LEGO Deals 3

The power functions train motor is retiring along with all it's components, not a fan of the powered-up stuff but what do I know.

The power functions train motor is retiring along with all it's components, not a fan of the powered-up stuff but what do I know.
Don't worry, in 2-3 years LEGO will make another new thing. I like the new system as it doesn't need the separate receiver so it gives more space.

The 10th year of NinjaGo sets have been revealed. Interesting there are only 4 sets for the new season.

LEGO-Jan-May-Catalog-9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ninjago sets always look cool, especially some of the more recent seasons ... but outside of really small, low cost sets, I can never justify picking them up. I have no idea if they hold their value over time ... but they're always super tempting. Might break and eventually grab a few of this past year's sets if they go on deep sale next year.

I have no idea if they hold their value over time ...
Oh yeah! They do. It's why LEGO is doing the LEGENDS redoes because there is so much money there. I have two of some giant white helicopter, price on box was $27 (probably a $60 set) and it's worth a lot. It's insane. We are also supposed to get NinjaGo City Gardens, 5,000+pieces for $300. I doubt that but still upset that this year I have a shit ton of money and last year I was broke and missed out on the City and Docks.

I came across these two 2021 sets and thought they were interesting and not in the catalogs (I didn't notice them.)

21170-1.jpg

Parks I'm always a fan on, but there is the new quarter round window pieces in the gazebo and a magical kite.
41447-1.jpg

Love the dragons! The Avatar video game one is great even without the stickers and the two from 2021 look amazing. The teal and gold look great together.
Do you have a link for those? I'm getting hits for James Cameron's Avatar and the Last Airbender. Not sure which one is real.

Do you have a link for those? I'm getting hits for James Cameron's Avatar and the Last Airbender. Not sure which one is real.
Scroll up like 6 posts. :p

$30
71742-1.jpg

$40 (The tail is a teal Exoforce piece! An Exo-Force designer picked purple over teal and LEGO retired teal for 10 years.)
71746-1.jpg

There are all these articles online trying to decode what sets are being retired. It's really simple as everything is OOS on LEGO.com

You click on what set you want. If it says 'sold out' it's retired and you better look for it elsewhere. If it says 'temp sold out' then it's coming back and not retired. 

This deal won't be useful to about 99% of people but whatever.

Need to spend $35 to ship it.
Target.com has a 10% off one purchase with Target Circle coupon. (Doesn't include LEGO sets)
5% off with Red Card.
They also have B2G1 on children books.
So if you have a Red Card and the 10% coupon, and $27 in other stuff you can always return, you can get three of this book with Harry Potter minifigure, owl and 2x2 printed tile for $8.25 ($2.75 each) plus tax. :lol:

https://www.target.com/p/back-to-hogwarts-----lego-harry-potter--by-ameet-studio--paperback-/-/A-53986059

Harley Davidson LEGO set arrived today. Mostly good condition, but a few creases and dents in the box. How much does not having a mint box impact resale? I've resold a number of sets that weren't perfect, but I find it hard to get mint boxes on the larger sets. I'm still on the fence about opening this one or setting it aside to sell in the future, but just curious if you guys find it challenging to find boxes in good condition and if it impacts sets you resell?

Any decent alternatives to selling Lego lots other than eBay? My kids are growing up and have lots of Friends/Elves sets that they no longer want. I don't know if most people just buy lots for spare pieces or if they actually want sets.

Any decent alternatives to selling Lego lots other than eBay? My kids are growing up and have lots of Friends/Elves sets that they no longer want. I don't know if most people just buy lots for spare pieces or if they actually want sets.
People I think want sets. The Elves theme was popular and some of the sets go for oddly high amounts.

Took trip to the Lego store and they did indeed have some power functions out.  Picked up a couple of receivers, battery boxes, extra train motor, and a couple of medium motors.  Then they tried to sell me the Disney train. :speaktothehand: No clearance or sale prices though...have to keep an eye on them to see if I can get them cheaper later. 

Psyched to pick up that new Mandalorian set between now and sometime in January. Nice to see something cheaper featuring Mando + Grogu ... and a Tusken Raider which I don’t have. Hoping the fates align and I can apply my $20 store credit to that.

