LEGO Deals 3

The Stranger Things house comes out in two weeks. LEGO is sending threatening emails to their stores telling them if the set leaks then LEGO will just no longer send the sets out early so the employees can have a model on display for launch. Crazy LEGO Cult members online are defending LEGO going 'What's the point of leaking it?' What's the point of just not announcing it a week before it's released instead of the same damn day?

LEGO should just no longer release new sets because there is a risk of the set being leaked! :roll:

Saw the Disney minifigures at GameStop and box lunch (or hot topic, can’t remember) today. One of them was charging $4.95 per figure, again can’t remember :p

So I was trying to make a purchase on the lego store website and apparently when I was in Disney the cashier at the lego store there messed something up with my VIP account and I couldn't redeem my rewards online anymore.. contacted support and they made me make a new account but they added my points and gave me 300 extra for the hassle

I just got most of my Marvel order from Lego... the Captain Marvel print is super nice and I can't wait to put together Avengers Tower
Any chance of seeing what the Captain Marvel print looks like? I got a nice one from the Disney Store when I ordered the CM studio hat, which I get a lot of compliments for.

Any chance of seeing what the Captain Marvel print looks like? I got a nice one from the Disney Store when I ordered the CM studio hat, which I get a lot of compliments for.
59553851_742223276251162_2351516421583798272_n.jpg

The Stranger Things house comes out in two weeks. LEGO is sending threatening emails to their stores telling them if the set leaks then LEGO will just no longer send the sets out early so the employees can have a model on display for launch. Crazy LEGO Cult members online are defending LEGO going 'What's the point of leaking it?' What's the point of just not announcing it a week before it's released instead of the same damn day?

LEGO should just no longer release new sets because there is a risk of the set being leaked! :roll:
the primary issue with leaks is that, when you advertise a specific date that a set is released, you have people expecting to go in and buy it on that day. If a Lego store breaks this and releases early, then there is a real possibility it will sell out. which will of course upset the people who followed the rules to come in on release day to buy it. As a company, this is very damaging to the brand.

the primary issue with leaks is that, when you advertise a specific date that a set is released, you have people expecting to go in and buy it on that day. If a Lego store breaks this and releases early, then there is a real possibility it will sell out. which will of course upset the people who followed the rules to come in on release day to buy it. As a company, this is very damaging to the brand.
Release the set May 14th. If Lego doesn't like leaks then don't send the set to stores two weeks early. If LEGO fans don't like leaks then they shouldn't be looking for them. It's not like they are easy to find or that it will decrease sales.

Release the set May 14th. If Lego doesn't like leaks then don't send the set to stores two weeks early. If LEGO fans don't like leaks then they shouldn't be looking for them. It's not like they are easy to find or that it will decrease sales.
Come on. You can’t be that dense about why companies send products early to stores. Uniformity of release. they don’t exactly have their own direct means of shipping their products to stores. They use 3rd party shippers to handle this. If they didn’t ship the items to the stores until a couple days before release, they run the risk of any number of things going wrong which would prevent a store from getting them in time for the release date. And I’m not sure what you mean by “they shouldn’t be looking for them”. You’re speaking as if all Lego fans have the same mindset. The ones who are upset are upset for the exact reasons I listed above. If you’re hearing about a leak, more likely than not it’s because stores have chosen to sell to people before the release date. And I’ve already explained why that’s a bad thing.

Come on. You can’t be that dense about why companies send products early to stores. Uniformity of release. they don’t exactly have their own direct means of shipping their products to stores. They use 3rd party shippers to handle this. If they didn’t ship the items to the stores until a couple days before release, they run the risk of any number of things going wrong which would prevent a store from getting them in time for the release date. And I’m not sure what you mean by “they shouldn’t be looking for them”. You’re speaking as if all Lego fans have the same mindset. The ones who are upset are upset for the exact reasons I listed above. If you’re hearing about a leak, more likely than not it’s because stores have chosen to sell to people before the release date. And I’ve already explained why that’s a bad thing.
To say nothing that if say in a larger city fans get wind of the early release at one store, bum rush the store, find none are left, get mad at said store, then call OTHER sister stores demanding product that they're adhering to street date over, and causing uneasiness between said stores for breaking/keeping to the date. As Zguy said, it hurts the brand on every level.

Those are some of the stupidest comments I have ever read, but I'm the dense one. 

People aren't going on Instagram and looking for leaked pictures. The leak happened because each store was sent an early copy to build. No one was selling the set early. Leaks happen, it was a shitty picture. No one will run down to the LEGO Store expecting it and LEGO isn't going to sell the set early if they do. 

How do I know that? Because the leak happened two weeks ago and look no one is on eBay selling sets that were released early! Wow!

