LEGO Deals 3

It may have been a series of underperforming Lego movies that did them in with #2 being the final nail in the coffin. I liked Lego Batman and tlm2. I had no interest in Ninjago and so did most of the movie going public apparently.
Yeah I'm sure it was lower and lower returns and TLM2 just bombing made WB not want to renew whatever contract they had.

TLM2 is free through HBO until May 15th on whatever device, not just Amazon.

I liked the first one and Batman. NinjaGo was stupid for not having it in the TV show universe. I'm watching the second one, but none of the ads made the movie look good, the sets are really weak which doesn't help either. But when Justice League leaves in the beginning of the movie, I rather have watched the Duplo war and Justice League adventure.

Having finished the movie, did LEGO try not to make the cool things from the movie into sets? Near the end there is a great dark blue and lime fighter, a neat small Pirate space ship. The beginning had some cool end of the world vehicles. Also not making a Batman wedding cake (even if just the top) was a very bad move.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, some of those Lego Ninjago sets were great!  I think I liked the Batman ones the best, however....but maybe just because I love Batman, haha.

Yeah, that shark mech disappeared out of no where. I got it from a third party seller on Amazon for $80.

Those monkey king sets look kind of cool.

Yeah, that shark mech disappeared out of no where. I got it from a third party seller on Amazon for $80.

Those monkey king sets look kind of cool.
Yeah I was trying to save money and never bought it for $54. But then I buy junkier sets that I don't want as much anyways. TRU went under and it went OOS. I think it was TRU / Amazon exclusive. Same with the Kingdoms set with the Kingdoms windmill set. Didn't buy it for $49 to save money, then disappeared and 15 years later one damn sheep goes for $49.

I'm loving the Monkie Kid boat base. Much better than the mobile Batman base that is also coming out. But those Monkie Kid sets will cost big bucks. Probably won't come out for awhile, they are to be China exclusives at first.

And LEGO said they won't do regional exclusives anymore. Yet in May LEGO will be releasing the LEGO House set and two other LEGO House exclusive sets, but only in the UK, Denmark and one other country. They can't even keep track of their own rules.

I wonder why they're already releasing another Ninjago Destiny's Bounty? It doesn't look as nice as the last one.
The last one was very expensive and from the movie. This one is from NinjaGo Legacy, for current fans of the show who weren't born yet when the TV show started.

70618, the movie one, is one of my favorite sets, if not my favorite. It's a masterpiece.

The last one was very expensive and from the movie. This one is from NinjaGo Legacy, for current fans of the show who weren't born yet when the TV show started.

70618, the movie one, is one of my favorite sets, if not my favorite. It's a masterpiece.
Lol. The "old" one came out like 3 years ago. The new one is still 1,600 pcs, so it won't be cheap. Maybe $100-120?

Lol. The "old" one came out like 3 years ago. The new one is still 1,600 pcs, so it won't be cheap. Maybe $100-120?
That has 1600 piece?!?! No way. I was thinking like 700-800 and $80. But still children might want the one from the show they are watchng and not the movie no one has scene. :)

And yes, three years in LEGO's world is a lifetime, literally. It's why we get a new police station every other year. Every 4 years on the button we get redoes of City Explorers, Arctic, Space Port, and this summer Divers.

May the Fourth sale at Lego.com...but nothing is on sale!  Except for some keychains and watches which were on sale before today.  Hell, the sets I got last year 20% off are full price this year. :dunce:

May the Fourth sale at Lego.com...but nothing is on sale! Except for some keychains and watches which were on sale before today. Hell, the sets I got last year 20% off are full price this year. :dunce:
I saw that last night and thought I was just sleepy. I'd like to think it's because of the pandemic and they don't want to have a sale because the warehouse staff can't handle that.

But it's LEGO and 2020, they are just cheap fuckers.

I wonder if the quarantine has helped them financially. Local big box stores are sold out of a lot Lego sets, but I don't know if that's because they're getting less shipments or if it's because people stockpiled sets to build right now.

I wonder if the quarantine has helped them financially. Local big box stores are sold out of a lot Lego sets, but I don't know if that's because they're getting less shipments or if it's because people stockpiled sets to build right now.
People are buying more LEGO. The Space Port sets were 45-50% and 30-35% off are now like 20% off on eBay. It's really insane that people are spending money on LEGO. I just assume it's the people who get paid the best who don't do 'essential work'. I'm currently getting paid 70% more money not working than I would working. The whole thing is insane.

Yeah I’ve noticed empty LEGO shelves at targets the past couple times I’ve went, for some reason Walmart’s seem to have more stock, older stuff but better stocked shelves nonetheless

I preordered the razorcrest on shop at home this morning just for the double points and DSII gwp

I don't think so. They don't hold the bonuses, so you'll only get it if they still have stock.