Lego.com has the new 2021 sets and prices... The City Skate Park is $40 and was supposed to be $30. The DOTS cupcake set has 650 pieces and is $25 with the new cupcake molds.

But DOTS series 3 has an interesting new mold, a round 1x1 tile with a raised star on top.
41921-1.jpg

New CMF, Mario blind bags and sets are being found at kohl’s
well i feel stupid. i zipped in today, grabbed the mandalorian set (75299), saw the new MF microfighter beside it but took a pass (will get it later on sale or AWD), turned around and walked out. had no idea the CMFs might be there. d'oh.

I just checked on my Nov 30th Lego.com order. Shipping label was created on 12/7, but hasn’t been picked up. Guessing I’m SOL on getting the promo sets that came with it

I just checked on my Nov 30th Lego.com order. Shipping label was created on 12/7, but hasn’t been picked up. Guessing I’m SOL on getting the promo sets that came with it
I would give LEGO a call because it shouldn't be taking that long. However everything has been sitting in the box since 12/7, so the set should be there too. All the OOS sets this year lead to the special edition sets not selling out so you might be in luck. Worse comes to worse if you call they can give you the skating rink which will probably turn out to be rarer.

And if you got a Black Friday rewards deal of $5 or $20 off don't forget you need to use them within 30 days (I think that's what it said.). I was going to order yesterday but the snow screwed me up and the Xtra food with the turkey is sold out.

And if you got a Black Friday rewards deal of $5 or $20 off don't forget you need to use them within 30 days (I think that's what it said.). I was going to order yesterday but the snow screwed me up and the Xtra food with the turkey is sold out.
I thought this got changed to 60 days.

I ended up ordering the Bugatti from Zavvi.  For something coming from overseas, I'm damn impressed.  I ordered it Friday and it showed up Monday.  That might be more impressive than Amazon.  Box was in perfect condition too.  

hidden side sets are very marked down at best buy, free shipping at $35 or free pickup if your store has them. not everything available for shipping unfortunately.

ghost lab 70419 $10.99 (normally $19.99)

Amazon has been price matching a lot of those prices and Walmart had the non 48% off sets too, but I doubt anything in stock. Fun theme, I'm going to miss it. The Ghost Lab is a really nice set, it looks decent from the back too.

The HP Pivet Drive has been that price for weeks. I almost got it the last time Target had a $10 GC with $50 purchase. 

This fun Jurassic set is $13 at Best Buy.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-jurassic-world-dilophosaurus-on-the-loose-75934/6351879.p?skuId=6351879

Merry Christmas, I hope you guys got more LEGOs than your kids!!!!

This is what I got this year. =-)
That's all? Curse 2020.

Walmart clearance on Lego started...weird pricing in some stores. Instead of ending $xx.00 some are ending in $xx.15 or .10 or .35.

FYI... LEGO Star Wars droid set is $100 at certain stores. I picked up the Land Rover for $140, trying to see if I find if cheaper.

Merry Christmas, I hope you guys got more LEGOs than your kids!!!!

This is what I got this year. =-)
that's a very merry christmas indeed! :)

my great family got me several sets from my wish list but also 21322 (pirates of barracuda bay ideas set) which was a total surprise!

I was gifted the Apollo 11 lunar lander for my birthday the other day which I wasn't expecting at all so that's awesome.
happy birthday! considering the amount of time i spend thinking about what sets i'm going to get and how cheaply i can get them, a surprise gift is especially great. :)

there's an apollo saturn V 92176 in the amazon warehouse for $87.11 if you're quick...

"very good" condition too!

I got the Mario starter course for Christmas. I started building it today. I knew about needing the app for instructions so that didn't irritate me too much. So I dump out bag one and start on step one. I found mario's feet. Great, on to step two. Attach mario's head and arms. They didn't include his head! That's the most important part! I submitted my request for the missing part through customer service. I found the part number in manual on the app but when I searched in the missing part search box, it didn't come up. WTF. I included the part number and description in their "can't find part" form. I haven't had any missing pieces in a lego set before. To be missing that part is a huge screw up on their QA team. Thank you for letting me vent

I found 41372 (A shitty Friends set) brand new at my mom's church tag sale, along with some SNES games like F-Zero, which is nice.

I didn't even know Mario's head was a separate piece.

bread's done
Back