LEGO Deals 3

These Mando sets have been real popular, I can't believe how much people were paying for the Razor Crest right before Christmas. I would have bought two HasLab Razor Crest if I knew it would be that popular, I guess leave it to disney.
Do you watch the show? Without spoiling, there's a reason it's in demand now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whelp, I just ordered an Assembly Square off Amazon.  Wish it was on S@H so I could get the skating rink but who knows when it shows up there again.

Whelp, I just ordered an Assembly Square off Amazon. Wish it was on S@H so I could get the skating rink but who knows when it shows up there again.
Guilty as well ... always wanted it but was hard to justify, felt like a now or never sort of thing when it popped back up today. Fingers crossed that all the sets released in the next 6 months will be awful for the sake of my wallet 😜

Guilty as well ... always wanted it but was hard to justify, felt like a now or never sort of thing when it popped back up today. Fingers crossed that all the sets released in the next 6 months will be awful for the sake of my wallet
I didn't think it was uncommon. Both Walmart ad Amazon had it in stock until at least December 29th. I was hoping LEGO would bring it back in stock and at least get a few set with it.

I didn't think it was uncommon. Both Walmart ad Amazon had it in stock until at least December 29th. I was hoping LEGO would bring it back in stock and at least get a few set with it.
I’ve seen a couple posts on Reddit from people saying their LEGO stores told them it wouldn’t be restocked again ... but who knows, it came out in 2017 so it might come back one more time but probably gone by the end of 2021 if not before.

I’ve seen a couple posts on Reddit from people saying their LEGO stores told them it wouldn’t be restocked again ... but who knows, it came out in 2017 so it might come back one more time but probably gone by the end of 2021 if not before.
Lego stores do have signs saying 'last chance' but I still feel like Walmart / Amazon will get more in stock. Not based on anything at all.

But just in case I also bought it. Why not blow $500 on LEGO in the last two days.... :whistle2:

Lego stores do have signs saying 'last chance' but I still feel like Walmart / Amazon will get more in stock. Not based on anything at all.

But just in case I also bought it. Why not blow $500 on LEGO in the last two days.... :whistle2:
It's orderable on S@H now if you want to get it there and cancel the Amazon order.

Little annoyed Amazon pushed my delivery date back, but I think I'm sticking there since I used some gift cards I had on hand from Christmas.

It's orderable on S@H now if you want to get it there and cancel the Amazon order.

Little annoyed Amazon pushed my delivery date back, but I think I'm sticking there since I used some gift cards I had on hand from Christmas.
Thanks for the heads up. I got another skating rink which is great. Still wish they had the teal car. My Amazon order only had $5 left on a gift card.

Even more sets are in stock which is nice and I was proven right. "Temp out of stock" means it is still being made and 'sold out' means it's retired. The amount of AFOLs who didn't get that was amazing.

Oddly I just bought Assembly Square at my local store and got a dented one for 50 bucks in credit. They had 2 or 3 available but also said they have not been told it's retired. I also learned Downtown Diner looks to be retired which is odd since it came out after Assembly Square. Stores seem to be getting decent stock in states that allow them to be open though they are certainly lower than normal conditions. I can say personally I don't think I'm going back to a mall for another 10 months if I can help it though.

Oddly I just bought Assembly Square at my local store and got a dented one for 50 bucks in credit. They had 2 or 3 available but also said they have not been told it's retired. I also learned Downtown Diner looks to be retired which is odd since it came out after Assembly Square. Stores seem to be getting decent stock in states that allow them to be open though they are certainly lower than normal conditions. I can say personally I don't think I'm going back to a mall for another 10 months if I can help it though.
The Diner is retired. That was on the rumour list before the pandemic changed some things around. They don't retire in order. In 2018 The Bank and Detective Office both retired at the same time. The Parisian Restaurant was older than both and retired in 2019. The Town Hall retired years before the Pet Shop.

Here is The Brick Fan picture that leads me to believe it's not retired (which clearly it's not, it's back in stock) just won't be carried in stores anymore, takes up too much room.

Also look how bad that box is. What did they do to the corners? :lol:
LEGO-Last-Chance-2020-scaled.jpg

The Diner is retired. That was on the rumour list before the pandemic changed some things around. They don't retire in order. In 2018 The Bank and Detective Office both retired at the same time. The Parisian Restaurant was older than both and retired in 2019. The Town Hall retired years before the Pet Shop.

Here is The Brick Fan picture that leads me to believe it's not retired (which clearly it's not, it's back in stock) just won't be carried in stores anymore, takes up too much room.

Also look how bad that box is. What did they do to the corners? :lol:
Good to know order of release doesn't impact retiring so thanks. For some reason thought they would.