And there were leaked pictures of many of the summer sets from many different online stores from all across the globe. Better not do that because then LEGO will NEED to sell those sets months early to please LEGO fans.

I mean honestly... hurts the LEGO brand. Jesus Christ you people are out of touch with reality.

Shut up BigDaddy, your going to scare away the fresh fish, we need new recruits!

Anyone know where I can get a box of the new Disney Figs?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve seen them everywhere lately - Walmart, Target, GameStop, Barnes and Noble and box lunch
Check Walmart inventory on brickseek and that’s your best bet because I think target keeps the same dpci for each minifigure wave

Same! Haven't seen them anywhere yet.
Only place I've seen them is at Think Geek so far (retail mall location).

I'm waiting to see them at Barnes and Noble, so I can use my 10% off membership, or Target, if I'm desperate enough, for Red Card use.

I managed to get the four DuckTales minifigs at our new LEGO store.  I was there last Friday and there was one guy feeling up bags for a whole set, so I decided to give it a shot.  I'm terrible at it.  My wife made out a couple(Scrooge's top hat is pretty easy to figure out but the nephews are all very similar), and another lady came to get in on the fun who said she was amazing at feeling up the bags... and indeed she was.  Only took her a few seconds on each bag and she helped us finish out the four we were looking for.  She just helped us for fun as she had already bought a full set a few days prior.

I managed to get the four DuckTales minifigs at our new LEGO store. I was there last Friday and there was one guy feeling up bags for a whole set, so I decided to give it a shot. I'm terrible at it. My wife made out a couple(Scrooge's top hat is pretty easy to figure out but the nephews are all very similar), and another lady came to get in on the fun who said she was amazing at feeling up the bags... and indeed she was. Only took her a few seconds on each bag and she helped us finish out the four we were looking for. She just helped us for fun as she had already bought a full set a few days prior.
Use this:

lego-disney-series-2-minifigures-feel-guide.jpg

I don't really understand why Amazon is selling the Technic Porsche GT3 for $380 when the MSRP is $300. I get that MSRP is just a suggestion and retailers can charge whatever they want, but I don't think I've seen Amazon do that before.

Wasn't it going OOP? Sometimes there algorithms are all jacked up, I really don't know why but I'm glad I didn't pay that much for it.

Picked up the Adventure Time set at Kohl's for $15...and I don't really know why.
I did that for $15 for the Thor Forge set too at Target--I think I mostly just wanted a teen Groot and Lightning Thor with Stormbringer. Not sure if I'll build the set or use them for something else.

Finally found Disney series 2 at my Target. After 2 weeks of looking, I found them with the trading cards behind another box.  First time at this store they put them there.  For me these seemed easier to feel this time, I found a set in about 20 minutes.

Yea, everything has clear unique pieces this time.

Also, you can easily feel the inner bag with figures that have capes in this set. Oddly enough, they bagged the Lego pieces in them instead of the capes. Anna's cape also feels velvety and not as cheap as older capes. The new skirts are also nice in that they stay on, but they are really hard to get off.

Oh, and Jack has 4 of those 1x1 flat rounds for whatever reason. You'll feel those.

Frozone comes with both the normal rectangle base and a round base, which was confusing from the graphic I linked.

I'm impressed with people who are able to feel differences between these parts through a bag. I guess it's a skill I just don't have. As an experiment, I just bought 4 blind bags and then tried to guess which figures they were. Even with the chart above and the benefit of unlimited time at home, I only guessed 2 out of 4 correctly. Just hilariously bad.

I've had a lot of practice. Working at TRU helped with that.

Today is the first time I've had all my figures in one spot.  Having them in the large mini figure cases makes it hard to keep them all in one place.

[attachment=32219:20190516_111519.jpg]

[attachment=32220:20190516_112725.jpg]

Picked up a few Disney series 2 minifigs at Barnes and Noble. Not sure if they’re hard to find at all, but it was my first time finding a box outside of a trip to the LEGO store.

I’m terrible at the whole blind package feeling thing, but amazingly managed to get all the figures I wanted, namely the Nightmare Before Xmas and Steamboat stuff.

Someone must be scalping my local Target. Endcap was wiped out save for maybe 4-5 packages after maybe a week's arrival.  That said, able to locate Edna and Huey. Now I just need his brothers and "Unca" Scrooge.

I’ve been having terrible luck with Walmart and their app and Brickseek. Too many phantom “4 in stock” items to keep chasing broken dreams

I went to Target yesterday and they had the Disney figs by the register.  I've been trying to stay away from buying more Lego though.  I haven't bought a new set in a while.

I’m down to just needing Louie and Dale

Edit - just found them at lunch, writhin minutes, all done!

It's a shame that these failed sets are now pitted against each other (I think they're all fantastic), but what worries me is Stitch will win and they'll modify it worse than this perfect version. They did that with the DeLorean too.

