LEGO Deals 3

I don't like Technic and don't think I could bring myself to spend $350 on LEGO but the azure and dark blue make the set look awesome.

And an interesting thing has been posted for sale on CA LEGO Land, some store exclusive minifigures. Chocolate bunny, butterfly boy, pin elephant and such, 6 for $20. I always thought that was the normal price anyways. $5 a figure is a fucking insult.

https://shop-california.legoland.com/collections/ultimate-legoland-bundles/products/lego%C2%AE-build-a-minifigure-bundle-two-collections-and-save-9-98?_ga=2.248125703.1817742541.1588903938-1460230200.1588903938

Damn, LEGO is beginning to rival Amazon Prime.   Even with the pandemic going on they still managed to deliver my A-wing in 3 days.   The Death Star mini-build looks cool.   Tossed the Trolls poly in a tub of shit that will never get opened.  lol

Also my daughter and I dug out and put together the Steamboat Willie set this week.  Cute set.  I found the Bag #1 part of the build pretty funny.  It just looked like a random set of LEGO colors.  Like someone dumped every color in a bin and pulled them out for this set.  I told my daughter that if I walked by and saw her building it I would have assumed it was an MOC with all the cobbled together pieces.   I know LEGO tosses in random color pieces in parts of builds you won't see but it was still funny to see in a monochrome set. It was just a chaotic looking mess.

We are getting another haunted house, this time it's a ride. 3000+ pieces $250.

LEGO-Fairground-Collection-Haunted-House-10273-scaled.jpg

That's a pricey ride. Looks pretty cool though. I will probably still stick with my Scooby Mansion for a Halloween decoration though
All the rides really pricey. 600-800 more pieces than the carousel or ferris wheel and only $50. If you can sneak into Canada it's only $213.

I do the same with the Scooby castle, also added the Harry Potter and Hidden Side cemetery sets.

Plus the new Hidden Side castle looks awesome from the front. (The back is really bad). and will hopefully be $60 by Christmas. However in 2020 maybe we should have Christmas in July, we will not make it to December.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, the new Haunted House is sort of cool ... but the older Monster Fighter’s Haunted House seems like a better build from a cohesive design standpoint ... and I believe it was cheaper.

My biggest issue with Hidden Side is that the ghost/ possessed people minifigs have been a bit mundane. Would be cool to see them go all out with some really crazy ghost designs. Also hoping Ghostbusters gets some new LEGO love with the movie coming out later this year.

@biggdaddy, how did you post that picture? Every site I try gives me an error so I had to resort to just posting the link.
I used to never be able to post pictures here. So I'm not sure why it's working now.

Hmm, the new Haunted House is sort of cool ... but the older Monster Fighter’s Haunted House seems like a better build from a cohesive design standpoint ... and I believe it was cheaper.

My biggest issue with Hidden Side is that the ghost/ possessed people minifigs have been a bit mundane. Would be cool to see them go all out with some really crazy ghost designs. Also hoping Ghostbusters gets some new LEGO love with the movie coming out later this year.
The last Haunted House came out 8 years ago, so it's hard to compare. I do like sand green more thought.

Hidden Side is done with the ghost things and will be moving on to those zombie (?) or demon like things seen in the upcoming castle set.

And we are/were supposed to get Ghostbusters sets but shit (covid) happens so who knows now. For some stupid ass reason LEGO released the $20 and the $50 Minions sets and will be holding the other 3 for release with the movie. Makes no sense to me at all.

I have all the fairground sets except the roller coaster and this is my favorite. Only unfortunate thing is it doesn't have some of the theme park signage that help it blend with all the primary colors in all the other sets.

Also not sure if anyone does this but I bought the Liebherr R 9800 for $378 shipped from Zavvi. Zavvi has had a few decent Technic deals, many posted to SD. Amazingly, it was overnight shipping from England and came in fantastic shape, only being shipped in the generic Lego shipping box. Just figured I share the positive experience.

The overall look and feel of the Haunted House makes me think more Disney World Haunted Mansion than amusement park. If it didn't say Fairground Collection on the box, I would have never associated it with the other sets.

The overall look and feel of the Haunted House makes me think more Disney World Haunted Mansion than amusement park. If it didn't say Fairground Collection on the box, I would have never associated it with the other sets.
Yea, same. It doesn't look portable, like a lot of the other fairgrounds pieces.

Maybe if they had designed it to look more like these:

maxresdefault.jpg

Regardless, I hope they thematically head more in the ages 18+ direction with the fairground set designs.

I really like the look of the food truck, Demon Bull King, and the secret HQ. Those prices though . . .