Good to know order of release doesn't impact retiring so thanks. For some reason thought they would.
Because that would make sense, but it's LEGO, they still have a website that doesn't function at times so logic isn't their strong point. :D

Even more sets are in stock which is nice and I was proven right. "Temp out of stock" means it is still being made and 'sold out' means it's retired. The amount of AFOLs who didn't get that was amazing.
Pretty sure that's not consistent. There's lots of stuff that's sold out that came back in stock.

Pretty sure that's not consistent. There's lots of stuff that's sold out that came back in stock.
Like what?
Not sold out on the theme page, 'Sold out' if you clicked the set page. The theme pages with numerous sets listed everything 'Sold Out' but if you clicked on the set it would say 'Temp SO' or just "SO".
Everything I've seen has been 'temp sold out' came back. However "Temp SO" prepandemic meant it would come back before 'SO', SO used to mean LEGO didn't know when it be back, or it be months from now.

Have you guys seen these GoshFun sets on Amazon ... it’s like LEGO meets Fallout or Last of Us. They ripped off modular designs and made them look post apocalyptic. I’d buy one but they’re kind of pricey to take a gamble on at $219 a pop.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08M5H2KPY/ref=sspa_mw_detail_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&pd_rd_i=B08M5H2KPYp13NParams&th=1
That's awesome. But couldn't you just buy a modular for <$200 and make it look apocalyptic? $220 for a rip off of a set that was $170 three months ago seems way high.

"Temp out of stock" means it is still being made and 'sold out' means it's retired.
SO used to mean LEGO didn't know when it be back, or it be months from now.
Aren't you contradicting yourself here? You were saying sold out means retired, then sold out might not be retired. I was saying there's been sets marked sold out that's come back in stock, which jives with your reply.

Aren't you contradicting yourself here? You were saying sold out means retired, then sold out might not be retired. I was saying there's been sets marked sold out that's come back in stock, which jives with your reply.
You are clearly selectively reading what I wrote. PREPANDEMIC 'sold out' meant something different than it does now. What sets said sold out on their product page and came back in stock?

You are clearly selectively reading what I wrote. PREPANDEMIC 'sold out' meant something different than it does now. What sets said sold out on their product page and came back in stock?
Some of the exclusive sets like Winter Village did. I want to say the Ferris Wheel also. Probably the Apollo Saturn V, the Exo Suit...

The point is, it's not consistent unless it says retiring, then sells out.

Edit: Actually, looking at old posts online, Winter Village Market was actually marked retired before coming back.

I forgot to cancel my Amazon order after placing the LEGO one and Amazon changed my delivery date from Feb 26th to January 16th.

Yeah, mine jumped up to delivery this Saturday ... which isn’t great for budgeting ... but what the hell, why not 😝. Ironically it’s easier to return a bigger LEGO set to Amazon than LEGO in my experience, but I’m 95% sure I’ll be keeping this one (I semi regret selling the Bank, the Theater and a beat up box Cafe Corner!?! In the past).

Wow. That's insane. I wasn't going to cancel my Amazon one until the LEGO one shipped.

Do you have Amazon Prime?
I do have Prime.

It's not that big a deal, just really weird. I did apply a gift card after I ordered it so I don't know if that affected it.

There's also one currently available on Amazon, so maybe it's an issue to the warehouse/distribution center closest to me.

Just used the stupid Amazon chatbot to try to ask a question about it and that said it's being packed now and wouldn't put me in contact with an actual human. So maybe they just haven't updated the delivery date yet. I don't really feel like waiting for someone on the phone so that's the end of that line of discovery.

I do have Prime.

It's not that big a deal, just really weird. I did apply a gift card after I ordered it so I don't know if that affected it.
Oh it's probably the gift cards. If you change your order payment Amazon does weird things. So you probably got moved to the back of the list. However it was in stock yesterday so who the hell knows. Amazon in the middle of a pandemic got rid of the Pantry so who knows what Amazon is doing.

Yeah, mine jumped up to delivery this Saturday ... which isn’t great for budgeting ... but what the hell, why not . Ironically it’s easier to return a bigger LEGO set to Amazon than LEGO in my experience, but I’m 95% sure I’ll be keeping this one (I semi regret selling the Bank, the Theater and a beat up box Cafe Corner!?! In the past).
My plan was to wait to make sure Lego actually had it in stock, they like canceling things or taking both and returning the worst box to Amazon. But Amazon has been a bit of a pain with bigger things.

nice! i keep checking because i wanted the SW one but wasn't willing to pay anything close to retail
Funny as soon as I said that AWD had a HP Advent for $16.05 so I bought it. For tha price why not get a second one.

Keep looking for the Star Wars one. My limit is $1 a day for SW ($24 or less), maybe even check Walmart if you are brave enough to go into one, the other ones I have never paid less than 50% off.