Although people sign away their legal rights when they submit these, I wonder if copyright law comes into play with the submissions from U.S. creators, that Lego tries to make enough changes to be considered not an infringement. Then again, the creators ARE using copyrighted characters and icons to begin with so.... :???: (there's no actual percentage of changes required, it's decided on a case-by-case basis, like the Shepard Fairey "Hope" poster he cribbed from an AP photo of Barack, ended up paying a cool $1 mil to them). 

It's a shame that these failed sets are now pitted against each other (I think they're all fantastic), but what worries me is Stitch will win and they'll modify it worse than this perfect version. They did that with the DeLorean too.

Although people sign away their legal rights when they submit these, I wonder if copyright law comes into play with the submissions from U.S. creators, that Lego tries to make enough changes to be considered not an infringement. Then again, the creators ARE using copyrighted characters and icons to begin with so.... :???: (there's no actual percentage of changes required, it's decided on a case-by-case basis, like the Shepard Fairey "Hope" poster he cribbed from an AP photo of Barack, ended up paying a cool $1 mil to them).
I'm assuming you know the story with what happened to the Ghostbusters HQ Ideas designer? LEGO treated him like shit and stole his design. Then there is also the Flinstones designer who was interviewed and was trying to find nice ways of 'LEGO fucked up my design'.

I find this 'contest' to be weird. Just make the sets or don't. There is a new Eagle lander for the 50th anniversary of the Moon landing. Pictures were leaked early (Oh no, it will destroy sales!!!). Just make an ISS, space stuff clearly sells. The Mars Rover sold out in 2 hours. There is a deal with Disney, just make Stitch. It's really weird.

LEGO announced the next Idea set is another desk filler, a set of dinosaur skeletons. The working piano is still being looked into. But the food stands were rejected. How much does someone want to bet that there will be a Creator or City set within a year that will include several food stands? It's what LEGO does.

You answered your own question there :) All submissions to the Ideas program become the intellectual property of LEGO whether they are selected or not. If not selected, the IP rights revert back to the original creator after 3 years. It's all spelled out in the Ideas terms of service. So LEGO has no obligation to make any changes to the original designs as they own those designs upon submission.

As a side note, I know Shepard Fairey and was tangentially involved in that case. He would have won and scored an important fair use victory that would have created good precedent for artists and online creators, but he went and screwed it all up by lying to the court and destroying evidence. Total dick move, I'm still pissed at him as are a lot of other people.

You answered your own question there :) All submissions to the Ideas program become the intellectual property of LEGO whether they are selected or not. If not selected, the IP rights revert back to the original creator after 3 years. It's all spelled out in the Ideas terms of service. So LEGO has no obligation to make any changes to the original designs as they own those designs upon submission.

As a side note, I know Shepard Fairey and was tangentially involved in that case. He would have won and scored an important fair use victory that would have created good precedent for artists and online creators, but he went and screwed it all up by lying to the court and destroying evidence. Total dick move, I'm still pissed at him as are a lot of other people.
To be fair, even I felt that his use of the image wasn't really "fair use"--had it been used for a non-profit purpose, then yes, he would have had a solid case. But he sold them straight out of the gate from an image he didn't have permission to use. Just because you slap a few gradients and turn up the contrast on a news organization's picture doesn't make it okay. I say this as an artist myself. If he had worked a deal out with AP, then he wouldn't have had a problem in the first place.

My Target has some pretty new sets on clearance. I got the Spider-Man Hydro-Man set for 50% off and the Spider-Man Iron Man jet set for 30% off. Also got the Star Wars Endor battle action set for 70% off. These battle action sets seem targeted to little kids but for $9 this seems like a good set of parts.

My Target has some pretty new sets on clearance. I got the Spider-Man Hydro-Man set for 50% off and the Spider-Man Iron Man jet set for 30% off. Also got the Star Wars Endor battle action set for 70% off. These battle action sets seem targeted to little kids but for $9 this seems like a good set of parts.
Dude, no Targets in my whole state have those prices. Jesus must love you.

Dude, no Targets in my whole state have those prices. Jesus must love you.
I live in NYC and we have the mini-Targets here. Most of them just opened within the last couple of years, too. My theory is that because the stores are so small (with about 8 feet of LEGO shelf space), shelf space is at a massive premium so they are on a different clearance cycle. I have no idea, it's just a hunch. But these are also the stores that clearanced out the LEGO Movie 2 sets months ago.

If you use zip code 10009 on Brickseek you'll see that the Manhattan stores have all of these random clearances that even the outer-borough Targets don't.

Edit: Looks like I missed out by not checking Target in the last couple of weeks -- they had the mid-priced Avengers sets at 70%. One store in the area still has the Hall of Armor for $18, but I don't have time to go.

bread's done
Back