But if you add something cheap that's in stock, they'll send you the bonus and in-stock item now.

You guys had me worried so I called to check, they will hold and send the GWP purchase when the Razorcrest ships. The guy I spoke with said if I wanted it shipped now to place another order for something in stock but I decided to wait. If for some reason it falls through no biggie. The DSII set isn't a must have for me, I planned on getting the Razorcrest at some point but figured 2x points and GWP was the best deal. If I decided I didn't like the DSII I would probably sell it off to offset some of the cost of the Razorcrest.

I still have the Escape the Space Slug set from years back that I never opened, it a cute little set but may part with that.

lego-hidden-side-70437-0003.jpg

Yep, only $100 (or 100 Euro). LEGO ditched the ghosts which I find interesting. Also LEGO should only make stickers clear. Thought people here might like it.

Not sure if this is news but put in a PO for Razor's Crest and not only did it add the DSII but also that Trolls set and Mother's Day card kit this morning.  The latter wasn't there over the weekend plus its odd it added the Trolls kit because the promo indicate it was free with some Trolls purchase.  Can't find the promo on site anymore.

So I went through storage and organized and cataloged about 75 unopened sets I plan on selling. Friends, Disney Princess, Star Wars, marvel, dc, city, creator, etc.
If anyone would like to see a spreadsheet shoot me a pm and I’ll email it

Not sure if this is news but put in a PO for Razor's Crest and not only did it add the DSII but also that Trolls set and Mother's Day card kit this morning. The latter wasn't there over the weekend plus its odd it added the Trolls kit because the promo indicate it was free with some Trolls purchase. Can't find the promo on site anymore.
I ordered a JW set last night and they added both bonuses too

I had $100 in VIP bucks I've been sitting on debating what to buy for months.  Decided to use finally use it on the A-Wing.  

My son got the UCS Falcon for Xmas, and then the UCS Y-Wing for his B-day.  He wanted to buy the A-wing this weekend with his own money.  I may have created a UCS monster.

I'm making him wait on the A-wing.  I have a good feeling we'll be able to find this at a discount sometime in the future.

Anybody score a $25 Yoda at Walmart?   Went to two stores that Brickseek said had inventory but struck out.

Some states locked down big box stores to only selling "essential" items.  People milling about and browsing for toys and electronics is not essential.

Say what!?!
Massachusetts is a hot spot. Super Walmarts are only allowed like 200 people in the building at once. The only thing they can sell is pretty much food. No toys for sale. Maybe for curbside pickup. But there have been 4-5 Walmart employee deaths and stores have had to close for 'deep cleaning'.

Yet Lowes are open and don't seem to have changed a damn thing. Liquor stores are fine, but golf course and pot shops are closed. The governor is a dumbfuck.

Liquor stores are essential because the hospitals would get completely overwhelmed from people going through alcohol withdrawals.  Can be very serious and even deadly for "functioning" alcoholics to just stop cold turkey.  And hospitals don't need any more emergencies.

Liquor stores are essential because the hospitals would get completely overwhelmed from people going through alcohol withdrawals. Can be very serious and even deadly for "functioning" alcoholics to just stop cold turkey. And hospitals don't need any more emergencies.
I think I rolled my eyes so much at that now they are stuck.

But biggdaddy is a Lego addict. How can you expect them to quit cold turkey?
I like any good addict have a stockpile of LEGO.

Plus it's spring, I'm buying plants now. Hopefully they don't die in the snow on Saturday.

I'm also a sex addict, which is dangerous. Guess I better break lockdown and go get some. I had a guy I haven't heard from in about a year ask if I wanted to have sex in his car. The sex on my bed was 'ehhh' enough I don't think I'll risk a stroke or heart attack for bad sex.

Remember, life is too short for bad sex or cheap booze.

He’s not wrong though, have heard/read this from several sources since this started.

Back on topic - striking while demand is hot, my LEGO sale Is going way better than expected, folks need stuff to do apparently. All money is going towards bills though, but that feels good

I'm not saying they are wrong, I'm just saying it's stupid they can stay open when golf courses aren't.

I'm glad to hear about your LEGO sale, you selling on ebay or just here? I noticed how much prices for LEGO went up just since March 1st.

I try to avoid eBay because shipping LEGO is a hassle. So far it’s been a little through boards and a lot through Facebook which is surprising because I never have luck, always have flakey people and low ballers

I keep going back and forth on ordering that Lego Technic Bugatti. I hope Lego shows off the Lamborghini soon so I can decide which one I want (or if I should budget for both).

bread's done
Back