LEGO Deals 3

LEGO has recently extended the promotion for the LEGO Ideas Cosmic Cardboard Adventures (40533) on the LEGO Shop and Brand Stores. It was supposed to end at the end of May but it has been extended to June 14 or while supplies last. This is great news because some of the new June releases such as the LEGO Transformers Optimus Prime (10302) can now qualify for the set and many fans were hoping for that.
And Forestmen set starts June 15th.

Lego.com pick a brick has put a bunch of pieces back in stock in the last 2 days. Still missing a bunch of the animals and the browsing is a still a pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a new Disney+ LEGO Star Wars special that comes out in August, I think the 5th. It's called LEGO Star Wars: Summer Vacation which explains the advent calendar (or maybe it's another set and the advent calendar part is wrong.

Is it just me or does it seem like every new LEGO set is $99+ lately … like the jazz quartet … cool little set … feels like a $75 set … nope $100 … ugh, makes me feel like buying less LEGO.

$45USD! :bs: 30 Euros where 6 Euros is taxes. So really this is a $24USD set.
60345-1.jpg

Cardboard Adventures GWP disappeared on me during checkout. That saved me the temptation. Will gladly wait for Forestman GWP.  Retail w/o a bonus isn't in my budget. 

Splurged a bit … grabbed Optimus with the GWP … and then got the book, which then disappeared from the website and my order shows “waiting for new stock” … so I’m a bit curious what’s going to happen there.

I watched the designer video, this book is supposed to be limited but the page on LEGo doesn't indicate it.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/ferrari-daytona-sp3-the-sense-of-perfection-5007418

Splurged a bit … grabbed Optimus with the GWP … and then got the book, which then disappeared from the website and my order shows “waiting for new stock” … so I’m a bit curious what’s going to happen there.
All the freebies seem to be OOS now, forgot all about this, was busy doing other stuff, I guess I'm ok with 3 of each. :whistle2:

I also snagged Optimus prime and my PayPal receipt shows the GWP but it’s not at all on my email receipt from Lego nor is it on my order when I log in.

Do I contact customer service to make sure I got the GWP?

Yes.
I'm not sure if they can add it if the stock is out, but they can check for you to make sure it's included. If not have them cancel the order and wait for another GWP.
I checked with customer service and it looks like it’s not in my order. It’s too late to cancel but I can always return. They gave me 2600 vip points as compensation.

Managed to grab the Ferrari book last night. Seems like it went up 30 minutes late. Sold out after 10 minutes from what I saw in other forums.

Still need to get the Lamborghini and Ferrari ultimate cars at some point, but I've spent way too much this month

Aaaaand LEGO cancelled my Ferrari book order … which pisses me off because it was up for a good half hour after I placed my order … so customer service is getting a call.

Edit - whelp, called and they couldn’t do anything bc it’s sold out (the initial limit of 5 per person probably didn’t help) … but they did give me $30 in points … sooo not bad … gott save up for that castle …

What's so special about this overpriced book?

It's also being reported that in September LEGO Euro prices will increase 5%-25% on sets already released and future sets. Who knows if that will happen with the USA, but clearly the 25% on new sets is already happening.

Aaaaand LEGO cancelled my Ferrari book order … which pisses me off because it was up for a good half hour after I placed my order … so customer service is getting a call.

Edit - whelp, called and they couldn’t do anything bc it’s sold out (the initial limit of 5 per person probably didn’t help) … but they did give me $30 in points … sooo not bad … gott save up for that castle …
Fuuuucccckkkkk.....same here :bomb:

ETA: They only offered me 1950 pts

What's so special about this overpriced book?
Personally, I'm just interested in seeing the design process. Plus I have a large book collection, including a lot of "Art of..." and "Making of..." type books for movies and video games. Figured it would fit in nicely.

But no way in hell I'd pay the scalpers prices ($200+ and climbing). I wonder how many scalpers have cancelled orders and don't even realize it.

Personally, I'm just interested in seeing the design process. Plus I have a large book collection, including a lot of "Art of..." and "Making of..." type books for movies and video games. Figured it would fit in nicely.