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

These just look like Ninjago sets. Kind of a letdown.
Yeah. I figured that's exactly what LEGO would do, so I'm not let down really. Nexo Knights and Chima at least had their own feel to it, but LEGO wants a megahit like NinjaGo so they figured if they just make similar sets and charge 75% more it be a hit. They will sell out because we live in a world were 5% of people can (and will) buy overpriced plastic when 95% of people are worrying about where to get food and not freezing to death next winter, or simply not dying.

Yeah. I figured that's exactly what LEGO would do, so I'm not let down really. Nexo Knights and Chima at least had their own feel to it, but LEGO wants a megahit like NinjaGo so they figured if they just make similar sets and charge 75% more it be a hit. They will sell out because we live in a world were 5% of people can (and will) buy overpriced plastic when 95% of people are worrying about where to get food and not freezing to death next winter, or simply not dying.
Just in time for another stimulus check. I saw a ton of empty tv boxes at the curb after the last checks went out. Maybe Legos will be what everyone ends up buying this time.

Just in time for another stimulus check. I saw a ton of empty tv boxes at the curb after the last checks went out. Maybe Legos will be what everyone ends up buying this time.
You think that will happen?! :rofl:

That will never pass, and if it does it won't go to about 50 million Americans because Nancy the fucker doesn't want people on unemployment getting a stimulus because that's 'double dipping'. She's fine with several trillion dollars going to huge corporations but heaven forbid people get $1,200 every few months.

My unemployment is capped at $10,000ish. So yeah I'm double dipping by getting another $1,200. I could retire! :wall:

And did you read the lamest 'press release' LEGO said about why their website is sold out of everything?

"During the past few months we have seen a strong demand for our products as families and hobbyists turn to building to help them get through this difficult period. As a result, we have been working incredibly hard to make sure that our products are available online, in our stores, and our retail partners’ e-commerce sites.

"We have been fortunate that our factories in Europe and Asia continue to operate. Our factory in Mexico has been closed for the past few weeks after the Mexican government ordered all non-essential manufacturing sites to close while the country focussed on preventing the spread of the virus. We have been using our full global supply chain to ship products to all markets and fulfil orders as much as possible.

"While COVID-19 has created a very dynamic and uncertain environment, at this stage it hasn’t impacted decisions about when to retire products."
That doesn't actually explain why they have so much product OOS. But it means that some sets that were to be retired probably already are.

Slightly off topic. Where's a good place to sell partial sets? eBay is going to be my last resort since I don't have the boxes or instructions any longer. Not too worried about the best price since I didn't pay full price for the sets. Trying to consolidate my display since I just have too much other stuff I collect and I'm in the middle of a house remodel.

Just two examples. I have the Dragon's Forge (70627). I just want to keep the dragon. Don't care about the rest of the set. Same situation with the Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty (70738). I only care about that dragon and maybe a minifigure or two.

Slightly off topic. Where's a good place to sell partial sets?
Because we are known to always stay on topic around here.

You can sell partial sets on Bricklink, just price it cheaper and go 'Does NOT contain dragon.'

And the Monkey Boy sets are S@H exclusives which is why LEGO priced them higher than normal.

Yeah. Even 20% off wouldn't be enough. I'd just Brick and Pieces the things you want. They have the minifigures including the pig head currently (1.61$ though).

And interestingly I have been banned from Slick Deals without any warning at all. :lol: I haven't even commented on anything in weeks and their reason is as silly as the LEGO press release not explaining why everything is OOS.

You have been banned for the following reason:
User received a Permanent Ban Warning and was permanently banned.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

I have been having enormous success selling sets on Facebook marketplace, Lego is hot right now with people needing stuff to do at home. If its a partial set you just have to advertise it at such

I am betting Monkie Kid is timed exclusive or if its not and sales lag, they'll eventually be released everywhere

I like the big $170 boat, even 50% off is $85 which is still too much. Maybe $75. I'm just going to buy some figures. The NinjaGo boat had 500+ more pieces and I think was cheaper. 

And I need to sell some LEGO. El Rey, do you just meet the peeps at the grocery store or something? I live in a crazy town and don't want people knowing where I live. 

I have met a few folks at target or a gas station but some folks have stopped by my house. I am leery about that too but I check out their profiles before I decide. So far everyone has been a soccer mom or big dork like me.

lol those are some lame sets.

Out of the 4 Hulkbusters, this one looks the worst. The head reminds me more of Juggernaut. The bust is ok, but not my thing. And the tower looks like the exact same thing from a couple years ago, with different minifigs.

I bought the last (?) Hulkbuster at Christmas just because it was $12 on Amazon. Never built it.

I was hopeful with the Avengers' Tower would be decent. The last one was fine and just needed to be taller. That's a mess of a set. Did LEGO fire all the designers to save money?

bread's done
Back