Just used the stupid Amazon chatbot to try to ask a question about it and that said it's being packed now and wouldn't put me in contact with an actual human. So maybe they just haven't updated the delivery date yet. I don't really feel like waiting for someone on the phone so that's the end of that line of discovery.
if this happens to you again just skip the buttons and just below type "i want to chat with an associate" - you'll go straight to a human being. make sure you say "chat" or the bot will offer a phone call.

Funny as soon as I said that AWD had a HP Advent for $16.05 so I bought it. For tha price why not get a second one.

Keep looking for the Star Wars one. My limit is $1 a day for SW ($24 or less), maybe even check Walmart if you are brave enough to go into one, the other ones I have never paid less than 50% off.
nice, glad you were able to snag that. i love the minifigs in the SW advent calendars but find the mini builds to be meh (so this year's city advent calendar wasn't a hit - all mini builds). in the good old days i could always snag a crushed and battered one for half-off after xmas in the warehouse but pickings have been slim this year.

unfortunately my walmart had about 7 sets on the shelf, nothing on sale. i saw someone say the sale lego was in the garden center though and i didn't check there... but it's a bad walmart for lego in general.

I’m sure you can hang them similarly like model airplanes, I saw some guy on you show off his collection and he had several ships hanging.

I’m sure you can hang them similarly like model airplanes, I saw some guy on you show off his collection and he had several ships hanging.
I was just curious if anyone tried it with LEGO because they weigh more than model planes.

A Star Wars list came out, there seems to be a lot of a certain show people like and an 800 Euro ATAT!

I’d love to see a LEGO Star Wars minifigure series tied to that certain show ... Star Wars has never had a minifigure series right? Probably because they know AFOLs will buy super expensive sets to get one obscure SW minifig.

Have you guys seen these GoshFun sets on Amazon ... it’s like LEGO meets Fallout or Last of Us. They ripped off modular designs and made them look post apocalyptic. I’d buy one but they’re kind of pricey to take a gamble on at $219 a pop.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08M5H2KPY/ref=sspa_mw_detail_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&pd_rd_i=B08M5H2KPYp13NParams&th=1
The Goshfun Chinese Restaurant caught my eye -- $99 for a 1326 piece modular doesn't seem bad. But the picture is of a computer model -- that's a warning sign -- and the only reviews left no text.

Weirdly, it's a modular design, but that building intentionally doesn't have a fourth wall. Different, I guess. Dunno how I would feel about it, though it would collect dust more easily.

Then I found the review for the 5477 piece Toy Square - "missing multiple pieces out of individual bags and several bags were missing altogether" dated December 29 2020.

Pass. It would be nice to have an alternative without having to go to Ali Express, but I'm not taking a chance on it unless they get their QA up and there are more positive reviews.

Agreed, knock off LEGO stuff is really hit and miss. I bought a small “Starbucks” set from Sembo Blocks last year and I have to admit the quality was better than I expected it to be, especially given the low price.

I’d love to see a LEGO Star Wars minifigure series tied to that certain show ... Star Wars has never had a minifigure series right? Probably because they know AFOLs will buy super expensive sets to get one obscure SW minifig.
There is a rumour of a Marvel series in August so you never know. But if we ever did it would probably be 16 figures and 6 of them will be a version of Luke.

I grew up on the Classic Space sets, so that got my vote. Sorry GG.
Oh I already know it's going to win. So no big deal, it's not like I hate Classic Space. I have almost all the modern City Space Port sets. What pisses me off is that there are already have been sets in a way, we got new Classic Space minifigures battle pack, the green minifigures with the Exo-Suit. I'd be upset if Pirates, or Town win too, or even Castle as we have the Idea set and a Creator set coming out with those themes. It's why I wish they would just make the top three or 5 into sets as they have to know there is a demand for Classic Space.

LEGO bought Brinklink and some rejected Idea sets are going to be Bricklink exclusive sets. Why not make the top 3 themes and then make the runner up sets there? Or even have some free with purchase sets. Like a small Ice Planet vehicle would be amazing.

Hopefully that makes sense as I haven't had my coffee yet. :)

You can also vote for up to three themes. Did you write in what type you? I want Aquazone as I grew up with that and I wrote in Aquanauts as the branch I wanted. I voted Aquazone, Ice Planet and Adventures.

I think it would be great if LEGO made 1-2 $50-$100 sets from the top winning themes a year, and then some of the ones that had support but not the top make

Ice Planet, Blacktron and M:Tron ... we need classic 80’s/90’s space ... but after the boring original Space series ... wouldn’t mind seeing Space Police come back again, even though it had an update 10 years ago.

bread's done
Back