But no way in hell I'd pay the scalpers prices ($200+ and climbing). I wonder how many scalpers have cancelled orders and don't even realize it.
I don't understand why LEGO can't just make of an $80 book.

It’s interesting that the book has been advertised on many sites as “limited to 5,000” but when you read the listing on Lego.com, it seems like the slip cover edition is actually what’s limited to 5,000. The LEGO rep did say that they had a way to reach out to folks if more books are made available, so I’m hoping they end up releasing a non-slip cover version at a significant discount for folks that had their orders cancelled.

It’s interesting that the book has been advertised on many sites as “limited to 5,000” but when you read the listing on Lego.com, it seems like the slip cover edition is actually what’s limited to 5,000. The LEGO rep did say that they had a way to reach out to folks if more books are made available, so I’m hoping they end up releasing a non-slip cover version at a significant discount for folks that had their orders cancelled.
Yeah, that threw me off last night, I decided against not getting it, wish I did to get some free vip points.

Some of the sets that will be increasing in price in August...

10698 Large Creative Brick Box – 11% increase from €44.99 to €49.99
10933 Tower Crane & Construction – 8% increase from €119.99 to €129.99
10947 Race Cars – 11% increase from €44.99 to €49.99
10952 Barn, Tractor & Farm Animal Care – 17% increase from €59.99 to €69.99
10956 Amusement Park – 20% increase from €99.99 to €119.99
11014 Bricks and Wheels – 11% increase from €44.99 to €49.99
21166 The “Abandoned” Mine – 15% increase from €19.99 to €22.99
21167 The Trading Post – 15% increase from €19.99 to €22.99
31109 Pirate Ship – 20% increase from €99.99 to €119.99
41681 Forest Camper Van and Sailboat – 11% increase from €44.99 to €49.99
41682 Heartlake City School – 8% increase from €64.99 to €69.99
41683 Forest Horseback Riding Center – 8% increase from €64.99 to €69.99
41685 Magical Funfair Roller Coaster – 11% increase from €89.99 to €99.99
41688 Magical Caravan – 11% increase from €44.99 to €49.99
42110 Land Rover Defender – 11% increase from €179.99 to €199.99
42114 6×6 Volvo Articulated Hauler – 4% increase from €249.99 to €259.99
42115 42115 Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 – 5% increase from €379.99 to €399.99
42128 Heavy-Duty Tow Truck – 13% increase from €149.99 to €169.99
43196 Belle and the Beast’s Castle – 6% increase from €79.99 to €84.99
60205 Tracks – 11% increase from €17.99 to €19.99
60282 Fire Command Unit – 20% increase from €49.99 to €59.99
60295 Stunt Show Arena – 11% increase from €89.99 to €99.99
71739 Ultra Sonic Raider – 6% increase from €84.99 to €89.99
71755 Temple of the Endless Sea – 10% increase from €99.99 to €109.99
75255 Yoda – 20% increase from €99.99 to €119.99
75948 Hogwarts Clock Tower – 11% increase from €89.99 to €99.99
76191 Infinity Gauntlet – 14% increase from €69.99 to €79.99

Some sets that aren't out yet are getting a hike. Some sets that were crazy priced (Star Wars vignettes) are getting hikes.

German site stonewars.de has Ninjago City Gardens going from 300 to 350 Euros in August. I'm gonna have to rethink my summer Lego spending to "save" $50. 

Some sets that aren't out yet are getting a hike. Some sets that were crazy priced (Star Wars vignettes) are getting hikes.

German site stonewars.de has Ninjago City Gardens going from 300 to 350 Euros in August. I'm gonna have to rethink my summer Lego spending to "save" $50.
What I don't get is Assembly Square is still not going up in price but NinjaGo Gardens might be. (Not all price increases in Germany and UK have been in the USA too.

I think I have Optimus Prime regret … I assumed it would sell out and could possibly be a quick flip if I didn’t feel like keeping it. Seems like they either made a ton or demand is far lower than expected. I’m also bothered by the fact he doesn’t have knees, which severely limits poses compared to some of the recent Ninjago mechs.

