are the same prices as Walmart, but if you need the freebies then its better than MSRP.  I like the two new Tie Fighters, but still not sold on those prices.

bread's done
Back