So with all that said, I may just trade him in towards the castle in a few months … since LEGO makes it such a pain in the ass to actually get your money back once an item has shipped.

I didn't buy Optimus Prime because of the price.  I had it in my cart with the bonuses night of release, but just decided against it. Comparing Voltron's $180 to Optimus Prime's $170, you get so much less.  Maybe if there's a really good GWP I will reconsider.

LEGO-Transformers-10302-Optimus-Prime-Review-30-UEEPq7-640x360.jpg

Lately, Best Buy has some coupon that honey plugs in for 10% off that has been working for Legos.  I got the new Tumbler and Gunship using it.  It helps that I get a F-ton of BB reward zone points from my credit card purchases.  I'm just now putting some of my GWP up on Ebay and it's just not worth it unless you bundle them to save shipping costs.  Between Zavvi and BB, Lego store doesn't get my business anymore.

I didn't buy Optimus Prime because of the price. I had it in my cart with the bonuses night of release, but just decided against it. Comparing Voltron's $180 to Optimus Prime's $170, you get so much less. Maybe if there's a really good GWP I will reconsider.

LEGO-Transformers-10302-Optimus-Prime-Review-30-UEEPq7-640x360.jpg
Optimus Prime is, at best, a $120 set that LEGO is charging $170 for.

Just wait until September when LEGO probably makes the set $200.

Lately, Best Buy has some coupon that honey plugs in for 10% off that has been working for Legos. I got the new Tumbler and Gunship using it. It helps that I get a F-ton of BB reward zone points from my credit card purchases. I'm just now putting some of my GWP up on Ebay and it's just not worth it unless you bundle them to save shipping costs. Between Zavvi and BB, Lego store doesn't get my business anymore.
What GWP do you have?

Nothing rare...Sailboat, Amelia Earhart, Adidas, Nutcracker, Ice Skating, etc.

That Sailboat weighs over a pound so shipping from VA to say CA can be $10-15.

I used to justify Lego store purchases saying I'd sell the GWP for $20-30, but that is more like $10 when all is said and done.  

Now Star Wars GWP...that's a different story.

I saw the new Orchids set in Target yesterday, had to pass because my kids get pissed when I buy myself stuff before Father's Day.  Let's see if I get it or a coffee mug with cats on it.  

I used to justify Lego store purchases saying I'd sell the GWP for $20-30, but that is more like $10 when all is said and done.
This is the problem I have, but I’m realizing I will probably never go through the hassle of selling them. I got two Lars kitchen and 3 beskar keychains that I will probably just be holding on to.

I try to sell locally or collector boards and sites prior to eBay and Mercari.
Thing is that a lot collector on these sites are casual or collectors or ignorant of aftermarket.
I listed a lot of various stuff in FB groups and marketplace. Got lots of dumb questions and lowballers but if you’re patient the right buyer will find you. When that fails I’ve had a good amount of success on Mercari lately. It’s worth them taking their cut to not deal with the ignorant and lowballers as well as the convenience. Shipping is easy, just pack your item up well and take it to UPS or USPS with the QR code and you’re all set. I made $1k in sales last month between LEGO and transformers, still got a good amount of things to list but it feels good to make progress.

Local FB marketplace near me is so bad that if you put in a little effort, you’ll stand out. So many sellers take terrible photos or do lazy shit like “too much to list. Make an offer”

I’ve been selling on Bricklink because it’s easy and low fees, but it’s definitely more passive than other sites.

I’ve noticed this trend, Christmas ones too but those seem to have larger prints recently.
I don't know. I missed out on the Christmas Tree from 2020 I think it was. 2021 no one likes that Christmas thing.

I now probably have over 300 unopen sets. At some point I will need to sell them, or at least some of them. They are in my mom's attic and she doesn't know. :lol:

You're all missing that it's going to cost an additional $75 to implement the recommended automation scheme to the Loop Coaster.  So tasty.  Also, the sticker with a map featuring other rides has a carousel that does not resemble anything that is currently for sale, so maybe that's a future 3-in-1 set.

bread's done
Back